Ella713
Courtesan

Profit and Politics Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
Profit and Politics
Rated PG
By Ella713

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

When an AIDS sufferer finds out that the vampire cancer meds cured him of HIV he discovers that vampire blood can cure all illnesses and he wants to sell his information to the highest bidder.

Zach Paulson was once the brightest star in his medical class, but finding out he was HIV Positive put a halt on his studies. Not to mention his life. His friends began avoiding him as if just by speaking to him would cause them all to contract the disease. Tat was the worst part about HIV. The stigma that is attached to it. His girlfriend actually accused him of having a homosexual affair behind her back, as if sex was the only was to contract it. His parents kept asking him if shared needles and if he were on drugs! And as always the simplest explanation was the cause. A hole in his glove when he was examining blood samples. Even when people knew the truth, it didn't matter. To everyone in school he was the gay drug addict. But as he looked through the microscope once more, he thought he might be on to something.

Abigail took her work very seriously and now that she had overcome the need for rest, she worked 24/7. She was trying to see how vampire blood in microscopic amounts would work on a variety of diseases and disorders. She was getting close to revolutionary treatment for Alzheimer's! So when he phone rang it annoyed her until she saw that he father was calling.
"Hello father. How are you?" She asked.
"I need to speak with you immediately. I will come for you" He said hanging up the phone.
Abigail put away her experiments and waited.

Standing in the large apartment she looked around.
"Abigail, your mother has been destroyed" Brian said, feeling no need to soften the words.
"I figured that would happen sooner or later. Mother detested the family"
"Explain?" Brian asked.
"To me it always appeared that she playing a role. And as of late, she seemed to be angry at all of us."
"Yes. It was as you say"
"Is that all you wanted to tell me?"
"There is one more thing....it will be hard to come up with the words." Brian said.
"That you're an angel?" She said tilting her head.
"How did you know?" Brian asked.
"I kind of put it all together little by little, but I was convinced after I took that theology class sophomore year. I couldn't ascertain which angel you were but knew that you were an angel. For example, there are things that Nosferatu can't do, but the word can't is subjective. Some things are a bit harder to do but we can still do them if we needed. But you father cannot. You cannot lie. Ever. Not only can't you lie, it would never occur to you that lying is an option. And from Biblical text that's an Angelic and Divine attribute. So I figured you were not an ordinary vampire. It makes perfect sense when you take things apart and examine all the pieces" She said. Brian smiled at his daughter.
"Thank you Abigail" he said.
"You're welcome. Where is she?" Abigail asked.
"Your mother's remains?"
"No. Your wife. The seer? I'm very anxious to meet her"
Alma came into the room and stood in front of Abigail.
"My name is Alma" She said looking at the pretty young woman.
"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Abigail."
"You're work will be very successful but one will come and try to steal your work for his own fame. Be careful. He is quite close to you." Alma said in trance staring into space. Abigail looked oddly at the woman.
"Is she always like this?" She asked Brian.
"Yes. And it's always exciting!" He laughed.

Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Profit and Politics Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Zach stared at his blood sample under the microscope. There had been no change. Damn! he thought. He would have to go back to the drawing board. Perhaps the way is not to treat the virus as simply a blood borne pathogen, maybe he needed to look more into his T-cells. Maybe there was something there?

"Dr. Frazier, I think we need to test this in a human trial" Abigail said.
"Already? Are you sure? What am I saying? Of course you're sure. How soon?"
"Two weeks. This won't be a cure but it will slow down the process of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's considerably. To the point where the medicines already in use will be obsolete".
"I will make the necessary arrangements" He said with a smile. Abigail Petzer was a phenomenal scientist. He had never seen another with so much passion and determination., And because of the wealth of her family they were able to require her services for way below what other researchers were asking for. Of course the whole vampire business made the staff on edge, but in all she posed not a single problem. Her eating arrangements caused some of the members of staff to file a complaint. Abigail had what appeared to be a boyfriend who would come everyday at 1pm, when it was discovered that she was feeding from the young man, there was fear among his staff. The police were called in and the young man told the Police that he and Abigail were friends and he had offered this service for her. There was nothing anyone could do so the matter was dropped. But he didn't care. Let Abigail feed on whoever she wanted as long as she could produce results like this he didn't care if she fed on his own wife!

Gabriel pulled up to the house that would be their permanent home. The lovely historic home sat in the middle of the West Adams district and Zoe was excited. Gabriel knew his wife missed her parents and Los Angeles and now that things had calmed down considerably he felt too urge to come back.
"And the best thing about this home is no murders and no supposed buried treasure is anywhere under the streets" Gabriel said with a smile. Zoe laughed and ran inside.

Mila Ferguson graduated #1 in her Law School class and passed the Bar Exam on her first try, so she began to get offers from all over the United States and abroad, but she turned them all down. She knew exactly what she was going to do and all she needed was to talk with Brian first.
When Brian's assistant told him that Milagra Ferguson was here to see him, he smiled brightly and ran to greet her.
"Mila! Look at you!" Brian said giving her a hug. "Come. Sit down. Can I get you anything?"
"No. I'm fine" She said.
"I have heard extraordinary things about you!" Brian said.
"Thanks Brian, but I wouldn't have been able to do any of it without you; Thank you so much" She said, dabbing her eye with a tissue.
"So what are your plans?"
"I have a very unique idea that I feel has the grandest potential. I want to open my own firm"
"That's a wonderful idea!"
"Brian, I want to open a Vampire Law Firm. Myself and others feel that with the acceptance of vampires pretty soon government officials will want certain laws in place to protect the public and that's to be expected, but along with that is also the opportunity to have very dishonest folk cheat vampires out of their livelihoods. And I don't think humans are going to feel safe when it comes to vampire retribution, punishment and tar pits" She said. Brian sat back an listed to her and what she was saying made total sense!
"Mila, this is an excellent idea! I suppose there is the tendency to think that nothing can ever hurt you, but that's not case. Especially for the one's who are working in the blue collar workforce. How do you propose to start this?" Brian asked.
"I already started lying down the ground work. So far I've managed to find 6 vampire attorneys with experience in tax law, civil litigation, employment law and anti piracy. I've done background checks but think I need some help with solid vetting. And of course a solid recommendation from two of the top vampires in California wouldn't hurt"? She said.
"You shall have it. Do you have a business proposal?" Brian asked standing up.
"Really Uncle Brian, you think you're dealing with an amateur?" She said handing over the binder.
"Of course. What was I thinking?" Brian smiled.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

