Pretty is as Pretty Does By Ella713 Rated PG

A place for Ella713's G to PG-13 stories
Ella713
Courtesan

Pretty is as Pretty Does By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

A new story about Gabriel working for his dad undercover as a model. I just started it, but here's the beginning.

Moonlight Fanfiction
Pretty is as Pretty Does
By Ella713
Rated PG

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Now that both the boys were out of house, Mick could start focusing on work again. The older couple that sat across from him were in tears as they told their story. Their daughter Heather had gone missing 3 days ago. She was on her way to a photo shoot and never turned up for shoot and hadn’t been seen since. They begged Mick to take their case. The police had told them they had no leads and that it was most likely that their daughter had run off with a boyfriend. Mick said he would take the case.

Mick would start with the modeling agency that represented Heather.
Lulu Ford’s was the top agency in Los Angeles, responsible for career of Linda Evangelista and a slew of other supermodels. He would need a way to get in……..he thought for a moment then pulled out his phone.
“Gabriel, its dad. I need to talk to you about a job” he said.

Gabriel showed up with Zoe a few hours later.
“Hey dad! What’s up?” Gabriel asked. Mick stared at his son and his girlfriend. They were both exceptionally beautiful. Maybe he could use them both. Then he thought about Brian. Since he had made the transformation he had become quite handsome. Maybe a team of people working undercover would work best.
“I have this case. The disappearance of a model named Heather Tulley. She was supposed to show up for a photo shoot but never showed and no one has seen her since. So how would you two like to do a little undercover work?”
“What kind of work?” Gabriel asked.
“Modeling” Mick said. Zoe’s eyes opened wide and she smiled brightly
“Oh Mr. St. John, I would love too!” she squealed showing excitement for the opportunity.
“Dad!” Gabriel whined. “Really? Modeling?” he said shaking his head.
“Look you two are the right age, right height, right body types and frankly you're both gorgeous. And if it makes you feel better, I’m going to ask Brian too?”
Gabriel and Zoe laughed out loud.
“Brian would never agree to this” Gabriel said still laughing.
“Ok, how about this. If Brian says yes, then all three of you will help. If he says no, I’ll find someone else?” Mick said
“Deal” Gabriel said confident that the serious financially focused Brian would never ever agree to something so silly.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Pretty is as Pretty Does By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by francis »

Oh I'm sure Brian will love some wild side to his life. And if Mick can talk to Nicole too she can convince Brian.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Brian and Nicole were decorating their condo both finally deciding that it was time to chuck all of the beige furnishings that came with it. When they weren’t working they were painting and carpeting and buying furniture. They discovered that they both had an appreciation for Asian styles. So they amused themselves in Chinatown searching for antique oriental screens and various odd and ends.

They had just finished painting the bathroom when Nicole looked over at him.
“Are you going to do it?” she asked.
“I doubt it Nic. Modeling? I’m surprised dad would even ask something like that” he said.
“I think you should” she said shrugging her shoulders. “I know I’d do it for my dad” Brian stopped painting and looked at Nicole. She was right. How could he not do it. Mick and Beth had opened their home to him. Their life. It was the least he could do.
“Your right. I’ll call him right now and tell him I’m on board.” He said lying his paint brush down. Nicole smiled to herself.

Gabriel, Zoe and Brian all sat in Mick’s apartment going over their strategy.
Mick would act as their personal agent. They all had their back stories memorized.

