Ella713
Courtesan

Hero For A Day Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
Hero for a Day
Rated PG
By Ella713

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

A young man unwittingly stops a mugging then decides that Los Angeles needs a vigilante.

Phillip Brickman walked out into the night air making his way to the garage. He would have left sooner if his boss hadn't come back from vacation a day earlier and laid a stack of files on his desk. But at least he finished it all. He was just heading to his car when he heard a woman scream. Without thinking he took of in the direction of the screams. He saw a man in a hooded sweatshirt, trying to take the woman's purse. Phillip charged over and hit the man with his briefcase. The man fell to the ground and Phillip hit him once more to make sure he wouldn't get up.
"Are you hurt?" He asked the woman as she stood there shaking. When she didn't respond, Phillip took out his mobile and phone for the police.

As the woman sat with paramedics the police spoke with Phillip.
"I was walking to my car when I heard a woman scream. I don't know what came over me. I'm not the type to rush head on into trouble, but I had to do something." Phillip said.
"I'm not going to lecture you on running into a dangerous situation but you were lucky that the perp didn't have a gun". The officer said writing down the details.
"Will she be alright?" Phillips asked.
"She'll be fine. She's in shock right now, so we're going to take her to Mercy General to be examined." The officer replied.

Phillip laid in bed thinking about what he had done all night. He'd actually saved a woman's life tonight! Right now at this moment, he felt invincible!

Mick walked into Josef's office to catch up. Josef poured Mick a drink and turned on the television.
"Mick, you have to see this!" Josef said with a wide smile.
"Kelly Monroe reporting for Channel 5 News. I'm here with Monica Buck who says she was rescued by a Superhero. So Monica tell us what happened." Kelly said.
"Well, I had just left work and it was my turn to make the nightly drop. So I was standing at the ATM getting ready to deposit the money from today when someone grabbed me from behind and placed their hand over my mouth. He was trying to take the deposit bag from me when from out of nowhere this figure dressed all in green grabbed the guy and slammed his head against the ATM machine until the guy fell down at my feat. Then he just took off! He was so super fast!" She said.
"Dressed in green?" Kelly asked becoming somewhat amused.
"Yeah. I remember thinking it was an odd choice for a superhero costume, but he did it justice." The woman said.
"Well there you have it Los Angeles. A Superhero dressed in green may help you when you're in trouble. I'm Kelly Monroe for Channel 5"
"What do think of that?" Josef asked.
"You're thinking it's a vamp?" Mick asked.
"She said he moved really fast." Josef said.
"What do you want me to do? If some vamp wants to clean up the streets of LA, let him have at it." Mick said with a smile.

"Hey Phillip. What's with you man? You look like you've been partying to hard" His coworker joked.
"Partying? Me? Not likely. I haven't been sleeping well that's all" Phillip said raising his arms over his head and stretching.
"Did you hear back from Kostan Industries?" His coworker whispered.
"No. It's still too early. They just posted the position three days ago. They're probably swamped with resumes right now" Phillip said. A job at Kostan Inc. was a dream come true for Phillip. Not only would he be working in the finance world instead of being a peon for the IRS, but he would be doing something he believed in.
"Well if you get the call make sure you remember me" His coworker joked lightly punching him in the arm.

Jamal and Jay Crawford were doing what they normally did on a weeknight. Harass everyone who walked by Lopez Quick Mart. Old Man Lopez had been trying to run them away from the store for about a year now. But this location was ideal for their drug business. And they always managed to throw a little something Lopez's way. But tonight they both smoked a little too much and had a little too much to drink and they were interested in causing some major trouble. They saw the cute woman step out from the bar she was in. She looked pretty unsteady on her feet.
"Hey isn't that Carmen?" Jay said pointing.
"Yeah it is. That stuck up bitch. She was always thinking she was better than everyone else. Look at her now" Jamal said. "Let's go teach her lesson!"
They staggered towards the woman and Jay grabbed her by the neck and started to pull her into the alley next to the bar. The woman struggled but she had had too much to drink and couldn't fight them off. Suddenly she heard someone run over. She heard the struggle that ensued and turning over of trashcans. When she opened her eyes, the two men were sprawled out on the ground. She looked up at the man looking down on her.
"You should never go out drinking alone. Don't do it again" He said and took off quickly. She blinked her eyes and then fainted to the ground.