"Zachary you can't hide from the world" His mother said coming into the room he had set up as a lab.
"I'm not hiding mother I'm working" He said through clenched teeth. He loved his parents dearly but they just didn't understand what he was going through.
"Honey, just have patience and hope. A cure will be found. Look at me. Thanks to a wonder cure, I'm cancer free. These things can happen" She said walking away. Zach sat down and thought about things for a moment. His mother was right. That cure for cancer was revolutionary and the fact that they basically all but gave it away to everyone was stroke of genius. What did that college student stumble upon? he thought to himself. He went into the kitchen and there sitting in a tray in the refrigerator door was the last vial of the cancer drug. His mother didn't need the last vial because her cancer had gone........he put the vial in his pocket and went lab. The vampires were hiding something. He just knew it.

Brian had given Mila's business proposal to Josef.
"Brian, this is an amazing idea! Mila is definitely on to something. Not every vampire is wealthy, but they should be protected. And Mila's right. We can't take what human's do at face value." Josef said and walking towards his window. "Brian, I want you to give her carte blanche on this. Find her a premier location and have Barry set up state of the art everything."
"Will do sir" Brian said.

"Test subject. Albert Harrison. Age 72. Suffering from advanced Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease. The patient lost his ability to walk and speech is lured. We are administering the first injection of the drug that will be known as Myroxin-D." Dr. Frazier said into the recorder. Abigail gave the patient the does and she waited. Two hours passed and there was no change. Abigail began to go over her notes again to see if there was anything she missed. She was about to leave when she heard a groan. Albert Harrison was beginning to move. She rushed over to him.
"Mr. Harrison can you hear me?" She said opening his pupils and checking his eyes.
"Who are you?" He asked in a weak voice.
"I'm Abigail Petzer. I work for this facility" She said.
"I have to go to the bathroom" He said.
"I'll help you up" She said. She very easily got him out of bed and started to walk him towards the toilet.
"I'm perfectly capable of doing this myself!" He said in anger Abigail began writing down the changes in her file. He walked perfectly normal Abigail noticed. After he relieved his bladder he laid back down in the bed. "Can I have something to eat?" He said. Abigail smiled. She was pleased that he appeared to be back to his normal grumpy self. She was concerned as to the duration. The clinical trial in mice were a lot quicker. She would have to keep Mr. Albert here until she ran some more test

Zach took a couple of drops from the vial and placed the sample under a microscope. Then he added a drop of his blood. Almost immediately the cancer drug started to attack his blood cells. He had never seen anything like this! He stopped to write his findings down and when he looked back through the microscope the blood had changed. The blood sample appeared to be changed. He hadn't seen a blood sample this pure since they were doing stem cell experiments! But this was impossible! He quickly took the cancer drug and injected it into his blood stream. He immediately felt this intense burning heat all throughout his body. The pain was excruciating. It was like he was being cooked on the inside. He fell to the cold floor below his trying to get some relief. He was going to die. Was the last thing he thought before he passed out.
Last edited by Ella713 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Zach's mother banged on the door with her fist yelling his name. His father came running with a spare key and opened the door seeing their son sprawled out on the floor.
"Call 911!" He screamed to his wife and as she was running towards the phone Zach spoke to them.
"Don't call the paramedics" he said slowly opening his eyes.
"Son, what were you doing?" His father asked.
"I'm sorry. I was trying to cure myself" he said with a weak smile.
"Trying to cure yourself?.....son..we had this conversation before" His father started to say.
"I know, I know. But I think I made some progress, truly" Zach said sitting up. His body usually ached from fatigue from the time he woke up to the time he went to bed, but right now, he felt good. Damn good in fact.

Albert Harrison continued to improve. His cognitive skills were fantastic even better then before his diagnosed. Dr. Frazier was pleased. He knew that with these results the FDA would push this new drug through quickly.
"When do we publish the results?" Dr. Frazier asked.
"We don't" Abigail said still watching Mr. Harrison complete his tests.
"What do you mean? If we want FDA approval, we will have to get this to them right away. As you know this period is the lengthiest in new drug administration" he said.
"This drug will not go through FDA regulations as did the cancer cure" She replied.
"Abigail be reasonable. Something of this magnitude must be made sure to be beneficial to people. All people" he said.
"And it will. But this drug will not go through the greedy hands of the FDA or greedy pharmaceutical companies. All they want is to jack up the price and make their company rich. I want to cure illnesses! As a doctor why isn't that your first concern?" Abigail asked.
"Abigail, things are very different in the human world.. he began to say.
"Yes I know. You want people to believe that you're trying to help, when all you want is to make money. You see things are much simpler in the vampire community, if we really want you to be dead, you will be dead. We don't wrap it up in a pretty box and take your money then kill you" She said and walked away.

Abigail packed up all her things and all of her drug samples and left the CDC. She should have known that any government entity would try and control things for their own profit. She would need some legal advice because she sure Dr. Frazier and the entire CDC were going to sue her.

Mila took a tour of the building that would soon be Ferguson and Associates Attorney at Law. The office had everything a firm would require. When she met with the vampires who would be working with her they took one look at her and started making excuses.
"Look, I'm flattered that you would think I could be of some assistance in your little firm, but I'm really wanting to branch out into a more solid and well know firm." One man said in the politest way.
"Oh course. That very tragic considering your first case was going to be the resolution of Munich conflict" Mila said casually. "I'm sure Josef Kostan and I will find another" She said.
"Kostan? " He asked surprised.
Last edited by Ella713 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Zach looked at his T-cells under the microscope and saw that the cells themselves had been renewed
But how was this possible. He slowly walked up stairs and saw his parents at the breakfast table.
"Good morning son! You look great! Did you get good night's sleep?" he asked.
"Dad, I was up all night. I have something to tell you both" He said sitting down next to them in a chair.
"I don't have the HIV virus anymore" He said. Both his parents dropped their forks and stared at their son in surprise.
"Zachary that's not very funny" His mother said.
"No. It isn't and also happens to be very true. I've been up all night trying to figure this out and there's only one thing that fits. I injected the rest of mom's cancer cure vial and while it hurt like hell, all of my T-cells are back to normal. Better than normal even" he explained.
"His father who was a retired doctor understood exactly what he was saying.
"Show me" He said getting up from the table and following his son to the lab.

