History Lessons By Ella713 Rated PG

A place for Ella713's G to PG-13 stories
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: History Lessons By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

As they walked out of the courthouse Zoe held Gabriel’s hand and leaned towards him.
“Gabe are you nuts?” She exclaimed quietly.
“No Zoe I’m not nuts. I’m just offering an olive branch so to speak. It’s called being a grown up.” He replied.
“No. It’s called being an idiot grown up! I don’t trust him. I think he’s a liar” she said.
“I know he’s a liar Zoe.” Gabriel said with a slow smile.

Ted wrapped his hands around the vial of holy water in his pocket. Once he got Gabriel alone, he would dump the contents in his face and then stake him. Easy as pie!

Brian landed in LAX and hurried through the airport and hailed a taxi.
He wad at Gabriel and Zoe’s apartment in half and hour. He closed his eyes and let his mind see the apartment. They weren’t back yet. He then decided to call Isabelle.

Isabelle told him of what had transpired at the courthouse.
“Is Gabe insane? Listen Isabelle, I found out that Ted lied about everything on his resume! He spent a lot of time in the Czech Republic talking to a Dr. Luke Kennard! If you know who that is?” Brian said.
“Yes. I know him by reputation only. He is thought by some to be a vampire expert and by others in academia a kook. He knows very little of actual vampires. Whatever information he has given to Ted will no doubt be of little consequence” Isabelle said sounding slightly amused.
Brian let out a sigh.
“I’m still going to stay close by just in case” Brian said.
“As you wish” Isabelle said and hung up.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Although Gabe looks like an adult, he is exhibiting an almost childlike gullability. I can relate to it, even though I'm no child but when someone apologizes as sincerely as Ted did, and it seems he has a talent for laying it on rather thick and making people believe it, you just want to believe them.

That being said, a human really is something of an open book to a vampire. So many of our autonomic reactions betray the true intent--heartrate, changes in blood pressure and a bit of sweat or a flush reveal the true intent to say nothing of an ability to literally see into someones mind. Ted may snow Brian, but Isabel, Mick, Beth, and even Zoe will not hesitate to protect Gabe and the weapons he brought with him--Holy water and a stake? The worst Gabe will get out of this is paralyzed and wet. That would last for about two seconds and its 'hello, La Brea' for Ted!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Gabriel, Zoe and Ted went to a local pub for beers. Ted told them lies about his life, not wanting the “golden boy” Gabriel St. John to know about his stints in therapy and the psyche ward. In truth his life had been on a downward spiral ever since Gabriel came into his life and he had never fully recovered. The nightmares that haunted him lasted for almost a year until his father sent him to his first shrink, then that led to a visit to the psyche ward and to another shrink. But it was there that he found out that he was not crazy like his father feared. He would not only prove to the world that vampires existed, he would make a fortune selling his story. Perhaps maybe even a book or movie deal. The saddest part of that plan was that Gabriel St. John wouldn’t be alive to see it all happen!

“Wow, I can’t believe that you two are still together after all this time” Ted said looking at them.
“It was love at first sight” Zoe said. “At least for me” she joked.
“Hey! Me too!” Gabriel said holding her hand under the table. Seeing Gabriel happy in love and married to Zoe Reynolds, made Ted even angrier, but he held his anger in check.
“So what about you Ted. Are you married?” Zoe asked.
“No, no.” he smiled “There’s always time for that later on down the road. But you two are lucky that you found true love early in life” He said.
“”True. I’m always grateful for that, everyday” Gabriel said.

Zoe began to relax. Maybe Ted was a changed person after all. He showed no signs of jealousy or revenge or animosity. Perhaps Gabriel was right. He was just a kid at the time. I mean everyone does something they wish they could take back.

“Well, I should probably get going. I’ve got an early day tomorrow”
Ted said.
“Yes, as do I” Gabriel said. “Do you need a lift anywhere Ted?” he asked.
“That would be great Gabriel. Thank you!” Ted said.
“Why don’t you go ahead and drive Ted home. I brought my car. I’ll see you back at home” Zoe said giving Gabriel light kiss on the lips.

