Growing Pains By Ella713 Rated PG

A place for Ella713's G to PG-13 stories
Ella713
Courtesan

Growing Pains By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Another love story featuring Gabriel and Zoe. Enjoy!

Moonlight Fanfiction
By Ella713
Growing Pains
Rated PG

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Gabriel always liked parking his car in back of school, preferring to take the long way to campus. He enjoyed having those few minutes to himself to help him prepare for the day. This was an exercise that his dad had taught him.

Gabriel was a high school senior at Harvard-Westlake Prep. Of course no one knew that he was just 8 years old and since he and his dad had figured out how to use their new ability, they didn’t even have to move again to explain his super growth.

It did hurt to see Zoe Reynolds though. She was his first love. His only love and she didn’t even remember him. But not a day went by that Gabriel didn’t think about the adventure they shared running away together. Now when he saw her on the elevator she simply smiled in a flirtatious way, but he could tell that she remembered nothing about him
Very much like his father Gabriel had grown to an impressive 6’1” tall. Though not as muscular as his dad, he had the lean toned look of a star swimmer (which he was) and star basketball player (which he was). He also had his father’s dark wavy hair, but his best feature was his eyes. A combination of his mom’s bright blue eyes and his dad’s mysterious hazel.

He looked up from his thoughts and saw Zoe up ahead with her best friend Amy. He longed to go over to her and put his arm around her shoulders like he used to. He missed her smell and the pink shine she always had on her lips. Most of all he missed the way her lips felt against his.

His dad was right. Being a vampire sucks!

Zoe was a freshman at Harvard-Westlake Prep and much like junior high she was the pretty popular cheerleader. She had a boyfriend who was a sophomore named Jeremy Meyer. They never left each other’s side. It was like a knife in Gabriel’s heart when he saw them together.

The only person who knew about his life was his best friend Brian Petzer. The shy pudgy geek that everyone had made fun of grew up to be a very good looking young man. His skin had cleared up; he ditched the glasses for contacts, and grew much taller than his former 5'2". Brian came up behind Gabriel as he was still staring at Zoe.
“Jeez Gabriel! How long are you going to keep this up?” he said swinging his backpack around to the other shoulder.
“Keep what up?” Gabriel said.
“Staring at Zoe Reynolds, that’s what.” Gabriel shrugged his shoulders
“What else can I do?”
“Uh…..I have an idea….TALK TO HER!” he exclaimed.
“What am I supposed to say? Hi Zoe, I’m Gabriel. You probably don’t remember me but we used to go steady. Oh! And me and my dad erased your memory”
“Well don’t say it like that exactly. “ Brian said with a smile.
Last edited by Ella713 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Growing Pains By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by francis »

Poor Gabriel. He's turning into his dad, kind of.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Poor Gabriel!

He has to adjust to being in high school at the age of eight!

Now, no matter how wonderful Mick and Beth are as parents and how brilliant and remarkable Gabe is, there have got to be gaps in his development by aging at such a speed. I hope that slows down and stops soon when he nears the appearance of his parents' age.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

“Come on we’re going to be late for class upperclassman” Brian said rolling his eyes.

Gabriel smiled at his friend. His parents were really upset when Gabriel told them that he had let Brian in on what they were. But over time Brian had proven himself not only to be a trusted friend to Gabriel but a trusted friend to all vampires. To say Brian was genius was an understatement. Even Balthazar sang Brian’s praises. Josef even spoke of hiring Brian when he graduated. He walked past Zoe and Jeremy and tried not to look, but his eyes ended up catching Zoe’s just for a moment. She looked at him as if sensing something, but shook her head and walked to her own class.

History was Gabriel’s favorite subject and he excelled at it. It was kind of cheating that he had so many people around him who were actually a part of the Civil War or the Industrial Revolution, but his teacher was always impressed and often call on Gabriel to explain further some event that had happened.