Abigail sat in Mila's office with a grin.
"Look at you M's. This is fantastic!" She said.
"Hey, I'm just a lawyer, your curing diseases!" Mila said with a laugh.
"That's why I wanted to talk to you. I have found a cure for Alzheimer and now the CDC research center I think is going to try and get this rushed through to the FDA. That's not why I do this work. I don't do it make already wealthy companies more wealthy while they jack up the price on medicine! So, I took my work and I walked out the door"
"Do they know how to recreate the drug?"
"No. I literally took everything I worked on with exception of the work that had already started by the CDC labs. So do they have a case?"
"Abby, humans always have a reason to sue, and if there isn't one they will create one. But as it stands, they may be able to get you on breech of contract. Was this cure something they came to you wanting to work on?'
"No. It just came to me when I read the files on a man named Albert Harrison. When he first became ill, they thought it was organic. Something in the home or in the yard. So I was heading the testing for organic matter. Then I thought maybe this was neurological case and that got me on right track."
Abigail explained.
"Well the first thing we're going to do is lock up work in Kostan Industries Bio-Lab. We don't want them anywhere near this! And I will start filing motion right away so they won't catch us off guard" Mila said as she began to type reverently on her computer.
"Thanks a lot M's" Abigail said getting up from her chair. "Why do you want to help us so much?" Abigail asked. Mila looked at her strangely. She thought she knew.
"When my mom was pregnant with me, I had a serious problem in the womb. I had to be delivered via cesarean and was going to die. Your father gave me some of his blood to save me. And save my family. So I guess I consider you all my family. Every last one of you. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Uncle Brian." She explained. "Why are you so set on helping humans get access to medicine?"
"That is easy M's. I do not like tyranny. And this world is filled with nothing but. And it makes no sense to create a medicine to help people and then charge $1,000 a pill so that the people who need it most can't afford it. I find it very troubling" She said.
"Well Abby, let's go out there and kick their asses!" Mila said.

Zach's father looked at the T-cells under the microscope and couldn't believe what he saw.
"And you did noting to manipulate the cells?" He asked.
"Other than controlling their temperature, no" Zach replied.
"So you've isolated everything? You know it's definitely the cancer drug?"
"Dad, it's the cancer drug"
"What do think is in it?" His father asked his curiosity peaking at this point.
"I'll know by tomorrow. The test will be finished" He said.

Abigail drove to the house she grew up in. Her father said she could have it if she wanted it, but it was too big for just one person. She unlocked the door and went inside. It looked just as it had always looked. She noticed that her father took nothing from the house but his clothes and his office things. Everything else was left there. She sat on the sofa and stared at the walls. What had happened to her family? Abigail felt the wetness slide down her cheek and knew that she was indeed crying. Seconds later her father was sitting down next to her and just having him there unleashed 24 years worth of tears. Brian held his daughter in his arms and slowly rubbed her back.

Dr. Frazier had been following Abigail sense she left the office building downtown. And she had stopped at a house. He didn't know who lived here or how this address was associated with her, but he would wait all night if he had to. She would have to feed. So someone was surely coming.

"I quit my job at the CDC" She said her father.
"Explain?"
"I cured Alzheimer's Disease and now they want to submit my work to FDC so they can rush sell it a pharmaceutical company and they will raise the price so no one will be able to afford it. So I took my research and left" She explained.
"You didn't use vampire blood again?" He asked.
"No father. I didn't need to. It's all organic matter in higher doses with a few other mild sedatives, but it works . The 72 year man I cured had recovered his speech and his mobility"
"What do you think they will do?"
"Mila thinks they will try to sue for breech of contract, so she's taking the case."
"Hell hath no fury" Brian joked. "Come on. Let's get out of here. Come and stay with Alma and I. We are watching John Carpenter's The Thing. It about scientist in the Artic" He said.
"What are they doing in the Artic?" She asked reminding Brian of when she was little girl and so filled with questions about everything.
"I'm sure you will be able to tell me" He said taking her by the hand.

"Do you know this will be my first movie?" Abigail said sitting down.
"I assumed it would be, but I think you will enjoy it." Brian said.
"Have you seen them before?" Abigail asked.
"Sweetheart, you forget that I was born human before I became vampire, so my childhood was filled with many movies at theatres. It's a human right of passage of sorts."
"Do you miss it? Being human?"
"No."
"Because I do not wish to be human"
"That is a very good thing because I would not be able to. Like Gabriel your vampire state is the way you were born so that state you must stay" He said.
"Well that's good because the whole menstrual cycle debacle sounds positively horrid."
"Trust me it is!" Alma said with a smile.
Last edited by Ella713 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Zach jumped up when he heard the machine make the loud "ping" noise. He ran over to pull out the paper that the machine was printing out. All the properties of drug were accounted for with exception to one simply described as unknown pathogen. He would have to run another test to pinpoint what this pathogen was exactly, but he was all out of the cancer drug. His mother no longer needed to take it, but how could he get more? Vampires were diligent in their efforts to keep this medication away from humans for fear they might exploit it, which was true. But Zach didn't care about millions in pharmaceuticals. He was looking for something much grander but he had to get some more of the cancer drug. Did one just call a hotline and say I'm human, I have cancer and I'm poor? Did they send it via the mail or what,

Mila looked over the motions once more, when she heard her office door open.
"Yes, may I help you" She said gathering her motions and placing them in a drawer.
"I just had to see the lady who's dead set on helping vampires. So how does a cute little thing like you get mixed up in the seedy world of vamps?" He said eyeing Mila's slim figure. "You do know we aren't to be trusted?" He said laughing.
"Why are you here?" Mila said showing no fear.
"I had a meeting with that attorney Malcolm. He's a really smart guy, but I'd rather talk about you" he said trying to come off as suave and sophisticated.
"Is there something I can do for you?" Mila asked becoming bored with the performance. The vampire laughed and came close to Mila. His eyes opened wide and he immediately fell to the ground.
"You must forgive me. I didn't know" He said humbly from the ground.
"I see you figured out who's blood runs through my veins?" Mila teased.
"Listen......I was just having a little bit of a laugh....th.....there's no need to mention this to him...I mean...it was just a joke" He stammered.
"First of all, I'm an attorney and I would never break the confidence of a client, but should you choose to test the matter, he will know. but not from my lips. Do you understand?" Mila asked.
"Yes I do." He said, standing up with head still bowed down.
"And I suggest you let others know as well" She said pointing st the office door. When the vampire walked out of her office she let out a heavy sigh and leaned back in her chair.
"That was well done" She heard Brian say in her mind.

