Ella713
Courtesan

Knock Three Times (Rewrite)

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
Knock Three Times
Rated PG
By Ella713

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Lucifer finds his way back to Earth and all vampires must stand against him for the final showdown. :eek2:

Isabelle knew that something was not quite right when she left for Kostan Industries. Josef was not at her side this morning which meant he was already at work which was rare unless something major had happened. She urged Harold to hurry to the office and when she arrived she saw LAPD and the FBI parked in front of the building. She quickly walked in and found Jason the head of security.
"What has happened?" she asked
"4 children were found on the premises. Drained." he said in a hushed whisper.
"Have you pulled up surveillance?" She asked.
"Yes. The authorities are reviewing it now, but I there was nothing. It's like the kids just appeared out of no where" Jason said becoming scared.

A FBI agent walked over to them.
"Mrs. Kostan, will you come with me please?" He said taking her gently by the arm. They took the elevator to Josef's private offices.
"Mrs. Kostan, I'm Deputy Director McMullen of Violent Crimes, can you tell me where you were at the hours between 10pm and 4am?" He asked.
"Home. Unless Josef and I have something to attend we often stay in during Halloween festivities" She stated.
"Can you tell me what you two did?" He asked.
"We had a brandy and listened to music with another couple who lives in our building. We made love from approximately 12am to 4:15am" She said. The man looked at her with a smirk on his face
"4 Hours?" He said in disbelief.
"That is hardly a record. It is actually a relatively short time" She replied. Deputy McMullen said nothing as he had heard this from Josef Kostan himself, but he wanted to see if she would cooperate the same story. "What has happened?" She asked again.
"Sometime between the hours of 3 to 6am 4 children were abducted, drained of the blood and found on the 8th floor of this building, now seeing as you and your husband an some of his staff are indeed vampires we would like to get an account of all of your whereabouts." He said. writing what she said down.
"How old are these children?" She asked.
"They range between the ages of 7-11" He said, knowing what she would say next. "And before you point it out, yes we have been told that vampires do not feed on children of that age" He said. "But finding 4 children drained of blood inside a corporation run by vampires is something we have to follow up on" He finished.
"Where is my husband?" Isabelle asked.

Beth was answering emails when she head the news on the television. She closed her laptop and quickly got Mick.
"Babe, you have to hear this!" She called out to him. Mick came downstairs and stood behind her as he heard the report. "Do you think that anyone at Kostan Inc. would do something so blatant?" Beth said although she knew it was impossible. The rules there were beyond strict and appearance meant everything.
"I don't believe this! No one employed by Josef would do anything like this. And did he say they were children?"
"Yeah. 3 boys and a girl out Trick or Treating last night. They didn't mention the ages" Beth said.
"We need to talk with Alma. Now." Mick said grabbing his keys.

When they pulled up to Josef's building the police were already there.
"Looks like were taking an alternative route" Beth said. They pulled into a parking space across the street for Josef's apartment and began to walk towards the back of the building. Mick looked up and saw that one balcony door was open.
"I don't know who's apartment that is, but we have to get in." Mick said as he and Beth jumped quickly to the balcony and quietly stood inside. A couple that Mick had seen before a few times.
"Hi, I'm Sidney and this is my wife Tracey. Alma asked up to open our balcony door early this morning. She said you two would be coming. She's upstairs waiting for you" Sidney said.

"I see you made it" Alma said ushering them in quickly.
"Alma what the hell is going on?" Mick asked.
"Lucifer has returned" Alma said.
Mick and Beth looked at each other and held each other's hand tightly.
"Why is he back? I thought he was going to be done for a long time?" Beth said trying to remember what had happened before.
"He has escaped. With Brian finding out his true self Lucifer wants to try again to get Brian to work with him. And he is prepared to kill many. These poor unfortunate children will be the first of many to come" Alma said.
"Is there anything we can do?" Mick asked.
"I'm sorry Mick. There's nothing we can do but wait." Alma said in a calm voice.
"Wait for what? Alma you don't understand. Humans will lash out, we are all in danger!" Beth cried out.
"You have to trust in Brian and Josef. Only they can defeat the devil"

Mick had no idea what that meant, but he had always trusted Emma. And he now trusted Alma. It was up to his son and his best friend.

Lucifer knew that Brian had finally found out who he truly was. Lucifer hadn't wanted it to be revealed this quickly. He wanted Brian to be in his charge then he would reveal to him who he was and what he was destined to be. But something had happened to change course. he didn't know what it was but it was something very strong and very familiar.

