Boys Will Be Boys By Ella713 Rated PG

A place for Ella713's G to PG-13 stories
Ella713
Courtesan

Boys Will Be Boys By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

This is brand spanking new story I just started. Enjoy!

Moonlight Fanfiction
Boys Will Be Boys
By Ella713
Rated PG

Gabriel was becoming bored and his tutor knew that when that happened the only thing to do was to stop. Julian Corsovo looked at his young pupil.
“Don’t you find history exciting?” he asked in a mild voice. Gabriel stared out the window.
“Yeah. It’s okay” he said quietly.
“Would you like to tell me what’s bothering you? You know that anything you tell me will be kept between us”. Gabriel studied his tutor carefully. Maybe he would be able to help or at least explain, Gabriel thought to himself. So he turned to face him.
“There’s this girl…..and well…she’s really pretty” he stammered. Julian smiled.
“Ahhh! You like this girl?” Gabriel nodded his head frantically. “What is her name?”
“Zoe Reynolds” he said, his cheeks turning scarlet red. “She lives downstairs”
“And you would like to spend some time with her?” Julian asked.
“Well yeah, but mom and dad said that is wasn’t a good idea. They think I’m might lose control and bite her” he said sounding frustrated.
“I see. Would you like me to speak with your parents? Maybe I could convince them that a short visit wouldn’t be such a bad idea.” Gabriel’s eyes widen in surprise.
“Would you do that?!” he asked anxiously. Julian nodded.
“Of course. But you must promise to focus on your lessons”
“I will! I promise!”
“Okay. I’ll see what I can do”
Julian studied the boy who was only 5 years old but looked to many like a normal healthy 12 year old. Who now appeared to have a 12 year old’s active hormones. He would have to speak with Balthazar. Julian remembered how powerful that drive was when he was 12 years old. And he was human! He was pretty sure in a vampire child the drive would be amplified ten fold.

“Does Gabe seem a little down in the dumps to you?” Mick asked
“I think he’s still upset over not being able to have Zoe over.”
“Still?” Mick said looking towards his son’s bedroom door.
“Mick he feels lost. He can’t be around children his own age and he’s getting frustrated.”
“I know. I know. Let’s say we work on giving him a little brother or sister?” Mick smiled.
“I think miracles like that only happen once, but by all means feel free to try” Beth laughed. There was a knock at the door and Mick turned to answer it.
“Julian? What are you dong here?” Mick asked. Julian Corsovo was what most women would deem beautiful. He had an almost Johnny Depp like face with high cheekbones and full lips. His thick jet black hair hung lightly in waves around his head.
“I’d like to talk to you about Gabriel” He said softly. Beth motioned for him to sit down.
“Is there some thing wrong with his studies?” Beth asked becoming alarmed.
“No, no. Gabriel is a model student. This is more of a personal matter. As you know Gabriel has developed quite the crush on a young girl in the building named Zoe. And he’d very much like to see her.” Julian explained.
“Julian we appreciate you being concerned but we think that letting Gabe play with mortals is bit too dangerous” Mick said.
“I worry about your decision only because I think you see your son as just a five year old. But Gabriel not only looks older but his body has changed as well. He is exhibiting what we know as puberty. The hormones and changes that are happening right now might be even be higher than normal due to his being a vampire. I’m afraid he may start acting out in ways that will definitely draw attention.” Mick let out a sigh. He remembered going through puberty. The constant worry and anxiety. It was hell.
“What I propose is that you let the girl visit for an afternoon. I’ll supervise of course, but let him get this out of his system before he explodes” Julian said carefully
“Beth. Maybe Julian is right. I mean as long as he’s here with them, I don’t really see what could be the harm in it. Just for a couple of hours.” Mick said
Beth understood the situation but she was concerned for the girl’s safety. Isabelle had indeed done wonders to help Gabe reign in his more primal side, but he still was after all a little boy.

