Courtesan

Court of Last Appeals Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
Court of Last Appeals
Rated PG
By Ella713

Vampire Courts are erected to appease humans of vampire crimes

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Josef, Brian and Alma sat down with Carl to advise him on how the situation would be handled.
"Well, will there be any disclosure to the public?" Carl asked, thinking that vampires should keep their law enforcement to themselves.
"It will be limited. If a vampire commits a crime we are to be alerted, then a team of Cleaners will apprehend the culprit then sentencing shall commence. We are willing to alert the public to an arrest being made and charges were filed but I think our methods will be hard for the public to take". Brian said.
"Brian's right, the less told the better" Alma said. "Also, the Cleaners will want NO publicity whatsoever" She continued.
"The goal here is to give humans some assurance that something is being done, but we don't want them snooping around into our laws." Josef said already thinking this was going to be a pain in the butt to enforce.
"So you're going to have your own jury pool?" Carl asked trying to get more detail.
"Well, it won't be like your court systems. Jury notices and the like, but it will be compromised of a handful of just vampires, each with an ability of some kind. Oh! There are no appeals in vampire courts!" Josef laughed.
"Our system is quite clear. If you cause harm/assault/murder a human you are stripped of your vampire life and trust me when I say most law breakers shiver at the thought of being mortal again,
and then whatever happens to them in human form happens. And if they are to be tried in human courts, there is nothing we will do to save them" Brian said.
"Do you enact death sentences"? Carl asked.
"YES" Josef, Alma and Brian said simultaneously
"What if humans don't go for this?" Carl asked, thinking it had to come up at the some point.
"They won't have a choice Carl. Vampires can't be tried in their courts they have no defenses against them. Humans have to understand that vampire nature is exactly the same as human nature. Self preservation is hard wired into us all. The only difference is that a vampire can be deadly in their acts of self preservation" Alma explained.
"Well, I think that's all I need. I'll take this to the Governor and he'll draw up a bill and put it on the books. Hopefully this can be done without any foot dragging" Carl said standing up. "I'll keep you informed. He said walking out of the apartment.
"Now all we have to do is decide on a solid jury" Alma said, thinking that also like humans, vampires would consider this duty one the last things they'd want to do!

Mick and Julian were summoned to give their input into who should be chosen for this jury. Julian spoke in whispers to Mick about certain choices. When they had finally made choices, Mick stood up.
"Look, we know this is a big deal and we can only give the names of people we think would do a great job, but it doesn't mean they will". Mick said. "Well, the first name we thought of is of someone who will hate, hate, hate this! But overall, the best. Katrina. With her sorcery and just complete badassness, there can be no one else. We also think Alma should take place in this jury. As one of the heads of ALL things in our world, she kind of has to be. And our final choice may seem odd...but Kimberly Swift. I think her being a Changeling makes her an excellent candidate." Mick finished. Julian then stood.
"I would also add Gabriel St. John." He said and saw Mick's shocked expression, but held up one hand requesting that he listen. "I add Gabriel to the list due to his supreme goodness and angelic state. How many times have we been up against a threat only to discover that he and only he was immune to their efforts. That will be greatly needed in sentencing". Julian added.
"He makes a good point dad" Brian responded. "When we were dealing with the Succubus, Josef and I were barley hanging on but it was Gabriel who was not tempted in any way shape of form. We could use someone like that on board" Brian said. Mick sighed. He knew what they were saying made perfect sense.. There was no other way.

So now the Vampire Court System was established. Now all they had to do was wait and see who chose to test it.

And it didn't take very long. Hee Jae Ling a restaurateur in Chinatown became the courts first trial.

When it was announced that vampires had constructed their own legal system, protest came from all over and it was Brian that made them see the sense of it all.
"First of all, it costs taxpayers absolutely nothing. We require nothing from humans to sustain this. We have constructed our own jail, jury and vampire law enforcement. And to be perfectly honest, would your judicial system want to deal with a vampire who is 500 years in age, super strong and devoted to one thing. Killing you. You can't fight something like that, nor would we want you to. All we ask is that you allow us to this our way." Brian said. And when put that way, California heartily agreed. So everyone sighed with relief that the vampires would clean up their own messes.

