A place for Ella713's G to PG-13 stories
Ella713
Courtesan

Best Seller Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
Best Seller Rated PG
By Ella713

An author that know one's heard of writes an in depth book on the reality of vampires, and when he starts to reveal exactly who they are, circumstances become dire! :gasp:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Lydia Crane knew she was taking a chance, but she had to admit the book was damn good. The author wanted to remain anonymous and chose the pen name Nemo, which was latin for no one! That would certainly add to the mystery. After speaking with the head of the publishing company everything was green-lighted.

Josef of course was the first vampire who came upon the book. He always enjoyed a good vampire tale, but as he began to read he saw immediately that this was no longer fiction. Whoever this Nemo was, he was either a vampire himself or had befriended one. He laid the book down. While vampires continued to be in vogue so to speak, no one would take this particular book seriously.

Or so he thought.

Creatures of the Night by Nemo was an overnight success. The book was everywhere. Hollywood, smelling even more money wanted to buy the rights to the book, but the author had refused. And now everyone wanted to know who this Nemo was. Absolutely nothing could be found on this reclusive author who appeared to come out of no where. Homestead Publishing was besieged with calls and letters, but they had no information to give. Someone who worked for the Internal Revenue Service got the brilliant idea that the author was collecting money for the book, so that meant they had a social security number and bank account, but when he began to make inquiries he had no such luck. His publisher had written him a check for cash for the book. This Nemo cashed the check but opened no account. So somewhere there was a very rich man with $3,000.000.00 cash on him fully capable of disappearing for a very long time!

Beth had been hearing about the book for a couple of months. It was Steve her former co worker who brought her copy and told her to read it. The urgency in his voice spoke volumes. Beth read the book in one day and started to make some calls.

Then came the announcement at Homestead Publishing. They announced that Nemo had started a second book and that this one would be even more exciting. She wouldn't give specifics but Josef could tell she knew exactly what this book was going to contain.

"Brian, I need to speak with you immediately. We may have a very serious situation on our hands" Josef said.
"Right away sir" Brian replied. Brian knew that this meeting would be about Mr. Nemo and his book. Brian had read the book in a couple of hours and found it to be extremely accurate. Too accurate for someone even researching vampire folklore. This was an inside job. But the question was who. Who would dare do something like this and risk exposure? Whoever he was he would be dealt with harshly and very quickly. Something like this would not be excused!

"Who do you think it is?" Beth asked Mick when he got home. Mick sat the book down becoming alarmed.
"Babe, whoever wrote this book is a vampire. I mean this is stuff only a vampire would know. Very secret stuff like the workings of Counsel and how it came about. There's stuff in this book I'm not even familiar with. So this vamp's gotta be old. At least Josef or Julian's age." Mick explained.
"What do think's going to done? Already this Nemo has revealed too much and its only a matter of time before humans believe. And when that happens all hell's going to break loose." Beth finished.
"Well, I'm guessing that Josef has already met with Brian, Julian and Isabelle so it's going to be taken care of quickly." Mick said sounding more confident than he actually was.

A little after a year had gone by and the vampire hoopla surrounding Night Creatures seemed to be fizzing out. The public was extremely fickle for the most part. Today's fad quickly became "that's so yesterday"

Beth met with Steve for lunch.
"To be honest, I thought you and Mick would had this creep by now" Steve said.
"Mick and I rarely get involved in this sort of thing anymore. We prefer to let Brian and Isabelle handle everything. But I have to tell you, this past year has been frightening. When you're a vampire you think you can handle anything. I mean it comes with the whole undead thing; but this!" She said shrugging her shoulders.
"Well, I've been contacting everyone I know trying to find out who this Nemo ass is, but this guy really doesn't want to be found. No one's ever seen him, or had any dealings with him. I even went to Schafer to see if any transients had breezed into town lately" Steve said. Beth's eyes opened wide.
"Schafer! Steve that crowd is dangerous! You can't ever do that again! Promise me!" She demanded.
"Don't worry Beth. Josef put the word out on the streets that I was protected. Schafer knows this" Steve said with a smile. Beth sighed with relief, silently thanking Josef for being the smartest vampire she had ever known.

The headline of the paper told all. People were lining up at book stores to get their copy of Nemo's new book title Night Creatures Among Us. Never had a book caused this much of a sensation. And there was something new. Nemo was making a surprise appearance at The Last Bookstore to sign copies of his books.

Brian and Isabelle would be on hand for the event.

