Ella713
Courtesan

Brighter Days Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
Brighter Days
Rated PG
By Ella713

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

With so many changes taking place Brian, Josef and Gabriel try to deal with their Angelic state

Isabelle awoke suddenly and saw that Josef was no longer beside her. She quickly threw on a robe and opened the bedroom door.
"Josef?" She called out. She saw Josef standing on the balcony completely naked with the sun beating down on him. He must have heard her approach because he slowly turned around. "The sun no longer bothers you?" Isabelle asked.
"No, and it feels really strange. Not like I remember it, if I ever remembered it at all" He said with a grin.
"You are happy then?" She asked.
"I suppose I am. It's hard to explain. It's like living your life just one way and one way only then someone tells you that you're no longer that person anymore, but someone completely different. It's like that. It's going to take a while to embrace" He replied.
"So, no more killings? No more tar pits? No more orgies?" Isabelle asked.
"Baby steps my love. Baby steps" he joked with a smile

Beth woke up not knowing what to expect. She felt the same as she had before but she knew she was mortal again, because her arm was asleep. She walked to the kitchen and started to make coffee. Very strong coffee. Now this she did miss and when the coffee started to brew she saw Mick walk into the kitchen,
"Ahhh, coffee!" He said stretching his arms.
"You're arms asleep too?" Beth asked.
"Yeah. I forgot about that" He said grabbing a mug. "We're going to have to get used to actually doing things again." He said taking a long drink of the hot coffee Beth handed him. "Like exercising so we don't get fat" He said placing his hand on his flat stomach.

Zoe simply stared at her husband. She really should have known that Gabriel was not an ordinary vampire. There was always something so inherently good about him.
"Do you think I'm beautiful?" He said to her with a smile. "I feel you staring at me"
"I suppose you are now that I study you" She joked. He opened his eyes a sat up to kiss her. "Wow! An Angel. I don't know what to say and I'm a Christian". Zoe said.
"What do you want to say? Truly?" Gabriel asked.
"Can you smite me?" She asked.
"Sm...smite you? Zoe? Are you serious? That's what you want to say?" He said sitting up laughing.
"Well, perhaps that was silly question. Can we still make love or is that, you know, frowned upon?"
"Zoe. You are my wife and we have been both completely loyal and true to one another. This is what Father wanted for all mankind, so to answer your question, yes we can make love" He said.
"Good" Zoe said jumping on top of him "Because that would have been a deal breaker!" She laughed as she kissed him.

"I know what you're thinking Brian" Alma said placing her arms around his shoulders.
"Oh do you now?" Brian teased. "Okay wife of mine, what am I thinking?" Brian asked. Alma studied her husband then held him tightly.
"Brian, you have to ask him. He is your father. Do you really think he won't tell you?" Alma asked.
"I don't question what I'm told although bits and pieces here and there can at times be frustrating, but yes I would like to know his plans for us. All of us." Brian said.
"You mean humanity?" Alma asked.
"No. That plan can be read in Revelation. I mean his plan for you, Zoe, Ted, Mila, Angela. Anyone who was healed by use of vampire blood. It is them that I have questions about." Brian explained.
"I'm sure he will tell you at the right time Brian" Alma said, but now she wondered about what Brian had said. What would happen to those who were turned by these Angelic ones? Were they now damned?

Mick heard a knock at the door and went to answer it.
"Carl, what's going on?" Mick asked as he opened the door wider for him to enter.
"Look Mick, we need to talk. People are starting to ask questions. It started with the kids who were dead then all of a sudden not dead.........people think these kids were turned..."
"Carl, those little ones are NOT vampires.....I mean yeah they were dead and we know that for sure.....but...I don't even know if I'm allowed to tell you" Mick tried to explain. "Have you eaten? We picked up some take out"
"You expecting someone?" Carl asked. Mick led him to the dinning room table and Beth brought out a variety of containers and laid them on the table.
"Carl! How are things? How's Angela and Jackson?" Beth asked with a smile.
"They're both fine.......this is a lot of food..." he said looking at the table.
"Carl we have something to tell you.....and it's going to come as a shock but Mick and I are mortal again" Beth said as she started to serve what looked to be Indian food onto his plate. Carl looked at them in surprise. Mick began to eat immediately.
"Babe this is so good. Where's this from?"
"Bombay Gardens" Beth replied digging into her dish as well. Carl stared at them in wonder.
"How is this possible?" Carl asked.
"You'll have to speak with Brian or Josef, because we don't really know at all" Mick said.