Beth sighed deeply.
“I suppose we could try it and see how it goes” she said
“I do believe that you both have made the right decision.” Julian said and got up to take his leave. “I will see you tomorrow.”
“I can’t believe were going to do this” Beth said.
“It’s scary, I know. But like Julian said, this could very well turn into a disaster if we don’t. I know what its like to go through that puberty stage. It can be scary as hell not knowing what your body is going to do. Gabe must feel like he’s all alone.” Mick said sadly. “I suppose I need to have “the talk” with him.” Beth smiled as Mick walked towards his son’s door.
“I’m gong to have a sex talk with my five year old!” Mick said as he opened the door. And went inside.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Boys Will Be Boys By Ella713 Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Mick was at Josef’s office going over the details of a case he had just closed.
“I had the talk with Gabe last night” Mick said.
“What kind of talk was that?” Josef said not understanding.
“You know, the birds and bees talk. Sex.” Mick stammered out. Josef looked surprised for a brief second then grinned.
“Way to go Gabriel! And only five years old! That’s gotta be a record?” Josef said laughing.
“Ok, make jokes if you want. But Gabriel has a crush on a little girl in the building and well,……it’s a puberty thing. I know they didn’t have puberty in your time. You were probably born chopping wood or something!” Mick said.
“Close but not quite” Josef said. “So I take it the talk went well?”
“I guess. I mean I tried to explain it all”
“Did you explain the part about not biting down?”
“Yeah. I mainly just talked about that part”
‘Remind me to never ask you about sex” Josef smirked.

Zoe Reynolds was a cute little girl of 11 years. She had long golden hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. Her bright blue eyes complimented her fair complexion with just a few light freckles sprinkled around her nose.
“Hi Gabriel!” she said brightly as she walked in. Gabriel froze..
Hi Zoe” he said shyly. Zoe looked all around.
“Wow your apartment is soo cool!” she said. Julian tried to give them ample room to get to know one another.
“You wanna watch a movie?” Gabriel asked.
“Sure” she said walking over to look at the DVDs “Can we watch this one?” she asked holding up a copy of the movie Beastly which was based on the tale of Beauty and the Beast.
“Ok” Gabriel said as he turned on the television and popped the DVD in.
They sat together on the sofa. Close but not too close. Gabriel could smell her hair. And it smelled sweet. She had some kind of pink shine on her lips that captured all of his attention. He simply could not concentrate of the movie. He watched her every move. The way she inhaled when she was startled. The way she licked her lips when she was nervous. And when the hideous beast was shown for the first time she grabbed Gabriel’s hand tightly. Gabriel couldn’t move. His chest felt tight and he could feel his fangs protruding. He covered his mouth tightly and prayed that he could control his feelings for her. And when the last scene showed that love had triumphed over all, he saw a single tear slide down her cheek. He gently took his thumb and brushed it away. Zoe turned to look at Gabriel.
She had thought he was cute when she first saw him and his parents moving into their building. And now she was in his apartment, wondering if he would kiss her. She had never been kissed before, but she’d seen it plenty of times on tv.
Gabriel and Zoe stared at each other for a long time not saying anything.
Finally Gabriel leaned forward and lightly pressed his lips to hers. It was only for a few seconds but Gabriel knew that the feeling would stay with him until he slept.
“Excuse me Gabriel” a soft voice said from behind him. “Your mother will be home soon. I think it’s time for Zoe to go home” Julian said gently.
“Who’s that?” Zoe whispered.
“That’s Julian. He’s my tutor” Gabriel explained.
“Oh! That’s why I’ve never seen you in school! Boy, I wish I could have a tutor!” she exclaimed.
“I wish I could go to school” Gabriel said wishfully. He walked her to the door. Before Zoe turned to leave, she quickly gave Gabriel another kiss on the cheek.
“Thanks for having me over!’ she said then ran down the hall to the elevators.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

How sweet. First date with a chaperone in the shadows. Gabriel did really well, he was the perfect gentleman even when totally mesmerized by the fairer sex.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Awwwww.

That was sweet. Gabriel and Zoe.