First they would need portfolios and Beth had arranged for Steve to oblige them with photos. They arranged to meet at a nearby studio to take the shots.
“I can’t believe I’m doing this” Gabriel said with groan.
“Let’s just get it over with” Brian said thinking about an entire day of trading he was missing. Beth had brought multiple things for them to change into.
“Okay, let’s start with Gabe first” Steve said. “I need you to stand right there” Gabriel felt ridiculous and fake as he tried desperately to display emotion he didn’t feel. Then he saw Zoe walk into the studio wearing the most amazing black dress that had absolutely no back whatsoever. A huge grin spread across the his face and the effect was blinding.
“Yeah Gabriel! That’s better. Just like that” Steve was saying. “Perfect! Okay, Brian you’re next.” Brian walked over to where Gabriel had stood.
He was wearing jeans, black motorcycle boots, a black v neck sweater and a form fitting black leather jacket. He looked sexy and dangerous. Steve knew he would get no grins from this kid, so he went for the James Dean rebel type vibe which Brian had no problem displaying.
“That was great Brian. Okay Zoe, take your mark” Zoe was really enjoying herself. The camera loved her. Her long blonde hair and sky blue eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas day. Her tall lean body was flexible and moved well. She went through several different outfits and every one of them was perfect.
“I think that’s about it. I’ll get these developed and have them back by tomorrow evening.” Steve said.

“That was the most humiliating thing I have ever done” Gabriel said.
“Oh come on Gabe, it was fun!” Zoe said. Brian said nothing which was increasingly becoming his way as the Dragos bloodline became stronger as time went on.
“What did you think Brian?” Zoe asked still excited from her brush with modeling. Brian thought for a moment.
“I thought nothing of it. I did it for dad” he said.
“Oh brother! You’re becoming more and more like Isabelle everyday!” Gabriel said with a smile. Brian looked at his brother and started to laugh.
“That’s so not cool” Brian said still laughing. Gabriel was the only person who could break down Brian’s stiff demeanor.

Mick walked into the Lulu Ford modeling agency with portfolios in hand. He sat in the lobby waiting to speak with an agency rep. A very tall rail thin woman walked out, The tight bun on the top of her head made her even taller than Mick.
“Mr. St. John, Melanie Pierce. Please to meet you” she said offering her hand. “I understand you have some people we might be interested in?” she said.
“Yes, I do. They don’t have much experience but they look damn good!” he said.
“Well, let’s step into my office and you can show me what you have.” She said leading him into a nearby office. Mick sat down and slid the fist portfolio towards her.
“Brian Parker age 19. 6ft. tall weighs 175 pounds” Melanie flipped through the pages of the portfolio loving the dark mysterious image of the young man.
“Very nice” she said. Mick slid the next portfolio towards her.
“Gabe Martin aged 20. 6ft 1 inches tall weighs 165 pounds.” Melanie looked over the photos really loving the look of this young man. He was like a young Montgomery Cliff. His smile was his strong selling point. That smile could sell any product to anyone.
“I have to admit Mr. St. John, I am really liking what I’ve seen so far. But you must know that men unfortunately have limited marketability.”
“I saved the best for last” Mick said as he slid the last portfolio towards her.
Mick saw her eyes widen when she saw the photos of Zoe.
“This is Zoe. Age 18. 5ft. 8 inches tall weighs 118 pounds” Melanie turned each page barely concealing her excitement. She picked up the receiver of a nearby phone.
“Yes. You need to see these” was all she said before hanging up.

Lulu Ford had been the supermodel of her era in the 1950’s. Every magazine in the world had her face on the cover. She led a scandalous life after modeling. Six husbands and high profile divorces. With each divorce she came out richer and finally started her own modeling agency since it was the only thing she knew. Now she was responsible for the education of girls from all over the world, some no more than 14 or 15 years old. And if the disappearance of Heather was any testament to her abilities then she had failed miserably.
Lulu walked in still under the delusion that all men lusted after her. Upon closer inspection Mick could see that she wore far too much makeup and had multiple plastic surgery procedures.
“Lulu Ford at your disposal” she said offering her hand. “My assistant tells me that you have something special” she said sitting behind the desk and opening up the portfolios.
“My, my!” she exclaimed placing her hand to her throat. “I don’t think I have ever seen such beautiful young people. How do you know them?” she asked.
“My wife and I were their foster parents. We have been raising all three of them since they were about 5 or 6. We adopted them later on. We could tell right away they were made for TV. You know like commercials and such.” Mick said.
“Well I have to say that I agree with you. What do you want from us?” Lulu asked.
“I heard last year at a fashion show that you would be the woman to talk to about ..you know finding them work.”
“Well that I can certainly do. But what will be your part in all of this?”
“Well even though they are all of legal age, I’m still their guardian and I expect to be notified of all jobs or possible jobs and where they will be located. Of course I will expect a small fee for being their agent.”

