A place for Ella713's G to PG-13 stories
Ella713
Courtesan

Growing Pains II By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Growing Pains II
The Life and Times of Brian Petzer
By Ella713 Rated PG

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Brian was what was known as the poor kid. The only reason why he attended Harvard-Westlake Prep was due to a scholarship program.
Before he qualified for a quality education, he was just a fat kid with glasses who lived in what was known as welfare row. A dirt poor neighborhood where everyone was on some sort of government assistant.

His father was a former railroad worker who had a back injury on the job and collected disability. It was enough to keep in the 1 bedroom ranch style house they lived in. His mother worked periodically here and there but mainly they drank and sat in front of the television not even speaking to each other much less him.

Brian stayed out of their way. While they never hit him or abused him, he knew that things like that usually came hand in hand with drinking. So he tried to make himself as useful as possible. He always kept the dishes washed, the bathroom cleaned and the garbage and bottles that were quick to clutter the tiny house were all rinsed and taken outside to the recycling bin.
Then he’d sit on the back porch all evening and study.

It was his teacher who suggested that he take the prep school scholarship test. This could be his great opportunity to get away from all of the filth and rubbish that was his life. Sometimes his folks could be really nice. Like when they received the letter that he was had gotten the scholarship, his mom had told his father to give her some money so their son wouldn’t be going to school looking like a bum. She took him to the neighborhood discount store and bought him some really good jeans and some nice shirts. And a pair of Nikes! Brian had never been so happy before in all his life.

Then he met Gabriel St. John. That’s when his life changed forever. Who would have thought that vampires really existed. Not only existed but had children!

When Gabriel became his best friend, his whole life changed. People no longer laughed at him or made fun of him. No one pushed him around or beat him up or snickered behind his back when he walked down the hall.
Gabriel had introduced him to really nice kids like Franklin and Kyle and Zoe. They hung out together and went to the movies or hiking. He didn’t have to spend as much time at home anymore. Sometimes he would stay at Gabriel’s place for a whole week and his folks never cared and never worried. He’d walk in and his mom would glance over at him through whiskey soaked eyes and say.
“I was wondering where you were”
That was it. That was his life.

Now he was 16 and getting ready to start out on his own. Josef had offered him a position at Kostan Industries in spite of his age. In the three years that they had known each other they had accumulated several billion dollars. Josef had set up a trust for Brian with 80 million dollars in it. What other 16-year-old had that kind of wealth? But now he had to make a choice.
Brian had no problem with becoming a vampire. In fact since he had discovered that they existed, he thought about it all the time. He even went the Zoe route and sat with Isabelle over a few weeks learning everything about them. But now Josef wanted an answer. Brian told him in one week he would be ready. He wanted to say goodbye to his folks who would be too drunk to know what he was saying. And he wanted to have sex as a mortal to know what that first feeling of intimacy felt like. Josef agreed and everything was in place.

He would have a small condo in the same building as Josef and his other employees. He would work for the firm when he was needed no matter what the time. He would conduct himself in a professional sophisticated way at all times. And finally, Kostan’s word was final! Piece of cake Brian thought. He had in fact been doing that for three years already!
Last edited by Ella713 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jen
Cleaner

Re: Growing Pains II By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by jen »

This look at Brian's backstory is so sad!

I was sure that he would become a vampire at some point when you mentioned how well he worked with Josef.

Hope being forever sixteen works out better for him than it did the teenage vampire in Arrested Development.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I don't think it's prudent to turn him at that age. Maybe it would be better to work for Josef as a mortal for a while, at least 8-10 years longer. It would make his immortal life so much easier.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Brian and Gabriel sat in Gabriel’s apartment.
“Are you sure you’re ready for all of this Brian? You can’t change your mind after it’s done you know?” Gabriel said.
“First of all Gabe, why would anyone want to undo it?” he asked.
“I don’t know. I just think you have this romanticized view of it in your mind. It’s not easy Brian.”

“I know. I’ve seen what you and Zoe went through, but I’ve also seen and met some amazing vamps in the process. The whole vampire thing is the easy part. It’s the letting go of things that will be kind of hard.”
“Like what?” Gabriel asked.
‘Food. That’s important. You’ve never tasted it so you don’t know. But trust me…..it’s a hard decision”
Gabriel shrugged his shoulders.
“Are you coming with me and Zoe to the concert?” he asked.
“Um…not sure yet. I think Josef wants me to work on something for him.”
Gabriel sighed. Brian was always working for Josef! Sometimes it felt like he was more Josef’s friend than his friend. Seeing the hurt in his friend’s eyes, Brian quickly tried to make it up to him.
“Ok listen, I’ll try to make it. I promise. And if I don’t you can yell at Josef and tell him to make it up to you!” he laughed.
“Alright fine” he laughed.