Difficult, dangerous and complicated, the preteen version.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Gabriel was sitting on the sofa when Beth came home.
“Hi sweetie! How was your day?” she asked laying her purse and keys on a nearby table. Gabriel just stared straight ahead.
“Mom, I think I’m just going to go to my room now” she said.
“Uh….ok. Sure honey.” She said wondering what had happened and immediately thinking the worst.
Julian came out of the study.
“Oh hello Beth! How are things?” he asked casually
“I don’t know. You tell me!” she demanded.
“Calm down Beth. Nothing happened. The little girl came over and they watched a movie. That’s all” Beth smiled.
“I’m sorry Julian. I guess I’m just a little nervous. I mean I came in and he was just staring into space.” Beth said.
“Well, he had his first kiss”
Wow!” Beth said. “Are you sure?”
“Yes. I think it stunned them both. No doubt she’s sitting in her apartment right now with the same look on her face.” Julian joked. “I’ll see you tomorrow” he said gathering his things.
“Thank you for everything Julian” Beth said.

Zoe was on the phone talking to her best friend Amy.
“It felt nice. He has really soft lips for a boy” Zoe said
“What’s he like?’ Amy asked.
“He’s quiet and really shy. But I guess that’s because he doesn’t go to school. He has a tutor and everything!”
“I thought only rock star’s kids had tutors?” Amy said.
“Well his mom is on the news so maybe that’s why”
Are you going to see him again?” her friend asked becoming secretly jealous that Zoe got to kiss a boy before she did.
“I hope so. I’ll let you know.” Zoe said and smiled when she hung up. She lightly touched her bottom lip and it still tingled from where Gabriel’s lips had been. She sighed and laid back on her bed.

Mick got home anxious to find out how Gabriel did. Beth was at her computer working on her story when Mick popped his head around corner.
“Please tell me that everything is as it should be? He asked
“Yes and no” Beth said with a coy smile. “Yes as in no one was hurt. No as in Gabe’s in love”.

“What the hell did they do?” Mick asked in surprise.
“They kissed” Beth said with smile.
“Oh is that all. Well, I think that’s sweet. I didn’t have my first kiss until I was thirteen!” Mick said.
“I think he wants to see her again” Beth said.
“Ahh. You want me to talk to him?” Beth nodded and Mick walked towards his son’s room.
“Hey Gabe. Can I come in?” Mick asked then opened the door. “How’s it going?” Gabriel was sitting up in his bed staring at the wall in front of him.
“I’m fine dad.” He said softly.
“Did you have a good time with Zoe?” Gabriel nodded his head.
“What’d you two do?” Mick asked.
“We watched Beastly”
“Oh. What’s that one again?”
“The Beauty and Beast one”
“Any good?” Gabriel shrugged his shoulders.
“I dunno”. He said looking at his dad for the first time since he had come in. “Dad, I kissed her”
“And? It’s okay that you kissed her Gabe.”
“Are you sure? I don’t want you and mom to be mad”.
“Hey, listen to me. Your mom and I would never be mad at you for liking a girl!. And certainly not for kissing a girl! You liked it right?” Mick asked looking at his son.
“Yeah dad. I liked it a lot”
“So I guess you want to see her again?”
“Dad, I want to go to school. I know what you’re going to say but if I could sit through a two hour movie and not drain the girl next to me, I’m sure I could manage a classroom.”
“Gabe, I don’t know. That would be overwhelming for you don’t you think?”
“Dad everyone thinks I’m a freak! I hear them thinking that! I just want to live like any other boy and be let out of the apartment. I want play with other kids and do the things they do! Dad, I haven’t even been to a movie!”
Mick could see the frustration on his son’s face. Maybe he and Beth were being a little over protective. Maybe they should let him mingle with other kids his age. It would be good for him.
“Tell you what. Let me talk to your mom about it. Okay?”
Gabriel’s eyes lit up.
“Thanks dad!” he said and gave Mick a big hug.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

What Gabriel is suggesting is very, very dangerous.

Even though he can handle a two hour movie, school can be a really brutal place. To handle two hours with a girl you really like is one thing. How about when he has to deal with people he doesn't like? Gabe has talents and abilities but does he have the strength to not use them.

He may look twelve, but he is only five. Five Years Old! That being said, he needs to learn. I just wish someone was around him. It is unfortunate, but this may be one of those situations when the only way to learn is to swim is to be tossed into the deep end of the pool--if that makes sense at all.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Mick and Beth spent hours weighing the pros and cons of sending Gabriel to school. Until finally Gabriel’s happiness was victorious.
Julian took care of all the paperwork. Birth certificate and social security number. They played out every possible scenario. Gave him a cell phone with emergency contacts. And when the day arrived, they felt like they could handle it.

