Ella713
Courtesan

The Confession By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fanfiction
Confessions
By Ella713
Rated PG

Ted Ferguson finds out that vampires exist and everyone becomes concerned.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Gabriel, Mick, Brian and Isabelle met to discuss the idea of telling yet another mortal of their secret.
“I think it is dangerous.” Isabelle said
“Yeah, I agree, but if the mind probes aren’t working then we may have bigger problems to deal with” Mick said.
“I worry that not only will Ted be devastated but he will go back to his destructive ways” Gabriel piped in.
“Ted is unpredictable. Like Brittany Hayes, he has been damaged since he was a child. There is really no telling how he will react” Brian said.
“We must be very careful on how to proceed. I suggest we consult with Balthazar before proceeding” Isabelle said finally.

And it was agreed. If Balthazar approved, then Ted would know their secret. If not……..they would just have to wait and see.

Ted’s life had never been better. He had a great job and had great friends and the woman that he had loved since he was child, was in love with him!
He could remember when he was a kid; he never thought that his life would be anywhere near as perfect as it was now. In all honesty, he thought he would be in prison. And often times he would fantasize about doing things just to end up in prison. But something happened that made him turn things around. And he was grateful every single day. As time went by he felt more and more like the man he was meant to be. A man his dad would be proud of. So here he was driving the woman he loved to meet his parents. He should have been nervous but Ted discovered his confidence level increasing with each passing day. His father had always been an overbearing bully and Ted would cower every time he heard his booming voice. But now when he spoke to his father it was with a new voice. A voice that demanded respect.

They pulled up to the house and knocked on the door. Ted’s mother came to the door wiping her hands on he apron before giving her son a big hug.
“Mom, I’d like you to meet Amy Perkins” he said with a smile.
“Oh Amy, it is a pleasure to meet you!” She said giving the woman a hug.
“Where’s dad?” Ted asked.
“You know your father. He’s in the garage. Still trying to get that heap running” She said rolling her eyes. Ted’s father had purchased a 1964 Mustang in dire need of repairs. Being the man that he was, he insisted on doing all the repairs himself. And not being mechanically inclined his project lay in pieces all over the garage.

“So what did you think?” Ted asked as they were driving back home.
“Ted, I thought they were very nice” Amy said diplomatically.
“Okay. Now tell me what you REALLY think” he said with a smile.
Amy took a deep breath before speaking trying to find the right words.
“I adored your mom. She reminds me a lot of my mom” she said with a smile remembering how his mother kept hopping up to retrieve something and making sure no one wanted anything before sitting down herself.
“And my dad?”
“He seems a little demanding” And Amy left it at that. In all honesty Amy instantly hated the man and she realized where most of Ted’s insecurities came from. The man talked incessantly about himself and his former achievements. And his wife had the look of a battered wife. Amy saw how she kept pulling her sleeves down over what looked to be faded bruises. Amy knew the signs. Her own mother had gone through the same ordeal before gathering enough courage to leave the bastard and start a new life.
Ted glanced quickly over at her.
“Don’t worry, we won’t make it a habit going over there for dinner” Ted said in an understanding voice “But I did want you to meet my mom”
“I really liked her. I like to maybe call her up some afternoon and take her to lunch” Amy said.
“That’s a great idea! My mom would love that!” Ted said with a smile.

Gabriel was sitting in his office staring at the computer but not seeing anything. Balthazar had given the okay for disclosing information to Ted. Now all he needed was a way to do it. It wasn’t like he could just sit Ted down in his office and tell him about vampires. He would have to seclude him somehow. This wasn’t gong to be easy. Ted would feel betrayed. And rightly so. Gabriel was playing God with people’s lives. What gave him the right to undo people’s memories just because it made life uncomfortable for him? Look what happen to Brittany. He couldn’t let that happen to Ted. In a short time Ted had become a true friend. Someone that Gabriel didn’t want to lose. Gabriel finally gave up trying to work, and turned off his computer and headed home. Maybe Zoe who was always so straightforward in her decisions could shed some light.
jen
Cleaner

Re: The Confession By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by jen »

I think this is the best way for them to proceed. I know, it's just my opinion but you summed it up beautifully. Ted has become the person he truly wanted to be. He doesn't find his former life rewarding at all and is happy with the way things are now. I really hope that once he knows about vampires, he will take the news well and accept the gift he has been given.