Zach was furious! He couldn't just tell doctors he had cancer without them running test to see what type of cancer he had. As far as he knew, no one was stupid enough to try and sell the drug on the black market, Feeling angry at his own stupidity he tried to slap a vial off the table with his hand and managed to cut himself. He quickly grabbed a tissue and placed it on his wound. He looked down at the droplets of blood on the pristine white table. The blood wasn't running off the table as blood did normally. The splatter was amazingly still, as if frozen. He took some of the splatter and placed it on a slide so he could view it under the microscope.....then it hit him.
"Vampire blood!" He said to himself. There could be no other explanation!

Abigail pulled into the driveway and looked around. Where the heck was everyone? On a nice day like this Francis, Helen and old man Tobey would all be out in their gardens. She saw Francis peaking out her window. She was motioning for Abigail to come across the street. Abigail stood on her porch and waited. Francis slid a note under her door for Abigail to read.
Abigail read the note. Someone had spooked the neighbors. Very clever. Abigail shook her head no. Francis opened the door and sighed.
"You mean its over?" She asked.
"There never was anything Mrs. Bundy." She replied.
"Are you sure? The police were quite certain that something had contaminated the soil and the air" Francis said, feeling kind of disappointed that it was all over.
"If there was something that serious, the whole neighborhood would be evacuated and all of you would be in Quarantine." Abigail said. figuring it was Dr. Frazier who had started this.
"Thank goodness! And you would know Abigail, working with all those virus's" She said.
"Did you see if anyone came to the house looking for me?" Abigail asked, knowing that if anyone would notice something it would be Francis.
"There was a man parked across the street from your house for a long time. I thought it looked very suspicious, so called 911 and the officer came by and spoke to him. That's when we were told about the contagion"
"What did the man look like?"
"Nice looking. Very nice looking. He reminded me of the officer in the film Jaws, I can't think of his name" She said snapping her fingers. Abigail didn't know what she was talking about, so she typed in the word Jaws and cast into her iPad and showed Francis the results.
"Do you mean this guy?" Abigail said pointing to the photo on her phone.
Yes! He looked just like Roy Scheider. Very handsome" Francis said.

Dr. Frazier. Abigail thought as she walked back across the street.

Zach thought the vampires were rather stupid using vampire blood for their cancer cure. He got why they did what they did, but still it was rather foolish. But now it meant that every person that they treated with their blood had in fact extraordinary healing capabilities. Healing that could cure a slew of ailments. And the more Zach reviewed the mistake on the vampires part, the more he saw how his role would play out. He had to get to work.

Dr. Frazier was beyond being angry at this point. He had no other choice but to contact the Feds. This was their jurisdiction.

Special Agent Lindsey Hansen looked at the report. Her first impulse was to throw it away. The CDC always wanted something investigated and it was usually something they themselves overlooked, or jumped to conclusions about. But as she read the report further, this could indeed be quite serious.
It might be a good thing to have two agents fly to California and scope out what was going on.

As Mila suspected, the CDC did indeed file a breech of contract suit against Abigail. Now the game was definitely afoot she thought with a smile.

Zach's mother had one last vial of the cancer drug which she found at the last moment and handed it to him as she was on her way out the door.
"Alright father, this will tell us what the vampires were hiding" He said carefully taking the medicine out of the vial and placing it on a sterile slide.
Last edited by Ella713 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Special Agent Corrigan looked at the request. Were they serious? If those chuckleheads wanted to pursue a vampire, they could do it on their own steam! She stamped denied on the form and sent it to processing.

Frazier saw that his request had been denied but he kind of thought it might go that way. He had no proof that he had authorized the research into an Alzheimer drug. Abigail just kind of came up with it in between her regular job duties. Perhaps there was another way.

Agent Brock and Agent Taylor arrived in Los Angeles the following evening and met with Dr. Frazier in the morning. Dr. Frazier looked over the two agents. They looked rather young he thought,
"Alright Dr. Frazier. We've read your claim and we'd like to assist in the matter, but you'll have to tell us exactly what this involves" Taylor said.
"As you know when we hired Abigail Petzer it was due to fact that only was she brilliant but she was also a vampire. We have a lot of infectious diseases here, and we found that having a vampire run the testing facility would ensure that we wouldn't have to worry about the contagion spreading".
Bothe agents nodded their heads as they took notes.
"Abigail was working on another project outside of her normal routine, and figured out another cure. This time for Alzheimer and Dementia, as I said the young woman is quite brilliant"
"So when you say she took the cure, so you mean she stole property that belonged to the Federal Government?" Agent Brock asked. Dr. Frazier prided himself on being an honest man. He certainly didn't want Abigail to go to prison.........."Dr. Frazier?" Brock said waiting.
"W...well...I wouldn't say she stole actual government property per se....." he began "Look, I'll be frank. This new drug could recolonize medicine! I think the government needs to step in and procure this drug. The vampires as you know are more or less Socialist for lack of a better word. Free medicine and cures for all, and that's very noble, but that's not how the world works." He said in a rush. Agent Brock's mobile rang and he held up one finger while he took the call. He stood still as he listened to the voice on the other end.
"Taylor, we have to go" He said to his partner "We have been ordered to return to D.C." Brock explained.
"Return? W.....what about my charge?" Dr. Frazier asked in surprise.
"Sorry Doc. This came from the top. No charges will be filed against Abigail Petzer and the vampires have the go ahead to administer this drug how they see fit" He said as they walked away.
"Damn!" Frazier thought to himself. He should just let it all go. All Abigail wanted to do was help people. Why should he stand in the way?"

