Masquerade, PG, Champagne Challenge #166

A place for LaughtersMelody's G to PG-13 stories
LaughtersMelody
Freelance freshie

Masquerade, PG, Champagne Challenge #166

Post by LaughtersMelody »

Title: Masquerade
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight, nor am I making any money from this, though I'm certainly having fun playing in this universe. No infringement intended.
Warnings: None, really.
Summary: She'd gone as a vampire. Okay, so maybe it wasn’t the most original, but seriously, it was the easiest costume ever.

A/N: Written for Champagne Challenge #166: Canon Fodder. :blinksmile:

~*~*~*~*~

Masquerade

It was Halloween, her favorite club was offering half-price drinks for anyone dressed in a costume, and Kerri had gone as a vampire.

Okay, so maybe it wasn’t the most original, but seriously, it was the easiest costume ever.

She’d gotten at least a dozen compliments on her fangs and her contacts, and she was totally working the whole Goth look. Besides, it was a perfect excuse to ditch the tan-in-a-can she normally used. (Hey, it was Miami. A beach-body tan was practically required by law, and it wasn’t like she could actually spend every day lounging around on the beach. That much sun exposure? Bad idea.)

Even better, the black dress she’d worn was perfect for clubbing. She could hang out on the dance floor and not look like the guy she’d seen dressed as Gandalf the Gray. (Yeah, she wasn’t getting that image out of her head any time soon. Lord of the Rings was ruined for her forever.)

It was after watching Gandalf's rendition of the Running Man that she’d decided it was time for a drink - or maybe several - and she’d made her way over to the bar.

She sat down and ordered a margarita, letting her gaze wander over the club as she sipped it.

That’s when she saw him.

Blond spiky hair, chiseled jaw, and high cheekbones. He was tall too, and the black t-shirt and jeans he wore hugged his muscles like a second skin. He must have sensed her stare because he met her gaze and an instant later he was weaving his way through the crowd, headed straight for her.

As he got closer, she couldn’t help but grin. If the fangs and pale skin were anything to go by, he was dressed as a vampire.

He stopped at her side, propping one elbow up on the bar and leaning against it. “Hi there.”

She mirrored his pose and smiled. “Hi.”

“What’s your name?”

“Kerri.”

“Nice to mean you, Kerri. I’m Daniel.”

“Nice to meet you too. Would you like a drink?” she offered.

He smiled, briefly flashing his fangs. “Definitely.”

She waved the bar tender over and let Daniel order whatever he wanted. He picked a Bloody Mary, and she couldn’t help but roll her eyes a little at the predictable choice for a vampire. He caught her look and shrugged, raising the glass to her in a self-deprecating toast. She laughed and raised her margarita in answer.

He took a sip of his drink then set it down. “I like your costume.”

“Thanks.”

He leaned in closer, and she swallowed hard at the sudden proximity.

“It’s almost perfect,” he continued, his breath strangely cool against her ear.

She could see her reflection in the mirror behind the bar, and her eyes, red from the colored contacts she’d worn, were wide. She quickly schooled her features into something more attractive than the deer-in-headlights look.

“Almost?” she repeated, trying to keep her voice steady.

“Your eyes are the wrong color.” He smiled again, his own silver-colored eyes glinting in the light from the club. “But, who knows?” he murmured, the fingers of his right hand trailing over her throat, finding her pulse point, “Maybe we can fix that.”

Fin
Last edited by LaughtersMelody on Tue May 12, 2015 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

My Fanfiction Office.

Jesus is Lord.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Masquerade, PG, Champagne Challenge #166

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Ooo... just the right amount of creepy. I like this!!

:thumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooooh... I agree, this is really creepy, in a good way. I love this! You really faked me out. This story makes me very uncomfortable. Eek! :giggle:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Well, wasn't this just a delicious little slice of creepy. :teeth:

Well done, babe...well done! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This was really good. I suspect Kerri has a whole new world coming her way.

Return to “LaughtersMelody's Office”