Lulu smiled to herself. She met dozens of parent s like this every week. They all thought their kid would be the next big thing, but in the end all they were really interested in was the money.

“Well our contract entitles you to 6% which you will find is the industry standard” she said.
“6% of how much?”
“Well that depends on the job. Let’s say the girl, gets a contract with Cover Girl Cosmetics worth 8 million dollars, your cut would be somewhere in the neighborhood of half a million dollars” she said casually.
“Well hot damn!” Mick exclaimed. “Where do I sign?”
Last edited by Ella713 on Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Hmmm.

Interesting. Mick must have found a way to look older than his perennial thirty.

Lulu doesn't have a clue what she is dealing with!

Since Nicole has apparently moved in with Brian, I'm guessing that she knows about vampires now.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

“You did what?” Josef exclaimed when Mick told him.
“Look Josef, they probably won’t use him, they seem to be only interested in girls but I really could use the help. I think Lulu Ford is hiding something. She lied about everything today.”
“Lulu Ford? The model?”
“Yeah why you know her? Don’t tell me you dated her?” Mick groaned
“No, but I knew her husband. Husband #5 I mean. We did some business together”
“You ever meet her?”
“Yeah. I wasn’t impressed. I think she was trying to be the next Elizabeth Taylor or something”
“Well I can feel that she knows more than she letting on.” Mick said.

Lulu paced the laboratory growing impatient. A small man wearing a lab coat came out.
“I’m sorry Mrs. Ford. The experiment failed” he said.
“What do you mean it failed?! We did the exact same thing that we did the last time! How can it not work!” she screamed.
“Perhaps there was something wrong with the girl” he suggested.
“No, no! She was 18 years old, the same as the others!” she yelled.
“Then I don’t know what to tell you. Maybe the girl lied about her age” the man said. Lulu stopped in her tracks. Of course that would explain it!
She never bothered to check to see if the girl was really 18. she took her word for it. She definitely looked 18, even a couple of years younger than 18.
“Be ready to re start the experiment. I already have another girl” she said before leaving the lab.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Zoe.

What kind of experiment??? That doesn't sound good for Zoe, whatever it is...
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Lulu went back to her office and started to go through her files. There it was in black and white. Heather Tully aged 18. So there could be nothing wrong with the test. It had been that stupid chemist who had failed. Well, that didn’t matter now. She had another girl already in mind to take Heather’s place. Zoe. And what a beautiful young thing she was.

Zoe was too hyper to sit still. She practically flew about the apartment that she shared with Gabriel breathlessly telling her parents about the photo shoot. He father listened patiently. While his beautiful daughter was bright enough, she really had no motivation to be anything other than pretty. In that regard, she was very much like her mother. Zoe’s mother on the other hand was elated when she heard the news and her and Zoe talked for hours about agents, and photographers and wardrobes. As soon as she said her final goodbye and hung up the phone immediately rang.

“Zoe darling!” the voice purred. “This is Lulu Ford.”
“Oh! Yes Mrs. Ford! How are you?” Zoe asked in awe.
“Please dear, call me Lulu. I’d like to speak to you about a matter that has arisen.”
“Oh! What matter is that?”
“Your age. I’m afraid due to the fact that most modeling jobs take place out of the country, we will need to have verifiable confirmation that you are in fact 18 years of age. You understand don’t you darling?” Lulu said sweetly.
“Of course. I can bring you my birth certificate, if you’d like?” Zoe said
“That would be lovely dear. As soon as you can. I wouldn’t want you to miss an opportunity at Paris or Milan.”
Zoe took in a deep breath. Paris? Milan!
“Lulu, I’ll bring it to you first thing in the morning.” Zoe said anxiously.
“Well,….I know it’s a bit late, but is there any way you could get it to me this evening?”

