Courtesan

There Can Only Be One By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
There Can Only Be One
By Ella713
Rated PG

A new story about a war amongst vampires abd Brian is caught in the middle

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Isabelle sat up sharply in bed and looked around. Josef lay sleeping quietly next to her and nothing appeared to be amiss. She lay back down slowly. Rest for Nosferatu was never easy. So in tuned they were to outside forces that they usually and quite unnecessarily were shaken from sleep. She would ask Brian tomorrow. Surely it was nothing.

Isabelle walked into Kostan Industries and knew right away that something was wrong. She hurried to Josef’s office and saw that Brian, Balthazar and Julian were all present.
“What has happened?” she asked walking towards them. Balthazar came up to her.
“Ansgar has been destroyed” He said sadly
“What?!” Isabelle said in shock “How is that possible?”
“We do not know the details as of yet. But Helmut contacted me”

Ansgar was a powerful Ancient. It was he and Bromfield that saw the need for a Counsel to rule. And now he was dead.

Isabelle shook her head slowly hardly believing what she heard. Ansgar was an old vampire, over 1,000 years old destroying him would be no easy task. The only vampire she thought capable was Dragos and he was dead already. So who was responsible?

“What are we to do?” She asked looking over at Josef.
“We will wait until Helmut contacts us with more information.” Josef said.
Brian spoke up.
“Balthazar. I worry that now with the head of Counsel gone anarchy will ensue amongst us. There must be many who would want to replace him”
“Brian’s right” Josef said suddenly. “We could be looking at an all out war”
“Someone must go and keep the peace” Julian said. “Would Helmut oblige?’
Isabelle shook her head.
“No. Helmut is but a messenger to Counsel. Vampires do not fear him” She said.
“Well who is it that they fear most?” Josef asked.
“Dragos” Balthazar said solemly. They all turned to look at Brian.
Brian nodded his head.
“I will go to Vienna then” He said in quiet voice.

“Can I go with you?” Nicole asked when Brian told her the news.
“No. It will be dangerous. I couldn’t risk you being kidnapped or harmed as a form of leverage.” He said looking into her eyes.
“But you can’t go alone!” Nicole pleaded.
“Isabelle will go with me. I promise to call you should anything arise” He said picking up his suitcase.
“Call me even if anything doesn’t arise” Nicole said with tears in her eyes.
“I will. “ Brian said and gave her a long kiss.

Tovar was the head of the Bangdad bloodline. Fire vampires. They were descended from dragons. Tovar looked at his clan. Over 500 strong. All ready to do what they must to ensure that they lead the Counsel.

“My Lord, we are all ready. We await your orders”
“Go Kasa. Go and bring Malkahn and Helmut to me!” He ordered. Tovar watched them all take off with a sneer. Very soon, every vampire in the world would be his to control. And his first order of business, take over the world.

Petrav ran to find Sergei who was the head of the Gargoylias bloodline. They were a fierce and bloodthirsty clan of vampires. Always ready for an altercation and often instigating one. So it was with great glee that Sergei received the news that Tovar was trying to secure rule over Counsel.
“Ha ha! That is the best news I have heard in over a millennium! Those pathetic fire vamps will never rule! Come Petrav! Gather the clan. We will go to Vienna!”

“Oh! My Lord” Devon said in a fearful voice. “I’ve gotten word that the Bangdad and the Gargoylias are on their way to Vienna” He said to Ari. Ari was the head of the very peaceful Monkadian vampires. They were religious and devout in their faith and service to God.
“This was does not concern us” Ari said. “Let the others go to war. We will stay as we have always done. This is the way of God” He said quietly.
“Thanks be to God” Devon replied.

Christov knew that Counsel was in trouble. Soon other vampires would come to stake their claim and they would not be able to stop them. They would have to do something quick or all order amongst them would collapse. Helmut came quickly into chambers.
“Christov, come quick Mikeal and his clan are here to help us!” He said in a hurried voice.
Mikeal was the head of the Nodians. Although not a warrior bloodline, their sheer numbers were impressive. Mikeal walked into chambers looking every bit the Royal which he was.
“Christov, we bring you an army. The Bangdad must not take over Counsel!” He said. “I came as soon as I heard. The Goshonias are the way as well”
Christov nodded. The builders were very loyal to Counsel and very ardent fighters.