Carl thought he was in a Twilight Zone episode. Children who were dead now alive again, and his two best friends who were vampires suddenly become human again!
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Brighter Days Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Carl went back to the office more confused than ever. But that's what life was like when you were friends with vampires.....or vampires that aren't vampires anymore? What the hell was going on.

Alanna Meyers looked at her son as he ate his bowl of cereal. He appeared to be perfectly normal. Exactly the same.
"Bobby, mommy needs to ask you a question" She asked slowly.
"Ok mom" He said wiping the milk from mouth.
"Do you remember what happened on Halloween?" She asked. Bobby stopped and looked down at the table. He slowly nodded his head. "Can you tell mommy what happened?"
"A scary man snatched me from in front of the Freeman's house. He was scary mommy" Bobby said with tears building up in his eyes.
"Had you ever seen this man before?"
Bobby shook his head. "What did the man do to you baby?" Alanna asked sobbing.
"He said he was Lucifer and he was going to sacritise me" He said wiping the tears from his cheeks.
"Sacrifice?"
Bobby nodded his head again.
"What happened then?"
"I don't remember....mommy can I go upstairs and watch tv?" He asked.
"Sure Bobby. Go on. I'll clean up" Alanna said. What the hell happened to her son?

Gabriel walked into Kostan Industries for his first day as Lead Counsel. He picked up his identification in Human Resources then went to Brian's office.
"Little one you are ready for your first day?" Isabelle said walking over to peck his cheek. Gabriel closed his eyes.
"You have to stop calling me that" Gabriel said with a smile.
"Gabe, we have some very pressing matters at hand. Have a seat." Brian said. "A lot of questions are being asked about the children who were dead. Josef and I think this may cause some trouble. We need to work on an idea that will ease some minds right now. We don't want people to think vampires we're responsible for this" Brian said.
"Do you have a list of the parents?" Gabriel asked. Brian handed him the list and after glancing it over he nodded his head.
"I'll take care of it" Gabriel said standing up.
"Welcome to Kostan Industries" Brian said with a large smile.

Carl walked up to his home and stopped. He smelled food. He quietly unlocked the door and unsnapped the holster clip.
"Carl" He heard his wife say.
"Ang are you cooking?" He asked as he walked in and shut the door behind him.
"The most amazing thing happened today.......both Jackson and I....well,....."
"You ate food" Carl said trying not to sound surprised.
"You know?" Angela asked.
"I was told this happened to Mick and Beth"
"Honey, I don't know why it's possible but I'm so happy all this over!" She said running to him and kissing him passionately. "Are you hungry?"
"I'm starved" He said placing his arm around her.
"I had a craving for pot roast and potatoes, so that's what we're having!"

Gabriel pulled up to the cute Cape Cod house. The lawn was neat and trimmed and beautiful hydrangeas bloomed on the sides of the house. A happy family lived here, Gabriel said to himself as he rang the doorbell. A very pretty blonde opened the door.
"Yes, may I help you?" She said.
"My name is John and I'm from the hospital and I wanted to speak with you regarding your son" Gabriel said calmly staring straight into her eyes.
Alanna nodded her head and let Gabriel in.
"Please call your son to me" Gabriel said and Alanna did as she was told. Bobby made his way down the steps thinking he was in trouble.
"Hello Bobby. It is Bobby right?" Gabriel said standing in from of him. Gabriel stooped down so he was eye level with the little boy. "Bobby, I want you to forget what happened to you on Halloween. You stayed home watching scary movies with your mom and dad. That's what you will tell people" Gabriel said. Bobby nodded his head and turned to go back upstairs. Gabriel looked deeply into Alanna's eyes.
"You will forget I was here" He said as he turned to leave making sure the door was locked before he left. Gabriel visited the homes of all the other missing children and then left for home.

