Crime Fighters By Ella713 Rated PG (Mild Language)

A place for Ella713's G to PG-13 stories
Ella713
Courtesan

Crime Fighters By Ella713 Rated PG (Mild Language)

Post by Ella713 »

First story on Carl and Mick working together. And the past comes back to haunt Beth :2eyes:

Moonlight Fanfiction
Crime Fighters
By Ella713
Rated PG (mild language)

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

It had been a little over a month since Carl had found out about the existence of vampires. Although it was still hard to believe, it really wasn’t the oddest thing he had seen living in Los Angeles. So that was a testament to the times when an honest to goodness vampire could stand in front of you and it didn’t seem all that strange.

But he had to admit, that having Mick around definitely made things easier.
They busted up a crystal meth lab in East L.A. without a single casualty and a white supremacy ring that was taking sniper shots in black neighborhoods. People were beginning to actually trust the LAPD again after a string of bad press regarding police brutality. Carl felt good about his city for the first time in a very long time.

Chemma Tejada was an El Salvadorian drug lord who had died years ago in what would be called “Noche del Diablo” Night of the Devil. 10 of Tejada’s drug cronies swore they saw the devil himself come into the Hollenbeck Bar and kill everyone including Tejada. Carl now knew it was Mick.

So when he was handed a report that told of suspicious drug activity by some Salvadorian natives, Carl knew that it was some of Tejada’s friends trying to take over his drug cartel. He had to tell Mick since he was in fact “Diablo”. But this would be hard for Beth. He knew that Beth was happy and in love with Mick, but she loved Josh too. And his murder hurt her deeply.
jen
Cleaner

Re: Crime Fighters By Ella713 Rated PG (Mild Language)

Post by jen »

Ella

This is wonderful!

Carl is a good cop, and a good guy. I have had this picture in my mind of Ben Talbot and Carl Davis, hanging out with Mick knocking back beers that Mick stocked in the fridge for them and talking shop. These three could so easily be allies.

I hope things work out well for them. This will be very painful for Beth.

Looking forward to more!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

“Hey Mick its Carl. Do you have a few minutes today to stop by and see me?” he asked
“Sure Carl. I’ll be there at 3:00 okay?”

“Good. I’ll see you then” Carl said and hung up. He really wished that he was wrong and these were not Tejada’s men. For Mick’s sake and for Beth’s.

Beth was just finishing up at work when Gary her station manager came running up to her.
“You’re not leaving are you?” He said out of breath.
“I was, but what’s going on?” Beth said cautiously. She really didn’t want to work all night.
“There’s been a hit in east L.A. A real nasty one from what I was told.”
“Drug related?”
“Yeah. Someone went out of their way to send a very clear message. Juan Cortez was executed along with his family, early this morning.” Gary explained.
“Juan Cortez?” Beth asked with wide eyes.
“Look Beth, it involves the men who killed Josh”
Beth was silent. She hadn’t thought of Josh for a long time although she did put fresh flowers on his grave every year. She was so wrapped up in work, the kids and vampire issues that the man she had once loved was simply placed on a shelf in the very back of her mind.
“Beth are you okay?” she heard Gary say to her.
“Yes, Gary. I’m fine.” She said quietly.
“I just wanted to let you know personally. I’m sending Garrett to cover this. Ok?”
“Thank you for letting me know Gary. …..I have to go now.” She said turning on her heel and quickly walking out of the station.
“Damn!” Gary muttered to himself.

“Is everything taken care of?” A very well dressed man asked.
“Yes Mr. del Gatos. What else do you need from me?” was the reply.
“Nothing yet. He will come to us. That’s all for now” he said with a wave of his hand. He had waited 6 long years for this. Chemma Tejada was like a father to him and little brothers in El Salvador. When he went to visit Bustos in prison, he told him of the creature who came to question him. El Diablo Bustos claimed. No one believed him, but Miguel del Gatos did. He knew that creatures like that existed. And this one had killed his father. And he would pay. His family would pay. His friends would pay.