Zoe sat in English class not paying attention as usual. She was thinking about that really cute senior Gabriel something. For an instant she thought he was looking at her like he was in love or something, but that couldn’t be. She hardly knew him. Occasionally she’d see him on the elevator in the building where they lived or pass him in the hallways, but they never spoke.
So why did she get the feeling that they had?

That evening at dinner she decided to ask her parents.
“Mom, do you know the family that lives on the 11th floor” Her mom looked over at her.
“Of course honey. The St. Johns.”
“They have a son right?” she asked
“Gabriel, or Gabe I think” her mother said. Her father who was busy reading the newspaper suddenly looked up at his lovely daughter.
“Gabriel’s a bit too old for you Zoe” he said simply, but Zoe got her father’s meaning. Stay away.
“Oh dad! I wasn’t thinking of dating him! It’s just I get this feeling that I know him” she tried to explain.
“Well, of course you know him honey or know of him, doesn’t he live right upstairs? You’ve probably passed him numerous times” he mother said.
“Yeah, I guess that’s it” Zoe said under her breath. Why did she have this feeling that something was missing?

The next morning Gabriel was up early. His usual routine was to leave early to avoid running into Zoe on the elevator. He watched as the numbers went lower and as fate would have it, the elevator stopped on the 7th floor. Zoe Reynolds’ floor. Gabriel closed his eyes and prayed that it was just some other early riser.

“Hi Gabriel? Right? That’s your name I mean. I’m Zoe Reynolds” he heard her sweet voice say. He slowly opened his eyes and turned to face her. She looked beautiful as always.
“Uh….nice to meet you Zoe” he stammered as he wished the elevator would go faster so he could escape. But Zoe would have none of that. She reached over and pushed the stop button. The elevator immediately halted.
“I want some answers” she said with her arms folded in front of her.

Gabriel looked at her in surprise.
“Okay…..answers to what?” he asked.
“I want to know why I feel like we know each other. Like I’ve known you for a long time?” She said looking directly at him.
“Zoe we live in the same building. Have been for a long time.” He offered.
“Then how come last night I had a very vivid memory of us eating sloppy joes? Explain that!”
Gabriel frowned. Zoe was getting her memory back. Something was wrong. That shouldn’t be happening.
“I can’t…..explain that Zoe. You were having a dream. I can’t possibly explain someone else’s dreams”
“I was wide awake Gabriel”
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Fabulous!

We see the magic of Mick and Beth's meeting all over again between Zoe and Gabe.

Interesting. The mind of a child is very flexible and is still developing. I'll bet it is a lot more reliable to erase the memories of an adult than a child. Children are sponges--they absorbe everything and are learning about the world around them.

Looking forward to where this goes!

Thank you!
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Gabriel thought about what Zoe told him that morning in the elevator. It just couldn’t be possible. So far he and his dad had managed to harness both of their abilities and pretty much erase all the information that would be hard for mortals to deal with. And not once had it ever reversed. Did they do something wrong? Or was their something special about Zoe?

That evening when his dad got home Gabriel decided to tell him.

“Dad I have to tell you something” he said. Mick looked at his son and knew that whatever it was he wasn’t going to like it. He sat down at the kitchen table. “Dad……Zoe’s memory is coming back.”
“What?”
“Dad she talked to me on the elevator this morning and said that she had a memory of us eating sloppy Joes together. Dad that was on my first day at school!”
“What else did she say?”
“She said she wanted to know why she felt like she had known me for a long time.” Gabriel said completely confused.
“That can’t be possible. Her parents still know nothing.”
“Maybe there’s something different about Zoe. Maybe it just doesn’t work on her for some reason. Maybe we ought to do it again.”
“Yeah, you’re right. Only this time we call Isabelle too.” Mick said finally.

Isabelle was very interested in what Mick had told her over the phone and she was pretty sure that she knew the reason why this was happening.