Not everyone gets a second chance.

Thanks, Ella!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Zoe thought long and hard about Gabriel’s dilemma before she answered.
“Well honey, there’s going to be no easy way to do it, but I think it should be done like an intervention. I mean you, me, Brian, Nicole, your parents. When Ted sees so many people that he likes and respects maybe that will make it all easier on him”
“What about Amy?” Gabriel asked. Amy had known for a while about the existence of vampires.
“I don’t think we should involve her in this. If Ted finds out that she of all people knew and didn’t tell him, that will cause more harm to the situation than him just finding out about us” Zoe explained. It also saved her best friend from the horror of being jilted by the man she loved.
“This is not going to be pretty honey” Gabriel said.
“It never is” she said sadly.

Everyone was contacted and were to meet at Gabriel and Zoe’s house. Ted was in great spirits as he and Amy knocked on the door.
“Hi Ted! Amy! Thanks for coming over. Come in” Zoe said holding the door open for them. Everyone was already seated around the living room with drinks in their hands. Gabriel came down the stairs and stood by the fireplace. He cleared his throat nervously.
“Okay, I invited everyone her so that we could share some very important information.” He said. Ted sat up straight in his chair. “Ted…….I’m a vampire” Gabriel said.
Ted looked around and let out a laugh.
“Okay Gabriel. I’m a vampire too!” He said throwing his head back with laughter.

“Ted. You don’t understand. There was a time not long ago when you suspected me of being a vampire”
Gabriel tried to explain. Ted looked around confused. Was this some sort of elaborate prank? But everyone was looking at him with sadness in their eyes. Including Amy.
“Ok, ha ha. Enough with the jokes guys” Ted said becoming a little frightened.
“It’s not a joke Ted” Gabriel said and barred his fangs. Ted’s eyes grew wide and he jumped out of his chair. He looked around at everyone in the room. Holy shit! They were all vampires. He turned to Amy who still looked like herself.
“Ted” He heard her soft voice say to him, but it was too late. Ted fainted.

“Well that went well” Brian said standing up.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Well, he got it and it was, indeed, a lot to get. Maybe a bit more than he could handle.

This may take a bit more getting used to than I initially thought.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Thanks!

Jenna

Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

When Ted came to he was lying on the sofa. He slowly opened his eyes and saw Amy looking down at him.
“W…what happened?” he asked trying to sit up.
“You fainted. Lie back down. You hit your head.” Amy said to him gently.
Ted slowly lay back down.
“I had the weirdest dream” he started to say.
“Ted, it wasn’t a dream” Amy said. Ted looked at her in surprise.
“That was real?!” He screamed and jumped up “Come on Amy, we have to get out of here!” He said grabbing her hand.
“Ted, Zoe is my friend.” She said.
“She’s a freaking vampire! We have to tell someone!”
“Like who? Who can we tell? Do you think anyone would believe us? Just 15 minutes ago, they were all your friends, and what? Now they’re public enemy # 1?” You were out for a full 15 minutes. Do I look like I was harmed?” Amy pleaded. “Just listen and hear what they have to say”

