Courtesan

A Cabin by the Lake By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fanfiction
By Ella713
A Cabin by the Lake
Rated PG-13
(Zombies! Oh My :)

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Mick and Beth pulled up to their cabin in Yosemite. Beth got out of the car while Mick retrieved their luggage.
“Oh, Mick! It’s so relaxing to be away from the city. After everything we’ve been through a nice weekend in the woods sounds ideal!” Beth said stretching after the long car ride.
“I know. I think everyone will like it” he said. “The kids should be here soon” He said as he scooped up their luggage and headed up the stairs.

Gabriel pulled up to the cabin and saw that his parents were already there. They hurried out the car and ran into the house.
“Mom! Dad! We’re here!” Gabriel called out.
“Hey guys!” Beth said to them from over the railing. “Go put your things away and meet us in the back yard!” she said grinning.
“Oh no!” Gabriel said shaking his head. “I know that look. That look means mom and dad are planning some lame surprise party for me”
Zoe laughed.
“I’m sure it’ll be sweet!” she said knowing how much Gabriel hated parties. Especially surprise parties. And when he saw Brian and Nicole walk through the door, he knew it was a party.
“Hey Brian, what are you doing here?” Gabriel asked.
“Mom’s throwing you a party” Brian said in all seriousness
“Brian! You ‘weren’t supposed to tell!” Nicole said.
“Well he asked” Brian said stiffly and very much confused.

Zoe rolled her eyes.
“Well Gabe you’re just going to have to act surprised”

They all heard another car pull up out front and peeked to see who it was.
Josef and Isabelle parked in front of the house and walked up the stairs.
“How is everybody?” Josef said. “So…..do we know why Beth asked us up here?” He said cautiously.
“The jig is up Mr. Kostan” Nicole said. “Brian can’t keep a secret”
Josef smiled.
“Well, if that’s the case Happy Birthday Gabriel” Josef said handing him an envelope. Gabriel slowly opened the envelope and saw two first class pane tickets to Hon Kong!”
“Uncle Josef! How did you know we wanted to go to China?” Gabriel asked in surprise
“Well, Julian kind of mentioned it” He confessed.
“Thank you so much Josef!” Zoe said jumping up to hug both him and Isabelle. Beth came down the staircase.
“You just couldn’t keep quiet could you Josef?” Beth said in mock anger.
Josef raised his hands up then pointed at Brian.
“Oh well, let’s go to the patio” she said ushering everyone into the back yard.

The yard was decorated beautifully, with miniature lights that hung off the balcony and along the gazebo. They opened up champagne and Gabriel opened his birthday gifts. Brian heard the noise first. He closed his eyes and focused on the sound. It was a mortal but he couldn’t detect a heartbeat. He looked around and peered into the woods surrounding the property. Isabelle saw him out of the corner of her eye. Her mind quickly started speaking to him.
“What do you hear My Lord?” she asked.
“I do not know. It has no heart beat, but does not smell like a vampire”
“Let us take a walk then”

“Mom, I thought I heard something in the woods. It may be nothing but Isabelle and I are going to take a look around” he said bending down to kiss her cheek.
“Hold on” Mick said. “I’m coming with you” he said quickly kissing Beth and walking away with Brian and Isabelle.

“What do you think it is?” Zoe asked to no one in particular.
“It’s probably nothing.” Josef said hoping that this could be the one week where nothing extraordinary happened.

Mick, Brian and Isabelle walked quietly into the woods. The figure was straight ahead maybe 75 yards. The crept up slowly and saw two figures in dirty rags eating a dear.
“What the!....” Mick said out loud. The two figures scrambled up and walked slowly towards Mick. Their eyes looked dead. They had dirt and blood all over the face and clothes. Brian closed his eyes and tried to kill them, but they kept moving towards Mick in slow laborious steps.
Brian ran up to one and very swiftly took off its head why Isabelle took care of the other one. Mick stood still in disbelief.
“Please tell me those are not what I think they are?!” He yelled.
Brian and Isabelle looked at each other for a long time not knowing how to answer his question.
“Please Mick we must return to the house” Isabelle said walking swiftly out of the woods.

Zoe saw them coming back towards the house.
“Well what was it?” she said with curiosity gleaming in her eyes.
Mick swallowed hard.
“I think they were zombies” he said barely believing what he was saying.
“Dad, please tell me you’re joking?” Gabriel said.
Then they heard the noise coming from the woods and saw at least 7 zombies like creatures walking towards them.
jen
Cleaner

Re: A Cabin by the Lake By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by jen »

Oh. No.

Couple goes to cabin at the lake for romantic weekend...

