TVguide: Moonlight's Mick "Has Been Laid to Rest"

darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: TVguide: Moonlight's Mick "Has Been Laid to Rest"

Post by darkstarrising »

I've heard Alex go back and forth on this, from his point of view, right now, he has a new series to promote. He's walking a very fine line between alienating / attracting his ML fans to 3R. If he came out very strongly now about wanting to do something with ML, some might interpret that as a lack of interest in his new show.

That said, I would cheerfully kill to see ML as a TV movie, but as all of you have said, the ball is in Joel Silver's court....and right now, that man's track record for making good movies isn't what it used to be...(I'm thinking 'Speed Racer' -bad cartoon made into a worse movie).
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
lunalux
Fledgling

Post by lunalux »

Yeah, PNWgal... it has always been all about Mick for me. I do love him. No question. This sounds absolutely crazy, but I told kays when we met her on the Queen Mary that one thing I profoundly regret is that I will never meet/can never meet Mick St. John in person.

ETA:
darkstarrising wrote:I've heard Alex go back and forth on this, from his point of view, right now, he has a new series to promote. He's walking a very fine line between alienating / attracting his ML fans to 3R. If he came out very strongly now about wanting to do something with ML, some might interpret that as a lack of interest in his new show.

That said, I would cheerfully kill to see ML as a TV movie, but as all of you have said, the ball is in Joel Silver's court....and right now, that man's track record for making good movies isn't what it used to be...(I'm thinking 'Speed Racer' -bad cartoon made into a worse movie).
Rotten Tomatoes: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/wo ... e_worst/1/ I guess one positive is that it is at 100.
Last edited by lunalux on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Not crazy at all, luna. :hug:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

I heard from a close friend that still campaigns for more Moonlight that Joel Silver is now out of the picture. Something about him selling off his shares of Moonlight to the WB. I guess one two many bombs at the box office has forced Joel to liquidate his assets. :biggrin: Still, I have no clue if this is 100% accurate. And it still doesn't mean all that much, as the WB doesn't appear to be too interested either.
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

lunalux wrote:but I also agree with everyone else here that ML somehow has transcended the BS -- this may sound ridiculous but I do believe there is a little corner of the universe/collective unconscious where Moonlight is alive and well and isn't going anywhere.
Ah! A woman after my own heart. :heart:

I'd like to believe that Mick is still out there, relocated away from LA, living up to the high moral human standards we know he believes in, protecting the innocent and punishing the predators. I'd like to believe that Beth is with him and they are making it work without Coraline's interference. And I'd like to believe that Josef is somewhere in the Cayman Islands continuing to acrue money with a herd of swimsuit clad freshies.

They are all still alive - or undead as the case may be - believing this just brightens my day.
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Miss Luna, not crazy one bit. :hug: There are a few characters I'm sad I'll never meet. Mick is on that short list of mine. Sigh....

I agree that Alex has to play both sides a bit. Not make ML fans upset with comments about moving on and such, but also trying to bring in the fold to his new series and future movies. There are people out there more excited about TR than me, but that's cool. I can't wait to see the series and Alex as a different character. In 100% honesty, I have to say, I'm more excited about BUP (comedy!!) than I am Three Rivers, but I WILL be watching every Sunday (except when the Dallas Cowboys play on Sunday nights and I'll be DVRing it to watch immediately after. Heh. :thumbs: ).
*Christy*

one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Actors do many roles in their lives.
It's important to let them, (in our hearts and minds) become all that they can be.
Current or future successes in no way diminish their previous work.

Alex will always be 'our Mick', but he will be much more too. I wish him all the success he can manage and have no wish to hold him back.

If a movie works out somehow later on, well that would be great, too.

The truely great thing about this is that Moonlight becomes part of his foundation, and never forgotten.
If Alex had disappeared forever after the cancellation, Moonlight would have been quickly forgotten too.
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

lunalux wrote:Yeah, PNWgal... it has always been all about Mick for me. I do love him. No question. This sounds absolutely crazy, but I told kays when we met her on the Queen Mary that one thing I profoundly regret is that I will never meet/can never meet Mick St. John in person.
Luna, you're not crazy at all. I feel the same way--but on another level, to me, they're still living here in Los Angeles...well, most of 'em, anyway. :heart: Mick still broods over downtown LA, standing next to the gargoyle on the upper terrace. Beth is still searching for a gritty story, and fighting with her editor about doing "fluff pieces." (Come on, she couldn't keep on working for Talbot...she was bound to go back to journalism as soon as Mick talked her out of believing that she was endangering him...) The freshies still hang out by the pool at the mansion, and Josef has used the economic slump to make himself at least three times as rich as he was before. Logan already rules at Guitar Hero 5. Carl is still on the case, and Talbot is still trying to fill Josh's big shoes in the DA's office. Maybe Coraline is the belle of Paris vampire society by now...I hope so. In any case, none of them have been laid to rest as far as I'm concerned...nor are they likely to be, for the foreseeable future...