Ted sat back down and Amy called Gabriel back in.
“How are you feeling Ted?” Gabriel asked.
“My head hurts” Ted replied rubbing the sore spot on the side of his head.
“Ted I know this is a lot to take in but we all wanted to be honest with you.”
“How is this possible?” He asked.
“Vampires have been around since the beginning of time although there aren’t too many that are that old” Zoe said coming from behind Gabriel.
“Zoe, I’ve known you since grade school…..” he started to say.
“Gabriel told me he was a vampire in high school. I became a vampire while I in college”
“You’re telling me that you wanted this?!”
“Yes. More than anything” Zoe said.
“Who turned you into a vampire?” Ted asked looking at Gabriel.
“I was born a vampire”
“Wait a minute! Vampires can’t have children according to legend”
“That’s true, but it happens and it’s very very rare”

Ted looked at Brian. That’s why he had changed so much.
“And what about you?”
“I chose to be turned.” Brian said matter of factly.
“Why would you choose that?”
“Ted, you know what my upbringing was like. You know the way I was treated. Why would my decision be such a shock to you? “
Amy slid her hand into his.
“Ted please try and just see them for the great people they are. The great people they’ve always been.” Amy pleaded.
“And none of you are going to try and change us?” he asked suddenly.
“Ted, vampires don’t run around turning people whenever they feel like it. There’s a protocol that has to be followed. And permission has to asked”
“From who?” Ted asked becoming curious.
“The Ancients”
“Who are they?” Ted asked. Zoe rolled her eyes and laughed.
“Old vampires silly!”
Ted smiled. “Of course” he muttered.
“Ted are you going to be okay with this? I mean this is the biggest secret you will ever have” Gabriel said.

Ted looked at Amy and decided.
“I’ll be okay. Just give me some time to adjust. I may ask a million questions” he said.
“That’s okay. We don’t mind” Gabriel said walking over and shaking his hand.

“Oh! Amy and I are getting married” Ted said with smile.
“Congratulations!!!” Zoe and Nicole squealed, ran over to hug Amy and began to jump up and down.
“Vampires or not girls will be girls” Brian said
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Ted was watching Amy sleep and thinking about what he had learned. A part of him really wanted this to be just a prank, but another part was intrigued. I mean how could he not be? He felt like he was on the verge of remembering something really important, but just when he thought he had a grasp on it, it vanished from his mind. Oh well he thought. It probably wasn’t that important anyway. Amy felt him stir and turned to face him.
“Are you okay?” she asked in a sleep voice.
“Yeah, I’m fine. It’s just a lot of take in” he said
“I know. It’s like a movie or something” she said stifling a yawn
“Exactly! Or a dream, I keep waiting to wake up from”
“Look, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner…” she started to explain.
“Are you kidding me? How would you even begin to explain that to anyone?” he said holding her tighter. “It’s okay Amy. I understand. I wonder what they all can do”
Amy chuckled. “You’d be amazed” Amy said remembering when Zoe first told her and then jumped up in a tree about 25 feet high.
“Did you ever think about…. You know….?” Ted asked.
“No. Not really. I think the whole living forever thing would get kind of old. And anyway, I want to have children and grandchildren. I want to have bbq’s in the backyard and grow gray with you” she said softly.
“You know what? You’re vision of the future sound pretty perfect to me” he said kissing her gently on the lips.

“How do you think Ted will cope with this?” Gabriel asked Zoe as she climbed into bed.
“I think he’ll be fine. Amy is great for him. Just the kind of woman he needed in his life. I think she’ll keep him from getting too stressed out about it all” Zoe explained.
“I hope so because I just don’t feel comfortable with the mind thing anymore. It’s becoming too dangerous.”
Zoe gave him a quick kiss.
“You worry too much” she said with a smile.

Ted began to toss and turn in his sleep. His dreams filled with vampires and Austria and folklore and a professor…and blood. He sat up quickly drenched in sweat, breathing heavily. He looked all around his bedroom. When the night air blowing through the window began to cool him he laid back down. That dream was so real. But he had never been to Austria of all places….or had he? He got out of bed and searched for his passport. He found it in his desk drawer and flipped the pages. He felt his breath catch in his throat as he stared at the stamp. He had gone to Austria and the Czech Republic. Why would he be there? And why couldn’t he remember?
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is great!