...somehow I had a feeling that something would show up to put our vampires in peril.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

“Now that’s something you don’t see everyday” Zoe said quietly.
“Just so we’re all clear, those are zombies headed our way?” Gabriel said still not believing what he was seeing.
The zombies moved slow just like in the old movies and none of them spoke or seemed to be aware of their surroundings.
“Uh…..we might want to think about doing something about them” Josef said.
“Uh, yeah sure…..Josef’s right” Mick said preparing to attack.
“Mick, leave one alive. We need to study it” Zoe said thinking this was one of the most amazing things she had ever seen. And she thought calling up Lucifer was pretty amazing. But zombies! This was Twilight Zone amazing!

After they destroyed all the zombies with exception to one, they locked all the doors and took the surviving one to the basement.
“Wow! This is incredible” Zoe said looking at the young woman who had been restrained sitting in a chair.
“Has there been anything about creatures like this in any of your studies?” Brian asked Zoe. She shook her head slowly still studying the woman.
“Well, she’s alive, so we’re not talking re-animation. It looks like she’s been exposed to some kind of toxin, but I would need Julian here for a more conclusive diagnosis”
Mick pulled out his cell phone and dialed Julian’s number.
“Julian, its Mick. Listen we have a situation here that needs your professional outlook” Mick said handing the phone to Zoe. She explained the woman and all of her symptoms. Handing the phone back to Mick she said.
“Julian is on his way”
“Honey, that means we killed those people” Gabriel said in shock. “They were alive!”
“Gabe, we can’t correct what we didn’t know. And we certainly don’t know what they were exposed to, but looking at the condition of this one, she doesn’t have much time left” Zoe said trying to console her very sensitive husband.
“Gabe, Zoe’s right. Whatever these people were exposed to seems to be highly toxic. As it stands they were already dead” Brian said. “Julian has arrived” he said although no one but Brian had detected the arrival of the Ancient.
“Julian! Great, you’re here.” Zoe said standing aside so that he could see the woman.
“Oh dear!” he muttered to himself. He took instruments out of his bag and began to examine the woman. “Her heartbeat is very faint. She has maybe an hour left to live. The skin has been necrotized meaning she was exposed to some sort of bacterial agent” Julian explained. “Are their any medical facilities around here?”
“No” Josef replied. “Everything in a 100 mile radius are private homes”
“Well, in this condition, they would not have been able to cross roads.”
“Isabelle and I will make a quick cursory look in the nearby areas” Brian said and he and Isabelle prepared to leave.
They opened the door to see a dozen more zombies mulling aimlessly about in the back yard. Brian and Isabelle quickly sped past the slow moving creatures.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Those poor people! This sounds like the start of a Fringe episode. I hope the vampires can help.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Brian and Isabelle came upon a large house just a few miles from Mick and Beth’s cabin. Brian closed his eyes. This was the place.
“I see security cameras on both the north and east sides.” Isabelle said.
“Then we will approach from that south bank over there” Brian said as they headed for the compound.

“Damn it Jared!” they heard a voice say. “Do you know how many people were contaminated?”
“At least 25 sir.” Another voice replied.
“Is it airborne?”
“No sir. But it can be contracted though touch. The incubation period is just two hours”
“We have to find those test subjects now! Gather everybody. We have to search every inch of this area! They can’t have gotten far”
“Sir the closest residence is a cabin on Yosemite Drive. It belongs to a Mick St. John. We should check there first”
“Fine let’s go”

“What were they testing?” Brian asked out loud.
“Something they were not supposed to would be my guess. Let’s head back my Lord. We must inform the others”
“Sure…but Isabelle….this my Lord stuff is rather disconcerting. Please call me Brian” he said with stiff smile.
“As you wish”

“We have some information” Isabelle said when they reached the cabin.
We spotted two men discussing test subjects and some sort of air born pathogen that had been released. They said 25 test subjects were contaminated and it passes through touch” Brian said.
“They were leaving to check the surrounding areas for the missing subjects and the first stop is here” Isabelle continued.
“Were they military?” Mick asked.
“That did not appear to be the case” Brian said.
“Well it has to be some kind of government project. Out here in the middle of nowhere surrounded by acres of forest!”
“I would agree” Brian said with a nod.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Don't know much about zombies.

Didn't know much about vampires before Moonlight, which redefined most of what I knew.

I really hope vampires are immune to this. What would happen if a vampire were to become infected...a vambie? Nah, it sounds too much like a cuddly forest creature...