Zoe thought for a moment. She wasn’t sure. She didn’t know anything about this woman and this was an investigation....but didn’t she have to think about her life after the investigation? This could be her shot at making it in the world of modeling although she had never once thought about it as a profession, but now that its just found its way at her doorstep, why shouldn’t she take it?
“Can you give me about an hour?” Zoe found herself saying.
“Of course darling! Meet me at the agency.” Lulu said and hung up.
Lulu immediately dialed a number.
“Darling! I hope you’re ready tonight. I have another one for you” she said and hung up.
Last edited by Ella713 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

How can Zoe even think of modelling as a life profession? She's too smart to waste her talent on this. And I sure hope she tells someone where she's heading. She's in so much danger.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Zoe searched through her things trying to find the box that held personal documents but she could find it no where. Finally she called Gabriel.
“Hi Gabe! I hope I’m not bothering you” she said softly.
“No you’re not. Actually I could use a break.” He said rubbing his exhausted eyes and closing the huge law book in front of him. “What’s up?”
“I’m looking for the box that we placed all our personal documents in. You know birth certificates, social security cards.”
“Um,…..try the bedroom closet on the top shelf. Should be a box up there somewhere. Why are you looking for that stuff?” he asked becoming curious.
“Oh nothing. Lulu called and said she needed to see my birth certificate tonight to ensure that I was 18 in case some modeling jobs were out of the country. You know for passport reasons” she said trying to cradle the phone in the crook of her neck as she searched the bedroom closet for the box.
Gabriel stood up quick almost knocking over his chair in the quiet library.
“Zoe! Listen to me! Do not go over there! Do you understand me?” he said in a panic.
“Gabe, It won’t take me long. I was planning on taking a taxi there, dropping it off and then coming straight back.” She said when she realized that the line had gone dead.
Oh well she thought. That law library was in the basement of the university. Calls most likely got dropped fairly often. She continued her search for the missing documents when she heard a knock at the door.
“Hey Brian. Gabe’s not here. He’s at the library” She said.
“I didn’t come see Gabe. I came to stop you.” Brian said in his measured even tone which was the tone of all cleaners
“Stop me from what?” Zoe asked confused by his tone.
“You can’t go to that agency alone. Mick has not cleared anyone associated with the agency as a suspect, so that means you need to stay clear of the place unless we are all together.” He said standing at the door. “And unless you intend to use a parachute to jump out the window, I’m going to stay here until Gabe returns. Which should be 10 minutes from now” he said coolly glancing at his watch.
Zoe threw up her hands.
“Brian, I really think the both of you are over reacting. The woman is 60 years old! What do you think she’s going to do?”
“Zoe, that doesn’t matter. This is for your own protection.” He said and simply refused to acknowledge her. Cleaners were odd. They could simply turn their minds off to you and you simply didn’t exist to them until they wanted to focus on you. Zoe crossed her arms in anger and threw herself down on the sofa.

Gabriel rushed through the door a few minutes later.
“Zoe!” he screamed. Then he saw her pouting on the sofa and he knew that Brian had stopped her. He lightly touched Brian’s arm and saw his pupils’ diatlate and focus.
“Good you’re here” Brian said as he turned to leave.
“Oh know you don’t!” Zoe screamed at Brian. “I want to know who you both think you are forbidding me from leaving the apartment!”
“Zoe calm down.” Gabriel pleaded. “None of us know what happened to that girl from the agency and all we want is to prevent the same thing from happening to you!” Zoe looked at her fiancé’. She understood the need for caution, but it was just so frustrating. If she were a vampire, they would have let her go! But Gabriel said he wasn’t ready to turn her!
“Fine. Then turn me and it won’t matter!” She said looking at both of them.
Brian quickly turned toward the door.
“Not my area.” He said simply and walked out the door closing it behind him. Gabriel walked over towards her.
“Zoe, what is this about? Where is this coming from?” he asked taking hold of her hands.
“What this is about is me being the odd man out! I am the only mortal in a building filled with vampires! All of you share things everyday that I can’t. And you keep it to yourselves. Now along comes your father who has actually included me in on something for once and you two block me from doing anything other than being the damsel in distress that you get to rescue!” She shouted. Gabriel held his head down. He hadn’t really thought about it like that before. How lonely it must be for Zoe, being in this building filled with Kostan Industries employees most were vampires. Because this had always been Gabriel’s world he couldn’t see how secretive and exclusionary it could be for mortals.
“Zoe, honey. I’m sorry. Why didn’t you tell me this before?” he asked.
“Gabe how could you not know?” She asked. And she was right. He had all of these mind abilities, and he didn’t even use them to sense that the woman he loved felt bad.
“You’re right. I’m your boyfriend’ I should have known.” He said as he gave her a hug. “Ok. From now on you are included in every decision. Every plan. And I will call Balthazar personally and tell him that consideration for your turning has to come sooner rather later” Gabriel said firmly. Zoe squealed and threw her arms around his neck.
“Thank you Gabe!”

