Josef's House of Style By Ella713 Rated PG

A place for Ella713's G to PG-13 stories
Ella713
Courtesan

Josef's House of Style By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

New story about Josef's forray into the fashion industry only to meet a rival designer who happens to also be a vampire!

Moonlight Fanfiction
Josef’s House of Style
By Ella713
Rated PG

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Jinks Monroe was named the hottest young designer of the year. Her designs were selling out in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago. And now with the help of her new benefactor, Josef Kostan, she was ready to take on Europe.

She sat on the Kostan Industries private jet feeling a little nervous about her upcoming show in London. So many famous people would be there. Sting and his wife Trudie Styler, Kate Middleton and her sister Pippa. Just the thought of it all made her head spin!
“Are you nervous? You shouldn’t be. You’ll have London eating out of your hand.” Josef said to her.
“If you say so Mr. Kostan. But this is a real high class crowd. Royalty even. Just because I sold out New York, doesn’t mean I’ll sell out in London. It’s a totally different vibe.”
“Don’t think of it that way. Trust me; people with money are the same all over. Whether the money’s old or new. It’s still money” Josef said with laugh thinking just how old his own money truly was.
Jinks nodded her head and leaned her head back and tried not to think of it. But she hoped Josef Kostan was right! She didn’t want to disappoint him. He had put a lot of money into her clothing line.

She thought about growing up in Queens New York. He mother working three jobs just to make ends meet for her and brother. Sometimes she and Oscar wouldn’t see their mother for days since she went from one job to the next and by the time she got home they were already in bed. She swore to herself that she would study hard and get her mom out of the ghettos of New York City. And Josef Kostan had given her that chance. Now her mom lived in a cute little house on Staten Island where she tended her vegetable garden and knit blankets for her friends back in Queens.
And as she swore to herself when she was child, she would swear again. I will not let Josef Kostan down, she said quietly in her mind.
“Don’t worry. Josef knows you won’t let him down” Isabelle Kostan said to her as if she had read her mind.
Last edited by Ella713 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Josef's House of Style By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

They arrived in London the next morning and Jinks started to prepare for her first show in Europe. The show itself was a joint show with four other designers from all over the world. Each trying to show why they would be the next big name. While the other designers all worked together in the same location, Josef paid extra for a separate space that jinks could have all to herself. She didn’t need any distractions from the competition. Josef was determined to make this young woman a household name!

At Jink’s insistence she chose Isabelle to be her lead model and muse. At 5’10” tall with lean willowy physique it was not impossible to see why she chose her. Not to mention that Isabelle was a designer’s dream. She could stand still for hours without fidgeting, her posture was always erect and her demeanour was always demure. A class act like the models of the 1950’s. Like the beautiful and ethereal Suzy Parker.

The other designers, a 27 year old from Hawaii named Kolo, from Japan a 22 year old named John Yasutaki, Nolan Bedford age 25 from Manchester England, and Gates McAllister from Boston. They made up the four who were included in the competition. The warehouse was hot and the tension was running high.
“Where's the other designer?” Nolan asked to no one in particular. John looked up at his question.
“I heard she had a separate studio” he said with a smirk.
“Great just what we need! Another rich kid wanker using her trust fund money to win a competition!” Nolan said rolling his eyes.
“I hear she has a benefactor” Kolo piped in. “Someone named Kostan”
“Josef Kostan!?” Nolan asked in surprise.
“I think that was his name” Kolo said trying to pin and hem in place.
“Good Lord! That man is billionaire a thousand times over! We might as well pack up leave now” he said in defeat. The warehouse was filled with conversation and mixed emotions at someone with Josef Kostan as a connection.

Josef knocked on Jink’s hotel room door.
“Oh, hello Mr. Kostan” she said nervously.
“Hello. Are you settling alright? Is your suite okay?” He asked.
“Are you kidding Mr. Kostan? I’ve never stayed in a place a cool as this ever in my life!” she said with smile.
“How are you feeling about the competition? Do you need some more assistants?”
“No Mr. Kostan, you’ve been more than generous. I’m going to finish up on some last minute designs and turn in early. I want to be well rested for the first part of the show”
“Okay. Just knock if you need anything. Here’s my cell number. Isabelle and I are going to go out and get a bite to eat. Why don’t you order yourself something from room service. Don’t worry about the cost. Okay?”
“Thank you Mr. Kostan” she said shutting the door.