Alma lit the seeing herbs and waited for Emma to speak to her.
"What do I need to know? Is there something else for us?" Alma asked.
"You talkin like Emma suppose to be some crystal ball!" She heard Emma reply. "You just gotta trust your husband. The good Lord will guide him from now on" She finished.
"So that's it? No more threats no more surprises?" Alma asked.
"Well mankind will do something they ain't got no business doing. That just the way of man. Can't be nothing done about that."
"So no more vampires?"
"Only for them that wants it. Some want it so bad they do most things to keep it. But for them that don't they be already turned alive again"
"What about me? This isn't something I wanted. I accepted it...but.."
"You gotta be like your husband. You don't get no choice in the matter" Emma said in a harsh voice.

So that was it. Alama would be forever this way.

Angela was relieved that things would be back to normal. For she would be forever grateful to Brian for what he did to save her and Jackson, she was also grateful to be mortal again. Now she thought about having more children, so Jackson would have siblings to grow up and play with. She wanted that more than anything in the world.

Carl tried to talk Mick out of helping out with the case he was working on. Now that Mick was mortal something could happen. Something dangerous, but Mick was devoted to keeping the city of Los Angeles safe for everyone and nothing would stop him.
"Look Mick, you can't do this! Locke Zahn is a serious felon! He's got a wrap sheet longer than Mariah Carrey can hold a note" Carl said.
"Carl, I've been helping you on this case since day 1. You can't ask me to walk away" Mick said in a pleading tone. Carl reached in his cabinet and tossed Mick a vest.
"Put it on and don't take it off!" Carl ordered. "Here you'll need a weapon." Carl said giving him a police issue Glock. "Mick......don't be a hero. Do you hear me? There's a lot this guy can do to you, and you're not the guy you were when we first met." Carl explained.
"I got it Carl. Trust me." Mick assured. Carl had a bad feeling about this but all he could to make sure Mick would be safe would be to assign a uniform to him and make sure he didn't run off half cocked.

When Carl and the Federal Marshalls stepped out the van Mick took a deep breath. I'm mortal. He thought to himself. I could die and leave Beth and my family alone.
"St. John you going?" Officer Conners said to him as he was stepping out of the van. Mick shook his head and when he was alone in the vehicle he had to admit that he missed being a vampire. What had he done?

Locke Zahn figured his days were numbered. But hey, he had a good run. He knew that the cops, the Feds and Bounty Hunters would soon be on their way. He pulled out his gun and checked to make sure it was loaded. If he had to die, at least he would take as many cops as he could to hell with him!

The cops headed toward the burned out building where Locke was rumored to be hiding. The tacktical assault had climbed the roofs of nearby buildings to get snipers in place.
"Alright. On my count" The Marshall whispered to the team. "One, two, three!" They busted through the entry way as the officers ran inside.

Mick still sat in the van with his eyes closed thinking of what his life had become, when he felt what he knew to be a gun pressed to his temple. Mick quickly opened his eyes and saw that his guess was correct.
"You a cop lazy ass?" Locke asked in a whisper. Mick shook his head slowly. "You got the keys to this piece of crap van?" Locke asked. Again Mick shook his head. Locke grabbed Mick by the collar of his shirt and tossed him out of the van but soon he heard the Marshall approaching. He grabbed Mick from behind and pressed the gun back to his temple.