Special Agent Hansen walked into the Director's office outranged that her orders had been tossed aside.
"I don't think you understand what we're dealing with here. Whatever the vampires are doing, we need to know sooner rather than later" She explained. Director Grimes sighed. He could see that there would always be an Agent Hansen or someone like her. Someone who mistrusted vampires and wanted to unravel everything.
"Hansen, I do understand the situation. But we have no cause to pursue this course. This vampire has broken no laws, state or federal." He said.
"Really? She took what she was working on at the CDC!" She said.
"But she wasn't working for the CDC on this particular drug. She did this on her own time and with her own funds and instruments. We can't lay claim to something without proof. And I happen to have a very detailed motion on my desk that explains quite clearly why we need to leave and drop this. And if you can't accept that, we can have you transferred to a field office." He said ending the conversation.

Hansen went back to her office fuming mad! Somehow the vampires had gotten to the bureau. Maybe she would take a leave of absence and go to Los Angeles herself and find out what they were up.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Zach smiled. All the test were conclusive. They were using vampire blood as a cure for humans. Alll he needed now was a test subject. Bethany Towser was a woman he had met in a HIV support group. She had been doing well on the medication and true doctors had figured out a viable way to make you live a long life on the medication, but it just wasn't enough. Quickly picking up his phone he dialed her number and asked her out on a date,

"I was surprised to hear from you Zachary. I haven't seen you in group for a long time, but you look great!" She said with a smile.
"Thanks, I feel like a million bucks" he said smiling back at her.
"Alright, spill it! Did your parents take you to some European specialist or something?"
"No. But I did find something that works better than Protese. I gotta tell you Bethany, my T-cells are normal".
"What is it?" She said leaning forward anxiously.
"Look. You know I was a biologist and a medical student before all this. Well, I've been doing a lot of controlled test and they all worked. 100%. I checked my blood and I know longer have HIV" He explained.
"Bullshit" She said rolling her eyes.
"Not bullshit. Bethany, it works and I want to give it to you" He finally said. Bethany sat back and looked at Zach. He looked honest and sincere. And dude was a med student. Why not? She had a death sentence over her head as it was.
"Ok" She said quietly. Zach held out his hand and they left together.

"Ok, I just heard from the Director of the FBI and you are all clear of criminal charges. We may have to face a breech of contract charge, but I can really see that will go anywhere" Mila explained.
"Thank you Mila. You have been very helpful" Abigail said.
So what are you going to do?" Mila asked.
"I have something that might pique your interest. We just opened a Biometric Department"
"Biometrics?" Abigail said turning her head to face Mila.
"Yes. We had to. A vampire named Peterson Mathers...." Mila began to explain.
"Mathers?" Abigail said standing up.
"Yes. You know is work in particle slicing has turned the science industry completely around, so he came to us seeking representation". Mila said
"What exactly would you want me to do?"
"Abby, do you really think anyone here understands what this guy is talking about! I mean particle slicing?"
"Particle slicing is used to analyze a composite material where particles are embedded in a binder/matrix. If the particles are not sliced, the analysis for a spherical particle in an equivalent cube is used" Abigail explained. Mila shook her head.
"That's why we need you Abby" Mila chuckled.

"Is this going to hurt?" Bethany said nervously as she lied on the exam table.
"It won't hurt any more than any other injection. Within around 20 seconds you will feel warm all over your body. That's the serum burning it up. Dissolving it so to speak. You will become hot. Very hot. but I will be here to cool you off. That will last about an hour. Then you'll sleep. When you wake up, no more HIV" Zach said with a smile. Bethany stared at him. She found all of this very hard to believe, but Zach was a very smart guy. And if anyone in group was going to figure out a cure, her money would be on him.
"Okay Zach. I'm in" She said getting up and taking the hospital gown he handed her. When she had undressed she walked back to the table and laid down. Zach placed electrodes on her chest to monitor her breathing.
"Alright Bethany. Just take a deep breath and relax." He said. She felt the needle price her and within a few moments she felt this warm sensation run through her body. It felt really nice. Like she had taken a sip of brandy or some other strong alcoholic beverage. But then her body grew hot like she was running a fever. She tried to move but Zach had strapped her arms to the table. She opened her eyes and pleaded with him as she felt like her body had caught fire and all she saw was his face staring intently at her like he was enjoying her pain.

Agent Hansen arrived in Los Angeles and her first stop was Kostan Industries.

Brian knew immediately when the agent stepped off the plane. He alerted Isabelle to make sure she went through security and her weapon was not brought onto the premises.
"Sir." He said walking into Josef's office. "We have a Federal Agent coming to Kostan. She is working the CDC case" He said.
"That case was dismissed" Josef said annoyed.
"I do not believe she is going through official channels" Brian replied with grin.
"Call your brother. Find out what her real angle is, then toss her pretty little butt out the door" Brian nodded and turned when he reached the door.
"Sir, I never mentioned her appearance. How do you know she will be pretty?" Brian asked.
"The ones that make trouble are always pretty" Josef said.

Agent Hansen walked confidently into Kostan Industries. The building was massive and extremely opulent. Putting on her most professional face she walked to the security desk.
"My name is Agent Lindsey Hansen and I need to speak with Brian Petzer." She said showing her badge and I.D. The guard looked carefully at her I.D. then had another security guard take her to the executive elevators.
"Hold that elevator!!" Someone yelled out. "Hello Dave!" Gabriel said to the security guard.
"Good afternoon sir. Going up to see your brother?" The guard asked.
"Yes." Gabriel answered. Looking over and seeing the woman he introduced himself. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hold up your elevator" Gabriel said to her with bright smile. Lindsey looked over at the man next to her and couldn't believe her eyes. He was beautiful! Exquisite. She couldn't take her eyes off of him. "Hello. My name is Gabriel" He said in a mild pleasant voice, holding out his hand. She quickly blinked and smiled back at the man with a shy smile.
"My name is Lindsey Hansen. Special Agent Lindsey Hansen" She replied shaking his hand and noticing how smooth his hands felt.
"Wow! A Special Agent! Here to capture public enemy #1" Gabriel joked.
"Not quite, but I am here to investigate a theft" She said.
"Surely it's no one here?" Gabriel said with a chuckle.
"I really can't say...." She said staring at Gabriel and becoming lost in his eyes. The elevator doors opened and Gabriel told her to follow him.
"Look Brian! It's Gabriel and he brought us a present" Josef joked. "How did this come to happen?"
"I barely made the elevator just so happens she was on it as well" Gabriel explained.
"Good. Now let's see what she's really doing here" Josef said.