Isabelle and Brian arrived in Vienna and were shown right in to Counsel. Helmut came rushing to them.

“Isabelle, Brian! Thank you for coming” He said “I’m afraid things are in peril at the moment. We have gotten word from Mikeal that the Bangdad and the Gargoylias are coming to lay claim to Counsel.”
“What numbers do we have at present?” Isabelle said always thinking like a warrior.
“With the Nodians and The Goshonias we are at over 1,000. But there are other bloodlines who have not made contact.” Helmut explained,
“Who are they?” Brian asked.
“We have not heard from Barmount from the Throsh, but those fops never come for battle. Kali from the Ramos, Viktor from the Galalao, and Von from the Candiats”
“Not one amongst them?” Isabelle said in disgust.
“What of the Monkadians? We might need them here to keep the peace” Brian said.
“Ari says they will not come.” Helmut said sadly.
Brian thought for a moment.
“Then we will have to make do with the numbers we have.” Brian said finally and left the room.

Brian called Nicole to reassure her that everything would be alright but she was worried. And had every right to be. This war amongst vampires could be of epic proportions and many would be destroyed.

Josef was another who had every right to be worried. Although he knew that Isabelle was a vampire of unparalleled strength, he didn’t want anything to happen to her. Josef pulled out his cell phone and called Mick.
He was going to Vienna.

“Josef you can’t go” Mick said trying to reason with him.
“But yet I’m going. You see how silly this conversation has become?” He said with smile.
“I thought you were a lover Josef. Not a fighter” Mick said quoting him.
“Now I have something to fight for Mick.” He said simply turning to leave.
Mick came up from behind him and laid a hand on his shoulder.
“Not without me Josef.” Mick said walking out with him.
jen
Cleaner

Re: There Can Only Be One By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by jen »

Ella

What is it about some people who want to take over the world?????

Do they have any idea what a headache that would be??? Never seems to stop one group or another from trying.

And what is it about guys who think that their very presence, when it isn't necessarily wanted, is going to ensure that things turn out the way they want when, in fact, it may make matters worse?

Oh, well. If they didn't do the things they do, there would be no story. So I'll just say, 'great start and that I'm looking forward to the next chapter!!'

Thank you!

(...and I think I'm rooting for the religious sect :biggrin: )

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

I've been battling an awful case of the flu! But here is another chapter!
:bmoon:

Devon felt guilty. This was a war for every vampire. How cold they sit by and risk the Bangdad ruling Counsel. They had a responsibility to fight. In spite of their service to God. There would be no more service to God if Tovar were allowed to rule. Devon decided he would fight. Ari could sit by if he liked. He picked up the phone and began to make calls. In a matter of hours he was able to convince the remaining bloodlines that this war had to be won.

“Devon” Ari said behind him.
“Yes my Lord” he replied waiting to be banished.
“Come back victorious” Ari said placing a hand on his shoulder.
“I will my Lord” Devon said as he walked out.

Helmut ran through the large rooms. His portly figure moving swiftly.
“It has begun!” He yelled out, hearing his voice echoing throughout the building.
Christov stood in front of his vampires. At his side were the Goshonias,
“It is time my Lord” Isabelle said to Brian
Brian wasn’t quite sure what he would do, but they must not be allowed to enter the Counsel building.
“Look!” Christov yelled out. Walking towards the Counsel building were the remaining bloodlines.
“We are ready to fight” Von said to Christov.
“How many have you brought?” Christov asked.
“We are 400 hundred” Von said.
“Good. Let us prepare”

Brian walked into the room and every vampire stopped to stare at this young vampire who in spite of his age exuded more power than they had ever come across.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Ella

I hope you feel better!

This was a wonderful chapter!

Thank you

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :flowers: :hearts:
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

A word to the wise: Please get a flu shot! :happysigh:

“Oh shit! It’s happening!” Josef said as their car pulled up to Counsel. He raced out of car and towards the building. Mick was close behind him.