Mick walked into the police station and found Carl going over some crime scene photos.
“Hey Carl, what’s up?”
“Mick……I think that someone from Chemma Tejada network is trying to take over his cartel. We found Juan Cortez and his family assassinated in east L.A. No witnesses. As in no one is going to give information” Carl said.
Mick thought about Beth. He had almost lost her over his decision not to turn Josh when he was dying. He wasn’t going to put her through that again.
“Do you have any leads at all?” Mick asked finally.
“Only one.” Carl said picking up the mug shot photo book. “This is Miguel del Gatos. He visited Bustos numerous times in the joint”
“Why him?” Mick asked
“Well Tejada took care of him and his brothers in El Salvador when their parent died. Practically raised them. It might be revenge. He went after Juan because he ran away from the Hollenback bar the night you came for Tejada.” Carl said.
Mick said nothing. All of his thoughts were on Beth and how she would handle this.
“Mick I know you’re worried about Beth, and I am too. So I’m going to try and keep a lid on this as long as I can.”
“Thanks Carl. What does Talbot have to say about this?” Mick asked hoping that he wouldn’t go after these men like Josh did.
“I haven’t heard from him yet.” Carl said suddenly wondering why he hadn’t
“Carl, see if you can try and keep Talbot away from this. We’ve already seen first hand what they do to district attorneys” Mick said. “I’m going to check out a few things. I’ll call you later” Mick said.
“Watch your back!” Carl said.

The first thing Mick would do was pay a visit to his old friend Bustos. Somehow he didn’t think he would be too happy to see him.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Ella

In a terrible way, this was to be expected. There were bound to be people who were close to Tejada who would be eager for revenge for his death, and also eager to profit from it. Mick can defend himself, yet we saw from Lee Jay Spaulding how a human with the knowledge of where the vulnerabilities lie in a vampire can be quite deadly.

Love that Mick is worried about Beth, but he is also protecting Carl and Ben where he can.

Thank you!

Jenna
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Bustos was never the same after the devil came to him at the police station. Since being incarcerated he had devoted himself to redemption and to Christ. He studied the bible for several hours a day and prayed with the prison chaplain each morning. No one ever messed with him. Although he was surrounded by criminals, they all took worship of the Lord quite seriously. Especially his Latino cell mates.

When he heard his name called he figured it would be his sister who was the only member of his family who was willing to visit him. He crossed himself and stood up to follow the guard to the visiting room.
He walked to his assigned spot but he saw no one. He was about to turn and leave when he saw someone approaching. It was dark on the other side and he couldn’t make out the face. Then he felt a chill come over him and heard a voice inside his head.
“Sit still and listen” the menacing voice said to him. Bustos began to shake in his chair.
“Hello Bustos” El Diablo said to him. Mick could see the tear building up in the man’s eyes. The voice inside his head demanded that he speak to the devil.
“Tell me what Miguel del Gatos wanted” Mick asked.
“H……he wanted to know about you” he said in a shaky voice.
“What else?”
“I… told him that the police lieutenant let you in to talk to me”
Damn! Thought Mick. Now I have to worry about Carl as well! Mick hung up the receiver.
“Don’t kill me? I changed…I have” Bustos pleaded.
“Good” Mick said and he flew from sight. “Thanks son” he said to Gabriel who smiled as they headed for their cars.
For the second time in his life, Bustos fainted.

Carl was just walking out of the station when he heard a car peel out in a hurry. He was on alert. He backed behind a column and waited. He saw the car drive in front of the station. He noticed two men in front probably in their 20’s. One had a very distinctive tattoo on his face that Carl had seen before. These were Tejada’s men. He stayed hidden. One of the men started to get out of the car to look around. He put the gun in his waistband behind his back. Carl took a deep breath and waited. He then heard a scuffle and heard the car take off at high speed. He peeked around the column and saw that Mick had the young man in chokehold.
“How did you know?” Carl asked.
“Let’s just say I had a feeling” He said. “Let’s get this guy inside”
Carl nodded his head. He knew that it was interrogation time. And that was something that Mick was fantastic at!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I thought Carl knew about vampires from the story The Big Scoop. Or is this playing before that?
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

So Bustos has taken the opportunity to seek redemption.. Good. I don't think Mick will harm him. At least I hope not. Perhaps now he can do some good in the world. He has done enough harm to others.

Carl seems to have acquired a guardian angel with fangs, too. Good.

Thank you!