Calley Kudla was in the break room at work trying to reach her boyfriend. She noticed something move in the corner of her eye and turned around. There on the ledge of her building was an older man completely naked with his face plastered against the glass. Calley let out a terrifying scream that alerted almost every one in the office. Then it happened again a few blocks away and again in front of a bridal shop on Rodeo Drive. When Carl got the call, he laughed in his car all the way to Mick's apartment and didn't stop until Mick answered the door.
"Are you serious?" Mick asked, thinking Carl was joking. Carl shook his head.
"Nope. We've been getting calls all morning. A older naked vampire is speeding around the city showing, well.......in business windows. Now he hasn't tried to attack or assault anyone, but I guess this really needs to be handled before he winds up at a school" Carl said in between giggling.
"I'll call Katrina. Where was he last seen?" Mick asked.
"Rodeo Drive"

When at last Hee Jae had been identified, Mick drove to his family's home.
"Please don't hurt!" His wife cried. Her son walked over to Mick and asked him to have a seat.
"He can't help it" The son said. "He's suffering from Hiksiev, I don't know if you know...." He began to say. Mick nodded his head.
"We'll take care of it, but he'll have to be removed from your home. He has to be somewhere safe" Mick explained.
"I understand" The son said while speaking to his mother in their native tongue. Mick called Katrina and Hee Jae was picked up and taken to the Vienna Counsel.

"Now we're going to have to come up with a census, so we know who might have a chance of coming down with Hiksiev. We need to know ahead of time" Mick said and it was agreed that steps would be taken to track the ages of every vampire in Los Angeles. "This is becoming more and more bureaucratic by the moment" Mick said to Josef.

When Spencer Drake was 16 years old he knew what he wanted to do when he grew up. I mean he already kind of knew, but when the realization hit him that it would feel so good, he couldn't fight it. He didn't want to fight it. He looked down at the girl's body drained and torn apart. Maybe he was just high from the kill, but he actually thought she looked beautiful.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Court of Last Appeals Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

"Rita!! Hey I'm sorry! Don't be like that!" Brett screamed while pulling up along side of her. "She just threw herself on me seriously! Ask anybody!" He continued to plead, but in all honesty Rita had busted him point blank and he would beg and plead to get her to forgive him this time. Penny Hunt was super cute with a killer body and Brett just wanted to see if she would put out which she was going to do before Rita busted him and now she was pissed. "Come on baby, you can't walk all the way home. Get in the car" He said trying to get her to see reason, but Rita was strong intelligent girl and she was never getting into Brett's car again. "I'll leave you here. I will. I mean it" Brett said trying to scare her into getting in the car but Rita turned and looked him square in the eye.
"I hope you mean it. It would be the only thing truthful you've said to me since we met." She said calmly and continued to walk away. Finally Brett sighed and started to drive.
"I really am sorry" He said before driving away.

Spencer followed the young girl until she stopped at a payphone and called for a Uber. He quickly stole a car and rode by to pick her up.
"Hey, did you call for a Uber?" He said with a charming smile. She gave him a watery smile and got into the car.

Rita was never seen again and Los Angele was on heightened alert!

Alma sat up as the vision came to her so quick and with such force she felt as if she'd been punched.
She quickly sat up and closed her eyes allowing the vision to envelope. Brian slowly sat up not wanting to disturb what she was seeing. When the vision left her she looked at Brian.
"This is a first. We have to call the others" She said standing up and putting on some clothes.

When they all sat around Brian and Alma's dining table she told them what she had seen.
"He is young. Maybe 18 at the most. He's always had murder on his mind from a time when others can't conceive of such things. He knew that as a mortal he would be found out really quickly, so he paid a vampire to turn him and guide him. And now that he answers to no one, he's doing what feels natural to him. And slaughtering is what feels good. He won't leave the bodies laying about to be found, because he knows that once the body is discovered, he will be as good as caught. So he's got a special hiding place for his victims and even if he's caught he will never tell where they are." She said.
"How many has he murdered?" Brian asked.
"He just finished with his fourth. The first three were practice. Hookers, runaways" She said.
"And it's always women? No men?" Mick asked.
"Yes. Always women. And it's not because he needs to feel power or because he is incapable of sex with women. He kills because he saw it in the womb. His mother was pregnant when she was killed. He sensed her agony and pain and now he has to do it to others" Alma said.
"I don't understand" Josef said. "You would think sense he was present for his mother's murder, he'd be more inclined to kill men!" Josef said.
"His mother was a harlot. He truly feels that she and others like her have it coming." Alma said.
"Great! Now this freak is going to make life hell for every vampire!" Josef said downing his drink.
"We need to get Carl over here now!" Mick said. "And call The Cleaners" He said.