Mick drove Gabriel to school not taking a chance on their son riding the school bus. They pulled up front of the school
“Gabriel, are you sure you want to do this? I mean really sure?” Mick asked wanting to make sure that Gabriel knew that it was okay to be scared and not go through with it. Gabriel looked out the window at all the kids running up the stairs and joking around with one another. He nodded his head.
“Dad, I’ll be fine. And if I think I can’t handle it, I promise to call either you, or mom or Julian, or Isabelle. In that order” he smiled.
“Okay” Mick said and gave him a quick kiss on the head. Mick watched his handsome son walk across the lawn and up the stairs.

Gabriel found his way to the office. A fat lady with blue tinted hair smiled down at him.
“Papers” she said in a sweet voice. Gabriel handed over his paperwork
“Ok, Gabriel St. John. You are going to be in Miss Keller’s homeroom. She’s a very nice teacher, you’ll like her. All the students do. Then you have math class followed by English. You elected to have phys ed. Instead of art so that will be after all the others. Lunch is at noon and last for 1 hour.”
“Yes mam” Gabriel replied.
“Well, this is Brian. He will show you to your homeroom” She said pointing at a little pudgy kid with blonde hair and thick glasses.
“Hi! I’m Brian” he said holding out his hand.
“I’m Gabriel” he said shaking his hand slowly.
“Come on, I’ll take you to Miss Keller’s class.

Beth tried hard to concentrate on work but she was scared to death.
There were so many things that could happen. She gave up trying to work and called Isabelle.

“Isabelle, its Beth. How are you?” she asked.
“I am fine Beth. The more important question is how are you?”
“I’m going out my mind with worry. Please tell me that I have nothing to worry about. That Gabriel will be fine!” she said quickly.
“Let me come pick you up, and we will talk” Isabelle said.

Beth cracked up when she saw Isabelle pull up in the Lamborghini.
“Why on earth would Josef buy you a car like this?” she said still laughing as she climbed in.
“Who knows why Josef does what he does. I never question” she said with small smile.
Isabelle drove them to a small quiet café right off Rodeo drive. They both ordered a glass of wine although it was a little early in the day.
“I know that you are worried about Gabriel. But I believe that he will adjust quite quickly to his new surroundings.”
“But how do you know that?” Beth asked anxiously.
“Beth, as I was training Gabriel I noticed that he possessed some very special abilities. Telepathy is just one of his abilities. I think that the compound that Mick used to become mortal may have something to do with it. Whatever Coraline and her brothers were using, it is now in Mick’s bloodstream.”
“Oh my God. Do you think he and Gabriel are in danger?” she asked becoming frightened.
“Quite the contrary. I think that over time both Gabriel and his father may exhibit astounding abilities.”
“Isabelle, what do you think they can do?” Beth pleaded.
“For one, mind control. And not just talking about making someone forget that you took a little sip from them. I mean complete mind control. The ability to plant thoughts into others” Beth stared at Isabelle for some times. Then she took a big gulp of her wine.
“Have you talked to anyone about this” Beth asked
“Only Balthazar. He agrees that Gabriel is an exceptional child as well as an exceptional vampire”
“Are you sure that Gabriel will be able to control himself at school?’
“That is a moot point Beth. I think Gabriel will control the others as a way of not losing his control”
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Gabriel was nervous at first. He had never been around so many children before. They were all so different from each other and none of them looked the same, with exception of the two girls Anita and Angela who looked exactly alike because they were twins. Gabriel sat still in his chair taking it all in.
“Gabriel! What are doing here?” he heard a familiar voice say.
“Hi Zoe! My mom and dad decided that I was too old for a tutor so….here I am” He said staring up at her from his desk. She was wearing a Twilight t-shirt and jeans and Gabriel thought she looked beautiful. Zoe put her backpack down and took the desk next to him.
“Maybe we will have some more classes together” she said hopefully “Can I see your schedule?” She looked down at the schedule he handed her and saw that they had English and Phys Ed together. She smiled brightly and handed the schedule back.