"Hey honey. What do you think of this Superhero?" Beth said holding up the paper for him to see.
"I think I want to buy him a steak dinner" Mick laughed.
"Well, he's making quite a sensation. He saved another woman last night from being assaulted by two men. And right before he left, he told her not to drink alone again" Beth said.
"Sounds like a smart man" Mick said. "Josef thinks he a vamp"
"Based on what?" Beth asked.
"All the witnesses say the guy was fast" Mick said.
"Josef worries too much but I agree with you. If this guy wants to fight crime let him do what he can" Beth said laying down the paper.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Hero For A Day Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Everyone wanted to know who the Superhero was. Everyday in the paper there was an article about someone seeing him in some neighborhood dispensing his own form of justice. The newspapers were even having "Name the Superhero" contests with the winner having dinner with the Superhero himself.

Phillip was amused that everyone wanted to give him a name. He hadn't really thought about that at all, but he supposed that he should..........being an avid reader of comic books when he was kid, he knew that all the great names were already taken, but then he thought of one.

The Herald had finally chosen the Superhero name and from then on every story published about him he was referred to as Puma. And the winner was Phillip Brickman.

Lynn Carrie didn't feel scared anymore. When she had to walk to the parking lot after work, she was usually drop a couple of bucks to one of the Security guys in her office to walk her to her car. But now with Puma tearing his through Los Angeles a lot of women felt safer.
"Ms. Carrie. You want me to walk with you?" Tim the Security guard on duty asked.
"You know what Tim? I'm going to try to do this on my own tonight." She said.
"Ok. But be careful. Don't be afraid to scream, punch or take off your shoes and run" He said nodding his head.
"I will. Thanks Tim" she said confidently walking out the door. Tim decided he would follow her just a bit to make sure she made it okay. He told his partner he was going out for a few minutes and took off after her. Tim had just rounded the corner when he saw someone point a gun at Ms. Carrie. He wasn't sure if he should yell. What if the man shot her. Tim was getting ready to run as fast as he could at 59 years old when he saw that Superhero guy kung fu the crap out of the guy and kick the gun far away from him.
"Ms. Carrie!! Are you alright?" Tim yelled as he ran over, but by the time he got there Puma was gone.

Carl sat in the Mayor's office along with the Chief of Police.
"We have to stop this vigilante before he inspires more nutcases to run through the streets handing out their own brand of justice!" The Mayor said.
"Mr. Mayor, the public wants you to give this man a medal" The Chief of Police said.
"This man is delusional! he's going to get himself of someone else killed trying to be a hero!" The Mayor yelled.
"I agree with you Mayor. He's playing a dangerous game and he's going to come up against someone who's not going to be so easy to disarm." Carl said.
"What if it's a vampire? Come on! Don't tell me neither of you haven't thought that might be the case" The Chief said. Carl was stunned. He didn't once think it could be a vampire.
"I can talk to my contacts and find out" Carl said standing up. So if this was a vampire, who was going to tell Puma to stop? Carl wondered.

Phillip felt sore all over. The punk he had stopped from robbing a gas station had gotten some pretty good punches in before Phillip took him down. He slowly raised his t-shirt and saw the large bruises to his sides. He thought this would be a good time to take some long awaited sick days.

Phillip was just waking up when he heard his phone ringing.
"Hello" He answered.
"Hello Mr. Brickman. My name is Adeline Carrick HR Director for Kostan Industries. Do you have a moment to speak?" The pleasant voice asked.
"Yes of course" He replied.
"We picked your resume out of hundreds we received and would like you to come in for an interview. Are you free this afternoon, say 3pm?" She asked.
"3pm sounds wonderful" Phillip said.
"Great. So I'll see you at 3pm." She said and hung up. Phillip was in pain but he would have to suck it up. This interview was important.