Deputy McMullen spoke to the Medical Examiner.
"Is this the work of a vampire?" He asked right off the bat. Felix looked up from the bodies and nodded his head,
"I'm afraid so. Do you see these puncture wounds here? All around the wound is a saliva type substance. It's way different from a humans saliva glands. These are surrounded by a bile like substance that secretes from a vampires bite" He said pulling the sheets back over the little girl dressed as some kind of princess and the 3 little boys in their superhero costumes.
"Alright get them to the morgue and have their parents make a positive I.D." McMullen said. "Wait!" He called out to Felix. "Is there anyway to tell if the saliva from the victims matches any of the vampires here?" He asked in a hopeful voice.
"We haven't caught up that far, I'm afraid. This is all brand new territory for us" Felix said.
McMullen had no choice. He was going to have to arrest and hold all the vampires at Kostan Industries. And something told him that wasn't going to be easy.

"Mr. Kostan" McMullen said to him.
"We have already alerted the vampire staff here. We're going to go with you." Josef said looking at Brian. McMullen was leading Josef, Brian, Isabelle and 7 other vampires from Kostan Inc. Carl was just getting out of his car and running to the scene.
"Excuse me!!" he called out flashing his badge. "I'm Captain Carl Davis of the LAPD. I need to speak to these two suspects." He said to the FBI man leading them into a van.
"I'm sorry Captain Davis the these vampires are being held for questioning" He said.
"Then at least let me ride with. The questions will be the time it takes you to drive them to holding?" Carl said. The FBI agent spoke to his boss who nodded his head and Carl was allowed to rid in the van. When the door was shut and they had taken off Carl started to ask questions.
"Josef what's going on here? Kids drained in your office?" Carl asked knowing that none of them would do something so vile.
"Carl someone is setting vampires up in a very public way. After this, no one will trust us no matter how many cures Abigail is able to create" Josef said.
"Do you have any clue as to who would do something like this you?" Carl asked.
"It's Lucifer" Brian finally said.
"Okay, Lucifer....what's his last name?" Carl asked thinking it was just some whack job they knew who wanted to sound scary with the name. Brian turned to look at Carl in all seriousness.
"It's the Devil Carl." He said. Carl stopped writing and stared at them all.
"Your not pulling my leg are you?" Carl asked. Brian slowly shook his head.
Carl sat back in the van trying to wrap his mind around the fact that everything he learned as a child in church was true. A single tear slid down Carl's cheek. "Oh God" He whispered.
"I'm afraid he's going to want us to handle this ourselves" Brian said as they drove on.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Knock Three Times

Post by Ella713 »

"Alma, do you know what's going to happen?" Beth asked.
"Yes. And Brian knows as well. Lucifer will be defeated because that was God's plan all along. But the mess that Lucifer will leave behind will leave us very vulnerable." Alma said.
"They won't trust us anymore, if we ever had their trust to begin with" Mick said wishing he would have taken Brian up on his offer to switch him back to being human.
"He will do that for you both" Alma said plucking the thought from Mick's mind.
"Do what?" Beth asked looking at both Mick and Alma wanting to know what they were hiding.
"Release you from this curse" Alma said. Beth stood up
"You mean make us human again? Why would he do that?" Beth asked.
"You two need to talk" Alma said as she left the room.
"Talk about what?" Beth asked.
"Honey, when Brian found out he was an angel he asked me if I wanted to be mortal again. I told him no because it was too late. You were already a vampire and our relationship had changed." Mick said.
"Then what do we have to talk about? Are you saying you want to be human again? You want to be turned back?" Beth asked in a panicked voice. She loved her new life and wouldn't want to trade it for anything!
"Babe, I don't know. Before we were married all I wanted was to find a cure. Then Coraline gave me that temporary cure and for the first time in a long while I was happy. Really happy. I knew that the only way we could ever be together as a couple was if I were like you or you were like me. But it was never what I wanted. To take your life and damn you for eternity" Mick said.
"Mick I chose this life! I wanted to be with you forever and this was the only way we could have it"
"But you love the vampire life as well Beth. It's not just me your love". Mick said finally saying what he knew she was afraid to say.
"Yes, I love this life, but not more than I love you" She said sitting down next to him and kissing his temple.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Lucifer looked at the bodies of the other children he had killed. One actually had a devil costume. What fools mortal were! And as he vanished from the apartment of Mick St. John he had to laugh at Coraline's utter devotion to St. John. She was killed because she wanted to give up absolutely everything to have him by her side. Stupid woman!! But now he had more pressing things to focus on. Adriel would not come with him easily. He had Kostan and the Cleaner to contend with. Dragos had trained his children in the ancient way of battle. Isabelle would be a formidable foe. He would have to dispose of Kostan first then Adriel and possibly the cleaner as well would follow him into the destruction of mortals!