Isabelle turned quickly to see Josef and Mick running into Counsel.
“My darling! What are you doing here?” She asked. Josef said nothing. Just looked into her eyes. Isabelle knew at that very moment that Josef loved her. Truly loved her.
“Dad!” Brian called out. “You shouldn’t be here” Brian said.
“This is a war for all vampires” Mick said.
Brian walked in front of the vampires, all were ready to be fight or be destroyed.
“I am Dragos. I am the beginning” Brian said. “Today we must break vampiric law and destroy our own kind. Put aside your doubts, for Tovar has none. He is resolute in what he wants. And he must not be allowed to obtain it” Brian said forcefully. “What say ye all?”
“YES!” They all replied.

Then they all turned and walked out of the building, prepared for battle.

Coming towards Counsel like a large bird of prey were the Bangdad. Razor sharp fangs and nails. Eyes as red as blood. Brian pushed his way through the wall of vampires and stood in front of them all.
The Bangdad rushed forward breathing fire into the air.

Sergei, the leader of the Gargoylias sensed the Dragos male was at Counsel.
“We must retreat!” he told his vampires. “Counsel is in control” he said. His old friend Petrav looked at him.
“My Lord, are you sure?”
“Yes. And we must help” he said knowing that the war of wars was upon them. Although Sergei had seen many wars amongst others for territory, money and other trifles, but this was the war that they all had been dreading and he owed it to Brian to stand with him.

Tovar and his vampires landed in front of the Counsel building.
“I am Tovar of the Bangdad. I have come to claim the Counsel chair!”
Brian looked at the hideous vampire.
“No.” he said simply.
“Then you shall have war” Tovar proclaimed.
“War it is!” Brian yelled and all the vampires behind him rushed ahead to clash with the fire vampires!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Great storyline. What kind of vampire are Josef and Mick, then?
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Mick has some of the bloodline of the Ancients and Josef has the bloodline of the Ramos which are kown for their business accumen and money making abilities. Kind of makes you wonder if Brian had been turned by Josef would his money skills have been amplified! :snicker:
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

All the vampires ran towards the Bagdad, but Tovar and his vamps stood their ground. It had been a long time since Josef had done battle and he found himself reveling in the bloodshed, pushing his way through the vamps leaving many at his feet. Mick at his side tearing apart vampire after vampire in precision and furry. The Gargoylias arrived and shaped into veritable beastlike creatures that jumped into the crowd and started to rip apart the Bangdad like tissue paper.

Tovar saw that he was losing this fight and let out a breath of pure blue flame over the crowd. Many vampires were disintegrated on contact. Brian looked up and focused on the fire and within seconds it was gone. Tovar tried again to release the flames from his mouth but found himself unable to do so. Brian slowly walked over to the vampire. His eyes glowing a bright red, his razor sharp nails visible. He picked Tovar up by his throat. Tovar shook in fear as he saw flames dart out of Brian mouth. The flames devoured Tovar as he turned into a pile of ash.
The vampires stopped fighting and stared. Then they all bowed before him.

Brian Petzer, no longer the shy chubby geek with glasses. But now the most feared vampire since the beginning.
Christov looked up.
“It is true. You are Dragos” he said in surprise.
Brian slowly turned around.
“Rise” he said to the vampires. “There will be no kneeling in front of me”
“But you are Dragos.” Johan proclaimed.
“I’m not that kind of Dragos” Brian said firmly. He looked over and saw his dad and Josef kneeling in front of him.
“Really? You two?” Brian said.

The remaining Bangdad were all destroyed and the committee proclaimed Brian Petzer the head of Counsel.

“Are you sure you won’t take residence in Vienna?” Helmut asked Brian.
“No. My wife is in Los Angeles. My family, my job. My life”

On the plane back to L.A. Josef looked over at Brian.
“Are you sure, you don’t want to stay?” He asked.
“No sir. I couldn’t possibly leave Kostan Industries at the height of the fiscal year!” Brian said sounding like the 14 year old kid Josef had met years ago.

Josef looked over at Isabelle and smiled. He knew that Brian would always see him as the only vampire he had to answer to. And that was fine by Josef Kostan.

The End
Last edited by Ella713 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Great story! :flowers:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Ella

This was wonderful!

What a rich tapestry you have woven for the vampires here! I still am a little worried about Brian being Dragos. Brian is a very positive character and Dragos was a horrible blight on both vampires and humanity. I guess I'm just worried that somewhere deep inside Brian is darkness that he isn't aware of.

Anyway, this story was very enjoyable and vampire society has now recognized him in his new role.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:

Return to “Ella713's Office”