"So all's quiet on the Superhero front" Mick joked as he sat with Josef.
"Yeah. Every now and again, some loser decides to be a superhero coming back from Comic Con and the media blows it way out of proportion, then they fade away. It's too bad. I really had high hopes for this one" Josef laughed. They both looked up when Carl walked into Josef's office.
"Hey Carl. What's going on?" Mick asked as he stood up.
"Puma" Carl said. "The Chief thinks he's a vampire"
"Not a vampire". Josef said.
"Can I quote you on that?" Carl said with a smile.
"Yes. And often. Honestly, if this were vampire, the scumbags he stopped would have been....well dead". Josef finished.
"Yeah. There is that. The Mayor's got a thing for people who take the law into their own hands. I had to ask." Carl said.
"Not a problem. So I take it the LAPD doesn't know who this guy is either?" Josef said.
"No we don't. But to be honest, we're not breaking our backs trying to find out who wants to dress up as a green superhero and save innocent women from crime. If it were up to me, I would drop this altogether" Carl said.
"You know I read an article about a guy who dressed up as a superhero in Seattle, WA. He called himself Phoenix Jones. He led a group called The Rain City Superhero Movement and they actually patrolled the streets and stopped assaults and robberies" Mick said.
"You're kidding?" Josef said.
"Nope. They all had superhero names." Mick said. Carl started to crack up laughing.
"I've heard everything" Carl said wiping the tears from his eyes.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Phillip walked into Kostan Industries and spied a line of men and women at the front security desk. He sighed to himself but waited in line and received his numbered badge. Phillip sat for only 15 minutes. The interviews either appeared to be relatively short or the other interviewees, didn't have what Kostan was looking for.
"Phillip Brickman" A man called out. Phillip nodded and stood up and followed the man into a conference room. The man poured Phillip a glass of water and sat it down in front of him then walked out, closing the door behind him. Phillip looked all around the conference room noticing quite a few original works of art. 10 minutes had passed and no one had come in yet. Phillip stood once again and walked over to the bar and poured himself a scotch and soda.
"Mr. Brickman. Hello. I'm Josef Kostan. Pleased to meet you" Josef said walking over and pouring hi self a drink and sitting down opposite Phillip. "Your resume is very impressive. How long have you been with the IRS?" Josef asked.
"A year of government work is one year too many" Phillip said with a grin. "People aren't happy with taxes and the truth be known, I agree with them" Phillip said boldly. Josef smiled.
"So what do you think could be done?" Josef challenged.
"Well to take money from the demographic that pours more into the economy, is a fools game. That's like breaking the legs of your best players. I can see why people join Militia groups that want to end taxes. It defies what our forefathers fought for. If I could run things, I would dismantle the IRS and levy for a no income tax ever. As it stands the IRS spends more time and more money trying to bring in cheaters. And let's face it. We never catch them all. And the revenue that's brought in from it never goes to what they claim it will. There's a hierarchy where prosperous states receive more than states that are hurting" Phillip ranted. "My apologies Mr. Kostan. I just feel that there is always a better way in every endeavor." He said finally. Josef sat back in his chair and studied the man.
"How soon can you leave Uncle Sam?" Josef asked with a smile.
"Sooner than you thought" Phillip replied.
"Good. Welcome to Kostan Industries. See you on Monday morning" Josef said. Isabelle walked into the conference room.
"Mr. Brickman. Please come with me to pick up your badge and key card" She said.
"Thank you Mr. Kostan" Phillip said shaking his hand.

Even though Phillip felt sore, he knew just what he should do to celebrate!

"Why do you insist on the "Drink" test?" Isabelle asked.
"I prefer not to work with anyone who can't enjoy a drink, especially in times of celebration. Teetotalism is boring! Plus I like the way he handled himself. He didn't look at the door before pouring himself a drink, like he was about to get reprimanded. He simply got up and poured himself a scotch and soda. Decisiveness. I like it." Josef explained, seeing good things coming from young Phillip Brickman.