"You can't go home!" Alma yelled to them as they were getting ready to walk out the door.
"Lucifer has planted the bodies of children in your apartment. The authorities will be looking for you" Alma said quickly laying down the cards and flipping them over.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

They arrived at the FBI holding center and McMullen led all the vampires into holding cells.
"Alright. Can I have your word that you won't hurt of kill anyone escaping from here?" He asked.
"Everyone in this building is safe from us" Josef said. with his eyes closed thinking he could perhaps rest for while.
When they were alone everyone wanted to ask a question but Brian wouldn't allow them to. They were being watched. They heard Brian's voice inside their minds and they all closed their eyes to rest. Isabelle was placed with two other female vampires into a spare meeting space. They too closed their eyes and rested.

"What are going to do?" Mick asked as Alma turned over each card. Alma listened to Brian's voice.
"Quick they are coming up here. Take my hand!" Alma said to them. She followed Brian's instructions. Maybe it would be alright.

Mick Beth and Alma were seated at her dining room table when they heard a knock at the door. Alma got up and went to answer it.
"Hello mam. My name is Agent Calver and I need to ask you some questions. May I come in?" He said walking in before she answered.
"Of course come on in. We were just having lunch" She said as she walked back to the table. "Would you like a cup of coffee?" She asked holding up the coffee pot. Agent Colver looked at the delicious spread that was on the table.
"Yes. A cup of coffee if you don't mind" He said taking the amazing smelling brew from her hand.
"Please have a seat." Alma said. "Can I interest you in some quiche and pastries?" She asked innocently.
"Thank you." The Agent said politely.
"Let's eat a bit then you can tell us why you're here" Alma said eating the food and looking at Mick and Beth as they ate greedily. After they had finished and were sitting back sipping coffee Alma finally spoke up.
"So, what can we help you with?" She asked. Agent Colver sat back feeling like he had had the best meal ever in his life.
"Oh yes, can I have your names please?" He said pulling out his pad and pen.
"My name is Helen Crook and these are my friends Rosemary and Brad Cameron" Alma said. Agent Colver wrote down the information.
"We're asking everyone who lives in this building about the bodies that were found in Kostan, Inc. and the St. John apartment. Do either of you know anything?"
"Well, I don't. All the people in this building are good people even if they do drink blood. They certainly wouldn't murder anybody, especially children!" Alma said in mild surprise.
"What about you two?" He asked pointing to Mick and Beth.
"Oh, they don't speak English. These are my friends from Sweden. They're visiting for the week" Alma said.
"Really? My parents and grandparents are of Swedish decent. I speak a little" He said with a smile. "You mind?" He asked to Alma. At her nod he began to speak a pretty decent amount of Swedish. Beth looked at Mick not knowing what to do. Suddenly Mick started to speak rapid Swedish and after 10 minutes the Agent thanked them for their time and the meal. When he had left Mick and Beth looked at Alma in shock.
"How the hell did you do that?" Mick asked.
"It was your son Gabriel. He blinded the Agent to see and hear what he wanted to hear and what he wanted to know." Alma explained.
"How?" Beth asked in disbelief.
"Well....I might as well tell you. You're going to find out anyway when all this is over......Gabriel's an angel too" Alma said. " He is Kiramad The recorder of human thoughts, acts and feelings. He is a very powerful Angel. He has the ability to pull things from your mind and blind you as punishment" She finished.
"How long have you known this?" Mick said becoming angry that something as important as this would be kept from him and Beth!
"I've only known for a short while. Gabriel wanted to tell you himself."
"How is all this possible?" Beth said.
"You will have to ask Brian." She said.

Deputy McMullen came to the cell where the vampires were being held. They watched them for over three hours and all they had done was sleep. Something wasn't right. And now they had found more dead children in the home of friends of Kostan. This was looking like a set up.
"Wake up!!!" he yelled out loud. "We're releasing you" He said.
"What's going on?" Josef asked.
"We found another group of dead children. In the apartment of your friends the St. Johns. We know it wasn't you or your people, but we're hoping you can help us. Who's got it in for you?" He asked.
"I honestly don't know. Venture Capitalism is a big industry but we're not in the habit of losing our Board of Directors money" Josef said as they were leaving.
"If you find out anything we would appreciate a call" McMullen said handing him a card with his mobile number listed. He watched them leave but had them tailed.