Gabriel was enrolled at Stanford and Zoe was still at Harvard-Westlake Prep begging Gabriel to turn her. She hated to be separated from him. Gabriel didn’t like it either, but with the turning of Brian which would happen in a week’s time the turning of yet another mortal would have to wait a while.
Brian had been accepted to Stanford on early admissions, but turned it down for the opportunity to work with Josef. Gabriel really couldn’t blame him. It was the job of a lifetime. And at his age, it was The job of his lifetime.
There were wheels in motion where Brian was concerned and Gabriel knew very little of it, but he knew that it based on his ability to read the stock market and predict trends. Even Balthazar said that Brian’s abilities were of the utmost importance to the vampire community. It all came down to secrecy. And a lot of money could buy a lot of secrecy. With already three vamps in the senate and one inching his way into the white house money was important. Money bought information. Josef knew this and now he had another to teach it to.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Isabelle looked at the documents in front of her in disbelief. The numbers were amazing!
“This is incredible Josef” she said finally laying the papers down
“I know. And that’s just the first quarter” he replied sitting behind his desk.
“And you have had them looked over by someone…..licensed?”
“Of course I did. The best broker in L.A. was even astounded at the rate of return.
“Will Brian decide to work for you?” Isabelle asked quietly.
“He says so. I’m willing to allow him some time. A financial genius he may very well be, but he’s still a 16 year old kid. I don’t want to rush him. He may get scared.”
“Surely not after all this time!”
“Never underestimate the things that mortals will do.” Josef said
“Indeed” was Isabelle’s reply. “I shall keep an eye on him”,

The week was going by slowly. Wasn’t that always the way? Brian thought when he woke up. When you wanted something badly, time simply lagged by slowly, but when you were dreading something, time just couldn’t wait to speed up. He and Gabriel and Zoe had spoken late into the evening about his options. Zoe like himself was all for becoming one of the undead. Only Gabriel, who was actually one of the undead, had reservations. In the end they all agreed that the pros of doing it definitely outweighed the cons of not doing it.

Instead of going to school he headed for his parents house to tell them he most likely would never see them again. His relationship with his parents had always been difficult but became even more difficult when he opted to live with Gabriel and his folks. They became so angry at the very thought that their son would want to live anywhere but with them.

If they had shown him any attention other than disinterest maybe he would have stayed. Even in those deplorable conditions. It was Josef who eased the situation by offering them money to improve their station in life. His parents readily agreed. So in part, they had sold their only child! That hurt most of all. But in any case, he still thought he owed it to them to tell them that he would no longer be around. He had spoken briefly to his mother 3 months ago. He could tell by her speech that she was drunk. Brian shook his head slowly when he turned down his street. He could see his house immediately. It was always the worse house on the block. But now it looked even like it should be condemned. With all the money they received, he could see that none of it was used to improve their lives. He saw at least a dozen cats roaming around the property. He slowly took the stairs and knocked on the door. There was no answer. He knocked louder. He heard shuffling and then someone cursed when they bumped into something. The door opened and a man stood before him that he had never seen before.
“What do you want?!” the dirty man screamed.
“I’m Brian Petzer. I’m looking for my mom” Brian said.
“Louise!! “he yelled out behind him “Your boy is here!” he yelled out as he opened the door wider and walked away. Brian slowly walked in and was nearly knocked down the smell. Booze and cat urine was soaked all through the tiny house. He placed his hand over his nose and looked around at all the squalor. His mother came slowly out of the kitchen with a glass of something that was most likely vodka in her hand.
“Well where the hell have you been?” she slurred checking her pockets for a cigarette.
“Mom. You know where I’ve been. I live with the St. Johns now.”
Her eyes glazed over and he knew she had no idea what he was saying.
“You got any money?” she asked walking towards him. Brian did have some money but he certainly wasn’t going to give it to her in her present condition!
“Mom where’s dad?” he asked looking at the strange man on the couch.
“What?’ she asked looking out the window.
“Where’s dad?” he asked louder.
“He dead. Died a few weeks ago I think.” She said absently scratching her head. “You got some money?” she asked again.
“No mom, I don’t” he said in disgust.
“You liar!” she said and slapped his face. “You come down here in your fancy clothes and your fancy shoes and say you don’t have any money for your own mother!” she screamed. The man jumped up off the sofa and grabbed Brian from behind.
“You upsetting my woman?” he yelled. Brian was scared and tried to get out of the man’s grip. “I bet he’s got money! Louise check his pockets!” the man demanded. His mom stumbled over to him and placed her hands in his pockets found his wallet and took out the cash.
“You got more boy?” the strange man asked in anger.
“No, I don’t” Brian said.
“Yeah just like you lied to your mamma and said you didn’t have no money!” he yelled and punched Brian in the face. Brian fell down to the dirty floor. Then the door flew open and there was Isabelle standing like an Amazonian warrior. She deftly snapped the man’s neck then grabbed his mother by the neck and easily tossed her across the room where she slammed hard against the wall.
“Come with me Brian. This place is dead to you” she said and held her hand out to him. Brian took her hand and she led him outside to her car. Brian had tears in his eyes as he got into Isabelle’s swank red sports car. Isabelle went back into the house and came back out with his wallet and his money.
“They do not need money anymore.” She said as she started the car and drove away. Brian looked over at the beautiful vampire.
“Isabelle, thank you so much” he said quietly.
She turned to look at him.
“You smell of cats” she said as she sped down the street.
Brian started to laugh for the first time since waking up.
Last edited by Ella713 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Poverty and desperation in equal measures have made a toxic combination, and Brians mother seems a willing prisoner. If Gabe could pay her a visit and plant a positive suggestion in her mind...