She sat on the large bed looking at the unfinished sketch lying in front of her. Something was missing. Something that would make it really stand out. She thought about Isabelle and her personality. Although Jinks knew Isabelle worked for Mr. Kostan’s Finance firm, somehow she just couldn’t see her as a buttoned up CEO. Jinks saw her more as a……….seductress/spy from an old black white film. Then all of a sudden it hit her! She picked up her pencil and re designed her entire line!

Nolan and John went out for beers.
“So what do you think of Kolo?” Nolan asked him
“As a designer or as a woman?” John asked with a smile.
“Either?”
“As a designer…..she really doesn’t have any originality in her work. She sticks to classics. As a woman, she’s okay looking” he said with shrug.
“I agree with you on her designs, but okay looking? Did you see that body?”
“Yes. A little too Marilyn Monroe for my taste. I’m more of an Audrey Hepburn fan”
“I feel sorry for you” Nolan laughed. “What’s up with the yank? He hasn’t said a word to anyone”
“Maybe it is a mind game to try and intimidate. Those things happen”
“Well he can piss off!”
“Hear, hear!” John said as they clinked mugs.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Jinks woke up before 5am and had already been at work for 4 hours when Josef came to the studio.
“Wow” he said looking around. “How long have you been here?”
“Early. Last night I got a great idea for an entirely different line.” She said jumping up from where she was squatted on the floor. “Look at these drawings. The setting is Germany 1930’s. The clothing line itself tells the story of a woman’s life as a German spy” she said turning each page.
Josef looked at the drawings and they were good. Not even good. They were spectacular. In every sketch you could see the goodness of the woman and the evilness as well. The lines were masculine in nature but the feminine detailing gave it an astute sexiness. But the main point of the collection was the evening gown. A delicate pale sea foam green. The halter neck tied at the neck revealing a drop back that rested at the top of the buttocks. Josef could imagine Isabelle in this then it dawned on him. This was Isabelle. Jinks knew that he saw his wife in the drawings.
“Uh I hope you don’t mind Mr. Kostan. I mean if you do we can go back to the original designs” she said nervously.
“Are you kidding? Jinks this is your best work. Hell this is fashion’s best work!”
“Thank you!” she said and ran back to finish working on the dress.

Gates McAllister had always loved women’s clothing. He remembered watching his mother getting ready for a dinner party and the meticulous habits she had for looking her best. He would sit on her bed while she pulled out dresses contemplating the merits of each never knowing that her son was soaking up all of that information. She would hold a dress up and explain to him in detail who the designer was and how the dress made her look.
“I think I’ll wear the Dior tonight Gates. What do you think?” she asked in her melodic voice. Gate would bob his head up and down excitedly.

When he grew up and told his mother that he had been accepted into New York’s Prestigious Parsons School of Design she was so happy for him. His father on the other hand was not. He called him a sissy and said it was his mother’s poor stock that allowed him to grow up a pansy. He walked through the streets of Beacon Hill with the acceptance letter in his hand. He saw her sitting alone in the park on the swing set. He remembered thinking how childlike and free she looked. They walked and talked for hours. Somehow he told her everything that he had always felt on the inside. Things he could never share with anyone. Not even his mother who loved dearly. She reached over and took the letter out of his hand and read it.
“Is this truly what you want?” she asked in a quiet voice. Gates nodded and when he awoke he was back in his bed. It was just a dream, he thought at the time. But when the officers came to his front door and told him that his parents had died in a car accident he heard the strange woman’s voice in his head.
“Now you have what you want. But it will come at a price. Everything comes with a price”

And here he was on the brink of accomplishing everything he had always wanted and now it looked to be peril.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Ella

Great new topic but I love the last line.

Everything does come with a price...

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

There were just three days left until the opening of the show and Jinks had to admit that this was her best work. Isabelle tried on all the designs and each one was tailored made for her. Her personality and her beauty. Making one last phone call to her mom, Jinks finally thought she was ready for the fame. The recognition and the wealth that came along with it.

