Ambush by Ella713 Rated PG-13 (Mild Language)

A place for Ella713's G to PG-13 stories
Ella713
Courtesan

Ambush by Ella713 Rated PG-13 (Mild Language)

Post by Ella713 »

Josef gets kidnapped by an evil financier and Mick, Brian and Isabelle are hot on his trail!

Moonlight Fanfiction
By Ella713
Ambush
Rated PG-13 (Mild language)

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Isabelle considered her marriage to Josef Kostan to be made of gives and takes. She bore the occasional mishap like any other woman, secure in her knowledge that their marriage was one of deep abiding love and respect. They accepted each other for what they were and never tried to change the other, so when Josef didn’t return as promised she was not worried. Josef Kostan would always be Josef Kostan. And for better or for worse, he was the person she loved.

Brian and Josef had a late meeting with Mr. Lo Pein of Bangkok. After hammering out all the details of their contract they wanted to celebrate with drink. Brian not being the drinking sort begged off so that he could go home to his wife. Mr. Lo Pein and Josef sat across from one another as Lo Pein’s assistant poured them each an equal measure of scotch.
“I have to say Mr. Kostan, I am most pleased with the results of this meeting” Lo Pein said
“Well, here’s to it will becoming a permanent arrangement” Josef said with smile.
“A toast” Lo Pein said “To the brining together of two great financial titans!”
They raised their glasses to each other and Josef took a drink of his scotch.
“That’s a great blend…..” he stared to say, but the drug that it was laced with started to take effect immediately and Josef’s head fell on the table.
“Ho Wan!” he yelled. “Take him away and make sure he is surrounded by silver” he ordered with a malicious smile. Ho Wan had a powerful build that many men feared, but Josef Kostan was no ordinary man and while he would lay his own life on the line for Mr. Lo Pein, he didn’t want to die by the hand of the undead. For that was worse than death itself.
jen
Cleaner

Re: Ambush by Ella713 Rated PG-13 (Mild Language)

Post by jen »

Ella

Great beginning!

Josef has been around the block a time or two or twenty in business deals and I'm surprised that he was taken in so easily.

Mick and Isabel to the rescue!

Almost sounds like Wo Fat comes to Moonlight!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Josef woke up slowly. His head felt very heavy. His chest felt tight as if someone were sitting on top of him. He opened his eyes and felt the sting of something that felt like direct sunlight in his eyes. But when his eyes began to focus he saw that he was in a room that had no windows. Like some sort of jail or dungeon. There were bars. The bars were made of solid silver! That why his eyes had stung when he opened them. It seemed that Mr. Lo Pein knew he was vampire. And he very much wanted him weak. Josef tried to sit up but felt like all of his power and strength had been drained from him. He slowly laid back down.

Mr. Lo Pein knew that vampires existed. He however never dreamed in a million years that he would actually come across one. And certainly not one of Kostan’s stature. With Josef Kostan’s wealth added with his own, China would be a world superpower. He saw himself as a modern day Genghis Khan. No nation on the Earth would dare challenge him.

Isabelle knew immediately when Josef was in trouble, but no matter how hard she tried to get into his thoughts, there was no response which meant that her beloved had been destroyed or staked but either way she had to know the truth.

She walked into Brian’s office.
“Yes Isabelle?” He said turning to face her. Brian at once saw the raw emotion on her face and he knew that it involved Josef.
“What has happened?” he asked anxiously.
“Josef has not returned” she said. While under any other circumstance the sudden disappearance of Josef was not a huge deal. Josef often times got a wild notion and chose to run with the idea never telling anyone of his plans. That was just his way. But something had happened to make Isabelle this worried.
“There has been no word?” Brian asked.
“Nothing. I fear the worst” she said finally and Brian knew that if Isabelle had been unable to contact Josef then something was preventing her from doing so. He walked to his desk phone and called Mick.
“Dad. We need you here at the office now. It’s Josef.” He said into the receiver.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Ella

Wonderful little detail about Isabel not able to make contact with Josef's mind.

It would stand to reason with the heightened senses, that certain paranormal abilities, among them telepathy, would also receive a boost of some sort. Gabe's mental abilities being another example.

Isabel contacts Brian, her family of sorts, who contacts Mick.

Only a matter of time now...

Thank you!

