TVguide: Moonlight's Mick "Has Been Laid to Rest"

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: TVguide: Moonlight's Mick "Has Been Laid to Rest"

Post by francis »

wpgrace wrote:Awww! Y'all are feeling bad about expressing hanging on to MICK??? :comfort: Don't do that! Don't you DARE feel badly about that!

I am doing both, girls! I LOVE Alex... and I'm gonna watch that darned medical show whether it's good or not... and I even love his not-Mick hair... :snicker:

But, Oh Good Bob! I am not ABOUT to give up Mick... well... let me rephrase. I am gonna continue to LOOOOOOOO-VE Mick and I am gonna hope the writers and pic posters continue to allow me to NOT give up Mick... cause I'm pretty worthless...
Just ditto!
:happysigh:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

laurapesada wrote: Ok, if this makes you feel better , No, you're not the only ones... :thumbs:
But some people is just afraid to post how they really feel.. :sigh:
I truly hope that no one is afraid to express their feelings here. Not all of the voices on this forum are as loud or as eloquent as others, but each one is valued and respected. Chances are there are many people who feel the same but who just haven't been able to put those emotions into words yet. :hug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Lilly wrote:
laurapesada wrote: Ok, if this makes you feel better , No, you're not the only ones... :thumbs:
I truly hope that no one is afraid to express their feelings here. Not all of the voices on this forum are as loud or as eloquent as others, but each one is valued and respected. Chances are there are many people who feel the same but who just haven't been able to put those emotions into words yet. :hug:
Definitely, some of us are gabbier than others, :blushing: but there are very few things I can imagine you saying that wouldn't be respected here. I guess that saying "Moonlight sucked, there wasn't one good thing about it, and you people are all losers" wouldn't go over well... but then again, look at the title of our forum. :laugh:

I don't want to go all moddish here, but if any of you do feel afraid or unable to post your opinion, will you please contact one of us? There are such different people among the admin/mod staff, I hope you can think of one of us who you feel comfortable enough to talk to. Maybe there's something we can do to help. :hug:
lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

lunalux wrote:

this may sound ridiculous but I do believe there is a little corner of the universe/collective unconscious where Moonlight is alive and well and isn't going anywhere.
It's not ridiculous to me. Well put. I feel the same way. Mick was a transcendent character. ML did tap into the collective unconscious of some of us. It's an eternal treasure. Mick and Beth and Josef and others are alive and well and living on my DVD, on MLaholics and in our collective hearts. :heart: :heart: :heart: It's simply not possible for them to be laid to rest.
lafluffy, Queen of the Damned Fluffies
........................Image
.......................Fabulous screencap by the ever fabulous lighterthanair.
lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

allegrita wrote:
lunalux wrote:Yeah, PNWgal... it has always been all about Mick for me. I do love him. No question. This sounds absolutely crazy, but I told kays when we met her on the Queen Mary that one thing I profoundly regret is that I will never meet/can never meet Mick St. John in person.
Luna, you're not crazy at all. I feel the same way--but on another level, to me, they're still living here in Los Angeles...well, most of 'em, anyway. :heart: Mick still broods over downtown LA, standing next to the gargoyle on the upper terrace. Beth is still searching for a gritty story, and fighting with her editor about doing "fluff pieces." (Come on, she couldn't keep on working for Talbot...she was bound to go back to journalism as soon as Mick talked her out of believing that she was endangering him...) The freshies still hang out by the pool at the mansion, and Josef has used the economic slump to make himself at least three times as rich as he was before. Logan already rules at Guitar Hero 5. Carl is still on the case, and Talbot is still trying to fill Josh's big shoes in the DA's office. Maybe Coraline is the belle of Paris vampire society by now...I hope so. In any case, none of them have been laid to rest as far as I'm concerned...nor are they likely to be, for the foreseeable future...

(Edited to fix a typo)
Sigh. Reading those words is like floating in a nice, warm bath. Thanks!
lafluffy, Queen of the Damned Fluffies
........................Image
.......................Fabulous screencap by the ever fabulous lighterthanair.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

laurapesada wrote:
Ok, if this makes you feel better , No, you're not the only ones... :thumbs:
laura this is definitely a board where you should never be afraid to express your love of ML or Mick or Josef or the others. Every one of us here "gets it". Besides the fact that I totally adore this board, there is a massive reason I spend ALL my online time here and not at other boards - because it's ML first & foremost. I am totally happy to follow Alex and the other cast in all their future roles but I do that from THIS board because you are never made to feel that you have to keep a lid on your ML enthusiasm while doing so. :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
laurapesada
Fledgling

Post by laurapesada »

Hey!
I've just checked that some of you have replied to my post.
I am sorry , I should had thought before posting that , I didn't know you were all going to catch it so fast...
I want to say that I NEVER had any problem with anyone here.
i did got some negative PM in ANOTHER SITE because something I said about missing ML and about 3R premise. I didn't say anything bad , just my opinion . But it's ok , i don't go there anymore...I just deleted them and it's over and forgotten...But when I saw this thread I just remembered that.
Thanks to everyone and the Mods...I want to make it clear that I never got any of those PM here...But I guess that when that happens to you , you just watch your words everywhere.
Sorry if I caused any confusion, I didn't mean it.
Thanks to all !
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Aww honey... :ghug: You're among friends here. We all love Mick and Josef!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

No problem, sweetie! :rose: We really try to make everyone here feel at home. And hopefully, "home" is where you can let your hair down a bit and know that you're among family. :hug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

:heart: :heart: That's why I love it here! We are not over Moonlight and don't want to be! It's true that each board has its "vibe." Here I believe we can express our love for ML without being told we need to get over it. Other boards are more Alex squueee, which I can do at times quite willing, but posting anything even slightly negative, ie., "I don't like his shoes," can be viewed as a blasphemy.

Thanks mods and adminstrators for keeping this wonderful place for us! :cheer: :cheer:
Liana
Freelance freshie

Post by Liana »

I wondered what will happen if 3R gets low ratings and cancelled?! :sadface:
Looks like Alex has big hopes for the show, but I'm still very sceptical about it.
I want it to have a big success, Alex deserves it. But still... promos don't look very promising to me. :sigh: ML was a huge breakthrough for Alex and a great opportunity to make a good career. Whiteout is pretty crappy. Next comes 3R... we'll see how that goes... :fingerscrossed: And of course, there's The Back-up Plan... I hope it will be much better than most JLo movies... I mean few crappy movies won't make any good to his career.
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

I suspect that if TRs is cancelled, Alex will carry on just like he did after Moonlight. As we know, he was devastated when Moonlight was cancelled. I would think that should something similiar happen to TRs, this time around it might not sting as much. He's an actor. He'll go were the work is and find roles that he feels are a good fit for him. I just wish the rest of the Moonlight cast could find something they wish to be involved in. I miss seeing them on my TV. :sigh:
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

lunalux wrote:

I do believe there is a little corner of the universe/collective unconscious where Moonlight is alive and well and isn't going anywhere.
I love this statement. It feels like it should be proudly emblazoned on t-shirts and coffee mugs!

Return to “Mick St. John”