Kolo was finished with her designs on time and she felt that she had done a very good job. Although men often thought she was a wild woman because of her voluptuous curves, she really wasn’t. She was a devoutly religious girl from a decent Hawaiian family and her designs would always reflect that. Women need not dress like whores! And she would never make a woman feel like that in her clothing.

John had also finished his designs on time. His work was very structured and very utilitarian in form and function. But they were abstract almost like works of art that looked too delicate to actually wear. But the more advent garde judges would definitely sing his praises.

Nolan was the clear winner of the group. His designs were not only breathtaking but very modern. Women from the ages of 20-60 could wear his clothing. Nolan thought that the competition was his and his alone.

Gates was his own worst critic. He always saw fault where they was none, but for the first time, he saw perfection in front of him almost as if his mother were alive again. He could see her wearing his dresses and laughing with her head thrown back and him sitting at her feet.

Josef went to the warehouse to speak with the organizers when he noticed the smell. He looked over at Isabelle who nodded and went in search of the vampire. Isabelle came only close enough to smell but not give her own scent away. The vampire was in the design studio. It had to be one of the contestants. She quickly walked away to re-join Josef.

Gates looked up from his work quickly. There was another vampire in the warehouse. He walked out of the studio and closed the door behind him.
He had only met a handful of vampires since becoming one of the un-dead and none of them had been nice. He walked out onto the stage but saw no one. Whoever the vampire was had left. There was something strange about the way this vampire smelled. The smell was………Gates couldn’t put his finger on it but it was in a word strange.

“I think the vampire is one of the contestants” Isabelle told him in the car. Josef opened up a program and glanced at the names of the contestants.
“Kolo Wauchula, Nolan Bedford, John Yasutaki, and Gates McAllister. A vampire fashion designer?” he joked.
“Remember you said that about the chef” Isabelle reminded him.
“Oh yeah, Jamie Oliver….who could have guessed that!?”
“What should we do?”
“Until they make themselves known there’s nothing we can do.” Josef said.

Jinks went back to her studio to make sure there was nothing else she would need before the show. She walked into the studio and locked the door behind her. For some reason London gave her the creeps. Just walking down the dark streets brought to mind Jack the Ripper. And that was scarier than the streets of Queens New York any day! She was looking at all the clothing when she decided that the hem on the charcoal gray dress could probably be a half an inch shorter. Pulling out her sewing set and began to get started. There was a soft knock at the door.
“Who is it?” she called out.
“Gates McAlister” a voice said. Jinks felt bad that Josef had secluded her from the other designers. She felt like a snob.
She opened the door and saw the tall dark hair young man standing there with a shy smile.
“Uh, I don’t want to disturb you,….I just wanted to introduce myself and wish you luck” he said holding out his hand. Jinks smiled sincerely.
“Thank you so much! Best of luck to as well…..you know I’m sorry that I haven’t stopped by to meet you all, but Josef rented this ridiculous studio and..” Gates held up a hand.
“No apologies are necessary. I completely understand. This business is rather intense sometimes people are anxious” he said with an accent that sounded like JKF. Jinx felt herself beginning to relax.
“You’re from Boston?” she asked.
“That obvious?” he chuckled.
“Yeah” she replied shyly
“Okay, my turn…you are from……..New York…the Bronx!” he guessed.
“Close. Queens” she laughed. “Well have seat” she offered. Gates went to take chair when he saw the loveliest gown ever. His mouth fell open and slowly walked towards it.
“T…that yours?” he asked
“Yes. It’s the finale piece. A little over the top I agree…..” Jinks said.
“No. No…..its the most beautiful gown I’ve ever seen….its unearthly”
“Thank you” Jinx said.
Gates was in awe staring at the dress. He didn’t know what to do. His first thought was to kill her and destroy her designs, but then he stared at the dress and thought it would be like destroying the Mona Lisa or some other priceless work of art. Then he thought he could just kill her and take the designs.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Uh oh.... :gasp: Watch out, Jinks! :chair:

But wait--Jamie Oliver is a vampire?! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: I always knew there was something odd about that guy! :snicker:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Ella

Jinks is well protected.

If this guy even thinks of hurting her, there is Isabel and Josef to protect her.