Thank you!
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

After taking two showers to erase the cat smell that seemed to cling to his pores, Brian made his way downstairs. Beth was just coming in.
“Hey Brian” she said as she put her things down on the table. “Why aren’t you in school?” she asked remembering that it was Tuesday and looking at her watch.
“I caught the bus to go visit my parents” he said quietly. Beth immediately walked towards him and placed her arm around him.
“How did it go?” she asked as she led him to the sofa.
“Well, my dad is dead according to my mom. She has a new boyfriend who punched me in the face and tried to rob me” he said with grim smile. Beth’s eyes were as wide as saucers as she turned his face around and saw the beginnings of a bruise near his eye.
“He what! Oh Brian honey!” she exclaimed going immediately into “mommy mode”
“I’m okay Mrs. St. John. Isabelle followed me there and took care of the situation.” He said.
“And how did she take care of it?” Beth asked.
“She took care of in a way that was way better than they deserved” he said. Beth understood. His mother was dead.
“Are you sure you’re alright?”
“Yes. It hurt, but……it’s all over now. I’ve got my own future to worry about now.” Beth knew that Brian’s mind was made up as was Zoe’s but she thought they were way too young for a turning. Brilliance aside, Brian was just a kid.
“So you’ve decided.” Beth said.
“Yes mam, I have.” He said. Beth wrapped her arms around him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
“You’re so impatient” she said and hugged him again.

Gabriel walked in and saw his mom with her arms around Brian.
“Oh boy, who died?” he asked sarcastically.
“My mom” Brian said looking up at him.
“Oh man! I am so sorry.” Gabriel said rushing over to his friend.
“Gabe, it’s okay. I’m alright. She was dead a long time ago for me.” He said.
Gabriel put his arm around his friend.
“Come on, let’s go get you some pizza!” Gabriel said.
“You buying?’
“Of course. You’re mom just died. You think I’d let you pay?’ Gabriel joked.
“Hey! What about hi mom school is great?” Beth said with her hands on her hips looking at her son. Gabriel quickly ran over to her and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek
“Hi mom. School is great!’ he said pulling Brian out the door.

Gabriel and Brian sat at a large table with Zoe and her best friend Amy. A large sausage mushroom between them.
“So how’s college? “ Amy asked him
“It’s boring and dull” Gabriel said doing his usual picking up a slice of pizza but not eating it. “I miss my girl” he said putting his arm around Zoe.
“Well, it’s boring at school now that you’re gone. Brian’s great, but he doesn’t play sports” Amy said elbowing Brian in the ribs.
“Hey! I’m on the chess team. That’s a sport!” Brian cried.
“But you guys don’t need cheerleaders” Zoe said.
“Yes, that would spoil our concentration a bit” Brian joked

Gabriel looked at his friends. This was how life was supposed to be. Four friends making jokes over pizza. Why couldn’t things just stay that way? For some reason he thought everything would change once Brian and Zoe were turned. Sometimes he almost wished he hadn’t told them about vampires at all.