SoCal warehouse district was nothing but trouble on any given night. But on a Friday night, someone was going to get murdered. And it didn't take long for two girls out on town to run out of gas in the worst possible part of town. The girls were somewhat smart. They rolled up their windows and locked all the car doors while one took out her mobile to ring someone. But in 10 minutes the danger began.
3 young men who definitely looked like they were in a gang of some sort approached the car.
He saw the women inside shake their heads no to something they were asked. Then he saw one of the young men pull out the Glock from his waistband. The women began to scream and what they saw next they would have a hard time explaining. In the time span that it would take them to order a pizza, all three men were on the ground and one was shot and The Puma was nowhere.

When the police arrived and their statements had been taken, one beat cop looked at the gang banger being looked at by paramedics and wondered out loud.
"Who the hell is this guy?"

Carl smiled to himself when he heard what went down in SoCal. Whoever this guy was, he was really taking care of things. Any other time Carl hated the idea of vigilante justice, but the police couldn't be everywhere at once. But then he had to wonder. How did Puma know where a crime was being committed? There was definitely more to this story.

Of course tabloids were convinced that this was the work of vampires and just reported fake story after fake story, until Josef laid a defamation lawsuit on every tabloid publication in the United States. Brian handled the damage control by speaking with the Media as much as he could but on the whole everyone believed that vampires had absolutely nothing to do with it and that California had it's own Dark Knight!

Phillip walked into Kostan Industries for his very day.
"Hello Phillip! Welcome to Kostan Industries. Are you ready to get started?" Josef said shaking his hand. "What the hell happened to your eye?" Josef asked as he noticed the discoloration.
"I box on the weekend at my local gym and my sparring partner got a lucky shot in" Phillip said with a small smile. Josef paid no attention to the answer, and had his Office Manager show him to his station.

Josef had assigned Phillip to the Finance Department that handled all Kostan Industries Pro Bono projects. He was also assigned to the newly incorporated Charitable Giving Department. Phillip smiled as he read over what he would be responsible for.

Drake Lewis wasn't taking any chances. This Puma retard was making his transactions hard to say the least. He had several customers call and say they wouldn't be coming by to purchase any product. His boss would like this. And he knew that once he told him that numbers were down, he would place a very large bounty on Puma's head.

"So how are you feeling not being the hero anymore?" Josef joked.
"I never thought of myself as a hero Josef". Mick said.
"Bull! You love coming to the rescue and standing with your hands on your hips while the wind blows through your hair" Josef said laughing.
"I actually think this guy has the right idea. He wants to take these neighborhoods back. Frankly I think more people should join in. Everyone is sick to death of gangs and drugs and burglaries. I mean enough is enough. The only thing I'm worried about is retaliation." Mick said thinking about it seriously.
"So you think Los Angeles's equivalent of El Chapo will send out a hit squad?"
"Those things do happen" Mick said standing up. "Hey Josef, can I take a rain check on the drink?" He said rushing out.
"And he just slapped me in the face with his cape" Josef joked to himself.

Mick drove quickly to Logan's.
"What can I do for you Mick?" Logan asked not taking his eyes off the game he was playing, which appeared to have vampires in it.
"What the hell game is that?" Mick asked.
"It's new. It's called Bloodsuckers! Pretty graphic stuff" Logan said out maneuvering a Priest and managing to suck the blood out of him, while the game showed the points racked up. "Pretty cool huh?"
"You're going to hell Logan." Mick said shaking his head. "Listen, I need you to do me a huge favor. I want you to take out an ad in the Herald. I want it to read: "Searching for Puma. You saved my daughter and would like to give you a reward. Contact me at this number 310-475-7745" Mick said.
"Mick, you know you're going to get all kinds of con men calling you?" Logan asked.
"Yeah I know. But the real Puma is going to call too" Mick said.
"Alright. Have fun with this" Logan said typing away.