“Do you think that if we all tried together we could take these memories from Zoe completely”? Mick asked. Gabriel, who saw the reason for what his dad was proposing, was also heartbroken at Zoe not remembering anything about him.
“Mick, I think the problem is not that it was done incorrectly or insufficiently, but it lies in the mental capacity of Zoe herself. You are talking about a young girl who had very strong feelings of love for Gabriel. These are memories that will continue to come back as long as she and Gabriel see each other. That cannot be stopped. We must think of something else.” Isabelle said.
“Dad, don’t get mad; but how about we just tell her?” Gabriel said with hope in his heart. The thought of having Zoe by his side again taking importance over everything.
“Gabe. I know your feeling for Zoe. I get it I understand. I had the same feeling for your mom. But Beth was an adult and it was hard for her to keep my secret. You’re talking about a 14 year old. She won’t understand the importance of it. And you know what could happen to her if she broke her promise.” Gabriel did know but he just couldn’t see Zoe breaking a confidence. Especially one to him.
“Say we all try to probe her mind again and it doesn’t work. What will we do then?” Gabriel asked hoping that they wouldn’t say something awful like she had to be killed.

The next day Gabriel felt sick. Not physically ill or anything but sick in his heart. He, his father and Isabelle had pulled their mental energies together as one and took out all memories of Gabriel away from Zoe. From the very beginning to the present. He felt ill knowing that in a few moments he would see her on the elevator and she would not know who he was again. He felt the tears build up in his eyes and let them flow freely. He would never love anybody again he told himself.

The elevator stopped on the seventh floor like he knew it would. He quickly brushed away his tears and waited for the doors to open. Zoe was standing in front of him looking beautiful with her blond hair hanging in soft waves. She stared at him for a few seconds and then ran into his arms.
“Gabriel! I love you! I remember everything! We went to your parent’s cabin. We kissed in the hot tub. We ran away together…….!” She said in between sobs. “I don’t understand. It’s like I lost time!” she said burying her face in the softness of his sweater.
Gabriel held her in his arms and inhaled the sweet smell of her. He didn’t know why the mind probe didn’t work and frankly he didn’t care. He had her and he wasn’t going to let her go. He pulled her away from him.
“Zoe, we need to talk.”
“Ok Gabriel.” She said smiling.
“Let’s go back to the cabin. This may take a while” he said grabbing her hand as the elevator doors opened to the garage.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Ho boy.

When you are eight you really live dangerously.

Nothing against fourteen year old Zoe, but both of them are playing with fire and I agree that they are both very young and not yet ready to handle this big secret.

The world Zoe used to live in is not the world of reality here, and Gabe is putting her in danger by making her party to all that knowledge. I hope that he tells her everything and then gives her the choice, and that she makes him promise to tell her again in a few years.

This could be exactly like when Beth saw Mick at the fountain, leaning against his car and telling him that he looked familiar and Gabe will say, 'maybe I've just got one of those faces...'
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Mick hoped Gabe was okay. He had never seen his son so heartbroken before. It was like his spirit was slowly sucked out him as they went into Zoe’s mind to erase him from her memory. He hated seeing his son hurt this way, but being a vampire was mostly about sacrifice. Who was Mick kidding? Being a vampire was ALL about sacrifice.

Gabriel and Zoe pulled up to the cabin after they stopped to purchase food.
“Wow! I still can’t believe how gorgeous this place is” Zoe said as she stepped out of the car.
‘You really remember it?” Gabriel asked
“You know, last night I was thinking about you really hard and all of a sudden my mind was flooded with of these images. At first I was confused but then it made perfect sense. Those memories were real. They happened.” She said as she climbed the steps to the front door. She turned around slowly. “Gabriel, what does all this mean?” she asked.
He opened up the door and ushered her inside.
“Have a seat Zoe. This is all going to sound really out there, but…..well…I’m a vampire” Gabriel said closing his eyes. Zoe sat perfectly still waiting for Gabriel to scream April Fools, but it wasn’t April. Not even close to April. She looked at his face and saw that he had his eyes closed tightly and she knew that he meant what he said.
“A vampire.” She said quietly. Gabriel opened his eyes and stared straight at Zoe. He barred his fangs. Zoe didn’t jump or run away or scream.
She just stared at Gabriel and said
“Holy cow!” Gabriel retracted his fangs and held his head down, ashamed of what he was. Zoe dropped down on her knees in front of him.
“Hey, Gabriel” she said quietly looking up at him. “Thank you for telling me. And that doesn’t change my feelings for you. Nothing you could say would ever change my feelings for you.” She said cupping his chin.

