Eight Days Later. Champagne Challenge #174 Rated PG-13

A place for choccyterri's G to PG-13 stories
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Eight Days Later. Champagne Challenge #174 Rated PG-13

Post by choccyterri »

A little eight sentence story to celebrate Moonlightaholics' 8th birthday! Lots of love to all of my Moonlight family, and thank you to lovely Allegrita for making sure I got it right! :heart:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Eight Days Later
Gripping the handrail, she slowly stepped down from the train. The slight wobble of an expensive heel was the only thing betraying her uncertainty. She steadied herself, taking a breath and clenching slim fingers around the ivory handle of her tiny case, before releasing them - she was more than capable of doing this. It was a simple matter to take a taxi to her bank, collect her money from the safety deposit box, and get out of the city before anyone saw her.

Right now, they thought she was dead, but all it would take was to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and they'd catch her scent. That wasn't something that she was about to let happen.

The moment of hesitation behind her, she lifted her head and made her way along the bustling platform, dark eyes filled with a new purpose. She'd bide her time, before making Mick realise what he'd done.

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Eight Days Later. Champagne Challenge #174 Rated PG-13

Post by allegrita »

Terri, this little scene is so vivid. I love the way you've sketched out the scenario so deftly, using so few words! I don't want to influence anybody else's reaction, so I won't say too much, but I really liked your description of the mysterious lady, and the a-ha! moment at the end.

This feels like the beginning of what could be a long story. I'd love to find out what happens to her... :chin:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Terri -- this is perfect! :notworthy: :heart:

Your title caught my attention right away and it had my wheels turning as soon as I started reading. Even though I thought I know who the woman was, her unsteadiness threw me off a bit. Very clever. And also very appropriate considering what transpired 8 days earlier. :yes: Although I hadn't given it much thought before, the time frame is perfect -- as is her determination here.

I wouldn't be opposed to reading more... :whistle:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Excellent! The uncertainty at the beginning threw me off at first, too. Great job! :twothumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

You have me intrigued. More please. :teeth:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: Aww, ladies thank you so much! I feel there may be more. :heart: I'll see what I can do! It's so kind of you to read it. :rose:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Very nice.

Evocative!

Return to “choccyterri's Office”