Blake Meyer was a transplant from British Columbia. When he got word that the vampires in California had made the decision to show themselves to the world, he knew he had to go there. And what riches were there! Beautiful women, amazing art and parties day in and day out. There were just a small handful of vampires in Canada and they were strictly old school. No one wanted to accompany him to the States. Of course permission had to asked and serious vetting was required, but when they saw he meant no harm, he was allowed to take residence. But vampires were not known for making friends easily. He was tired of being alone and it was for that reason only that he agreed to turn the youngster who so desperately wanted to become a vampire. When Blake asked him for his reason he answered truthfully. He wanted to drink blood. From women in particular. Strange, but what did it matter to him where he got his blood, but he sensed something was amiss.
Spencer had drawn attention to himself. Perhaps it was time to visit his old coven and beg for their forgiveness.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Katrina stood still listening to what Dragos was saying. For the most part she was all for the destruction of vampires if they broke a law, human or vampire, but a court system just to please humans? Why were humans so needy? She thought to herself.
"Of course My Lord, if that is what you wish" She said nodding her head. "May I ask who else will be included on this panel?" She asked.
"Alma of course, The Changeling and Gabriel St. John" Brian replied.
"If I may suggest, if we are to appear as a working body, I would like to add Mila to the panel. Her legal expertise will be needed to maneuver amongst the humans" She replied.
"That is a wonderful idea" Brian said taking out his mobile to make the call.

"I don't see why not Brian. You know humans can't be trusted. I will do whatever I can" Mila said thinking it was about time something like this happened. Based on her caseload alone, vampires needed to held accountable and the one thing she was certain of, was that humans were diabolical in ways that vampires couldn't fathom. And if it came to down to a showdown, vampires would lose.

Spencer looked at the woman for a long time while she slept. She looked so peaceful he felt it was a shame to wake her just to slaughter her. Her hair was jet black. So black that it looked to be another color all together.
"Stop it Spence!" He told himself, but when he started towards her something inside him made him stop. He tried again but was filled with a sense of dread at killing this woman. He quickly left the woman's house and went down to the strip. He soon spotted what he craved. There she was offering herself for money! He felt his fang lengthen in anticipation. He slowly walked over to her.
"You know that man standing over there is vice" He said walking over to her. She quickly looked over to the spot he indicated and saw the vice cop right away.
"Shit!" She said turning to walk quickly away. "Thanks" She said over her shoulder.
"Hey wait!" Spencer said jogging to catch up with her. "Did you still want a date?" He said with a charming smile.
"That's my line" She joked. "What you want?" She asked.
"I want whatever $100 will buy me" Spencer said. "I got a room right there" He said pointing to the run down motel.
"Let's go" She said walking with him. And then she vanished.
reinbeau
Mortal

Post by reinbeau »

I am so glad you have continued to write. I was away for a while, and it is sad to see how many have dropped off of the fandom.

Mila is a good addition.

Justice must be served.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Dee Dee Sumner was what beat cops referred to as solid. She was a no nonsense sort of woman who took no crap from anyone! A former prostitute who did time for killing her pimp, she made sure she was looking out for the girls who worked the streets of Los Angeles. She noticed that Jenni didn't show up for coffee that morning. She started asking around and no one had seen her since last night. She straightened her wig and started to look for a ride to the police station. Carl would find her.