Thanks

Jenna

Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

He was just pondering that option when there was a knock on the studio door.
“Jinks, its Josef and Isabelle” Josef called out to her.
“Oh, excuse me Gates, I’ll be just a minute.” Jinks said running to the door.
Josef and Isabelle walked in and immediately looked around the studio.
“Who is here?” Isabelle asked in measured tones.
“Oh, Gates…. One of the other designers” Jinks said casually although she could tell that neither Josef nor Isabelle were happy with that answer. Josef walked past her and faced the young vampire. Gates could tell right away that these were the vampires who were at the warehouse earlier. He could also tell that they were old. Even older than the vampire that made him.
“Uh…….I apologize for the intrusion. I just thought it would be nice to finally meet the fourth designer” He said. Josef walked up to him and offered a hand.
“No apology necessary. We didn’t mean to keep Jinks hidden. We just wanted her to stay focused” Josef said. “Let me introduce my wife, Isabelle”
Isabelle glided towards the man letting her thought sweep his.
“Please to meet you” she tightly. Gates was frightened of this beautiful woman. So much power exuded from her that even though she said very little, she had actually said quite a lot. And the message was clear.
“Well Jinks, I better go and let you get back to work. It was grand meeting you finally. And good luck” He said shaking her hand and taking his leave.
“He seemed nice” Jinks said watching him as he walked out the door.
“And attractive” Isabelle said studying Jink’s face.
“Yeah” Jinks said.
“Love comes after the show” Josef said. “And you can’t possibly be thinking about dating a rival designer?”
Jinks came to and turned to Josef. He cheeks a bright red.
“Oh…of course not. I wasn’t thinking about that” she said quickly. “Isabelle would you like to see the collection?” Isabelle nodded.

Gates went back to his hotel room and thought about the lovely young woman named Jinks. A horrid name to be sure. Must be a New York thing to give your children ridiculous names. But her talent was genuine. And superior…….he really didn’t want to take a life……and the girl was truly lovely. He had never once thought about romance especially now that he was damned. But something tugged at him upon meeting the woman from Queens. Something he could not explain.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Ella

Interesting turn of events.

One moment Jinks was in peril of her life, and the next she is a possible love interest of this guy???

Glad Isabel is along on this trip. She will keep Gates in line (I hope).

Jenna
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

“Do you think Mr. McAllister will become a problem?” Isabelle asked Josef later.
“Not likely. I think he got your message loud and clear. But should he decide to cross that line I know you’ll handle the situation appropriately” Josef said kissing deeply.
“Yes my darling” Isabelle purred.

Jinks was still working after Josef and Isabelle left. When she heard a knock on the studio door.
“Uh… Jinks. It’s Gates” He said to her through the door. Jinks smiled to herself as she opened the door.
“Hi, again Gates” she said with a bright smile.
“Hi…..listen I won’t hope you think me too forward…but would you like to get a drink with me?” he asked nervously.
“That sounds great!” She heard herself say, thinking that it might be better to keep this meeting to herself. She got the feeling that Josef and Isabelle would not approve.

“So tell me about yourself?” Gates asked sitting across from her in a small pub.
“There’s not much to tell really. I grew up in Queens. I have a younger brother named Oscar. My mother now lives in Staten Island. I try to visit as often as I can, but it gets rough sometimes. What about you?” she asked taking a polite sip of her drink.
“Born and raised in Boston, my parents died right before I started college.” He said. Jinks reached over and touched his hand.
“I’m so sorry Gates” She said softly
“Thank you.” He said still noticing that her hands was still on his.
“So you have any brothers or sisters?” she asked suddenly wanting to know more about the handsome man sitting across from her.
“No. Only child I’m afraid. The only child of only children if you can believe that?” he weakly joked. “Hey, enough of the heavy stuff, you want to go for a walk? I know all of the best paces in London” he said excitedly.
“Oh, you’ve been here before?”
“Many times, My parents actually have a town home here, but I stay in a hotel”
“Why not stay at the town home?” she asked then immediately regretted her question. “I don’t mean to pry” she finished.
“No, no. I was just wondering that myself. I don’t think I’ve been there since I was 13 years old. Since it’s technically my house now…..you want to see it? I’ve been told it was some sort of big deal architecturally anyways.”
“Sure Gates! I’d love to see your home!” she said
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Ella

Jinks should take Josef and Isabel into her confidence more, but she's just like the rest of us.

