When did you join the Moonlight Fandom?

Emerald
Sire

Re: When did you join the Moonlight Fandom?

Post by Emerald »

eris wrote:Am I the only one who had the opposite reaction to "this guy" in the pilot? :giggle:
Nope, not at all. As much as I loved Mick, and admire Alex as an actor and a person, the only time I was even remotely attracted to him in a physical sense was when he was in the full Vampire makeup. Otherwise he just doesn't do it for me, at all. I'm not blind, I can see the guy is extremely handsome, he's just not my type. I prefer more 'boy next door' or 'effeminate' types. Alex is just way too manly for my taste.
"Vampires are outside the realms of human constructed notions of sexuality"

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Queen of the Jock (Josef/Mick) Shippers
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

^ No, Eris, I can understand that you feel that way. I tried to get some women at work to check out 'hot guy' and they just didn't get the attraction. And to be totally honest, if 'Mick' was a real person and I had a choice between Alex and Mick (as Alex portrayed him in make-believe, of course), I'd probably pick Mick. I'm strangely attracted to the type (great guy... other than one BIG flaw). :blushing: Although Alex has some very deep moments in those interviews... :chin:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

Well,
I fell hard and early. I was on MLF and then moved to MLL after the big crash, then kept moving with the familiar faces.
I watched the first two episodes and then was "compelled to write" starting with commercial fill in. I even went to LA on a wing and a prayer to meet up with other wonderful addicts, much to my family's dismay and shock.

Never looked back and now, wouldn't want to.

:ghug:
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

I can't even remember exactly when I joined, either late 2007 or early 2008 on MLL. :dizzy: :blushing: :whistle:

mitzie :mooncat:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

AussieJo wrote:I had been "lurking" around since January 2008.
Originally looking for a way to watch NSTAV, and discovered the fansites, but didn't officially join one 'til late March.
It was MLL.
And my dear ones, it's been a pleasure to get to know you all. :ghug: :smooch:
Yes, that's quite my timeline too. I watched NSTAV on Youtube in December 2007, I think. It was an accident. Then I lurked at MLL since January 2008 and joined in June. Then I had about 2000 posts in one month, and then did the GFA, and then MLL imploded. The most busy summer I ever had, LOL. I joined ML4ever in September and MLA in January. I hope that's all I ever have to move, though.
Love you all! :heart:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

I joined April 19, 2009.

Started looking for Moonlight fanfic around the first of April, found Moonlightaholics, joined the same day and started reading the library first.

Really miss the Coffee House.

Just sayin'

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
NightAir
Fledgling

Post by NightAir »

I started lurking soon after NSTAV. Found MLF first (never have joined, but still go back occasionally). I think I must have read just about anything I could find about ML online.
Lurked on MLL a long time before finally joining in late spring/early summer 2008, just before the implosion. Moved on to other sites. Now I can't get enough fanfic, but I never read a word of it while the show was still airing.
I became a member of this site in Feb. 2009. I'm still mainly a lurker as is obvious if you look at my post count. :whistle: But, I love it here and plan to stay.
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

NightAir wrote:Now I can't get enough fanfic, but I never read a word of it while the show was still airing.
Me, too, NightAir. You and I must be late-bloomers! :giggle:

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

jen wrote:I joined April 19, 2009.

Started looking for Moonlight fanfic around the first of April, found Moonlightaholics, joined the same day and started reading the library first.

Really miss the Coffee House.

Just sayin'

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Maybe we'll stop being lazy and get it back up for ya, Jen...

And how interesting the various time-lines for finding the fandom... of course we're also all over the map for when we found the show itself...between original eps on CBS, the Final Four eps, SciFi's run, and international showings, and of course the stalwarts who watched thru YT. Yet how amazing the dedication we share in common, after such different experiences finding the show and the fandom... woot!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Moonlight popped my cherry, so to speak. :teeth:

Fandom? Fan fic? Banners, avatars?? WTH??? :dizzy: I was a fan virgin - never realized there was such a thing as fan boards, or that people wrote fic about existing shows, or made banners, or...whatever. I ended up on Moonlightfans.com because I was looking for more information on some guy on the show I'd never seen before, but was immediately drawn to. Thank goodness for my personal policy of giving new shows 3 episodes to impress me - because Ep 2 just blew me away. I was an Alex fan from that moment.