“Was it necessary to kill his mother?” Josef asked when Isabelle told him of what happened at Brain’s house.
“Yes. The mother and the boyfriend killed the father and buried him in the backyard. That I could sense. For all intents and purposes were in the process of beating and robbing Brian. I had no choice but to kill them. But I went back. They will not be found.” She said calmly
“Once a cleaner always a cleaner. Brian was okay though?”
“Yes my darling. He seemed almost relived. I sense that he will be ready even sooner because of this”
“Ahh, he hasn’t lost his virginity. And that may take a while longer.”
“I will help that process along” Isabelle said and gave Josef kiss before walking out of his office.
Nicole Denny was an intern at Kostan Industries from UCLA. She was also a sometime freshie. So when Isabelle called her to her office she was not surprised.
“Nicole. Josef and I need a favor of you” Isabelle said
“Of course” Nicole said bowing her head.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Brian was in his room studying NYSE reports when the phone rang.
“Brian! It’s for you!” Beth called out to him. He came out of his room and picked up the phone.
“Brian. Isabelle and I would like you to come to dinner at out place tonight. Do you think Mick and Beth could spare you? Josef asked.
“Sure thing Mr. Kostan.” Brian said.
“Great. I’ll pick you up at 8:00” Josef said and hung up.

Brian went to his closet to find a suit to wear. This was his first dinner with Josef and he might as well get used to being suited up all the time.
He pulled out his black suit and started to get ready.

Josef was prompt as usual and at precisely 8pm he knocked on the door.
“Josef what are doing here?” Mick asked standing back and letting his friend inside.
“I’m here to take the genius to dinner” Josef said. Brian came down the stairs looking dashing in his black suit. “There is the young executive! All suited up.” He walked towards Brian inspecting him. “You look good kid”
“Thank you Mr. Kostan” Brian said with a smile.
“Hey, Isabelle told me what happened today. I’m very sorry”
“It’s alright sir. It couldn’t be helped” Josef studied the boy wondering how much pain he was holding in.
“So where are you two going?” Beth asked.
“My place. I want Brian to meet another Kostan employee. So, are you ready to go?”
“Yes sir” Brian went over and gave Beth a kiss, waved to Mick and walked out with Josef. Beth looked worried but Mick came over and put his arms around her.
“Babe, it’s his decision. There’s nothing we can do.” Beth nodded her head but she really had come to love Brian as her own son. He was so sweet and so bright. Gabriel couldn’t have asked for a better friend. She would hate to see him lose all of that in their world…….in Josef’s world.

When they walked into Josef apartment, Isabelle was sitting down sipping a glass of champagne with a very very pretty redhead. Brian froze for a moment then tried to compose himself and not stare and make her feel uncomfortable or scared.

“Darling! Dinner will be ready shortly. Brian would you like a drink?”
Brian didn’t know how to answer. He really had never had anything other than a beer before.
“Sure. I’ll have what you’re having” he said nervously.
“Sit down” Isabelle said to him motioning to the sofa. “This is Nicole Denny. She is an intern at Kostan Industries in the Finance Department”
Brian sat down and offered his hands to the girl.
“Very nice to meet you Nicole. Uh, I’m Brian Petzer” he said.
“Oh! You’re the finance guru that everyone’s talking about!” she exclaimed
Brian blushed.
“Guru I think is putting it too strongly” he said shyly.
“I heard you saw that Kessler merger six months before it was even announced!” she said
“That was a stroke of luck. A very big stroke of luck” Brain said laughing.
“Later I would love to pick your brain on a few things, if that’s alright?” she asked shyly.
“Ummm….yeah,..yes.” he stammered.
“Well, let’s eat!” Isabelle said leading them both into the dinning room.

Brian and Nicole dined on prime rib, roasted new potatoes, and swiss chard. And all of it delicious. Brian used to feel uncomfortable eating in front of vampires knowing that food held no interest for them, but now it was no big deal and since this would soon be the last thing he ate, he intended to enjoy every minute of it. Josef kept the conversation light and lively with tales of stuffy board members and silly politicians. For the first time in Brian’s life he felt important. He was all of 16 years old and he was now sitting with the CEO of a major corporation discussing stock options and mergers and acquisitions. He felt bad that his parents would never be a part of this. They would never be proud of what he had accomplished.

“Well I probably should get going. Thank you both for inviting me” Nicole said to both Josef and Isabelle.
“Thank you so much for accepting our invitation” Isabelle said. Nicole turned to Brian.
“It was great to meet you Brian! I can’t wait to work with you!” she said shaking his hand.
“You know Nicole, why don’t you give Brian a ride home so Isabelle and I can clean up” Josef said.
“Oh sure! If that’s okay with Brian?” she said glancing hopefully in Brian direction. Brian looked at the girl and thought he would have to be a crazy man to turn down a girl like that.
“That would be great. Thank you Nicole.” Brian held up her wrap and placed it over her shoulders like he had seen Don Draper do in Mad Men and he glanced at Josef who gave him a conspiratorial wink and nod.