Carl walked in and saw Dee Dee yelling at a rookie.
"If I knew where she was I wouldn't have walked my tired ass down here!" Dee Dee was yelling.
"Hey! Time out! Both of you!" Carl said standing between them. "What's going on?" Carl asked.
"I was telling this punk here that one of my girls is missing!" Dee Dee yelled. Carl took her arm and pulled her into his office.
"Let's hear it" Carl said pouring her a cup of coffee.
"It's Jenni. She didn't show up this morning." She said. Dee Dee had kind of taken over the hookers on the strip. Keeping them safe from beating and muggings. For all her girls that worked all night, they all met at Rocco's for coffee to report in and tell if other girls needed to be on the lookout for anyone.
'Had she ever missed a meet up before?" Carl asked.
"No. That's why I came here!" She said. "A Marlene over in SoCal told me some of her girls are missing too!" Carl wrote everything down.
"Dee Dee, I need you to spread the word to stay off the streets for a few days." Carl said.
"Ain't gonna happen. These girls gotta eat. They got bills to pay..." She began to say.
"The perp we're looking for doesn't give a shit about their bills or food or anything else. All he wants is them dead." Carl said making sure she got the point.
"It's that bad?" She asked.
"It's that bad" Carl said seeing her out.

For some reason, it was always college students who found a dead body. So when Carl got the call he wasn't surprised when he was speaking to two very frightened college students.

"What you got Carl?" Mick asked walking over to him.
"Got the call at around 9pm. Two college students were going spelunking and came across what looks to be a dumping site. All the victims look to be female, but we'll have to wait for the ME on that" Carl said.
"How many bodies?" Mick asked.
"Not sure. The bodies were torn apart or chopped up. Felix will have to assemble things before we get an exact count, but just by looking, I'd say 5-6" Carl said.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

reinbeau wrote:I am so glad you have continued to write. I was away for a while, and it is sad to see how many have dropped off of the fandom.

Mila is a good addition.

Justice must be served.
I feel the same way reinbeau! It's sad when people fade away. I can't imagine not writing fan fic here!
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

"What would you like to know first?" Felix asked looking at both Carl and Mick.
"Okay. By the living or the undead?" Carl asked preparing for an answer he didn't want to hear.
"Undead. Sorry Mick" Felix said. "The remains hold no blood whatsoever. Also the bodies were not cut or sawed, but literally torn or pulled apart. All the remains are female. Between the ages of 19-30. Out of the six five had some form of STD." Felix said.
"What was the actual cause of death?" Mick asked.
"Blunt force trauma. Something hard and something heavy" Felix replied.
"We can assume that all of these women were working girls since no one has reported them missing, so we need to keep a lid on this. No one has access to these bodies without my say so!" Carl said.
"I need to get a hold of Katrina" Mick said pulling out his phone.

Spencer saw the police at his hiding spot and knew he'd have to think if something quick.

"Alright, it looks like we're going to get a first hand look at how well our enforcement system works" Josef said to everyone. "A vampire is butchering prostitutes all over Los Angeles and his death toll is at 6. And for us, that's 6 too many. And don't think for a moment that humans are going to look the other way just because these women are prostitutes. Humans will bond together over cause pretty quick and pretty soon they're plotting on how to end us! So until this vamp is caught, I'm suspending feeding via freshie. And that means everyone. Dragos and myself included. We have vampires storing blood as we speak. So it's either retail or animal until further notice" Josef said. There was some grumbling but everyone knew that this would keep vampires safe for the time being.

Mick brought Katrina to the morgue.
"Do you think you'll be able to smell the vamp on the remains?" Mick asked.
"Perhaps" She said pulling out the drawer and touching the bones. She closed her eyes as she touched the bones. Then she placed her hands over her eyes. "This is one messed up young man" She said finally.
"Did you see him?" Mick asked anxiously.
"Yes. Not very impressive. If he had waited until he was a bit older for the transformation, he would have been quite sexy." Katrina said. Mick sighed. Everything was always sexual with Nosferatu! "He loves to kill. And not for reasons that humans love to hold on to. A hatred of mother, or he cannot perform. He kills because he enjoys it more than life itself. A vampire from Vancouver is responsible. This kid paid him for a turning. Now he is without a sire". Katrina said.
"We need to find his sire" Mick said.
"Oh, we will bring Mr. Meyer to justice. We allowed him to relocated here, but under the stipulation that he would turn no one. He broke that law and he will be executed." She said.
Mick knew a couple of vampires in Canada. They were a peaceful, quiet law abiding coven. What this vampire had done was serious. Very serious.