And Logan was right. As soon as the paper was printed, people started calling. Even a few women called saying they were Puma. After 3 days of non stop phone calls, Mick received the call he had been waiting for.
"Is there something I can do for you?" The voice said.
"Actually I need to talk to you. Look, I get why you're doing this. I really do, but I want you to be careful. If you plan on taking out every two bit criminal in LA, you're going to draw attention to yourself. And not in a good way. A lot of these thugs play hardcore. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a bounty out for you right now." Mick said.
"Are you trying to tell me to stop?" The voice replied.
"No. I understand you got some serious skills, but you're not bullet-proof. Listen, my name is Mick St. John. I'm a Private Investigator. But I'm also a vampire. I can help you
Mick said.
"I don't need your help" The voice said hanging up. Great Mick said to himself.

Florence Tyler had it up to her eyeballs with her children trying to coddle her. She was 72 years young and she had more energy than any of them! Now they were telling her to stay indoors because of some idiot running around playing make-believe. She was not going to miss her weekly bridge game! She put on her gloves and picked up her purse and started on her half a mile walk. She had just gotten to the Elementary School when he she felt a hard shove against her back. She tumbled to the ground. She saw the young punk stoop down next to her to pick up her purse and run away. She grabbed his ankle and he too fell to the ground. Then out of no where Puma was there. He leveled the punk with a solid blow to the head and knocked him out cold. He picked up Florence's purse and helped her up.
"Mam, are you alright?" He asked. Florence looked at the figure with his face all covered up.
"Do I look alright? That damn fool pushed me down! And why are you dressed like the Jolly Green Giant?" She asked snatching her purse from him.
"I don't think it matters much what I'm wearing." He replied. "Do yourself a favor and take a taxi" He said.
"I'll do you a favor....whatever you call yourself. You meet me here tomorrow and I'll give you something better to wear. That looks a mess! 8pm" She said straightening her hat and walking on down the street. He watched the old woman walk away.
"You gotta love the old ones" He said to himself.

The next night Puma stood close to the Elementary School waiting for Florence. At 8p on the dot he saw her familiar walk. He stepped out from behind a tree and stood in front of her. She placed a plastic bag in his hand.
"Now you try this on for size and see if this ain't loads better than that mess you're running around in" She said.
"Why would you do this?" He asked.
"I know what you trying to do and God bless you for it, but that ain't no reason for you to look like some child playing a part in a play." She said. "You're doing something serious and you gotta be taken seriously. Now you go put that on and see for yourself" She said turning back around. He slowly followed her to make sure she made it back to her home safely.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

He went home and pulled out the clothing. It wasn't bad. It felt like the material that swimsuits were made of. He tried it on and it fit well. Stretchy. And it was black. She had even sewn in some kind of cup in the crotch area. Yeah, he thought. This was much better.

Drake had all of his guys on the look out for this creep in the green suit! They would find him sooner or later.

Beth had been out a little later than usual catching up with a woman she knew in college. She looked at her watch and saw it was past 11pm. She quickly called Mick to let him know she was one her way home, suddenly she felt something hard hit her on the head from behind. Beth fell down.
"Grab her purse!" She heard a voice say. "Get her phone too!" The voice continued. Beth quickly stood up and there was Puma beating the crap out of one guy while the other one pulled out a gun pointing it at Puma. Beth ran at the guy quickly, broke his hand and kicked the gun to the side. Puma turned and looked at Beth.
"How the hell did you...." He began to say before Beth knocked him out and placed him in her car.

Puma came to and saw he was laying on a sofa. He immediately sat up, looked around and saw a very attractive looking couple staring at him.
"Who the hell are you?" He asked quickly putting his hand to his head.
"I'm sorry I hit you kind of hard. I was just trying tog et you out of there" Beth said.
"Hi. I'm Mick St. John. We spoke on the phone" Mick said getting up grabbing him a cup of coffee. "And this is my wife Beth" Mick said sitting back down.
"Look, thanks for the coffee, but I already told you I don't need any help" He said trying to stand up but sitting back down. Wow! That woman hit him hard! He thought.
"Apparently you do. If my wife hadn't of been there you'd be shot right now" Mick said.
"So you both vampires?" He asked picking up the cup of coffee and taking a long sip. They both nodded their heads. "And you want to help me?" He asked.
"Yeah. I've actually been doing what you're doing for a long time. I work most times with Cptain Carl Davis in the LAPD." Mick said.
"Hey, we're not trying to stop you" Beth said. "But you gotta know that some of the people that you already helped put in jail, are members of some pretty rough gangs. And they believe in an eye for an eye" Beth explained.
"Ok. I get what you're saying. How are you proposing to help?"
"First, how do know where to go? I mean these attacks were all over Los Angeles" Mick said.
"I see them. I don't know how to explain it, but I see the attacks before they happen. All I do is go there and stop it from happening" He said. Mick and Beth sat and stared at the young man.
"How long have you been doing this?" Mick asked.
"I've never done it before. It just happened one night and it hasn't stopped. Do you know why this happening?" He asked.
"I think we know someone who can tell you that?" Beth said picking up the phone and calling Alma.
"What happened to the green?" Beth asked noticing that he was in black.