Nicole drove away from Josef’s penthouse and sped down the road.
“Brian, would you like to come to my place for a drink? I mean if you aren’t too tired or anything? We could discuss some stocks I’m thinking of taking a chance on” she said briefly looking over at him.
“Uh….s.sure. That sounds great.” Brian said nervously. He tried to calm his nerves but it was hard. Brian got the distinct impression that this girl really like him.

They pulled into the building where Nicole lived.
“So, you live here by yourself?” Brian asked politely.
“No I live with my friend Carrie but she’s visiting her folks in Rhode Island for a couple of weeks” she said. Josef had actually sent her roommate to the Hotel Bel Air for the evening. They made their way into the building. Her apartment was nice and had a great view of the strip down below.
“What would you like a drink?” she asked going into the kitchen.
“Whatever you’re going to have is fine.” He said sitting down on the couch. She came out in a moment later with two glasses filled with some kind of amber liquid.
“What’s this?” Brian asked.
“Jim Beam” she said handing him the glass. Brian had no idea what it was but figured he might as well try it. He drank the small amount in one gulp then immediately wished he hadn’t. His throat was on fire and he started to cough. She lightly patted him on the back.
“Brian you’re suppose to sip it not throw it back like a shot of tequila!” she said with a smile. While Brian thought the drink itself was revolting, but the feeling that came after it felt great. A warmth spread through him and he instantly felt relaxed. He sat back and looked at Nicole.
“So what stocks did you want to discuss” he asked
“Well, to be honest Brian, I didn’t really want to talk about stocks. That was just an excuse to get you to my apartment” she said taking a small sip of her drink.
“Why did you want me to come here?” Brian said obviously confused. Nicole sat her glass down on the table in front of her and turned towards him.
“I invited you over here so I could do this” Nicole grabbed his face and kissed him slow and deeply. Brian had only kissed one other girl and it had been nothing like this! Nicole not only kissed his mouth, but she also kissed his ears, his eyelids and his neck. Brian felt like he was melting next to her.

And that night Brian Petzer became a man.

Brian knew he should call Mick and Beth, but he simply couldn't will his body to leave her bed. Nicole slept on his chest, her red hair covering her face, her naked body pressed up against his. He couldn’t even think of words to describe what he had just felt. It was as if every love story and song suddenly made sense to him. He now knew what they were talking about. What they meant. He also knew that he was now ready to become a vampire.
Last edited by Ella713 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

It's so sad that his parents came to this. Now he's in love, and I really hope that Nicole doesn't break his heart. I hope she didn't just do it out of obedience to Josef, or she wouldn't be more than a hooker. If she did it because she really liked Brian even before, it's all right.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Mick called Josef when it started getting late.
“Alright Josef, how long are you going to keep Brian?”
“Mick I don’t know how to say this, but I think Brian is with a woman.” Josef said
“He’s what! What woman Josef?” Mick asked starting to become angry.
“My intern. They hit it off at dinner, then she offered to drive him home. Mick don’t worry. She knows what will happen to her if anything happens to Brian. They probably just stopped by some place for coffee or something, or went to listen to music”
“Beth is going to be furious and you’re the one that will have to deal with the fury”
“Understood. Don’t worry Mick. Brian is a smart and responsible young man” Josef said casually. Mick hung up on him because he knew he was not getting the full story. All he could do was trust that Brian would not get into any trouble.

Brian walked into the apartment with his jacket over his shoulder. Mick came out of his office.
“Would you like to explain where you’ve been all night” Mick said walking up to him. Brian said nothing but smiled to himself. Mick understood where he had been and what he had been doing all night.
“Brian please tell me you used protection” Mick asked anxiously. Brian nodded his head and grinned brightly.
“Okay lover boy go to your room. I’ll make up something to tell Beth.” He said shoving him away. Brian walked away slowly to his room.
Mick shook his head. He knew that Josef had gotten the boy laid to hasten his decision.

Brian slept most of day and Beth left work early to check up on him. Mick said he had some kind of bug so he kept him home from school.
When Beth walked into his room she felt his head. He did feel a little warm.. She would run to the store and buy him some medicine.
By the time Beth returned from the store Brian was up and shuffling towards the kitchen. His head was spinning and felt like someone had kicked it in.
“Oh! Brian lie back down honey! I’ll bring you something” Beth said.
“Thanks Beth” he mumbled. Beth sniffed looked up sharply
“Brian! You’re drunk!” she screamed. “Josef got you drunk? I’ll kill him!” she yelled.
“Beth, please don’t yell.” Brian said holding his head. “Its not Josef’s fault. It was mine. I didn’t know what Jim Beam was and I had a big drink of it” he tried to explain.
“You’re not sick! You’re hungover!” she said laying the medicine she had just purchased down on the counter. “Get back to your room you drunk and I’ll bring you some tea” she said bitterly. Brian walked slowly back to his room and closed the drapes.