Spencer walked into the plush office admiring the décor.
"May I help you?" A well dressed young man said to him.
"Yeah. I've come to declare sanctuary" Spencer said. The young man's eyes opened wide and he picked up the phone to speak with someone.
"Can you tell me what you've done?" The young man asked.
"I murdered some girls" He said shrugging his shoulders.
"Human girls I am to assume?".
"Yeah. I don't think I'm strong enough to murder a vampire girl" he said with a smile.
"Have a seat. Someone will be with you shortly" The young man said.

Mila looked up from her work when she received the call. Sanctuary. This was indeed serious. She had studied with Balthazar the need for Sanctuary when a vampire had committed an unspeakable crime. Sanctuary saved them from destruction and usually allowed them to be banished for eternity. But no one had called for this since HH Holmes tried using it in his defense for the atrocious murders he committed in 1893. And he was denied.

Blake unlocked the door to his house and closed his eyes. Why had he even thought of leaving all this behind? He was turning around when he saw his elders at his door.
"My dear brothers!" Blake said walking towards them with open arms. "You were right. I never should have left you" He said with a small smile. Then he saw The Cleaners behind them.
"Brother Blake" One of the Elders said to him. "You will be taken back to the United States for Breach of Contract Law." He finished.
"What? I've broken no laws!" He yelled.
"You turned a young man and left him to his own devices." The Cleaner said. "Take him" She ordered.
Last edited by Ella713 on Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Mila walked into the Conference Room.
"Hello. I understand you wish to declare Sanctuary?" She asked. Spencer looked at the young woman who looked too young to be an attorney.
"You're an attorney?" He asked in surprise. Mila shook her head.
"Yes. I'm an attorney and you are the client. Now that that 's out of the way, tell me what you've done" Mila said.
"I murdered some women" He replied.
"How many?" Mila asked.
"6" He said.
"Why?"
"Why not? I liked killing them. I'm a vampire. It's what we do." He said casually.
"I applaud you for your candor, unfortunately killing because you want to doesn't qualify you for Sanctuary." Mila said. "But if you will take some advice. Chill out on the killing. Disclosure has made all vampires vulnerable and no one is immune." Mila said standing up.
"Wait!" Spencer said. "I was told by my sire that if I screwed up, all I had to do was declare Sanctuary!"
"It doesn't work that way. You can't be pardoned from crimes you made the choice to commit. Sanctuary is in place to protect vampires who had no choice in their crimes. It's not a free pass to kill" Mila said.
"Why the hell not? I mean we are at the top of the food chain. We can do whatever we like!" He said slowly standing up and pulling his chair aside. Mila watched the guy as his fangs appeared and his eyes began to glow bright red. "And right now, since I've got nothing to lose, I've got a real appetite for lawyers" He said quickly running at her. Mila stared at the vampire and simply shook her head.
"Looks like I'm going to have to take case after all" She said. Spencer stopped and looked at the young woman.
"Sorry babe. As I said. I ain't got nothing to lose" He said with a sinister grin.
"Alright then. That's your choice" Mila said picking up her materials and walking towards the door. Spencer marveled at the woman's nonchalant attitude. Little good it would do her. As he started for her, his body froze suddenly. What the hell was going on? He thought.
"What the hell did you do?!" He yelled.
"You really have no idea what's going on do you?" Mila asked in wonder, thinking that this sire should be destroyed on the spot for what he had done.
"Answer me!! What did you do?" He yelled again.
"I am protected by the one vampire who could drop you where you stand just by saying the words. And you my friend have screwed up big time. But I'm going to file Sanctuary papers for you, because you're an idiot. And if your sire had of kept his fangs to himself, you'd be in jail by now." Mila said still shaking her head and mentally alerting Brian of the situation.
"Screw you lady!!" Spencer said still trying to move towards Mila and having no success. Suddenly the door opened and there Brian stood. Spencer looked at the man and felt fear like he had never known.
"So, what do we have here Mila?" Brain asked walking over to her.
"This is a Sanctuary case" Mila said. Brian's eyes opened wide.
"Are you sure?" Brian asked.
"Yes. His sire screwed up in a major way" Mila replied.
"What has he done?" Brian asked.
"Murder. 6 women. Said he felt like it. He thought he would be granted automatic Sanctuary. Said his sire told him that was how it worked. When I explained to him how it truly worked, he thought he'd add me to his murder list." Mil explained.
"You really shouldn't have done that" Brian said to the young man. "For that alone I should set your flesh a blaze. You do know she's trying to help you?"
"What have you done to me, you bastard! Let me go!" Spencer growled.
"Well. Looks like you have your first Vampire Court appearance" Brian said.