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :flowers: :flowers:
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Suddenly they heard an urgent knocking at the front door. Someone was calling out for help. Zoe stood up straight and started to run for the door.
“Oh my God! It’s Ted! I forgot I invited him to the party!” she screamed. Zoe ran to the door and yanked Ted inside just before a zombie reach out for him. Ted was paralyzed and white as a sheet. Beth came over beside Zoe.
“Let’s sit him down on the sofa” she said. “Nicole get me a cold washcloth” Nicole brought Beth the cloth.
“Is he in shock?” Nicole asked looking at the thin young man with concern.
Gabriel sat next to Ted on the sofa.
“Ted speak to me” he said gently. Ted turned his head slowly and looked at Gabriel.
“Y….you have zombies in your yard” he stammered out.
“Yes Ted I know” Gabriel said.
“Zombies. They tried to grab me”
“It’s okay Ted. You’re safe. Everything is going to be alright.” Ted nodded and then fainted. They all heard vehicles approaching and ran to the window to see who was coming. A medical vehicle pulled up followed by 4 trucks with men in hazmat suits. They were rounding up all the zombies and placing them in a contained truck.
“Open up!” A loud voice said. “This is the CDC!” Brian let him mind sweep over the mind of the voice knocking on the door.
“Do not open the door. He is not from the CDC. He is with a pharmaceutical corporation. They were using humans for an unauthorized trial which failed”
“If you do not open the door we will have to issue a quarantine!” the voice said.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

“Nicole take Ted upstairs and shut the door.” Mick said. “Brian. I’m going to open the door and when I do, you and Isabelle take these guys out” They both nodded the readied themselves.
“Okay, we’re opening the door” Mick called out. Mick grabbed the door handle and yanked it open wide. Four men with assault rifles were standing on the porch. Isabelle and Brian quickly attacked the four men taking away their weapons.
“Beth Zoe, tie them up” Mick said as he slammed the door shut. Brian sat the men in chairs and Beth and Zoe tied them up tightly with bungee cord.

When the men came to, Mick started to ask them questions.
“What’s wrong with those people out there” Mick demanded. The men refused to answer. Mick and Brian barred their fangs at the men. All four began to shake in fear.
“I’ll ask you one more time” Mick said eyes glaring red. “What’s wrong with those people?”
“W…we were testing an antidotes for biological welfare……the test subjects were exhibiting positive results then they started displaying almost zombie like symptoms….they broke out of testing facilities…by the time we found out, they all had escaped” the man said through tears.
“Who’s in charge of this clinical trial?” Beth asked. The man looked around trying to see if he could get away, but between the infected test subjects outside and the vampires inside, either way was certain death.
“Malcolm Davenport” he said.
“Davenport the industrialist?” Beth asked in surprise.
“Yeah. He wanted to branch out into medical research and wanted to secure a large military contract”
“How did you get the test subjects?”
“We advertised and offered $10,000 for the completion of the study”
“Did they know what the study was about?”
“No. They told us not disclose any information”
“Oh my God Mick! Those poor people!” Beth said in anger.

Mick looked out the window. There was another truck headed for the cabin.
“Dad what do you want to do?” Brian asked.
“We need to take them all out. This bacterium has to be contained” Brian nodded.
“Mick you’re not talking about killing everyone?” Beth asked.
“Babe, there’s no other way. If this contagion gets out you’re talking about a state wide panic, not to mention the military. I know first hand how the military handles these sorts of situations. Los Angeles will be destroyed. As in burned to the ground” Mick said.
“Beth, Mick is right” Josef said finally. For he too in his over 400 years had seen humans do the most unspeakable things in order to stay alive.

“Alright. This has to happen quickly.” Mick said with his hand on the door.
“You’re talking a blitz” Josef said.

Mick opened the door and they all ran out faster than the human eye could see. Brian and Isabelle took care of all the men with guns and Mick, Beth Josef and Gabriel handle the infected. They then drove all of the bodies back to the compound and set the place a blaze.

Beth cried. It all seemed so senseless. All of those innocent kids. They thought they were going to make some easy money and little did they know they were signing their own death certificates. Well she wasn’t going to let some rich asshole get away with this. She called Steve and told him they had the story of a lifetime.

Every news station in the country was following the story on Malcolm Davenport. The young woman who they had restrained in the basement lived for a week before succumbing to the bacterial agents she was exposed to. But she lived long enough to tell her story. The world was shocked.

The CDC quarantined the Yosemite area until it was determined that it was safe.
Malcolm Davenport received life in prison with no possibility of parole.
His fortune was confiscated and the board of directors were given the option of losing the company altogether or giving the family members of the victims substantial compensation. Gabriel made sure that the CDC had deemed all of them safe from the agent and they were given the green light to go back to Los Angeles. Back home.

But somehow none of them felt safe. Humans were set on destroying the world. And that would be bad for humans and vampires alike Gabriel thought to himself as he kissed his wife and closed his eyes to go to sleep.

The End
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Terrific storyline. You made it all quite believable. I'm glad at least our vampires were okay and the contagion was stopped. Poor people.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This was one of those incidents when the mistakes got buried.

Tragic for all involved.

Return to “Ella713's Office”