Gabriel came over later that evening.
“Mom, where’s Brian. I’ve been trying to call him all day?”
“He’s in his room nursing a hangover courtesy of Josef!” Beth said. Gabriel looked shocked.
“That doesn’t sound like Brian” he said
“Go check for yourself” Gabriel walked slowly into the room that used to be his and sat down in the chair next to the bed.
“Brian. Are you alive?” he whispered. Brian slowly opened one eye and looked over at his best friend.
“Barely” he said softly.
“So you’re getting drunk now?” Gabriel asked.
“Apparently so. As well as having sex.” Gabriel look at his friend in surprise.
“You lost your virginity?” he asked
“Yep. To an older woman. College student.” Gabriel smiled down at him.
“Congratulations! Who was she?”
“An intern at Kostan Industries. Gabe, I don’t even know how it started. She was giving me a ride home, then she asked my up to her apartment. I had a vile drink called Jim Beams and the next thing I know…….”
“Holy smokes! I’m almost jealous! So I guess this means that you’re going to have Josef turn you? I mean you did everything on your list”
“Yep Gabe. I’m ready?” Gabriel looked down at his friend and shook his hand.
“Welcome to the family. Again” he said with a smile.
“Thank you Gabe.” Brian said with a grimace.
“You might want to lay off the booze though”
“You don’t have to tell me twice!”

Balthazar, Julian, Isabelle and Josef called a meeting. Their combined ages totaled 2,300 years. Balthazar spoke first.
“We have gathered here to discuss the turning of Brian Petzer” he said quietly “What say ye Julian?” Julian Corsovo stood.
“I say yes. The boy has proven himself to be not only loyal to our kind but devoted to keeping our secrecy”
“What say ye Isabelle?” Isabelle stood.
“I say yes. I have found nothing in his thoughts but respect and admiration.”
“Finally, what say ye Josef?” Josef stood before Balthazar.
“I say yes. He has a brilliant financial mind. In the three years that he has known us he has brought in billions of dollars to help secure the secrecy of out kind.” Josef, Isabelle and Julian all spoke.
“What say ye Balthazar?” Balthazar took a long time answering. This was not an easy decision. The boy while undoubtedly bright was still just a boy, in the beginning of his life. Brian’s desire to become one of them was strong. And the boy was now acquainted with many of their kind who would gladly do what he asked.
“I say yes” he finally said. “But the boy must choose his own sire”

Everyone agreed. The choice would be Brian’s
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Brian had never been grounded before. His own parents never much cared what he did or where he was, so being restricted to the St. John apartment was a little startling at first. Being actually told he couldn’t do something was a surprise. A very welcome surprise.

“You’re not supposed to look happy about being grounded” Beth said to him.
“I know. But I’ve never had anyone care about me before. I’m sorry but it feels good.” Brian said starting to tear up. Beth stared at the boy and felt his pain and loneliness. She walked over to him and gave him a hug with tears in her eyes.
“Mick and I love you Brian. We only want you to be happy and safe” she said kissing the top of his head. “And don’t think that just because you made me cry you’re not still grounded!” she said with a smile.
Brian smiled through his tears and shrugged his shoulders.
“It was worth a shot” he joked.

Nicole was nervous all day. What if someone found out what she did? She didn’t know about the laws in the vampire community but in her world it was called statutory rape! And there wasn’t a prosecutor in the world that would care if he was a genius or not. She was 19 and Brian was 16. Her career would be over before it began. It was rather sad when she thought about it. After all the stupid boys she had dated the best out of the entire bunch would be a 16 years old kid! Talk about irony.