Missy Tincher was 13 and this was going to be her first Trick of Treating with no grown ups holding her hand. Her parents had promised and not they appeared to reneging on that promise.
"Mom! I already told Carrie and Vicky that I would meet them!" She wailed.
"I don't care what you told them! Did you hear the news report? They are advising everyone to stay off the streets especially children!" Her mom said.
"Mom, but those were little kids! " She begged but it was a no go. She wasn't going to be allowed to go!
"Now calm down and I'll make you some caramel popcorn. Your favorite with the peanuts" He mom said with a smile. Missy stomped her foot and ran up stairs to her room and shut the door. Life was unfair! Stupid vampires!!

The news stations were instructing people to stay off the streets and lock their doors. But this was going to be Halloween night. Keeping people off the streets was going to be hard.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Knock Three Times (Rewrite)

Post by Ella713 »

Josef for the first time closed Kostan Industries Inc. He walked out with Isabelle and Brian at his side.
"It is time Abaddon" Brian said to Josef. Josef looked up sharply. "Yes, I know sir. I think in some way I've always known who your were"
"Well, there's no hiding it now is there?" Josef said with a small smile. Isabelle looked at both of them and waited for an explanation.
"Josef is Abaddon. The angel of Destruction" Brian said. Isabelle stared at Josef,
"How long have you known this?" She asked afraid of what he would say.
"Not very long. It seems that with Brian discovering his true self it has acted like a catalyst for others. Like hunters who are compelled to turn when vampires are around when one of the Lord's cast out angels reclaim their goodness, the others change as well" Josef explained.
"So you my husband was once an angel?" Isabelle asked.
"Yes. And like the others we followed Lucifer and were cast out and cursed but Father has forgiven us" Josef said.
"But must you leave me? Where will you go? Back to that reign?" Isabelle said with huge tears falling down her cheek leaving black streaks on her face from her mascara.
"I don't know" Josef said feeling this peace overwhelm him like a warm bath. "Shhh" He said to her.
"We must end this. We must go" Josef said wrapping her in his arms and holding her tightly as she sobbed.

Gabriel Pulled up outside the building and stepped out.
"He calls to us" Gabriel said. Brian grabbed both their hands and vanished with them in tow.

Lucifer waited in the Valley of Megiddo. The place where Adriel would decide his fate along with the fate of mankind.
"So you bring a battalion with you Adriel" Lucifer mocked.
"I bring people I love. Have you really forgotten what love feels like"?
"I remember being shunned from our father, but I remember no love" Lucifer said in anger.
"Come, let us show you Lucifer. To be in his favor is such an amazing thing. We had all forgotten, but he has blessed us with his grace. Brother it is beautiful!" Brian said to with his eyes up to the sky.
"Do not speak to me of love!!" Lucifer roared and changed into the hideous creature of legend. "If you will not join me, then die you must!" He yelled. Thousands of demons flew through the sky ready to kill them. Josef stood in front and the brilliant wings grew from his back, he held his head up to heaven and fire fell from the sky burning the demons. Gabriel saw the demons running at him.
"Blind" he whispered and the demons howled and yelled as they burned from Abaddon's fire. Brian grabbed Lucifer by the throat and raised him up high.
"So you have all turned against me! Adriel, Abaddon, Kiramad. You who speak of love!" He said bitterly
"Go to father Lucifer. Ask for his forgiveness" Brian said with sadness in his eyes. As Lucifer struggled in Brian's grip a bright light shone over them and Lucifer was again carried off.
"Can you put the fires out Brian so we don't destroy a holy city" Josef joked.
"So what do we do from here?" Gabriel asked.
"He will tell us" Brian said. "He has resurrected the children" Brian said as he took their hands once more.

Carl was stunned when he got word that all the children were not dead after all. But he and Felix knew that they were dead. He sat in his office for a long time. What was happening to them?

Mick and Beth returned to their apartment finding everything was exactly as they had left it. Mick lit a fire in the fireplace and sat Beth on his lap.
"So you really want to grow old together?" Beth said.
"Yes." Mick said.
"Then we will. " she said kissing him deeply.

Isabelle cried for hours. Never in her life had she felt this empty. This alone. She knew Josef wasn't coming back and she had no idea what would do from this moment on.
"Do not cry" She heard a whispered voice. She quickly stood up and turned around and saw him. Josef. Smiling with his arms held out to her. Isabelle quickly ran into his arms and held him tightly.
"I'm not going anywhere. Father want's us to stay" Josef said to her.

"What took you so long?" Alma said with a smile when he walked into the apartment.
"I had to make a detour to Mom and Dad's" Brian said holding Alma in his arms.
"They are mortal" Alma said with a smile.
"Yes. And everything is all right" He said kissing her.
"Happy Halloween Brian" Alma laughed.
"I really hate this holiday" Brian said and at that moment, their doorbell rang.

"Trick of Treat!!!" some little children screamed out.

The End

Return to “Ella713's Office”