Gabriel looked at her disbelieving.
“Aren’t you going to ask me if I’m going to drink your blood?” he said sarcastically.
“No. Why would I ask that? Look Gabriel, you just told me something that I know is a big deal. Let’s not make it into a whole Twilight drama okay. I’m glad that you trusted me with this.” She said. Gabriel focused on her mind and knew that she was sincere and honest.
“Oh Zoe!” he said as he hugged her. “Thank you! Thank you so much!” he said.
“You’re welcome silly!” She said in her usual teasing manner that Gabriel loved so much. Zoe sat down crossed legged on the floor. “So, are your parents’ vampires too?” she asked.
“Yeah. And my tutor and my uncle Josef”
“So are you like 300 years old?”
“Nope. I’m 8 years old” he said. Zoe’s mouth opened wide.
“You’re kidding?” she said in surprise.
“No. Vampire kids grow fast.”
“You’re telling me!” she joked. “How do you get your blood? I mean do you guys just go out and bite people like in the movies?”
“No. I’ve never bit anyone. We get our “food” from a friend of my dad’s. He works in a blood bank or something.”
“Does anybody else know?”
“Yeah Brian Petzer knows….and now you” Gabriel said hoping she wouldn’t get mad that he hadn’t told her first.
“How come I didn’t remember you?’
“Well Zoe….me and my folks aren’t the only vampires in Los Angeles. There are vampires all over the world. And the more powerful ones are the ones in charge. They don’t like mortals knowing our secret. You could even be put to death if they found out you know. My dad and I have some kind of mind control ability so we tried to erase those memories from you but it stopped working. So you can’t tell anybody! I mean anybody! Not even Amy”
Zoe quickly stood up and sat on Gabriel’s lap.
“I would never squeal on you or your parents! You secret is safe with me.” She said kissing him gently on the lips.
“What about Jeremy?” Gabriel asked suddenly.
“I’ll break up with him silly!” she said and smiled brightly at him.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

I hope things work out well, I really do.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Gabriel and Zoe drove back to Los Angeles hoping to catch their last two classes.
The first thing that Zoe did was find Jeremy. She pulled him quietly into a corner and told him that she didn’t want to see him anymore. Jeremy was livid. He demanded to know why she was breaking up with him. Zoe simply told him that she made the wrong decision. Gabriel was listening to Jeremy’s mind making sure that he wasn’t going to harm Zoe. He saw Jeremy grab Zoe’s arm. He focused all of his energy on Jeremy.
Jeremy dropped Zoe’s arm.
“Fine Zoe. I never should have started dating a freshman anyway” he said and abruptly walked away. Zoe smiled because she knew that Gabriel had done something to calm Jeremy down.
“Was that necessary?’ she called out to him. Gabriel poked his head around the corner.
“Definitely necessary!” he laughed. “I’ll drive you home later” he said giving her a quick kiss. Brian Petzer was just coming around the corner and saw Gabriel and Zoe very much back together like before. He ran up to Zoe.
“Hey Zoe! So you and St. John?” he asked cautiously. Zoe looked up at him with a dreamy look in her eyes.
“Yes. Me and Gabriel together. Again.” She said with emphasis. Brian looked at her in surprise.
“You….mean? Brian asked
“Yes Brian, I know.” She said and quickly gave him a conspiratorial kiss on the cheek. Brian watched as she practically floated down the hall.
“Finally!” Brian said to himself.