Mick stopped by Josef’s office later that afternoon.
“Hey Mick” he said looking up briefly while he signed some papers his assistant held in front of him.
“You got Brian drunk Josef?” Mick asked
“W-What?” Josef said looking at Mick in surprise. “I most certainly did not get Brian drunk. He had a small glass of champagne with dinner and that’s all”
“Who’s the girl?” Mick said taking the chair in front of Josef.
“Nicole Denny. A nice very pretty intern who is going to be responsible for most of his training here at the office. I thought they should meet and get to know each other since they’ll be spending the bulk of their time together.” Josef explained.
“Okay. Look me in the eye and tell me this wasn’t about pushing him into being a vampire?” Josef looked at Mick for a few seconds. There was a time when Josef could tell Mick an outrageous lie right off the bat. But now that Mick’s new gift had surfaced, Josef was finding that to be exceedingly difficult.
“It wasn’t entirely about his turning.” Josef said looking away from Mick’s eyes.
“Josef!” Mick started to say but Josef interrupted him.
“Mick you have to understand that there are bigger issues at hand. Even the counsel in Vienna wants Brian turned. This is no longer just a simple turning. Brian’s ability has brought a lot of attention. And not all of that attention is good attention. Just like humans there are good vampires and bad vampires. And the bad vampires want Brian as well. We have to turn him to protect him! We all agree he’s too young, but our hands are tied.”
Mick had never thought about that before. He had never realized that Brian’s money making abilities would attract so much attention.
“Now think about someone like Lance coming for Brian!” Josef said.
“God Josef! You’re right! So that’s why you wanted him to live in your building and work at Kostan Industries! It wasn’t just about the money!”
“Don’t get me wrong Mick, the money is nice, but no one wants to see the boy hurt. Isabelle and the other cleaners can sense a threat better if he’s close”
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Brian knows what he wants. Josef, Isabel, Juian and Balthazar are on baord, too, but I'm a bit surprised at not waiting for full adulthood. Ican totally understand not wanting to see him spend too much more time in the educational system--his kind of smarts will get noticed and make it harder to disappear, but hiding him away in a protected environment.

Anyway, you're driving this bus and I'm on board!

:flowers: :hearts:
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

“Okay. What can I do?’ Mick asked. Now seeing the large picture.
“Assure him. Keep his fears at bay. Let him know that he can count on you and Beth at anytime. Brian has been tossed aside his whole life, you have to make sure he knows that he’s part of a family.” Josef said.
“Well Beth grounded him if that helps?” Mick joked
“Yeah. Actually, I believe it will.” Josef laughed.

Mick got home later and saw that both Brian and Beth were sitting down watching Law and Order reruns.
“Hi honey!” Beth said “How was your day?”
“Eye opening” Mick said slowly.
“Uh oh….Brian will you excuse us for a moment” Beth said.
“Babe no. Brian needs to be a part of this conversation.” Brian sat back down and became very frightened. Maybe Mick was sending him away! Damn! Why did he have to be so stupid and get drunk? Brian felt the tears well up in his eyes as he looked down. Mick immediately went over and sat next to him.
“Hey! What’s wrong?” He asked placing his hand on his back.
“You’re gonna send me away. Right?” he said
“No!” Mick said in anger. “Brian we are most definitely not sending you away! Until you start working for Josef, your place is here with us! You’re family, do you understand?” Brian looked at Mick in surprise then put his arms around him and cried all the tears he had never cried as a child. Everything came gushing out of him in huge waves and he couldn’t stop it. Mick rubbed his back softly and waited for him to be done.

When he had wiped away his last tear Mick looked at him.
“What I want to talk about is your turning. I spoke with Josef and they have all decided that you should choose your own sire. And quite frankly I agree.”
Brian looked confused for a moment.
“Does it matter that much who turns me?”
“Brian as you know, different bloodlines are capable of different things, like Gabriel and I and the mind control and Isabelle and cleaners or Balthazar and the Ancients. These are all things for you to consider” Mick explained.
“What do you think I should do?” Brian asked.
“Well Brian I’m just going to tell you. Your unique money making ability has gained a lot of attention in the vampire world. And some of the vamps noticing are not the nicest. They have their own agenda. So in my opinion, I think you should be sent to Dragos. He is the head of the Nosferatu bloodline. They are a warrior bloodline. Isabelle’s bloodline. I think this will help protect you.” Brian sat staring in the distance for some time before speaking.
“Where is this Dragos?” he finally asked.
“Only a cleaner would know the location. Isabelle would have to take you”
“How long would I be gone?”
“I don’t know. Very little is known of that bloodline. They are very secretive, but you have seen Isabelle in action. You’ve seen what she can do.
There aren’t many of us that can compete with her.” Mick said. Brian nodded his head. He understood but he was sad. He was thinking about going God knows where to be killed and then trained as some kind of vampire warrior. It was a lot to think about. But if someone was coming after him, it may be his only choice.
“Okay Mick. I choose Dragos” he said. Mick and Beth both hugged him tightly.
“And we’ll be right here waiting for you when you return” Beth said to him.
“Thank Beth” he said.
“No. Thanks mom” she said to him holding his face and looking into his eyes.
“Thanks mom!” Brian cried.
Last edited by Ella713 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Gabriel paced the airport frantically before Zoe yanked his hand and made him sit down.
“Gabe, you’re going to walk a hole in the carpet” she teased.
“I know. It’s just been 15 months! I’m anxious to have my best friend back.” Gabriel explained.
“He’ll be here soon” she said holding his hand in here.