For one thing, everything is hitting Ted and once and he needs time to process. These are his friends and coworkers. He is doing what I would guess that lots of folks do in that situation, they revert to all the stuff they learned about vampires from movies, most of which is bunk in this vampire universe.

Once Ted 'gets it' and yes, it is a LOT to get, he will realize how responsible most vampires are with their abilities. Once he gets there and settles down with the information, he should hear about Gabriel's talent for planting a suggestion in a mind to change the direction of a life. He will appreciate it and then I would expect he figures it out on his one and goes to Gabriel for confirmation, which he will give.

But first, Ted will need to do some research (which he is really good at) and discover what he was up to and be confronted with the person that he was. I don't think ultimately he wants to go back there Really hoping, anyway.

Thank you!

Jenna

Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

The following morning Ted tried to reclaim his memories to Europe. He saw the stamps in his passport from a city called Cesk. Ted looked it up on his computer. Cesk was a small city outside of Prague near South Bohemia. Had he really travelled that far? He decided to do some research. He scoured over every web page he could find about Prague and about the city of Cesk. South Bohemia had a familiar ring to it, but he simply couldn’t place it. Then he stumbled upon a university webpage. The University of South Bohemia. Why did that sound so familiar? Dr. Kennard……slowly Ted started to remember study sessions with this Doctor. Ancient studies and folklore were his specialty…vampires! Ted had talked to him about vampires! But that couldn’t be, he just found out about vampires last night.

And like a flash of light everything came flooding back into his head. Gabriel getting his spot on the basketball team. Ted pushing him into traffic.
And finally Gabriel talking to him. Giving him a warning. Those frightening images of Gabriel sucking all the blood from his veins until he had withered up like an old man with sunken cheeks and hollow eyes. Gabriel was the reason he went crazy! What did they do to him? Those blood sucking freaks! They had stolen his memories and he had become friends with those murdering bastards! Ted ran to his mirror and checked his neck for any visible signs that he had been fed on. He saw nothing and blew out a sigh of relief.

Ted called in sick to the office. There was no way he could face Gabriel. He needed time to think.

Amy knew that Ted was uneasy. He tried to play it off this morning but she could sense that things were about to become very problematic for all involved. She called Zoe and asked to meet her for lunch. Maybe together they could think of something that wouldn’t call for the man she loved being harmed in any way.

Amy like most people who knew about the existence of vampires, rarely ate in their presence. She felt that it was insulting to them no matter how much they claimed that it didn’t bother them.

“Zoe. Ted I think is becoming agitated. This morning, I found his passport lying on his desk. I think he remembers travelling to Cesk and pretty soon he will remember what he tried to do” She said.
“Amy, listen. We knew this would be a big risk. Ted will have to come to terms with this in his own way.” Zoe explained.
“But what it he tries to harm one of you, or revert back to being that angry man who blames everyone for what went wrong in his life? I don’t want to see him hurt any more than I want to see any of you hurt!” Amy pleaded.
“Amy, no one is going to hurt Ted. And I’m pretty sure he can’t hurt us”.
“What about Balthazar?” Amy asked with concern.
“Balthazar is very understanding of the situation. He won’t call for Ted’s silence. You don’t have to worry about that. The most he will request is for Gabe to try and plant another suggestion.”
“But you said that Gabriel didn’t want to do that anymore”
“He doesn’t. But if Balthazar requests it, he will have no choice.”

Ted spent all morning trying to place calls to the University of South Bohemia. He finally got through and was told that Dr. Kennard had died last year with complications of a heart attack.

What if they had killed the doctor? What if they silenced him along with all the knowledge he had?
What if they came after him and Amy? Ted had to be prepared. He turned on his computer again and began to research vampire myths and legends.