Gabriel was trying to decide who he should tell first. If he told his parents first they might be so angry that he wasn’t sure what they’d do. He could tell Josef, but Josef wasn’t that fond of vampire/human relationships. There was no way he was going to tell Balthazar! Then it hit him. He would tell Julian. Julian had always been of a calm mind frame. And it had been his idea all along that he and Zoe should play together. He would talk to Zoe about it after school then they would drive to Julian’s place by Venice Beach.

Julian was a solitary vamp. Devoted in his service to Balthazar. With exception to tutoring young St. John, he did very little outside of his medical studies. He had learned much in his apprenticeship with The Specialist, but now that he was no more it was Julian’s job to take his place.

So it was with complete surprise when he heard the knock on his door. He opened it to see Gabriel and his friend Zoe.
“Gabriel, Zoe! How are you both?” he said in his mild voice.
“Fine Julian. Uh…were you busy?” Gabriel asked. Julian smiled fondly at them.
“Of course not. Please come in. What can I do for you?” he asked and waited patiently to hear what they would say. Gabriel looked around nervously not really sure how he would tell an ancient. Even an ancient as friendly as Julian.
“Oh!” Julian said with comprehension. “You have shared our secret.” Gabriel pulled Zoe close to him ready to die for her if he had to.
“Julian. We tried to erase her memory. Twice! And it didn’t work!” Gabriel pleaded. Julian looked at the young girl who didn’t seem to be afraid at all.
“You’re feelings for Gabriel must be quite strong to overcome a mind probe.” Julian said impressed. “Tell me Zoe, what do you think?”
“I know that everyone thinks we’re too young, but I love him. I have always loved him. And I would rather take a razor to my own wrists than share your secret with anyone!” she said with feeling. Such mature passion for one so young, Julian thought.
“On the contrary Zoe. Over the centuries boys and girls have been married as young 11 or 12. But as you know, times have changed. But I need you to understand what it means to love one our kind. Our secrecy is what has kept us on this earth for so long. And the ancients in power will not let that become and issue. If your relationship is approved, then Zoe will be counseled in our ways and our laws. And if that goes well you will have the blessing of Ansgar and Balthazar.”
Gabriel and Zoe held hands and kissed one another.
“Thank you Julian” Gabriel said.
“Thank you Julian” Zoe said with tears in her eyes.

“Would you like me to speak with your parents?” Julian asked knowingly.
Gabriel let out a deep breath.
“Yes” he said gratefully.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

OK.

Maybe I was wrong. I certainly hope so, but individuals of that age in todays world rarely know their own mind.

There are many parallels between Mick and Beth and Gabe and Zoe.

Telling Julian sounds like he made the right call.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Gabriel and Zoe waited in her apartment until Julian told them it was alright to come up

“Oh this can’t be good” Beth said as she sat her briefcase down after seeing Mick sitting down talking to Julian. Mick motioned for Beth to join him on the sofa.

“I have some news to tell you.” Julian said carefully. “Zoe’s mind was not erased. Your method even with the cleaner’s help could not overcome the love that the young girl feels for your son. And when I say love, I do mean love. They will not give one another up and that will never happen now as she has been told about us.” Julian said.