The members of the Jury Panel were notified and Carl was called to witness the first proceedings.

"Wow, you guys don't waste any time do you?" Carl remarked.
"Humans could learn from us you know?" Josef said.
"Well, we're human, we sometimes make mistakes. We don't want anyone to go to prison if they didn't commit the crime." Carl said. "Heaven forbid someone be executed who was innocent"
Josef waived his hand in air like none of that mattered. Carl suddenly realized that human life meant little to vampires.

Alma stood up addressed the court.
"We are brought here today due to the crimes of this vampire who has by his own admission confessed to the murder of 6 human women. The court has been told there are circumstances we need to hear" Alma said taking her seat as Mila stood.
"As much as I would like to see this vampire receive the justice of this court, I must plead on the grounds of Sanctuary. His sire who by law was responsible for his instruction, did not do so in the vampires best interests. Then was abandoned before the lawful time Mila said. Gabriel stood up.
"Has the vampire expressed remorse?" He asked.
"No he has not. He seemed to think that killing these humans was his right" She said. Kimberly stood up.
"Bring in the sire" Kimberly requested. Blake was brought to the room. "You are this young man's sire?" Kimberly asked.
"Yes. Forgive me, but it was I" He said sadly.
"What was your reason for an unauthorized turning?" Alma asked.
"I had come to the States by myself. My coven in Canada would not relocate. So I was alone and very lonely. It was not as easy to make friends as I had thought. And when he approached me, offering money to be turned, I thought that it would work well to have a partner." Blake explained.
"And what was your reason for abandoning him?" Gabriel asked.
"I....was afraid. He realized the power that he had acquired, he was violent and unruly" Blake said.
"And yet, you didn't report him. When you were vetted you were given all of this information" Gabriel said.
"I knew that I hadn't asked for permission" Blake said with head down. Katrina finally stood and spoke.
"You have put vampires at your risk due to your negligence! It is time to vote!" Katrina said. Everyone nodded and spoke in whispers, then Alma stood.
"You Blake, are to be destroyed." Alma said. "Please kneel" She ordered.
"No! Please!!!" Blake yelled as he was forced to his knees. Katrina held up the sword and took his head off.
"Sanctuary has been accepted for this vampire" Alma said and the others nodded their heads. Spencer smiled to himself. Being a vampire was the best decision he had ever made.
Mila stood again.
"If I may add one more thing?" She said turning to Brian. "I would like to request that Spencer be stripped of being a vampire. He will continue to slaughter as soon as he is released. He will not use this opportunity to change. He is what he is." Mila said.
"You stupid cow!! You can't do that! I will freaking kill you!!" Spencer yelled trying to run at Mila who stood still shaking her head. Brian stepped forward.
"So ordered" He said and closed his eyes. "It is done". Brian said.
"What?!! You bastard!! I'll kill all of you!!" He said running towards Brian. Brian slapped that man across the cheek and Spencer fell to the ground. He slowly got up with his hand pressed against his cheek. "I'll show you!! Just watch and see how many human I can kill before I'm caught!" He said.
Carl came up behind him.
"Fortunately, I'm arresting you now, for the six murders you already committed" Carl said slapping the cuffs on him.
"No way! You can't do that!!"
"Yes I can. You're human now. Since you have no standing as a vampire, you're former attorney is free to testify that you confessed." Carl said leading the man away.
"Make sure the DA asks for the Death Penalty for him." Josef said. "Well that wasn't too bad" Josef said with a smile.
"That was just the beginning Josef" Mila said.

The End

Return to “Ella713's Office”