Amy walked into the apartment and found Ted busy at work on the computer. She stole up behind him and gave him a light kiss on the cheek.
“What are you working on baby?” she asked.
“Vampires” Ted said in a steely voice.
“Ted…” she said shaking her head.
“Ted nothing!” he screamed. “Amy they are killers! That what they do! That’s the only thing they do! I can’t believe that you’re protecting them. They erased my memory Amy! They stole me life!” he yelled. Amy stood and just looked at him. Then she slowly walked into the bedroom and began to pack an overnight bag. Ted came running into the room.
“Amy! What? You’re just going to leave me? Just like that?” he asked in surprise grabbing her arm. Amy shook free.
“What are you going to do Ted? Kill our friends? Kill Gabriel, then man who hired you. The man responsible for you turning your life around? Because I know you don’t remember what you were like, but there’s nothing wrong with my memory and I remember exactly what you used to be like!” she yelled throwing clothes into her bag.
“Yeah! And what exactly was I like?’ Ted challenged.
“Ted, you were an ass! That’s what you were! Whenever you didn’t get your way you lashed out at others around you. You dumped glue on Mike Murphy’s head! You remember that? Just because he wouldn’t give you pair a scissors you wanted! And how about the time in 6th grade when you knocked Cecilia Marin over because she got you out during dodge ball. And let’s not forget your little stab at attempted murder! What if Gabriel hadn’t been a vampire but was just a little boy who was better at basketball than you. You would have killed him! You would be in prison right now! Look, I get it. Your dad pushed you and your brother. And for some reason you want to please him. But he's an ass who beats his wife and don’t tell me you don’t know about that!” Amy said in frustration.
“Shut up Amy! You don’t know what you’re talking about!” Ted said
“So yeah Ted let’s talk about the person you used be. Then think about the person you are now. You have a great job with one of the most prestigious law firms in Los Angeles, you hold a position that people respect and admire. Do you think you would have had any of that without Gabriel? The evil murderous vampire who should be dead!!” she said as she zipped up her bag grabbed her keys and walked out the door.

Ted watched her walk out of the apartment. He was so angry he punched the wall in frustration. He then stood back and looked at the dent in the wall for a long time. What if that was Amy? Oh God! He thought. Amy was right.
Ted laid on the sofa and cried all night.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Ella

I know this is going to sound wierd, but here goes...

This needed to happen. Ted's overreaction and Amy's dose of tough love were necessary before Ted can look at this clearly and logically.

I think he is going to be okay now. Well, I hope he is going to be okay now. I want to she him talk to Gabriel and Zoe.

Looking forward to more.

Thank you!

Jenna

Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Zoe hugged Amy tightly as she tearfully told her what happened.
“Oh Amy! I am sorry” Zoe said in between sobs of her own. “Look at all the trouble we’ve caused you”
“It’s not your fault Zoe. It’s my fault! What was I thinking getting involved with Ted Ferguson? He was always a hateful child and now he’s a hateful adult!”
“Amy, that’s not true. He’s just confused. Ted became a very loving and considerate man. That’s who you fell in love with. And I believe that man is still there. You just have to give him time to adjust. Let him find his own way. You can stay with us for as long as you need to” Zoe told her.
“Thanks Zoe. You’re the best” Amy said.

Ted woke up and saw that he was still lying on the sofa and that Amy was still gone. He got up and called in sick for yet another day. He was lost. Hopelessly lost and he didn’t know what to do about it. He sat there for hours in a daze then he heard a knock at the door. He ran to it hoping it was Amy. He wanted to apologize. He wanted to hold her in his arms and tell her he loved her. He through open the door to find Gabriel standing patiently in front of him.
“Gabriel I can’t talk right now” He stammered out.