Mick was finishing up with a client when he saw that Josef was at his door.
“What’s up Josef?’
“I just wanted to know how my namesake is doing. Isabelle told me he was going to school.”
“Yeah. I dropped him off this morning. Don’t give me that look Josef. Gabe will be fine. We rehearsed everything that could possibly happen. We owe him this one chance to prove himself.”
“Well its lunchtime right about now. Did you rehearse how to explain the whole not eating thing?” Mick closed his eyes.
“Crap! We forgot about that!”
“Uh oh” Josef said.

Gabriel walked away from the lunch line, tray in hand looking for a place to sit, when he saw Zoe waving frantically at him from across the room. He took a deep breath and walked towards the table.
“Gabriel, I want you to meet my best friend Amy. And this is Kyle. And this is Franklin. Guys this is Gabriel St. John.” They all made their hellos then Gabriel sat down, not quite sure what to do with the enormous amount of food that was heaped on his plate. Kyle decided to speak first.
“So Zoe tells us that you live in her building.”
“Yeah. We moved in about a year ago” Gabriel explained.
“And your mom is Beth St. John from ActionNews right?” Amy asked.
Gabriel nodded.
“So do you play any ball?” Franklin asked as he was clearly the athlete of the group.
“No not really. I run some” Gabriel said.
“That’s cool; you should try out for track!” Franklin said enthusiastically.
Gabriel saw that everyone was eating except for him, and he knew they all were wondering why he wasn’t touching……..whatever that was on his plate.
He wished that they would simply think he ate. And no sooner he had that thought Franklin said.
“Wow man, you eat faster than I do!” Gabriel stared at Franklin wondering what on earth he was talking about.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This mind control thing could come in handy for Gabe, especially dealing with kids that don't precisely wish him the best.

Now Mick having the same ability to control minds can also be useful, but Beth will never be sure.

Yikes! I see trouble on the horizon there.

Gabe is such a sweet kid, but you know what they say about absolute power. He needs to develop a LOT of maturity very, very quickly.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

“What do you think Josef? Should we drive over there?” Mick asked.
“I think Gabe would have called if there was any trouble don’t you?”
“Yeah, you’re right. I mean lots of kids skip lunch, right?”
“I’m sure they do. But not everyday. You’ll have to think of something pretty quick. School officials tend to notice things like that.” Josef said.
“How are we going to explain that? How could Beth and I have missed that?” he wondered to himself.

Basketball. Gabriel had watched some games with his dad so he thought he knew a little about the game. Of course being the new kid he was last one to be picked. A kid named Brian who was a bit bigger than everyone else shouted out directions. Gabriel sat on the bench and watched intently as the others played. He saw Zoe on the other side of the gym with a group of girls. She was wearing bright red shorts and a white t-shirt. She looked amazing to Gabriel. So enthralled he was in watching Zoe he didn’t hear Brian calling his name.
“Hey kid! Are you deaf or something?” He yelled. Gabriel stood up and went towards him.
“The teacher said everyone has to have a turn playing but if you suck you get to sit back down. Got it?”
“Yes” Gabriel said softly and took his position on the court.
Franklin dribbled the ball first but then got trapped by two guys from the other team. He tried to fake them but they had him completely surrounded. He blindly threw the ball in his team’s direction. It was coming right at Gabriel who caught it. He saw the other boys running towards him. He didn’t know what he should do. He didn’t want to hurt anybody.

He looked up at the basket which was a good ways away, but oh well.
He aimed and took the shot. The ball went directly into the hoop. Everyone turned to stare at him. Franklin came running over to him.
“Wow Gabriel! That was some shot! I thought you said you couldn’t play?”
“Well I can’t really. That was just luck I think” he said with a smile.
“You think you could do it again?” Brian asked coming over to him.
“I can try” Gabriel said with a shrug. He looked over and saw that Zoe was looking at him. Brian threw him the ball.
“Try it from here”. He said. Gabriel stood where Brian had pointed and lined up his shot. Again the ball went straight through. After five different locations Gabriel made each and every shot.