Sometimes we don't do what is in our own best interest.

Thank you!

Jenna

Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

The town home stood in an exclusive part of London. It had four floors and not for the first time Jinks marvelled at why the rich needed such a large home. And a vacation home at that! Gates opened the door slowly and turned on the lights. Wow should have been the word that Jinks used.
“Shit!” she said then covered her mouth with her hand and blushed.
Gates smiled at her.
“Yes. I know” He said.
The foyer was large and open and the chandelier that hung above was focal point. Everything was done in black and white which gave the home an Art Deco feel.
“It’s sooo…….Gatsby” Jink said trying to search for the right adjective.
“You know, I never thought about that before but you’re right. It does remind me of The Great Gatsby. Cold, clinical.” Gates said wistfully. He couldn’t understand why being around this woman made him want to bear his soul.
“I’m sure you had some fond memories” Jinks offered.
“They were few and far between.” He said and Jinks could tell that he was remembering something that had caused him pain. So she grabbed his hand.
“Well, come on! Show me the rest of the house!” she said cheerfully.

Gates showed her every room in the house but none spoke to Jinks like the music room. It had an expansive fireplace and large baby grand piano. Jinks could spend hours in that one room alone.
“Do you play?” she asked.
“Yes my mother insisted” he smiled and walked over to the piano and lifted the lid. He sat down and patted the bench for her to join him.
Gates then proceeded to play the most beautifully haunted music she had ever heard. Jinks sat mesmerized next to him, not able to look away.
And when the music stopped Gates leaned over and kissed her. And Jinks kissed him back.

Isabelle sat up straight. Something wasn’t right! Josef reached over and touched her thigh.
“What is it?” he asked
“I think I should check on Jinks” she said getting up quickly and throwing on some clothes. “I feel that something is not right. I just hope that I am not too late” she said running out of the room.

Gates slowly wrapped his arms around her. Truth be told, Gates had never had an attraction to any particular girl. Deep inside, his mother had been his first and only love, but not in a sexual way, but in a truly profound and meaningful way. Not even for the exquisite creature that damned him. He often thought that having a relationship would be like cheating on his mother’s memory. But with this girl, he had no such thought clouding his mind and began to really enjoy what was happening as she kissed his virginal lips and teased them lightly with her tongue. He kissed her neck and his fingers entwined in her curly locks. They parted their embraced and stared at one another each waiting for the other to make the decision to continue.
Gates studied the girl intently. He listened to her rapid heartbeat. And in that instant he stood up and picked her up, carrying her to the bedroom.
Jinks wouldn’t have thought he was that strong, but he carried her as if she weighed no more than a feather. He gently laid her down on the bed and began removing her clothing. Jinks said nothing not wanting to spoil this moment. After discarding his own clothing Gates became nervous. He had never made love to girl before. At the age of 25, he was still a virgin. And the moment he entered her he knew it was true for her as well. That one confirmation sent his heart into overdrive as he possessed her body. Her mind and hopefully her heart.
The lay together for sometime afterward, each still stunned by the intimacy they had shared.
“I think I’m falling love with you” Gates whispered out.
“That makes two of us” Jinks said smiling up at him.
“What should we do about it?” he asked.
“Enjoy it for as long as time allows” Jinks replied, not knowing that time allowed Gates McAllister infinite amounts. Gates thought about that. He thought of what he had just shared. And lastly he thought that he deserved to have this feeling and this girl forever. He felt his fangs protrude and he thought a little more.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Things are moving waaaaay too fast here... :nails:
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

“Would you like to move out of the hotel and stay here with me?” Gates asked.
“You want me to?”
“Yes” he said simply and kissed her once more. Turning his head towards her neck he kissed her gently. He heard the soft moan escape from her mouth. He then sunk his fangs into her neck.

Isabelle sensed that Jinks had been bitten. She sped faster down the street until she came upon a large town house. She burst through the front door speeding up the stairs. She walked into the large bedroom. That is where she saw Gates and Jinks. The blood around Jink’s mouth told the story. He had turned her.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Too late!! :slaphead:

Return to “Ella713's Office”