“That’s perfectly fine Ted” Gabriel said thrusting a hot cup of coffee in his hands and walking in. Ted took a sip of the beverage and felt a little better.
“Thanks Gabe” he said quietly. Gabriel nodded his head and sat down.
“I wanted to let you know that Amy is staying with us. So don’t worry. She’s fine.” Gabriel said. “Listen Ted, I’m sure you remember what I did to you and I am so truly sorry. I was angry. I was a child. I didn’t know about the responsibility that comes with being what I am. I was careless and it was you that paid the price.”
Ted shook his head.
“No Gabriel. I was already on a dangerous slope. You saved me. Who knows what I would have done. Amy was right. I would have ended up in prison or worse. You gave me a chance. And I’m sorry for trying to kill you. Twice.” he said with a smile. Gabriel smiled and placed his hand on his shoulder.
“Can we go back to being good friends?”
“Yes Gabriel. I’d like nothing more, but I was wondering if you could help me with one little thing?” Ted asked.
“Sure. Name it” Gabriel replied.

Gabriel and Ted pulled up in front of his parent’s house. Gabriel lightly touched his arm before he got out of the car.
“Ted, are you sure you want to do this?” Gabriel asked.
“Yeah, it needs to be done” Ted said climbing out of the car and heading for the front door. Ted’s mother answered the door.
“Ted! What are you doing here?” she said in surprise.
“I’ve come to get you. You're going to your sister’s house in Ft. Lauderdale” He said taking her hand and leading her upstairs.
“Ted, what are you talking about? I can’t leave for Florida!” she protested.
“Mom, you’re leaving and that’s final! I’m not going to let that bastard beat you anymore! Now go upstairs and pack your things!” Ted said sharply.
Ted’s mother looked downstairs fearing that her husband would walk in at any moment. “Mom! Go now!” Ted repeated. They heard the back door open and slam shut and knew that he was coming. Mr. Ferguson came face to face with Gabriel.
“Who the hell are you?” Mr. Ferguson yelled.
“I’m Gabriel St John sir. I’m a friend of Ted’s.” Gabriel said coolly
“Well Ted doesn’t live here, so why are you here?” He demanded.
“Ted and I have come to take his mother away”
“You what!”
“We have come to take your wife someplace where she won’t be hit on a daily basis” Gabriel said. Mr. Ferguson looked at the young man standing in front of him, confident and smug in his Brooks Brother’s suit.
“You little…..” he began to yell and swung his fist out to punch Gabriel in the face. Gabriel calmly grabbed his fist in his hand and stopped him.
“I’m sorry Mr. Ferguson. But your wife is divorcing you. You will pay her whatever alimony she asks for and you will never bother her again. Do you understand?” Gabriel said in stern voice looking the man directly in the eye.
Mr. Ferguson nodded his head. “You are going to seek help for your anger problems and you will never raise your hand to another woman ever in your life. Do I make myself clear? Now go have a seat.” Gabriel said. Mr. Ferguson quietly walked over to the sofa and sat down. Ted came down the stairs with his mother; her luggage in hand. She fearfully walked down the stairs.
“Come on mom. It’s okay” Ted said soothingly feeling in charge of things for the first time in his life. He had saved his mother and more importanly, he had saved himself.

Ted stood in front of Amy looking quite handsome in his tuxedo. Gabriel was at his side as his best man. He slid the ring onto her finger and when he heard the minister say the words “You may now kiss the bride” he looked into Amy’s eyes and said
“I love you” then kissed her deeply. Everyone stood up and cheered. He turned around to face everyone. He saw Gabriel's parents, Gabe and Zoe, Brian and Nicole, Josef and Isabelle.

He had just married the woman of his dreams and his best friends were all vampires. And he was perfectly fine with that.

The End
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This was a great story. Powers are there, you can use them for good or not, it's a decision.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Francis is absolutely correct.

This was traumatic for Ted, but the choice is now truly his.

I hope his parents reconcile one day, once his dad gets help for his anger problems and learns another way. He may be as trapped by bad behavior as Ted once was. Time will tell.

At this point, his mother is just riding the tide of events. She has nothing to say about her life. That needs to change. Hopefully, it will.

Great story, Ella!

Thank you!

Jenna

Return to “Ella713's Office”