"Wow! So this is Puma" Alma said walking towards him. "You really are inspiring a lot of people. Especially youngsters" She said gently taking his hand and closing her eyes. "You're exactly like your sister. She was late in receiving her gift". Alma said.
"I'm sorry lady, but I don't have a sister" Puma replied.
"You do and I know her well. You both were adopted, but by different families. She now lives here in California, and you lived in Colorado." She said.
"Wait! How do you know where I was from?" He asked.
"Alma is a seer. She sees things. Things that have happened in the past, things that are going to happen" Beth said.
"That's impossible!" He said.
"But it's possible when you do it?" Alma said. "The universe has a way of bringing things together that are meant to be together. You and your sister were separated at birth and now you both work for the same company" Alma said.
"That's impossible. I just started a new job...." He started to say. "She's at my new job?" He asked. Alma nodded and turned to Brian.
"Can you get her?" She asked. Brian came back a few minutes later.
"Hello Mr. St. John." She said looking at everybody then she froze when looking at the man in front of her.
"She's my sister." Puma said taking off his hood.
"You must be mistaken. I have only one brother" She said looking around at everyone. Alma stepped up and grabbed both of their hands.
"Oh God! It's true!" Puma said.
"I didn't know.....but I should have....I mean....hello. My name is Bridgett Vaduva'" She said softly.
"My name is Phillip Brickman" He said staring at his sister.
"Don't you mean Puma? What happened to the green?" She said with a smile.
"Someone told me green just wasn't my color" He smiled. "You work at Kostan Industries?" he asked.
"Yes. For a long time now. I'm Josef Kostan's secretary" She replied.
"Wow! This is amazing, but what now? I mean do we just go on like nothing's happened?" Phillip asked looking at Alma.
"Well, that's impossible. You both are seers. More powerful as a duo than apart. There's no telling what you're capable of. This is very exciting! I can't wait!" Alma said clapping her hands.
Last edited by Ella713 on Wed May 08, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

"Sir. I have some very interesting news for you" Brian said to Josef when he came into the office.
"Oh? I hope it's good news" Josef said nodding for Brian to come into his office and close the door.
"Interesting news is neither good nor bad sir. It stems from the word derive which....." Brian began to explain.
"Brian. Who cares? What's the news?"
"Bridgett has a twin brother" Brian said.
"Really? Older or younger?" Josef asked.
"Not sure. But he is a seer as well." Brian replied as he watched Josef's eyebrows rise up. "And another interesting bit of information, her twin brother is also Puma and he works here" Brian finished.
"Phillip Brickman." Josef said knowingly. "So that's why he had the black eye. Well, well, well. This is very interesting. Does Bridgett know?"
"Yes. She found out last night. Apparently mom was getting mugged last night and Puma was there and mom saved him from almost being shot. Alma told them both the news."
"Wow!....so what are we to do with them?" Josef said but more to himself than to Brian. "Can they see vampires who commit crimes?" Josef asked.
"Not that I'm aware of....perhaps since they are human, they can only see other humans" Brian said.
"It would be fantastic to have some sort of Precogs on hand. Would make this whole court thing run a lot smoother"
"We will have to test them. Let's see what they can truly do separately and together" Brian said coming up with an idea.

The End

Return to “Ella713's Office”