Mr. Harrison the gym teacher came running over.
“How did you learn to shoot like that?” he asked.
“I didn’t know that I could shoot like that” Gabriel replied.
“Well it looks like we just found our point guard!” He yelled out to the other boys. The boys on his team all came over and slapped him on back or shook his hand. But more importantly Zoe was across the gym smiling at him.
Ted Ferguson however was not smiling. This was his chance to play. He had been practicing with his dad all summer long. He was supposed to be the point guard! Not that new kid!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Gabe doesn't know it yet, but he just made his first enemy.

Whether he is able to work through this remains to be seen. I'd really love to see him turn this potential enemy into a friend.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Gabriel was waiting for his father to pick him up in front of the school.
Zoe slowly walked over to him
“That was great what you did in gym today!” she said.
“Thanks. I think I was just lucky though”
“That’s some kind of luck.” She said stepping closer to Gabriel. They heard a horn honk and saw that Mick had pulled up to the curb.
“Hey Zoe, you want us to drive you home?” Mick asked.
“Sure. Thanks Mr. St. John. I hate taking the bus.” She said as Gabriel held the door open for her.
“So Gabe, how was your first day?” Mick asked.
“It was cool. Zoe introduced me to some kids.”
“Mr. St. John you should have seen Gabriel in gym! He played basketball and landed six straight shots! It was amazing!” Zoe gushed. “Mr. Harrison even made him point guard!”
Mick looked quickly at Gabriel.
“Gabe that’s great! Congratulations! I didn’t know you were interested in playing basketball?”
“It just kind of happened dad. I kept telling them it was just luck!” Gabriel explained.
“How was lunch?” Mick asked carefully
“I don’t really know what it was but it was good”
Zoe laughed hard.
“It’s called a sloppy joe Gabriel! Don’t tell me you’ve never had one of those!”
Gabriel started to laugh with her.
“Nope. I’ve never heard of that till just now!”
They both collapsed in backseat in laughing. Mick looked at them in the rearview mirror and smiled. Gabriel would be just fine in school. He couldn’t believe that he had been so worried.

Beth heard them come in the apartment and ran to greet them and make sure everything was alright.
Mick, Gabriel and Zoe all walked in together.
“Hi Mrs. St. John!” Zoe said brightly
“Hi Zoe. So Gabriel how was school?” she asked looking at Mick.
“Great mom. Zoe is going to help me with my science project. Can we go study?” Gabriel asked.
“Sure go ahead.” Beth said. She watched them go in Gabriel’s room and shut the door. “Ok, give it to me straight”
“Babe, there’s nothing to tell you. He had a perfectly normal day. He made some friends, played basketball, and definitely did not take a bite out of anyone or lose control. And look how happy he is!” Beth had to admit that Gabriel had gone from grim to downright upbeat in a week’s time. Maybe things would be alright after all.

Ted Ferguson’s father had won the Heisman Trophy when he was the star running back for Ohio State. He was a devout athlete and expected nothing less from his oldest son. And so far Ted had failed at everything he tried. He didn’t get picked for softball, soccer, or football. Basketball was his last and only hope. He didn’t want to have to face his dad and tell him that someone else got his spot. He didn’t want to witness the disappointment on his face. Every time he failed at something he would look at his younger son Joey and say
“It’s all up to you then” and Ted hated hearing those words! He’d just keep the information to himself for now. Maybe Gabriel’s folks wouldn’t let him play? Or maybe he would get hurt and couldn’t play? Anything could happen.

Gabriel and Zoe both lay across his bed going over all the things they would have to gather to make their project work.
“Ok, so I’ll get the first five things and you can get the rest and we’ll get together on Saturday and try to put it all together.” Zoe was saying.
“That sounds like a good plan. Thanks for helping me with this Zoe”
“Well, you’re helping me too! We make a great team!” She said smiling.
“Yeah we do” Gabriel said as he leaned towards her. When their lips met this time it was no quick peck, but a slow gentle exploration. Gabriel heard Zoe gasp and it scared him.
“I’m sorry Zoe! Did I hurt you?” he asked. Zoe looked down her cheeks aflame.
“No. I didn’t mean to scare you……it just felt really nice” she said. “Look, it’s getting late I better get downstairs or my folks will ground me”
“Uh..ok. But I’ll see you tomorrow right?” he said feeling like he did something terribly wrong.
“Of course silly! It’s a school day!” she laughed and gave him a peck on the cheek before skipping out of his room. Gabriel let out a huge sigh.
She wasn’t mad at him or afraid of him. Thank God!