Lulu wait at the agency for the girl to come. It had been an hour and she still had not arrived. Something had prevented her from coming. Most likely it was the guardian. Something would have to de done about that man. He would become a nuisance. She locked up the agency and went home. She would have to hurry, she didn’t have much time left.

“Is everything alright?” Nicole asked as soon as Brian came through the door of their apartment.
“Yes. Gabriel was worried that Zoe was about to do something incredibly stupid which she was” he said. “ I think that being around vampires all the time has led her to believe that she cannot be hurt.”
“And of course you were there to remind her” Nicole joked.
“Yes. She did not like being reminded. She wants to be turned.”
“Well that’s no surprise. Gabriel has known that for some time now right?”
“Yes, but her desire is so strong that she may put herself in harms way to achieve her goal.”
“Well the desire to have the perpetual cool of a vampire would be strong in anyone” Nicole said with a smile.
“You have not expressed a desire”
“I’m happy with whatever you choose. If you wish me to join you then I will. If you wish me to stay mortal then I will. My turning will be your choice.”
Brian looked down at the beautiful woman standing in front of him. She had done the exact opposite of Zoe. She placed the entire decision into his hands and would accept whatever the outcome. Which made it very hard for Brian and very easy for Nicole. She was one clever young woman he thought.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

They are getting this barrier resolved much sooner than I expected. I wonder if Zoe will get Brian and Gabe to go with her to see Lulu. Her employer can't get by both of them.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Brian, Gabriel and Zoe all were call to the agency the next day to participate in “Go-See’s” where they took their portfolios to different photographers who would then place them in various jobs.
Zoe got chosen by the very first photographers she saw. Gabriel got chosen after a couple and Brian was also chosen. They were given addresses on where to show up the following day and to share the information with no one which Brian thought right away was bad idea. He communicated to Isabelle to follow Gabriel and Zoe.

Mick was inside his car not parked from the agency listening from the bug he had planted in the office. Something was seriously wrong with Lulu Ford. Most times she sounded like she was smart, knowledgeable and witty. And other times when someone asked her a question about something basic she couldn’t answer or she stumbled the answer out like she wasn’t sure. It was like she had a spit personality.

Lulu left the office for the lab. She spoke to the strange man.
“The girl will be here tomorrow. I have checked her records and she is definitely 18 years old. Tell me that nothing will go wrong this time.” She pleaded.
“Alas Lulu. You have nothing more to give me. Why should I do this for you?” the man said.
“I have given you the girls!” Lulu yelled in disbelief.
“The girl's are nice to be sure, but they can be acquired quite easily. What else do you have to offer me? Do you have the boy?”
“I can get him” she said. “Tomorrow morning I will bring him to you” she said breathlessly, The man looked at her with interest.
“Done!” he said. “let us shake on it” he said to her and held out his hand.
Lulu held out her hand to him. “Tomorrow, bring me the boy, and you shall have what you want. What you need.” He said with a laugh
Lulu touched her face and felt that the wrinkles had returned and were even deeper this time. They would have to run the test tomorrow night without fail!

