Your nine favorite Moonlight guest characters

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Your nine favorite Moonlight guest characters

Post by allegrita »

Hi Moonlightaholics,

Here's a fun game to celebrate Moonlight's ninth anniversary. Aside the four lead characters (Mick, Josef, Beth, and Coraline) and the recurring characters (Josh, Maureen, Guillermo, Steve, Logan, Carl, Officer Novak, Ben Talbot), what are your nine favorite guest characters?

If you need to refresh your memory, here's a link to the Moonlight Episode Info thread, which contains short descriptions and cast lists for each episode.

Here are my favorites. I've had a hard time narrowing it down to nine, to be honest!

1. Ray Fordham. It's hard to believe we only met him once, he was such a powerful character. Mick's boyhood friend, his brother in arms, and the man he could never forgive himself for betraying (although we viewers never saw it as a betrayal). He has inspired several of us to write stories to explore more of his life.

2. Lilah Fordham. She belongs right up there with Ray. Mick's first love, and his first heartbreak. She, too, is an inspiring character, and there are a bunch of stories about her. I can only imagine the mixed joy and heartache she experienced when Ray was returned to her.

3. Donovan Shepard. He was amazingly creepy-compelling, and totally believable as a serial killer turned immortal monster. Honestly, I was kinda sorry to see him go, he was so good. Kudos to Gideon Emery for a bravura performance.

4. Dolores Maxfield Whittaker, a.k.a. Lola. She was an ancient vampire who just didn't care who she stomped on to get her way. Ruthless, gorgeous, and completely without a conscience, she was the only vampire to get the best of Josef. Once again, I think she would have been an awesome recurring character, and I'm sorry she died. (Or did she...? :brow: )

5. Bobby Desmond. A clue to Mick's past, and also an example of the way Mick had to let his friendships and relationships lapse in order to protect himself. Bobby was a good cop and a wise man. Mick could really have used a friend like him over the years. It made me so sad that he had to cut himself off from Bobby.

6. Gerald Stovsky. He was a wonderful character, so quirky, and so memorable! I wonder what happened to him after the Cleaners took him away. :confused2:

7. Richard Whitley. Sarah's father was consumed by the need to avenge his daughter's (supposed) death at Josef's hands. He seemed to be kept alive by sheer strength of will. He really stuck with me.

8. Chemma Tejada. He was one scary dude. I loved the way he was portrayed as a pitiless monster of a man, but also a loving father. He was another ruthless adversary, extremely well portrayed, who dominated his episode even though he had few scenes.

9. Lance Duvall. I was fascinated by him, and wanted to know more about him and the rest of Coraline's family. There was so much potential there!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Your nine favorite Moonlight guest characters

Post by allegrita »

I'd forgotten that I started this thread! :blushing: Life has been very busy the past couple of months. I thought I'd bump this in case anybody feels like listing their favorite guest characters. :hearts:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Hmm, let me think. Guest characters are those only in one episode, right? So Guillermo and Logan don't count.

Ryder England.
Halftheworldisnight Lola.
Leni Hayes
Leejay Spalding.
Donovan Shepherd.
Gemma Tejada.
Ray Fordham.
Lance Duvall.
Sarah, despite not saying a word, her life story is so significant for Josef.

Seems the baddies are winning for me, huh?
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I like your list--it's evenly divided between good guys and bad guys. :teeth:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

:chin: :bulb: How about...

Julia (OotP)

Leni (Fever)

Marissa (AD)

Lola (BC)

Audrey (12:40am)

Robert and
Lilah (WLB)

Emma and
Jackson (Sonata)
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.

Return to “Moonlight's Ninth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2016”