Moonlight's Seventh Anniversary

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Moonlight's Seventh Anniversary

Post by allegrita »

Happy Seventh Anniversary, Moonlight! :celebrate:

I spent today with Moonlight fans, and I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to spend time in the company of people who understand. People who get why the Title Guarantee Building in LA is much more than an Art Deco masterpiece. People who would rather reminisce over a show long gone than speculate about the newest flash in the pan on TV. People who are so interested in a perfectly imperfect world created by others, they feel the need to write stories to fill in the blanks and explain the inconsistencies and imagine what happened after that door closed.

But I must confess, I felt a little sad that I couldn't be there with all of you. My friends. My fellow Moonlightaholics. Thank you for sharing my obsession for the last seven years. Long may the Moonlight shine! :groupwave:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight's Seventh Anniversary

Post by francis »

:comfort2: :ghug: Hugs to all Moonlightfriends!!! Vampire solidarity, rah, rah, rah!
:howdy: :donut: :celebrate:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

The love remains the same.

Moonlight lives on as long as we hold it dear in our hearts.
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I have no words, so this is the progression of my feelings since watching this first episode until today

:heart: :giggle: :heart: :heart: :heart: :rose: :heart: :hearts: :heart: :pray: :pray: :banghead: :eek2: :dizzy: :banghead: :Mickangel: :blahblah: :groupwave: :thanks: for keeping this site up!
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: Awww, I know that I was SO lucky this year to visit many scenes used in Moonlight while on a trip to LA. And I love the way this show continues to inspire people, and bring them together. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the Anniversary than to watch No Such Thing As Vampires. And that's what I'm about to do. Begin the magic all over again. :hearts:

Sending love to all my Moonlight family, and fellow Moonlightaholics. Love will always remain the same in this wonderful place. :heart:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I've been struggling these past couple of weeks with how to appropriately acknowledge the 7-year anniversary of MOONLIGHT. As I've thought about the enduring qualities, the almost intangible sparks, that made our little show shine, I’ve kept coming back to the idea that the whole is so much greater than the sum of its parts.

And that’s how I feel about this MOONLIGHT family. We are a diverse group of pretty darn interesting people, but together… together we are a strong, resilient community. We are more vibrant, and more supportive, because of all we shared, and I believe that luminous MOONLIGHT “glow” is going to be with us always. :heart:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I can't say it any better than it's already been said. So happy to still have a Moonlight home after all these years. Still missing the show. Seems like most of the get togethers are on the West Coast but if anyone plans anything on the East Coast, please let us know. And maybe someday soon I might be able to make it to a get together out West.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Those on Facebook with Moonlight links probably already know that a pictures of us sitting outside waiting for the Paley Event (April 2008) to start have been posted. I had never seen the picture before so it was nice to see it today. I realize that since I am on the more quiet side; didn't attend the Moonlightline Convention (daughter was graduating from Law School that weekend) nor did I attend the opening night of the Chicago Gala, that a fair number of people didn't recognize my picture, but it was nice to be able to identify which one I was on the Facebook post. It was a great weekend.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
drbell
Kostan Industries intern

Post by drbell »

Thanks to all of you for the joy this place brings to me everyday... Much Love...anxiously waiting for anything new! :hearts:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

It's hard to believe it was seven years ago. Such a magical little show.
dmcs66
Mortal

Post by dmcs66 »

Happy Anniversary!!!!
Sending my love to all my Moonlight Friends here and on other sites!
The friends I have made because of Moonlight mean so very much to me.

Allegrita, Thank you for making such a wonderful place here.

Here are two image I made using pictures of Iris from my garden that bloomed this summer in honor of the 7th Moonlight Anniversary.
It is so cool that my "reblooming Immortality Iris" is currently blooming, so I had to make a special image using just it. :)

It is so hard to believe that 7 years have gone by. It does not seem possible. Moonlight has been greatly missed!!!
It was so wonderful to see some of you at the Moonlight Gala in 2008!
I cherish those terrific memories.
Here is the link to photobucket slide show with the photos from my camera from that weekend.
http://s391.photobucket.com/user/dmcs66 ... %20Nov%202

Sorry that I am not around much.
My love to all!
Donna
dmcs66
Last edited by dmcs66 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

:hearts: Happy 7th Moonlight Anniversary my Moonlightaholic Friends! :hearts:

I'm so happy there is still a place to come and share our immortal love for a little show that had such a HUGE impact on our lives.
I love reading the stories, playing the games and sharing pictures with like minded fans all over the world.
Not everyone in my life understands how 7 years later I'm still deeply in love with a short one season TV show.
Coming here each day lets me know I'm not alone that this phenomenon known as Moonlight that effected so many of us the same way. :heart:

As long as this site stays open I will keep coming here to bask in the glow of our Moonlight. :hearts: :ghug:
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

kath40 wrote:As long as this site stays open I will keep coming here to bask in the glow of our Moonlight. :hearts: :ghug:
Amen, sister! :highfive:

When I stumbled home from happy hour 7 years ago and turned on the TV, I had no idea it would result in such an obsession. :snicker: Thank you all for contributing to this robust online community. Most of us got pushed around a lot — online, that is — until Phoenix (miss her :bmoon: ), Alle, Lucky, PGal, Lilly (and Red, still miss her too :hankie: ) built our happy little, stable home here at MLA. Thank you, ladies, for sticking it out and taking matters into your own hands when it became necessary. If you hadn't, I'm afraid we'd be even more 'scattered to the wind' than we are.

Many people have come and gone (and come and gone again! :laugh: ) over the years, but the core group here that posts regularly has provided me with hours and hours of entertainment, laughs, tears and support. For that, I send you all BIG :ghug: today!

And it's making me think... maybe a 10-year reunion is in order? :cheering: What could be better than celebrating a decade of Mick - and Moonlight? :happysigh:

ETA: OMGosh - it's just been pointed out to me that I missed someone important above. I thought I had typed her name but that must be the good drugs talking. (I am on pain meds - what can I say - not used to them AT ALL, obviously.) :rolling: So sorry - TOTALLY my bad! :blushing:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill

Return to “Moonlight's Seventh Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2014”