Mick stayed parked outside the modeling agency. He saw Lulu return. He got out of his car and caught up with her.
“Mrs. Ford. Can I speak to you?” He said lightly touching her arm.
“I’m sorry, I don’t have time right now” she said trying to find her keys to the building. In her haste she dropped the keys and Mick bent down to retrieve them. He looked up at her.
“Mrs. Ford? Are you alright?” He asked. Her face…..it looked like she had aged 30 years in a couple of days! “What happened to you?” Mick asked in surprise.
“Stop looking at me!” she screamed and ran away down the street. Mick pulled out his cell phone and called Gabriel.
“Gabe, its dad. Get everyone together including Isabelle and meet me at my place.” He said and hung up.

By the time Mick had arrived home everyone was waiting for him.
“Dad what’s going on?” Gabriel asked.
“I just ran into Lulu Ford and she looked like she had aged 30 years! Isabelle does that sound like anything to you?” Isabelle nodded slowly.
“The Veselie have returned” She said. Brian looked up sharply.
“You mean the rest of Lucius’ clan?” Brian asked.
“Yes. The Veselie are tricksters. It seems that with their bloodline dying, Lulu has been trading girls for some sort of youth remedy.”
Mick looked at Zoe.
“So you think that this clan is turning these girls to keep up their numbers?”
“Yes” Isabelle said. “With very young and beautiful girls amongst them, they can attract more men, which is what they need”
“I don’t understand” Zoe said. “If they’re vampires they can turn whoever they want, why go through this big rouse to get girls?”
“They are collectors. I am sure that if you check Lulu’s financials you will find that she has given already close to everything she has over to the Veselie. I think that her advanced age is proof that she has no more to offer them.”
“And this clan, they already know about Brian? “ Mick asked although it was more of a statement. Isabelle nodded.
“They set us up. I bet Lulu told Heather’s family to hire me. She was trying to draw me in to get closer to Brian!” Mick exclaimed.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

At least the girks Lulu traded for her eternal youth are still alive in one form or another. It makes sense that there be different vampire abilities, just as we mortals differ in gifts and talents.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

“They want to separate us. Each of us are being sent to a different part of town tomorrow”
“We can’t possibly go now!” Gabriel said thinking of the danger Zoe would be in.
“I think you should little one.” Isabelle said quietly.
“Why?” Gabriel said standing up. “I’m not going to let Zoe risk being killed by some deranged vampire gypsy!”
“Who said she would be killed?” Brian said understanding Isabelle’s train of thought. Gabriel looked at his dad and he understood. Zoe would have to be turned tonight. As in now!

Gabriel walked over to Zoe and held her hand.
“Do you understand what they are saying?” Gabriel said looking into her eyes. Zoe nodded her head.
“Yes”
“Are you sure you’re ready for this?” He asked.
“Gabe, I was ready the day you told me.” She said smiling. Gabriel looked over at his father.
“I may need your help with this” he said softly. Mick nodded and led them both to the guest bedroom and shut the door.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is different (and forgive my lack of vampire knowledge, the extent of it is Moonlight.) I thought that after one is Turned, they are essentially a newborn for a while, learning how to use their new senses and barely able to cope with their new reality for a while. Sp here, Zoe will be Turned and wake up with all her vampire abilities under full control.

Maybe this will have something to do with Gabe turning her. Gabe is special and different in many ways. She will really be a member of the St. John clan now!

Thank you!
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

I'm not really sure since I'm just kind of throwing in a bunch of vampire genres (mainly The Kindred) but I think I'm going to stay with your verison becuase it's more true to Moonlight. I do remember Mick explaining why it was so easy for newbies to become rogues without a sire to teach them in the first 48 hours of turning, I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong). But the main purpose of turning Zoe was so she could not be killed or harmed. Not necessarily to help them with the gypsies.

But having Gabe's blood inside her will make for some very interesting stories in the future! :chin:

Return to “Ella713's Office”