Jenna

Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Isabelle stood quietly in the corner waiting for Mick to show up. Brian knew better than to disturb her. He knew that she was still trying desperately to contact Josef. Mick came charging into the office.
“Okay, what’s wrong with Josef?” he asked in a panicked voice.
“Dad, he has gone missing” Brian said. “The last I saw him was after a meeting we had with Cho Lo Pein from Bangkok. I left because I had to get home and Josef stayed”
“Isabelle…anything?” Mick asked looking at the cleaner.
“Nothing. I can sense that he is still alive” she said with a sigh. Mick thought for a moment. Josef had a lot of enemies vampire and human alike, which meant he had a lot of ground to cover in a very short period of time.
“Brian, I need to you to try and ring this guy from Bangkok and see if he has information on where Josef went. And tell me everything you know about him.” Mick said taking control of the situation.
“Cho Lo Pein is the head of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China. We were signing a joint acquisition contract that would allow us to accumulate a rival conglomerate. We signed the papers, I took them with me to file and Josef stayed behind to have a celebratory drink” Brian explained.
“Where is Lo Pein now?” Mick asked.
“He owns a home in Pacific Palisades. That’s where we met. I’ll get you the address” Brian said quickly. Brian handed him the address.
“Isabelle you need to come with me. Since Josef is your sire, you will sense him quicker than I can” Mick said turning to leave. Isabelle nodded.

Cho Lo Pein spent the better part of the morning making phone calls. Moving Kostan to Bangkok proposed a problem. Unless he was surrounded by silver he would gain his strength back, but too much silver would kill him instantly. And a dead vampire was of no use. Of course drugging him had worked quite well but that only lasted a matter of hours. To get back to Asia he would need to be out for a couple of days. More importantly, the vampire would have to feed soon.

Ho Wan came from a long line of servants to the Lo Pein family. In the Chinese Civil War, a member of the Lo Pein family had placed his life on the line to save Ho Wan’s grandfather. In return his grandfather had placed all males under his bloodline to be of service to Lo Pein. But Ho, never felt like a slave. This was thought of as a position of honor. His grandfather had done an honorable thing. The repayment for saving his life was the life of this descendents. Many of the elders in China were envious of this honor. Ho Wan took his job seriously and whatever Mr. Lo Pein needed or wanted he would obtain for him. Lo Pein wanted the vampire and now he had the creature. Ho Wan was pleased.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Josef is Isabel's sire?

Huh. I guess I had that wrong. I thought it was some scarey, shadowy figure named Davros or somethig like that.

Anyway, Isabel will be a good Josef detector, and fortunately he has not been moved yet. I hope they get there before he is moved.

Thank you!

Jenna

Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Jen its kind of both. Josef turned her when he was being hunted and hadn't fed in a long time, but being Josef he was too selfish to take over the education of Isabelle so he turned her over to Dragos who in turn gave her his blood turning her into a cleaner. But Isabells's loyalty will always be with Josef and also because she loves him (as do we all :friends: )
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Josef finally willed himself to sit up and look at his surroundings. He was in a cell made of pure silver. The simple act of inhaling burned his throat. Since breathing isn’t necessary for vampires, Josef stopped and felt the pain subside. He heard someone approaching.
“Well Mr. Kostan, I see you are awake. And you must be starving” A voice said to him.
“Yes I am as a matter of fact” Josef replied. The young man who spoke was now walking towards the cell with a tall glass of blood.
“Now Mr. Kostan, I’m going to open this door. You really should behave though. You see, if you try to escape, I was ordered to shoot you.” The young man said.
Josef looked at him with wry amusement. “Silver bullets Mr. Kostan” He finished.
He unlocked the cell doors, walled slowly towards Josef, handed him the glass and backed away locking the door behind him.

Josef quickly downed the blood and instantly felt a little better, but still weak he laid back down on the cot.

Isabelle was suddenly alert beside Mick in his car. Mick quickly glanced over at her.
“Isabelle, what’s wrong?” Mick asked
“I think I can communicate with Josef now. Something has changed” she said then closed her eyes tightly and focused on Josef’s mind.

Josef quickly opened his eyes. He heard Isabelle’s voice inside his mind.
“My darling where are you?” her voice asked.
“Lo Pein has me in a cell surrounded by silver. I’m weak. I can barely move” He said in his mind.
“Mick and I are coming darling! Hang on!”

Josef was becoming weaker and could no longer focus. He passed out.

“Mick we must hurry! Josef said that this Lo Pein has him imprisoned and surrounded by silver! We must call my Lord immediately!”
“Brian? Why? What can he do?”
“Mick, Brian is Dragos, silver cannot harm him” Isabelle said and then began to communicate with Brian.. “My Lord is coming” she said finally.

Mick was amazed. He knew that Brian possessed unbelievable powers but being immune to silver was……..too fantastic for him to fathom. Mick sped down the highway thinking about his friendship with Josef. Truth be told, he had hated Josef when they first met. Mick thought he was a pompous immature jackass! But now, many many years later he couldn’t imagine his life without him.

“Don’t worry Isabelle I will get Josef back!” he said
Isabelle sensed the anger in his voice and was surprised. Mick to her had always seemed a very passive vampire, but now she became aware of how fierce this man could be.