Mick shook his head slowly and Beth just closed her eyes.
“Those stupid kids” she said to herself.
“I do not think you have cause to worry. Gabriel has chosen his mortal friends better than most vampires older than he. Mr. Petzer has proven himself invaluable and it is my belief that Miss Reynolds will do whatever is necessary to be with you son”
“There’s so much more that needs to be considered Julian. Like her family and the fact that she is only 14 years old!” Mick and Beth stopped thinking of their son as a child of 8 and saw him as a young man of 17! While vampires had no age laws humans definitely did.
“That, I’m afraid you will have to discuss with Miss Reynolds. She is quite firm and convincing in her devotion.” Julian said as he rose. “The children are downstairs in her apartment waiting to come up” he said. “Try not to be too hard on them. No one could have foreseen these circumstances.”
Julian left Mick and Beth alone.
“Babe, I can’t believe this! I could feel the energy in this room when we erased her memory. It should have worked. Especially with Isabelle.”
“Well it’s done. Let’s hear what they have to say” Beth said as Gabriel and Zoe walked carefully in.
“Hi Mr. and Mrs. St John” Zoe said a little fearfully. Gabriel held onto her hand tightly vowing that he would never ever release it.
Mick stood as the two children sat at the kitchen table.
“Julian tells us that things have changed”
“Mr. St. John, it’s all my fault. I cornered Gabriel in the elevator and told him that I remembered everything. I begged him to tell me what happened!”
‘And what did Gabe tell you?” Mick asked.
“You know……the whole Dracula thing” she said nervously

“And what do you think about that?” Beth asked.
“Mrs. St. John, I don’t care if Gabriel was the wolfman, I still love him” Zoe said passionately. Beth studied the young girl. She saw so much of herself in Zoe. So adamant, so ready to throw caution to the wind for love. And she studied her son, so much like his father but without the impetuousness. Here he was all of 17 and was ready to love this girl no matter of her human state and not caring about it!

Beth stood up.
“Since it doesn’t matter anymore. I’m going to have a drink” she said and walked to refrigerator to pour herself a glass of blood.
She took her drink back to the sofa and openly drank. Zoe watched with curiosity but was not repelled by the sight of it.
“So is this the life you want to be a part of?” Mick asked staring intently at the girl.
“If Gabriel is a part of it then yes!” she said confidently. Mick nodded. “I will tell Julian to speak with Balthazar”. He said simply.

Gabriel walked Zoe back to her apartment.
“I love you” he said.
“I love you too” she said smiling up at him. “More than anything”
She walked into her apartment and shut the door. Gabriel smiled brightly and danced down the hallway much to the surprise of old Mrs. Murphy who he swung around and kissed on the cheek.
“You stop that foolishness Gabriel!” she said in mock anger. Gabriel bowed over her hand, kissed it and danced on
Mrs. Murphy smiled at the young man.
“Love” she said smiling to herself and shaking her head..
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Well, I certainly wish them well.

As Josef would say, forever is a long time and for Gabe, forever is starting really early!
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Well Jen, the story is called Growing Pains. I don't things will be exactly easy for Gabriel and Zoe :snicker:

Gabriel loved swim practice more than basketball practice. He loved being in the water and since he really had no use for breathing it made him and excellent swimmer.

Brittany Hays always had her eyes on Gabriel St. John! Never in her life had she seen anyone like him. Tall, strong, polite and quiet. He was the perfect boy. He didn’t have a girlfriend she didn’t think. She tried to get information out of Brian Petzer, but he ignored her. She even tried to flirt with him but he told her nothing! She asked a few other people about him and they all said the same thing. He didn’t have a girlfriend and he kept to himself.
Even though she hated getting in the pool she joined the girl’s swim team just to be around him at practice. She always made sure that her boobs were perfectly adjusted in her hideous one piece suit. How she longed to wear her scarlet red bikini to swim practice but the coach would have a fit!

Gabriel was just finishing his butterfly stroke and was climbing out of the pool when a petite little blonde walked over to him and kissed him gently on the lips. Brittany watched them together. She knew vaguely who the girl was. Zoe somebody. She was a cheerleader and freshman! Why on earth would Gabriel St. John be interested in a freshman? I thought she was dating that Jeremy guy? Brittany thought to herself. She watched as Gabriel wrapped his towel around his lean muscular waist then placed his arm around Zoe and walk away from the pool.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Sounds like Zoe has decided.

If she ever looks at another guy, can Gabe make her forget? :rolling:

I'm thinking Zoe would resent any 'messing with my head' She will be able to tell.

Great story!!!

Return to “Ella713's Office”