The next day Gabriel felt more relaxed and more at ease. He openly introduced himself to people and tried to be friendly to everyone. He really enjoyed going to school. He noticed that there was a definite hierarchy to being there. Athletes were at the top, followed by the smart people, followed by the art people, followed by the bad seeds and last but not least the geeks and misfits. And since everyone was so very nice to Gabriel he figured that the word got around about him making those shots in gym class. Funny though he never ever thought of himself as an athlete. Of course Zoe was a cheerleader so she was very popular. When the pudgy kid who showed him to homeroom on his first day came up to him and said hello, Gabriel was glad to see him.
“Hi Brian! How are you?” Brian pushed his glasses back up his nose.
“Fine I guess. Say what are you going to do your science project on? I’m doing wind energy with Amy Burns.”
“Zoe and I are doing an experiment that calculates the length of time it takes food to spoil under different conditions.”
“That sounds cool” Brian said.

“Whatcha you doing talking to that geek?” a voice said coming towards them. Gabriel recognized him from gym class. Gabriel noticed that Brian started to move away from the boy.
“What’s wrong with talking to him?” Gabriel asked honestly wanting to know what the problem was.
“Look at him! He’s a geek! Nobody talks to him!”
Brain was going to apologize. He knew the drill. Gabriel had established himself as one of the jocks. After a while Gabriel wouldn’t even know he existed. But what Brian didn’t know was that Gabriel didn’t have any knowledge of those things and frankly he just didn’t care.
“Well we were talking about our science projects” Gabriel said and turned to finish talking to Brian. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder.
“Look, I can see that on one has told you, but athletes don’t talk to geeks. Got it?” Gabriel could sense the tension in the boy’s voice but failed to understand where it came from. It wasn’t like HE was talking to Brian. Gabriel could also sense the boy’s anger.
“I’m not an athlete, so I guess it’s okay if I talk to whomever I choose”. And with that Gabriel laid a hand on Brian’s shoulder and they walked towards the library. Everyone in the hall stared at Gabriel. Never had they seen one of the jocks making friends with someone like Brian Petzer!

Zoe was late for class and heard of the incident later from Amy.
‘And then Gabriel said he wasn’t an athlete and that he could talk to whoever he wanted to! Then he just walked away with Brian Petzer! Can you believe that?”
Zoe smiled. Her feelings for Gabriel grew stronger with each passing day.
Of course she knew that Franklin wouldn’t care, but the other boys on the team would care a lot. She just hoped that they wouldn’t try and teach Gabriel a lesson.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Fabuous.

A little mind alteration might be in order for Brian, but those games have been played fpr as long as I can remember.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Ted overheard Joshua and Taylor talking about how they were going get Gabriel. They were going to put a dead rat in his locker. While a very funny prank it definitely wasn’t the sort of thing that would send any boy running never to return to school again. Ted had a better idea. And it would work too.

Gabriel was becoming frustrated with going to school. There were so many petty things that he just didn’t understand. He saw nothing wrong with Brian Petzer. In fact he found him to be incredibly bright and funny, but yet every day that he spoke with Brian or invited him to sit at their table for lunch, he got the distinct impression that no one approved. Except for Zoe. She was the one exception and Gabriel loved her for it. When Brian sat at their table, she didn’t look around nervously waiting to see what the other kids would say. She moved her chair closer to Brian’s and openly spoke to him without fear. Gabriel hated to think of what would become of Brian is he decided that school wasn’t really for him. He would stay for a while longer.

Joshua and Taylor had put the rat in Gabriel’s locker and walked away chuckling to themselves. They hid when they heard the bell ring, but peaked around the corner when they saw Gabriel walking down the hall towards his locker. Gabriel heard the boys around the corner. He knew what they had done and it made him angry. But he would not lose control. Not yet he thought to himself.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

School is just such a petty scene. Gabriel is more of an adult than they are.

Return to “Ella713's Office”