"Agent Hansen, I'm going to ask you some questions and I want you to tell me the absolute truth. Understood?" Gabriel said. She nodded her head. "Okay, who sent you to Kostan Industries?"
"No one. I came alone" She said
"Why? What were hoping to find?"
"Dr. Frazier from the CDC said a vampire took some important drug. Then were told to drop the case, but I don't think it should be" She said.
"Why not?"
"I don't like vampires. They kill people and take their money" She said.
"What were you going to do when you arrived here?"
"Kill Josef Kostan. Kill Brian Petzer. And kill the vampire girl who stole the drug" She said. Gabriel looked at his brother as if asking what he wished to do with this woman. Brian looked at Josef.

Carl got a frantic call from the 911 operator.
"Captain, we just sent over two units to Kostan Industries. A woman called said she was armed and said she's going to shoot up the vampires"
"I'm heading out!" Carl said running out to his car with his detective by his side.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Carl arrived at the scene a few minutes later.
"What the hell is going on?!" Carl screamed.
"Sir, an FBI Agent is on the Executive Floor holding 12 people hostage, including Josef Kostan, Brian Petzer and Gabriel St. John" The Sgt. said.
"Has she asked for anything?"
"No sir. She just said she was going to shoot all vampires"
"Any shots heard?
"No sir."
"Okay. I'm going up. I know a back way" Carl said looking around. Finding Maxwell he pointed to him.
"Max! You're coming with me" He ordered. Maxwell jogged up to Carl. "Max, if you have a clean shot I want you to drop this suspect! You understand?!"
"Yes sir!" He replied as they made their way into the building.

Carl had a security guard lead him to the back entrance. They got off on the floor directly below the executive level and quietly walked up a flight of stairs. Once they were on the floor, Carl and Maxwell came upon the conference room right across from Josef's office.
"Max, I want you to set up right here" Carl said taking out his cell phone and calling his wife. "Ang, I need you to contact Brian...no don't call him...I mean.....ok...tell him I'm in the conference room behind him and when I yell out to the shooter he needs to grab everyone and get the hell out of there!. Tell him now!" He said hanging up the call.

Brian stood perfectly still as he heard Angela's words speaking to him. He got ready to do as Carl said.
"My name is Captain Carl Davis of the LAPD. I am coming in unarmed" Carl yelled out.
"Captain!" Hansen yelled back to him. "You have to get in here quick!!" Carl slowly walked towards Josef's office.
"I'm coming in now!" Carl said opening the door and peaking inside.
"Agent Hansen, I'm Captain Davis. Can you tell me what's going on here?" Carl said softly to the woman. Hansen turned to look at Carl, her eyes wide with anger.
"They all need to be shot! Don't you know what they are? One of them stole a cure that could help millions of people!" She screamed.
"Okay.....that's good work. How about we take them into custody and put them in jail?" Carl offered.
"Oh no! It's too late for that! Don't you see that?" She screamed.
"Agent Hansen! You can't do this in cold blood. You're a federal agent of the United States. You took an oath to do what was right in the eyes of the law. Now let the law finish it" Carl said. For a moment Carl thought she was going to drop her weapon, but she quickly turned her gun on Brian and Maxwell shot her down. A clean shot through the chest.

"Josef why was a Federal Agent here and what this about a drug?" Carl asked. Brian stepped up to Carl and whispered in his ear.
"Abigail made another cure. For Alzheimer's this time. The CDC was trying to steal it" He said.
"This is going to be a regular thing with her isn't it?" Carl asked.
"I do not know." Brian said.

Bethany woke up slowly. She was no longer strapped to the table. She turned her head and saw Zachary looking through a microscope. He heard her moving and looked over with a smile.
"Hey!" he said walking over to the bed. "How do you feel?" he asked.
"I feel remarkably well. The achy tired feeling I always had is gone" She said sitting up and looking around.
"Let me take your vitals" He said. He listened to her heartbeat and her lungs, too her pulse, and checked her pupils. "Everything looks good. I took a sample of your blood while you were sleeping. Your T-Cells are back to normal" He said with a smile.
"Are you freaking serious?" She said jumping off the bed.
"Yes. I'm very serious. And it's time we tell the world." He said as she gave him a huge hug!

The Director of the FBI was flown to Los Angeles to do the debriefing himself.
"So no one had any dealings with Agent Hansen before today?" The Director asked.
"No, but she appeared to know all about the vampires in this particular building and CDC lawsuit" Carl answered back.
"In your opinion did Agent Hansen appear to be coherent, in her right mind so to speak?"
"In my history with crimes committed by the mentally ill, I'd put her on that list. While she was coherent enough to let me know why she was doing what she was doing, she seemed to be lost to the fact that she was an agent of the law. She really thought she was doing the right thing badge or no badge" Carl explained. He knew that the Director was trying to lead him in the direction of extreme mental distress.
"Thank you Captain for your time" The Director said then walked towards the Police Commissioner.

"Brian, why didn't you do as I asked you?" Carl asked
"I knew she would not shoot us. I also knew that if she were not killed she would have gotten herself killed in any case. To come here was a very dangerous move on her part. She should have known better." Brian said.
"I agree, especially since it was already ruled Abigail committed no crime." Carl said. "So what did you all do? I noticed Gabriel was here."
"It was apparent why she came so I called Gabriel who came to speak with her. She wanted to kill myself, Abigail and Josef and nothing was going to stop her. So Gabriel encouraged her to do what she already planned on doing. And telling the police about her plans. We knew you would know what to do" Brian said.

"This is Laura Monahan for Action News reporting from Mercy General, where it seems that HIV may be a thing of the past..." The newscaster was saying. Josef looked at Brian suddenly.
"I thought Abigail cured Alzheimer's Disease?" Josef asked.
"She did sir. This something I have heard nothing of" Brian said pulling out his phone to speak with Abigail.
"I mean kudos to Abby, but isn't she kind of messing with the natural order of things?"
"Yes. I agree." Brian said.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

"Hello Father" Abigail said
"Is the Alzheimer drug the only thing you are working on?" Brian asked
"That particular drug is completed and I am working on nothing at present. Why"
"There is news of an HIV cure"
"That is not mine father. In fact I have all future endeavors. I will be working at Mila's firm as the head of her Bio-Metrics department" Abigail replied.
"That is wise. Good luck" Brian said and hung up. "Abigail says she has no involvement with any new formulas."
"Thank God this one is man made! They really need to catch up" Josef chuckled.