Brian was happy when the plane finally landed in LAX. He felt like he had been gone for years instead of just little over a year. He missed his friends. He missed his family. He missed Los Angeles. He stood up to grab his bag and started to walk off the plane. Gabriel and Zoe heard his flight number over the PA system and stood up and searched the faces that were coming through the door.

Brian had grown 2 more inches making him almost as tall Gabriel. His fair blonde hair was a darker brown which happened to the Dragos bloodline. He was dressed in all black. Gabriel barely noticed him. It was Zoe who pointed him out. She jumped up and down and shouted his name. Brian looked over, took off his sunglasses and smiled his wide lopsided smile. Gabriel and Zoe ran over to him. Brian first picked Zoe up and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
“Zoe! Wow! I mean wow!” he said staring at her in wonder. Then he turned to Gabriel who walked over to him and embraced him.
“Welcome home brother” He said.
“I’m glad to be back” Brian replied.
“Wow Brian! You look like James Bond!” Zoe said taking in the height and strength that he had accumulated. Brian laughed.
“And you look like a fashion model! And well…..Gabe was always the pretty boy!” he said punching him lightly on the shoulder.
“Handsome will suffice!” Gabriel joked. “Come on let’s get the rest of your luggage”
“This is it” Brian said showing him the backpack.
“Oh yeah. I forgot, cleaners travel light. So where do you want to go first?”
Gabriel was silent for a few seconds.
“I’d like to see mom and dad” he said quietly.
Zoe looked confused because she knew that his parents were both dead, but one look at the warm exchange between Gabriel and Brian and she realized he was talking about the St. Johns.
“Let’s go see the folks then!” Gabriel said leading the way to his car.

Isabelle knocked lightly on Josef’s office door.
“My darling. Brian has returned” she said. Josef quickly hung up the phone.
“Where is he now?” He asked.
“Most likely on his way to see Mick and Beth”
“What are we waiting for?” he said with a smile and grabbed his jacket.

Gabriel kept looking in the rearview mirror at his friend. He had certainly changed. Gone was that twitchy nervous boy and in his place was a tall confident young man. His posture was straight and ridged very much like Isabelle. Even his demeanor was that of a cleaner. Serious, focused and no nonsense. This would take some getting used to.
Zoe kept looking back at him wondering when she would get a chance to get him alone so he could tell her about the turning she desperately wanted.

Gabriel knew when he pulled into the parking garage of their building that Isabelle was waiting inside. His mentor’s thoughts were always in his head. For as long as he could remember. He parked the car and they all got into the elevator. As soon as the elevator door opened there was Beth standing with arms wide open.
“Brian!” she screamed. Brian ran over and hugged her tightly and picked her up.
“Hi mom!” he said. He saw Mick come out the apartment. “Hi dad!” he said with emotion. Gabriel thought that Brian might cry but then realized that cleaners rarely if ever allowed that emotion to creep through. Everyone went into the apartment. Josef was there with an out stretched hand.
“Welcome back Brian! How do you feel?”
“Ready to get back to work sir” he said with seriousness.
Isabelle said nothing. She simply looked at him, but Beth knew that she and Brian were speaking to each other telepathically. Isabelle then gave a small smile and hugged him.
“Okay, let’s all have a drink!” Josef said heading towards the kitchen to grab a bottle of champagne. After pouring everyone a glass they got down to business.
“First things first. Balthazar wants to meet with you tonight. Second, your apartment is all ready for you. I want you to meet me tomorrow morning so I can show you where you’ll be working, and after that you’ll meet with Isabelle who will inform you on security.”
“Wait does he have to meet with Balthazar tonight?” Beth said hoping she could have sometime alone with just the family.
“I’m sorry Beth. But I don’t think it will take a long time.” Beth sighed heavily. She knew that there was no use in becoming angry over things that had already been decided.

Tomas watched carefully. The boy had returned to Los Angeles. Most likely he had been turned, but by whom they might not ever know. It was of little matter. Balthazar could only do so much. This boy was important according to his boss and his capture was imminent.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Oh, no!

Capture imminent? That doesn't sound good, but it looks like Mick's suggestion that Brian be Turned by Isabel's bloodline is going to pay off sooner than later.

Even if this Tomas succeeds in capturing Brian, he now has a new family, one that will move heaven and earth to get him back.

Besides, Josef has plans...

Thank you!

Return to “Ella713's Office”