Carl and one of his officers were the first to arrive back at the van. They pulled their guns out immediately.
"Locke! Come on man, you're in enough trouble as it is don't make it harder for yourself" Carl tried to reason. Lock tightened his grip around Mick's neck and tugged him closer.
"Screw you man! I ain't going back! And don't give me that shit about you talking to the D.A. about a reduced sentence!" He screamed.
"Alright! No BS!" Carl said. "You're not going to have a long life in jail. You're going to get the needle and that's a fact. You have nothing to gain from this" Carl finished. Locke looked at Mick who was struggling under his tight grip.
"But you know what? I ain't got nothing to lose either" He said getting ready to pull the trigger. Carl knew even he did get his shot off first, Locke could still kill Mick....his friend. His best friend. Carl looked at Mick silently praying. Silently telling him to kick this dirt bags ass. He saw Mick twitch a bit in Locke's grip with his eyes closed and when he opened them, Carl saw. The red eyes! The fangs!
Mick grabbed Locke's arm and knocked the gun to the ground. Locke's eyes grew large with fright when he saw how Mick had changed. He began to crawl away from Mick.
"Do something!!" Locke screamed to Carl and the officers "You can't do this!!" was the last thing Locke said as Mick tore into his throat and began to drink. Carl looked around to see who was watching the events and unfold and saw the US Marshall
"I can explain...." Carl began to say. The US Marshall looked at the scene in front of him. The officer's expressions, and Mick holding Locke's limp dead body in his fists.
"Self-defense" The Marshall said. "A clear case of self-defense. Locke had a gun and pulled it on Mr. St. John. Good work St. John. One less scumbag to waste tax payers money on" He said motioning to his guys to pack up. He pulled a handkerchief out of his jacket pocket and walked over and handed it to Mick. "Good work indeed" He said before turning to leave "Oh, Capt. Davis? Locke fell off the cliffs into the ocean. We won't be sending divers in to look for the body" he said walking away.
Carl slowly walked over to Mick who was covered in blood and pulled him into a tight embrace.
"I thought I was going to lose you" Carl said releasing his hold on Mick. "What happened?"
"I don't know....." Mick said slowly
"Come on man. Let's get you to Julian quick" He said.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Brighter Days Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Julian examined Mick thoroughly and stepped back to face him.
"It appears that you are indeed a vampire once more, but I cannot explain your returning to a mortal state. These things defy medical knowledge as I'm sure you understand" Julian said shaking his head.
"What's going to happen to Beth?" Mick asked.
"I can't tell you that. These things are from above Mick, all you can do is accept and move on" Julian said walking him out of the examining room. Beth came running over to him.
"Mick! Carl called and told me what happened!" She said throwing herself into his arms.
"I'm sorry Babe. I don't know how it happened" Mick said to her.

Brian walked through the door and stared at his father.
"Brian what happened? I thought I was done with this once and for all" Mick yelled.
"Dad, it appears you wanted to be a vampire more than you claim. That want manifested itself. There's nothing I can do" Brian said.
"Brian, what about me? Am I supposed to be mortal again for ever?" Beth asked becoming frightened that her and Mick would be back at the beginning of their relationship.
"Your want is Dad's want. Always has been. I'd be surprised if you weren't a vampire already." Brian said. Julian handed Beth a small glass of blood and she devoured it. "Looks like you two were meant to be together always" Brian said with a smile. Carl walked over to Mick and Beth and hugged them both.
"I'm happy you two are back to normal. I never thought I'd ever say this, but Los Angeles needs vampires. Humans, present company excluded of course, are idiots. That won't change. We need you." Carl admitted.
"Thanks man for always being there with us" Mick said giving him a brief hug.

Brian looked over at Carl.
"Isabelle has taken care of the body. It will not be found." Brian said.
"Thanks Brian" Carl said.
"And congratulations by the by" Brian said suddenly.
"Well, once we figured out that Locke's grandmother had a house in the area...."
"Oh, not that but congratulations on that as well" Brian said.
"Okay, what are you congratulating me for?" Carl asked confused.
"Angela is with child. You may have a little girl this time" Brain said with a smile.
"What? That can't be possible! She only just reverted back to being human again" Carl said.
"Carl, did you not pay attention to health classes? Sperm is alive and viable for up to 5 days in a woman's reproductive system." Brian explained.
"I'll see you guys later!" Carl said as he out the door. Brian watched him leave and turned to face his parents.
"I must go now." He said slowly.
"Brian what's wrong?" Beth asked anxiously.
"The father wants to see me" Brian said lifting his head up and being taken into a wash of bright light.

The End

Return to “Ella713's Office”