Zachary Paulson had a meeting with the President of the AIDS Foundation and they discussed how this drug would be massed produced. Calpis USA, Inc a California based Pharmaceutical company jumped at the chance to take the medication on, and Zach was also asked to be on Good Morning America. Things were looking up.

The FDC was very interested in this apparent cure for HIV. Perhaps it was just a coincidence? Or maybe it was some BS all natural concoction? Whatever it may be the FDC wanted to know about it and they were sending their best people.

Zach had been on the local news and his story was picked up by CNN and in a matter of a few weeks, everyone was talking about this young man, who inadvertently cured the HIV/AIDS virus.

"Abby, have you seen this?" Mila asked turning up the television in her office.
"No. I do not watch television" Abigail replied. Mila rolled her eyes and turned the volume up.
"This man says that he's created a cure for HIV? That is very interesting" Mila said staring straight ahead.
"I do not understand. He cured a disease that millions of humans suffer from. I fail to see the interest in that" Abigail said.
"Try this on for size. There are hundreds among hundreds of diseases, and how many have been cured? Two. Polio and Influenza. I find it unbelievable that a mortal came up this cure when all known HIV/AIDS research has focused on finding a ‘functional cure’. A functional cure means that HIV still exists in the body but at such low levels it can’t be detected by a blood test or make you ill. And this guy claims to have cured it 100%. Without a team and without a lab. Yes Abby, I find that very interesting and suspicious" Mila said.

Bethany accepted offers from any media venue who wished to speak with her. Her story was plastered all over the news and everyone wanted to meet the man behind it. Zach made himself known very slowly, then thundered onto the scene. He told of his trials and tribulations with the disease and how his life was suddenly halted. But using his expertise in biology he was determined to find a cure. Zach had made up his mind to keep the actual contents of medicine a secret for now. When he had made enough money, then he would tell the world how he did it. But for now, the less said the better.

Abigail listened to what Mila was saying and she had to admit that it did give one pause. No one knew about vampire blood. They couldn't. She made sure of it when she used it for the cancer cure. Maybe she would find out who this Mr. Paulson was.

The FDA sent Luciana Borio, M.D. their Acting Chief Scientist. Brilliant beyond compare, if anyone could find out what was going on it was her.

Mila sat in her office thinking. She had a nagging suspicion that someone was using vampire blood as a cure all for humans. But who was it? Mila wrote some notes and started to get to work. She would find out what was going on.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

"Excuse me? Are you Bethany Towser?" Mila asked. The woman smiled brightly at the yong woman.
"Yes I am! And who might you be?" She asked.
"My name is Mila Ferguson Attorney at Law and we have some things to talk about" Mila said. Bethany's bright smile faded and she shook her head.
"I knew it was too good to be true" She whispered. "What do you want?" She asked.
"I want to know everything. How did you become involved in this? Who else do I need to speak with?" Mila rattled off.
"Zach's in trouble isn't he?" Bethany asked slowly.
"A great deal, I'm sorry to say. Tell me everything and I will see what can be done. The vampire community will provide for your needs" Mila said. Bethany's eyes grew wide.
"Vampires? Zach got mixed up with vampires?" Bethany asked in surprise. Crap! Mila thought to herself. Bethany didn't know about the vampire blood. "Are you a vampire"? Bethany asked.
"No. I'm an attorney for the vampires" Mila said sternly.
"Shit! I'm screwed right?" She asked. Mila nodded her head in agreement and called for Brian.

Bethany sat in the plush offices of Kostan Towers and started to bite her nails. She hadn't done that since she was little girl. A tall beautiful woman stepped out and Bethany saw that she was former First Lady, Isabelle Kostan. Isabelle crooked her finger at Bethany who slowly stood up and prepared to meet her doom.
"Bethany Towser! Hello! I'm Josef Kostan. Have a seat. Would you like something to drink?" He asked snapping his fingers at his secretary Bridgett to get Bethany a glass of wine. Bridgett poured the glass and left the room. "Alright Miss Towser. Let me tell you what we've figured out. Your friend Zach made a so called cure for the AIDS virus using vampire blood, and that I'm sorry to say, is very much against the law." Josef started to explain.
"What!?" Bethany said jumping up from her seat. "Zach never told me what was in the vial. Just that he had cured himself and he was going to cure me as well. He said he was going to be rich and that I could be rich as well.....but he never told me anything about the drug! I swear!" She screamed.
"So you just took an unknown drug that friend said was cure?" Josef asked.
"When Zach came to see me, he had already taken it. And he looked 100% different. But I figured they had given him some different anti viral medication, but he told me that he came up with a cure and wanted to test it on me as well. I figured I didn't have anything left to lose you know? Having HIV is like a death sentence anyway" Bethany said.
"Where does this Zach person live?" Isabelle said sternly.

Zach kept taking the check out of his pocket and staring at it again. 20 Million Dollars! And that was just the beginning he thought. He looked around his parent's house. He used to think that this house was mansion, but it wasn't even close. Not like the house he planned to have very shortly. He ran into the kitchen to answer the phone.
"Am I speaking to Zachary Paulson?" The deep voice asked.
"This is Zach speaking. What can I help you with?" He said in a sincere tone, thinking it was someone who needed the drug.
"The penalty for using vampire blood for financial gain is punishable by death" The menacing voice said. Zach stood frozen. He didn't know what to say. He quickly hung up the phone. He pulled out his mobile phone and punched in Bethany's number.
"Hello Zach!" The same deep voice said. "Bethany can't come to the phone right now. You understand don't you? Don't worry. She didn't feel a thing......mostly. You on the other hand are going to be hunted and slashed from jugular to testicles. " the voice said.
Zach quickly hung up the phone again and ran upstairs to pack some clothes. After packing up his things he grabbed the keys to his father's Mercedes and ran to the garage.

"You won't hurt him right?" Bethany asked in a trembling voice.
"He deserves it. You know that right?" Josef asked.
"All he wanted to do was save people....I know using your blood wasn't the way to go about it....b..but he was trying to do some good" She replied. Josef looked at Isabelle.
"Bring him to me!" He demanded.
"By the time the sun sets my darling" Isabelle replied and took off.