Mick parked a mile away from the property. They got out and surveyed the area surrounding the large estate. Brian came up behind them.
“I’ll go” Brian said. “Lo Pein Knows me. You and Isabelle head towards the back of the house” Mick and Isabelle nodded then headed for the back of the property. Brian made his way to the front and rang the doorbell.

A man that he recognized from the meeting last night answered the door.
“May I help you?” he asked.
“Yes, I am Brian Petzer, I met with Mr. Lo Pein last evening, and I wanted to ask him some questions. It seems my boss is missing” Brian replied. The large man nodded and ushered Brian in.
“You can wait here. Mr. Lo Pein will be with you shortly” he said walking out of the room. Brian closed his eyes and let his mind sweep through the large house. He knew that the large man was afraid but of what he wasn’t clear. And he also knew that Josef was in the house. Somewhere below. He communicated this information to Isabelle.
Mr. Lo Pein came in after a short time.
“Mr.Petzer. Back so soon? How can I be of help?” he asked.
“Mr. Lo Pein, Mr. Kostan is missing. He never returned from his meeting with you last night. Do you know anything about his whereabouts?” Brian asked.
“I’m afraid I do not Mr. Petzer. Mr. Kostan and I had one drink and he left shortly afterwards. He did speak of a pressing engagement he had forgotten” The old man lied.
Brian looked at the man for a long moment.
“You know what Mr. Kostan is.” Brian said. Lo Pein’s eyes widened in surprise.
“I have no idea what you are speaking of Mr. Petzer”
“I think you do. You have found out that Mr. Kostan is a vampire.” Brian continued. Lo Pein said nothing but Brian could sense that his helper was coming up behind him. Brian quickly turned and snapped the large man’s neck. Then he turned to face Lo Pein again.
“Surely you didn’t think that Mr. Kostan was the only vampire in Los Angeles?” Brian said with grin.

Isabelle and Mick made their way into the cellar and saw Josef laying on a cot in the middle of a cell. The silver that surrounded him was strong. Isabelle began to cough.
Mick closed his eyes and saw the young man who had unlocked the door and he saw the drawer that he had placed the key in. He ran to the other side of the cellar and retrieved the key from the drawer. Then he sped quickly to the cell and unlocked the door. The silver burning his hands but Mick pushed the pain aside. Nothing mattered at this point but saving his best friend. He flung the door opened and grabbed Josef and slung him over his shoulder and flew up the stairs.

Isabelle saw a garden hose coiled up at the side of the house and turned it on full blast on Mick’s hands. When all the traces of silver had disappeared she looked at Mick with questioning eyes.
“How did you that?” she asked in amazement. Mick looked over at Josef who was laying in the grass unconscious.
“Josef means more to me than anyone would ever know” he said quietly.
“Thank you Mick” Isabelle said with tears in her eyes.

Josef was coming around slowly. He turned his head and focused his eyes on Isabelle.
“What took you so long” he croaked out with a grimace. Isabelle crawled over to him and placed his head in her lap.
“I am sorry my darling. Please forgive me” she said with a watery smile.
Josef looked at Mick.
“H…How did you…..” Josef tried to say. Mick grabbed his hand and held it in his.
“You’re not leaving me. Ever!” Mick said with a single tear in his eye.
Josef smiled up at him.
“Are you crying?” Josef joked “I can’t believe you’re crying”

Brian came out side with Mr. Lo Pein.
“Ok, I can see that you really didn’t need me after all” He said with a smile.
“Thank you my Lord” Isabelle said bowing her head.
“I’m going to take our friend here to La Brea unless you would like the honors sir?’ Brian said looking at Josef.
“Make sure we get something out the son a bitch, then toss him” Josef said.

Brian was confident as he walked into the board of director’s meeting.

“Gentleman, I have some astounding news. It will very soon be announced that Kostan Industries has acquired Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, thus giving us a strong foothold into the Asian markets. I have just finalized the acquisition papers” Brian said.
There were collective gasps all around.
“How did you this?” Richard Goldwater asked in surprise. “This is incredible!”
“I wish I could take credit for this one, but this was Mr. Kostan’s doing” Brian said pointing at Josef. Everyone stood around the large polished table and applauded.

“Alright, alright.” Josef said. “It was nothing really. Lo Pein wanted out of Asia and all I did was make that possible for him.” Josef said with a wide knowing grin.

The End
Last edited by Ella713 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Nicely concluded.

Brian is immune to silver. I must have forgotten that.

Thank you!

Jenna

MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Enjoyed the story, Ella! :thumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Mick was a hero here. He could have gone for the baddie and left Brian to deal with the silver, but he would do anything for his friend. :hearts:

Return to “Ella713's Office”