Jenna

Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Carlos Mendez sat across from Mick and Carl in the police station.
“You’re going away for long time!” Carl said. “Attempted murder of a police officer is serious business! You’re not in El Salvador anymore!”
Carlos said nothing looking at the both of them with an arrogant expression.
“Who do you work for?” Mick asked quietly. Still Carlos said nothing.
Carl stood next to Carlos and whispered in his ear.
“I would answer the man’s question if I were you” Carl said.
Carlos turned to glare at Mick.
“Screw you! I don’t have to tell you nothing!” he spat out.
“You shouldn’t have said that” Carl said shaking his head. Mick barred his fangs at Carlos.
“WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?” Mick said in a threatening voice. Carlos sat in shock at what he saw in front of him. This couldn’t be. He felt an icy chill sweep into the room and he knew that he was seconds from death.
“Del Gatos! Del Gatos!” He screamed.
“And where is Del Gatos?” Mick asked, his eyes bright red.
“Brentwood! His house in Brentwood!” Carlos said shaking in fear.
“Good boy” Carl said patting Carlo’s shoulder.

Beth had driven around for hours trying to digest what Gary had told her earlier.
“Josh” she said quietly closing her eyes. Suddenly she was aware that someone was following her. She drove carefully keeping her eye on the black sedan that was on her tail. Why was it always a black sedan? She thought to herself. The car sped up behind her and she knew that they were going to try and run her off the road. She pulled over and came to a complete stop. She saw two men slowly get out of the black car behind her.
Beth quickly got out of the car. The two men walked up to her car window and looked up in surprise.
“Where she go?” one of the men asked looking all around.
“You go over there, and I’ll head to the woods” the other man ordered.
Beth smiled. It would be much easier to dispose of them now that they had separated she thought. And very quietly and efficiently she took care of them both. She pulled out her cell phone and called Mick.

“Carl that was Beth. She said that two of Tejada’s men followed her”
“Is she alright?” Carl asked anxiously
“Carl, Beth can take care of herself” Mick said with a smile.
“Right, I keep forgetting” Carl said laughing. “Come on let’s get Del Gatos”
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Yes, Beth is no longer the helpless little ingenue that she appears. Hope those two are still alive to answer questions.

Carl is making full use of Mick's er, persuasive abilities in interrogating suspects. They may come in handy again soon.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

ADA Benjamin Talbot had gotten word about the execution of Juan Cortez. The Attorney General had requested around the clock protection for him, but Talbot failed to see why Tejada’s men would be after him. He wasn’t involved until after the fact, but he didn’t want to take any chances. Things were getting crazy around him. He felt like he no longer had a grip on what was really going on.

Miguel paced around his office. Carlos had been arrested and he would not be able to bail him out. An attempt on a police officer’s life was serious and there wasn’t a judge in the state of California that would issue a bail amount.
Oh well, he thought. Carlos was a good man, but sacrifices had to be made sometimes.
He switched on the news and couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw Beth St. John on the air. Those idiots! They had failed to kill the St. John woman!
He picked up his mobile phone and tried to call his men, not knowing that they were dead.

Mick and Carl walked quietly around Miguel’s house. There were armed men walking back and forth in front of the property.
“They probably have men in back as well” Carl whispered to Mick.
“We’re going to have to take out those two first. Stay close, but stay behind me” Mick said. Carl nodded and wished he had of grabbed a vest before they left. They moved slowly and quietly onto the property staying as low as they could.
“Okay, I’m going to take care of those two” Mick said. In a flash he was gone and then Carl heard the muffled screams. He stood up and saw that Mick had disposed of the two guards.
“All clear Carl” Mick whispered.
“We can’t just go through the front door” Carl said looking around. There appeared to be no windows on the ground level. Carl looked up and saw the balcony above, maybe 25-30ft. above them. “Think you can make it up there?” Carl asked.
Mick gave him a sly grin and grabbed his arm. They landed on the balcony softly. Carl turned and glared at Mick.
“The next time you do something like that, let me know beforehand!” he hissed trying to get his barrings. Mick smiled at his friend. They made their way into the house.
Last edited by Ella713 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

And the plot thickens!