Zach had no idea where he was driving to but he knew he had to get the hell out of Los Angeles. Bethany was dead because of him! And now vampires were hunting him. After driving for over three hours, he was running low on fuel and stopped at a small gas station diner. He filled up his tank and went inside to get some coffee to go. He sat at the counter and waited.
"Hello. Is that your car?" The beautiful woman with the raven locks asked.
"Yes" Zach said looking around for the waitress. "Hey! I have to leave soon!" He yelled.
"She can't hear you" The woman said. Zach turned to glare at the woman when he saw the fangs. He got up and ran quickly out the door, but the woman grabbed him before he could reach for his keys. "Someone wants to talk to you in Los Angeles" She said taking the keys from his hand and tossing them to another beautiful woman standing behind him. "Call Isabelle. Tell her we are on our way back" Katrina said.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

"Katrina has found him my darling. She will be here momentarily" Isabelle whispered to Josef.
"Good" Josef replied sitting down behind his enormous desk when Bridgett called him.
"Mila Ferguson is here to see you Mr. Kostan" She said to him. "She said it's important"
"Send her in" Josef said standing up to greet her. "Mila! The future Supreme Justice!" Josef said giving her a hug.
"Hello Uncle Josef!" Mila said always pleased when she saw Josef.
"So what brings you by?" Josef asked.
"I think someone stole Abby's cancer cure medication and used it for this HIV cure"
"Are you sure?" Josef asked.
"As sure as a human can be. When I first heard about it, I was suspicious. Scientist were not trying to find a cure for HIV per se, but rather a treatment that would help you live longer with the virus. Sort of like Herpes. You have it for life, but medication can make it so you don't pass it around so readily. In any case, out of the blue there's a working cure. That gave me pause. So the only thing in human history that cures diseases is vampire blood. I knew that Abby had used vampire blood in the cancer cure, so I did some background checks. People who had HIV but also had access to the cancer drug. And I found 1. Only 1 Josef. Zach Paulson. Contracted the HIV virus a few years ago. But the kicker is this. His mother had stage 4 cancer. She received Abby's drug. So I'm guessing that her son took some the drug she still had and injected himself with it." Mila finished taking a deep breath.
"That makes perfect sense Mila. Good job!" Josef said.
"Now from a legal standpoint, I think this should be hushed up. Quickly. I haven't told Abby yet, but I can't see her pursuing this." Mila replied.
"I agree. Again, thank you Mila". Josef said "How are things going at the firm? Any problems with vampires I should know about?" Josef asked.
"Nothing I can't handle Uncle Josef. I promise" She said kissing his cheek and leaving.
"She is an amazing young female" Isabelle said quietly.

Katrina walked into Josef's office and tossed Zach inside.
"Is there anything else you would like me to do to this?" She asked pointing at Zach as he pulled himself up from the soft carpet.
"No. Thank you Katrina" Isabelle said handing her a thick envelope.
"Well, at last we meet Zachary Paulson. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Josef Kostan and this is wife Isabelle" Josef said watching the young stand up. "Have a seat" Josef said. "Now, Zachary...or do you prefer Zach? I want to talk to you about vampires, because one can only assume that you know nothing of us to do what you did. You used a drug meant for your mother and used it to heal yourself. Then by all intents and purposes, were planning to gain financially from said drug. I'm sure you've heard those stories about how they deal with thieves in third world countries. You know, you steal something you get your hand chopped off....that sort of thing. We don't do that in the vampire community" Josef said politely. Zach sighed. "In the vampire community...well let's just say our methods are a lot worse than the loss of a hand" Josef said with a smile. Zach looked at Josef suddenly.
"Mr. Kostan.......I...I was just trying to cure myself". He began to say.
"I was just trying. That has to be the number one excuse we hear from humans. Did you seek out Abigail Petzer, the young woman who created the cancer drug? Did you contact anyone in the vampire community? You didn't do any of those things, but what you did do, was proceed to test your theory out on someone else then let the results be blabbed all over the airwaves.!" Josef said.
"I'm very sorry Mr. Kostan. Is there anything I can do to make this right?" Zach pleaded. Josef sat back in his chair and thought things over.
"You know what wish Zach? I really wish humans would stop saying "I'm sorry" You really all think that just by saying sorry can excuse anything you stupidly do. Every wrong you've done can be erased with sorry. This can't be erased Zach" Josef said standing up.
"Uncle Josef!! Don't!!!" Abigail yelled as she came through the office door.
"What are you doing here?" Isabelle asked
"Uncle Josef, you can't do this. It isn't right." She said.
"Abigail, he stole from you and tried to gain from it!" Josef said.
"Yes I know, but I knew that eventually humans would try and figure out what exactly was in the drug, that couldn't be helped. But I hoped that perhaps they would take what I had done and build upon it. Create more medicines or better versions of current ones. I never wanted to hold these discoveries over their heads." She explained.
"Abigail" Josef muttered under his breath as he shook his head slowly. "You don't understand. A vampire cannot be cheated ever!" Josef said in frustration.
"Uncle Josef, I told Zachary to experiment on the drug" She said finally. Zach looked at Abigail. Why would she say that, he thought to himself. "When Zachary first suspected that there was something in the drug, he went online and started to research the chemical compound. He contacted the drug company which by the by is me and I answered his email. I told him to run whatever test he wanted. He had my permission"
"That was you?" Zach asked in surprise. Abigail nodded.
"When vampires told the world of our existence, I knew that we would have to bring something to the table that meant something more to the human world. But think of what we could accomplish if we worked together as a team. The possibilities would be limitless" She said. "So please don't kill him Uncle Josef" Josef walked over to young man.
"She just saved your life. Remember that!" He said walking out of the office.

"Why does your daughter care so much about humans?" Josef asked Brian.
"She is curious sir. Abigail has never known a human life, being born a vampire I imagine is like nothing either of us will ever know. She is fascinated by their biology and until she completes whatever it is she is searching for, life is like a giant lab and humans are the specimens she dissects". Brian said.
"Mila on the other hand is positively ruthless towards humans" Josef said with a smile.
"Indeed. Her development has been the most interesting to observe." Brian said.

Zach Paulson was hired as Abigail's research partner and they spent countless hours together huddled up in the lab. Mila watched them and shook her head. She could see trouble coming. Quite soon.

The End

Return to “Ella713's Office”