Joined over at MLL when the Great Joomla of 2007 happened, but didn't spend much time there - MLF was my home. Started reading fanfic and after Ep 3, thought..."I can do this, too. I think I want to try." :biggrin:

What amazes me is the folks I've met, either on the boards, through chat, or face to face - and I want to beat anyone that still refers to us as "rabid" fans. We're just fans - we work inside and outside the home, we have spouses, partners and better halves, we have children and grandchildren. We struggle with our burdens and celebrate our successes. We're older, we're younger, but we all share one common theme - we love our Moonlight.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Soooo... wanting to "beat" anyone that calls you "rabid" makes you... a pacifist??? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

*ducking*

But I'm with ya, Pgal... we are lovely people. Like our actors. Who are also lovely people. Lovely in all senses of the word, but I digress...

And I did not realize there were fanboards, either. I googled Alex after about ep 8 (I only found the show at ep 6)... but I spent my first few visits on-line just playing fanvids off of YT... I didn't notice til later, after ep 12, that there were fansites. And then I really only knew about the blog at TVG... which Moonlighter began to run, actually, a couple months later. :wave: Hey Sweetie... I think she's still running a blog, in fact...

But the girls at that blog told me about MLL... I didn't join there until after the cancellation tho. And then I ran as soon as The Troubles began... to 4E. From which I ran as soon as THOSE troubles began to here. So far, I'm stickin'. Hey Phee! :wave:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

I tried to post this days ago, but I've been having internet trouble for almost two weeks and my connection was spotty at best (it's fixed now!).

Here's my story:

Saw a TV Guide article about the new upcoming show "Moonlight." Made lots of fun of it for being a "rip off" of Forever Knight. However, that guy in the pictures was gorgeous. That's the main reason I decided to check out the show, I've never liked the vampire genre. Also I believe there was something before or after it on the same channel that I watched every Friday (I think it was Numb3rs). The first few weeks I had it on in the background while doing other things, then "Fever" aired -- and my cat was sleeping in my lap and I didn't want to disturb him so I gave the entire episode my full attention -- and that's when I got hooked. It was Mickbeth all the way until Sleeping Beauty when I started to fall for Josef.

Of course I immediately checked online for fannish activity, having been involved in fandom for decades and was desperately in need of a new one to be excited about. At first I only found the different LJ communities. Then I discovered and joined Moonlight Fans on 10/31/07. MLL wasn't far behind. I wrote my first ML fanfic story on 11/04, and on 11/10/07 I started the series that I'm still writing to this day (HB). Nope, I didn't waste any time.
:giggle:
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

I got in to the ML fandom on MLL back in January of 2008, just wanting to catch up on what was going on. I'd been a fan of the show since the premiere, but didn't have net at home. When I moved up here, I joined right off. Hard to believe all the stuff I have done since- RP, Fan Fic (read and write), sent messages to support my show, lived through the implosion of my online "home", and made more friends than I ever imagined possible as we created other cozy homes. *Hugs you all* We're a strong group... and I wouldn't trade the ML gang for anything.
Jen

Mick's Synful One
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Thanks, Grace!!! I look forward to seeing new recommendations. I will really be shocked if I'm the only one.

Yes, it is fascinating how we all came to love Moonlight, and adore the continuation of that universe in fanfic. I am still grieving over the loss of such a fabulous show and amazing character created.

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
camluvswilliam
Freelance freshie

Post by camluvswilliam »

My story goes like this, now pardon me for not remembering the exact date I decide on fandom, but this is my story

I saw previews for moonlight on TV, and I was in this mind set that it was going to be like Angel, a show that had gone off the air two years previous. So I tuned in at first I was like same old story header this a million times before, this is such an Angel rip-off..then I got into and I realized no I was very wrong. It wasn't the same, and I started tuning in every day on every episode. I want to say I joined the fandom in late 2007/early 2008, like I said I'm not sure of the exact date. I may have just started when MLL was falling down, after that I joined in also at MLF and MD..I'm still a member over at MD. I love it all and you guys are all the best!!!

Edit: because I remember parts I forgot to mention.

Return to “Meeting Moonlight - September 28, 2007”