(Edited to fix a typo)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

allegrita wrote:
lunalux wrote:Yeah, PNWgal... it has always been all about Mick for me. I do love him. No question. This sounds absolutely crazy, but I told kays when we met her on the Queen Mary that one thing I profoundly regret is that I will never meet/can never meet Mick St. John in person.
Luna, you're not crazy at all. I feel the same way--but on another level, oo me, they're still living here in Los Angeles...well, most of 'em, anyway. :heart: Mick still broods over downtown LA, standing next to the gargoyle on the upper terrace. Beth is still searching for a gritty story, and fighting with her editor about doing "fluff pieces." (Come on, she couldn't keep on working for Talbot...she was bound to go back to journalism as soon as Mick talked her out of believing that she was endangering him...) The freshies still hang out by the pool at the mansion, and Josef has used the economic slump to make himself at least three times as rich as he was before. Logan already rules at Guitar Hero 5. Carl is still on the case, and Talbot is still trying to fill Josh's big shoes in the DA's office. Maybe Coraline is the belle of Paris vampire society by now...I hope so. In any case, none of them have been laid to rest as far as I'm concerned...nor are they likely to be, for the foreseeable future...
Amen, alle, amen!! the only time that any of them will be laid to rest is when we forget them....something I don't see happening for a very long time.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Well, maybe TPTB have decided to try an bury it, but they forgot something. Moonlight is still alive. Just look around here. We've figured out that we don't have to be TBTB to write fanfic, engage in wonderful conversations and make Moonlight friends.

It kind of reminds me of the story of the donkey in the well.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hear, hear! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

For me, the first part of that article sounds exactly like one that I read back in June 2008 that we all were particularily angry about. It sounds like they just revived that old article and added that Alex has a new show out. They didn't even interview Alex again, they took the old blurb.

As for moving on, Alex has to, we don't have to. So we're entitled to feel different, but we still need to respect Alex' opinion because it's his life and career, not ours.
I'm still hoping that maybe there might be a movie or something, but if it's not to be, it's okay. I might be dissappointed by a movie anyway, if the writing is bad or they don't get the original actors to do it. As much as it pains me, Sophia for example seems to have moved on since day 1.
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

PNWgal wrote:
lunalux wrote:
I think the underlying funk some people have been filling lately is precisely because Alex is clearly is moving on...as he should...but I still feel like :Mickangel: and have avoided 3R forums for that very reason.

And here I thought I was the only one. :ysmile:

I'm not usually one to beat a dead horse, but I REALLY don't like the feeling marginalized because of my love for Moonlight. I adore Alex and am a dedicated fan, but I wouldn't be if it hadn't been for Mick.
No, you guys are not alone. I have the same sentiment. I love Alex, but I would not have known who he was if not for ML. End of story.
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
laurapesada
Fledgling

Post by laurapesada »

wollstonecraft61 wrote:
PNWgal wrote:
lunalux wrote:
I think the underlying funk some people have been filling lately is precisely because Alex is clearly is moving on...as he should...but I still feel like :Mickangel: and have avoided 3R forums for that very reason.

And here I thought I was the only one. :ysmile:

I'm not usually one to beat a dead horse, but I REALLY don't like the feeling marginalized because of my love for Moonlight. I adore Alex and am a dedicated fan, but I wouldn't be if it hadn't been for Mick.
No, you guys are not alone. I have the same sentiment. I love Alex, but I would not have known who he was if not for ML. End of story.
Ok, if this makes you feel better , No, you're not the only ones... :thumbs:
But some people is just afraid to post how they really feel.. :sigh:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Awww! Y'all are feeling bad about expressing hanging on to MICK??? :comfort: Don't do that! Don't you DARE feel badly about that!

I am doing both, girls! I LOVE Alex... and I'm gonna watch that darned medical show whether it's good or not... and I even love his not-Mick hair... :snicker:

But, Oh Good Bob! I am not ABOUT to give up Mick... well... let me rephrase. I am gonna continue to LOOOOOOOO-VE Mick and I am gonna hope the writers and pic posters continue to allow me to NOT give up Mick... cause I'm pretty worthless...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)

Return to “Mick St. John”