Gabriel and Ted walked back to the courthouse to retrieve Gabriel’s car. Ted put his hand in his pockets. He slowly pulled out the vial of holy water.
They made their way through the dark parking garage. Gabriel pulled out his keys and turned around.
“This is me” he said motioning to the car. Then he felt an icy cold liquid splash over his face. “What the hell Ted!” he said wiping the water from his face. Ted looked at him in surprise. He wasn’t burning! He wasn’t in pain! Nothing was happening! Ted quickly pulled out the small stake in his jacket pocket.
“Tonight you die bloodsucker!” he hissed in anger. Gabriel looked at Ted with his pity in his eyes.
“Ted what are you doing? You’re going to kill me?” He asked calmly.
“That’s right! I know what you are! I found out a long time ago vampire!” Ted said trembling in fear not really knowing what to do. All of his brave ideas suddenly fled from his mind.
“What makes you think I’m a vampire? You saw me out during the day? You saw me drink a beer. Two beers in fact. You saw me go to the restroom. Do any of those things sound like something a vampire would do? Even could do?” Gabriel tried to reason. Ted looked at Gabriel trying to decide what he should do.
“You’re trying to mess with my mind!!” Ted yelled “Shut up! Stop talking!”
Gabriel stood very still and said nothing.

Gabriel knew that if Ted wouldn’t listen he would have no choice but to disarm him. Ted stood shivering in the darkness going over all he had learned about vampires. They couldn’t walk around in the sun. Gabriel lived in Los Angeles for Pete’s sake! When wasn’t the sun shining here? And he himself had seen Gabriel eat lunches in school! Oh God! Ted thought to himself as he dropped the stake to the ground.
“I am crazy” he said softly crumbling to the ground. Gabriel lightly kicked the stake far away from them and knelt down beside him.
“No Ted. You’re not crazy. You just tired to apply a crazy notion to a situation so it could make sense to you”
“But everything is so damn easy for you!” Ted said in frustration.
Gabriel felt sorry for Ted and he felt responsible.
“Look at me Ted” Gabriel said in a voice that Ted had to obey. “You are going to forget all about vampires because they don’t exist at all. You are going to turn your life around and forget about all this nonsense. We are friends and have always been friends since junior high. Do you understand? Tomorrow you will come to my office and I will give you a job” Gabriel said. Ted nodded his head and Gabriel helped him off the ground.
“Whoa Ted! I think you had once beer too many” Gabriel said laughing. Ted looked confused for a moment then looked at Gabriel and smiled.
“You know Gabriel, I think your right” he said. They walked to Gabriel’s car and he drove him to his apartment.

“Christ Gabriel where have you been!” Brian said when he saw him step off the elevator.
“I dropped Ted off at his apartment” Gabriel said with a smile.
“So he’s alive?”
“Very much so”
“Okay, why is he still alive?” Brian demanded. Zoe heard voices and opened up the door.
“What’s going on out here?” She asked.
“Gabe let that little jerk live is what’s going on!” Brian said folding his arms.
“Why wouldn’t he let Ted live? He was perfectly nice the whole evening” Zoe explained.
“First of all Ted lied about everything! He didn’t go to Princeton, or work for Pfizer! He was in the Czech Republic studying with some vampire expert, probably thinking of ways to kill Gabriel!” Brian said. Then he looked at Gabriel’s wet hair. “Why is your hair wet?”
“Oh, Ted splashed me with what I can only guess was Holy Water” Gabriel said with a smile. Zoe started to laugh.
“I guess he didn’t learn in the Czech Republic that holy water doesn’t work” Zoe said still laughing.
“Where is the little toad?” Brian asked planning to pop over there and give him the beating of a lifetime.
“Don’t Brian. It’s all taken care of. I did something to Ted that I wish I hadn’t done. But I was young as well. The only difference is that now I got a chance to rewrite history. Ted will be a changed person from now on. And don’t worry, he won’t be at Kostan Industries anymore either” Gabriel said.
Brain sighed.
“Good, because he wasn’t very qualified” he said walking away.

The End
Last edited by Ella713 on Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Gabriel has learned to use his powers for good but he took a risk. He's not as naive as I thought, or maybe he can afford being naive as he is also powerful. I wouldn't have thought this could possibly go well. I've been proven wrong. Thank you!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Good. Ted was a victim in many ways. His home situation never was very supportive from what you told us in earlier episodes ot these stories, and the misinformation he has been exposed to didn't help. I'm just glad he didn't fall in with the Legion. He could have gotten some more accurate information and done some serious damage.

Gabe is giving him a job? I wonder what he will be doing?
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Ella713's Office”