It is nice to see Carl and Mick working together this way. He has truly accepted vampires, as I always felt he would. He was always practical and well grounded. Carl would handle it well. Am a bit afraid from the line about Carl wishes he had picked up a vest. That sounds like a bit of foreshadowing of bad things to come. Hope I'm wrong.

Thank you!
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

“I want to know where my men are!” Miguel screamed out. “I want to know why the St. John woman is still alive!”
“Boss, we found Hector and Manuel……they are dead. They’re bodies were found on the side of the road near Hollywood”
“How were they killed?” he asked
“Hector’s body was crushed like he was in some kind of vice. And Manuel’s neck was broken. The doctor’s think they were hit by a car”

Miguel walked around his living room massaging his temples with his fingers.
“Unbelievable! I see that I will have to take care of this myself! Tejada was a fool! He let other men do work he should have done and that is why he is dead. I will not make the same mistake! Lt. Carl Davis is dead! The St. John woman is dead! And the night creature is dead!” He screamed opening up a case filled with automatic weapons. “Paco, you will come with me. The rest of you stay here and guard my house!”

“Mick we have to stop them now” Carl said peering around the corner.
“Ok, but I’m going to go first” Mick said.

“Hey! Did you hear that?” Paco asked turning his head towards the stair case.
“What?” Miguel replied. Paco pulled out his gun and turned towards the stairs.
“I think someone is upstairs” he said running up the steps.
Miguel called the other men who ran up stairs behind Paco.

Paco stood on the second floor landing and began to open all the doors slowly peek inside. He reached the last door and felt someone grab him. Mick twisted his neck swiftly and laid his body gently on the ground.

Mick heard the footsteps of the other men and he signaled to Carl to get ready.

“Paco!” Miguel called out. There was no answer. Miguel felt a cold chill in the air and he knew the night creature was in his home. His hands grasped the holy water tightly. Then he felt for the silver cross around his neck.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Yeah, take care of it yourself. With holy water and a silver cross. I guess the cross could do a little damage but other than that, they will be just fine.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

All four men stood on the landing at the top of the stairs looking around. Mick came from one direction and Carl came from the other. Carl fired three shots in rapid succession taking the men down. Mick came face to face with Miguel. He felt the water splash in his face. Mick stared at the man with his eyes burning red and unmistakably frightening. Miguel put his hands around the silver cross and tore it from his neck. He ran at Mick at full speed. The silver from the necklace landed on the Mick’s cheek. He screamed in pain and stumbled back.
“I got you now devil!” Miguel screamed walking towards Mick. Carl fired one single shot into Miguel’s leg and watched him fall to the ground. Carl walked over to him and snatched the silver cross out of his hands and placed it in his pocket.
“Are you okay Mick?” he asked walking over to him.
“Th…the silver….” Mick stammered. Carl ran downstairs into the kitchen and found a dishcloth and ran some cold water over it. He rushed back upstairs and handed the cloth to Mick who began to rub the silver remains off his face.
“You saved me Carl” Mick said.
“You would have done the same for me. Hell, you have done the same for me” He said
“Thank you” Mick said
“That’s what friends do” He said helping Mick up. “I’m calling Talbot. We’re going to put an end to this cartel for good!”

Over the next three weeks Carl had managed to arrest the rest of Miguel’s men and Talbot brought indictments against them. For now, the Salvadorian cartel was at a standstill But Carl knew that it was only a matter of time before they had to deal with another drug crew. But for now, thing were okay. He pulled up to Josef’s building and took the elevator to the penthouse floor.
“Carl you made it!” Mick called out.
“Come on Mick, you think I’d miss the first game of the playoffs!” Carl said to him.
Josef came out of his office.
“Carl, welcome! Glad you could make it!” Josef said with a smile.

They sat around Josef’s big screen television watching the basketball game very much like any other group of guys would do. What any other group of friends would do.

“You know Carl, my tailor works miracles. You don’t have to dress that way” Josef said still displeased with Carl’s wardrobe.
“You know Josef, you can be a real dick sometimes” Carl said.
“I’m just saying” Josef said with a smile.

The End
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

It really helps to have a human along when there is silver present.

And Josef can be a bit of a snob when others don't measure up to his wardrobe standards. Bet he nagged Mick into being as fashion conscious as he is.

Very nice! Thank you!

Jenna

Return to “Ella713's Office”