The Bookstore was filled with people of all ages awaiting their chance to see this secretive new writer. They all had so many questions about the existence of vampires and Nemo it seemed was an expert.

Lydia quietly approached the podium and cleared her throat.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to introduce the person you came to see, Nemo!" She said. The crowd stood up and began to applaud and shout. Lydia looked behind her and finally saw for the first time her star author. He was tall, well over 6ft. His hair was so black that it almost looked blue. His eyes were a deep dark brown and his hair hung almost to his shoulders. He certainly looked like a vampire, Lydia thought.

The crowd went wild and continued to yell.
Last edited by Ella713 on Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Best Seller Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

The man named Nemo glided up to podium with confidence. His eyes searched the crowd and seemed to be looking at every individual in the building one by one. His eyes stopped on Brian and then Isabelle. His eyes opened wider and in the blink of an eye Nemo was gone. Brian and Isabelle took off after him, but he was long gone.

"Oh my God!" Someone yelled. "He just disappeared!" A woman yelled. "He's really a vampire!" She said becoming scared for her life. And when everyone saw her fear, they began to mimic it. Soon everyone was running for the door. The staff at the bookstore tried to tell people to be calm, but no one was listening. They were all headed for the door. Some people got trapped under foot and were trampled.
The fire department had been called to restore some sort of order. Lydia just stood watching the crowd run for their lives. She thought that the woman in the crowd was correct. Nemo was a vampire. Then Lydia collapsed on the floor.

Every newspaper and news channel picked up the story. Pundits rejected the idea that there were vampires and stressed that this author played an elaborate trick on an unsuspecting public. Local police were considering pressing charges for inciting a riot and people who were stuck in the stampede were speaking of a class action lawsuit.

"Tell us exactly what happened Lydia." The head of the publishing company commanded. "Our attorneys are trying to dissuade and potential lawsuits"
"Roger I honestly don't know. I introduced Nemo, he walked out and stood at the podium smiling at the crowd, then in the blink of an eye he wasn't there anymore! And I'm not talking about running or anything. The man just vanished!" Lydia said recalling it all and becoming terrified all over again.
"Alright fine. What do we know about this man?"
"His manuscript was brought to me by Kevin in out non-fiction department. He told me that I really needed to read it. Myself and Alicia both read it and thought it fantastic which it was. When we got to the negotiations things were difficult but manageable. He insisted on being known by a pen name only and that of course was no problem. He also wanted it in his contract that he would never tour or participate in book signings. That something that Homestead never agrees to, but when Alan saw the manuscript, he said to give the man whatever he wanted. Everything was going fine. The sales were going through the roof and of course Hollywood was in negotiations for the book rights, but nothing was set in stone. Then when he told us the second book was finished and this time he would agree to a tour, I was relived. I mean this was his decision. So I don't know what hell is going on!"
"Has anyone heard from Mr. Nemo?" He asked. Lydia shook her head.
"I've been calling and calling."
"This is just perfect......either something happened to Mr. Nemo, or we just got played" And Roger didn't like either of those scenarios.

"So you're telling me this guy pulled a David Copperfield and disappeared?" Josef asked
"Sir, he saw both of us and then simply vanished into thin air. It was most impressive" Brian replied.
" I am sure he was startled by our presence my darling, but what we should focus on was his speed. I have never seen a vampire move at that speed before." Isabelle said as Brian nodded his head in agreement. Brian's eyes narrowed.
"I have an idea" He said and then sped away.

Lydia turned the television up. For some reason just the sound of it soothed her. It had been over a week and she still had the shakes. She poured herself a glass of wine and laid back on the sofa closing her eyes. It felt like she had only closed her eyes for a few minutes when she felt a breeze on her face. She quickly opened her eyes and sat straight up. In front of her were two young men in suits. She opened her mouth to scream, when one of the men quickly ran to her side and covered her mouth with his hand. The other man slowly walked towards her.
"Do not scream. If you scream we will have no choice but to kill you. Do you understand?" Brian said to her. Lydia nodded her head slowly. Gabriel removed his hand. "We have some questions to ask you. Ok?" Brian continued.
"W..what do you want?" She asked in a shaky voice.
"We want to know about Nemo" Brian said.
Tears started to well up in Lydia's eyes.
"I don't know anything about him" She said shaking her head. Brian nodded at Gabriel who slowly took Lydia's hand in his.
"Listen to me Lydia. It's very important that you tell us everything you know about Nemo. He is a very dangerous man" Gabriel said in a soothing tone. Lydia stared straight ahead.
"I don't know the man. We only spoke on the phone or by email." She said.
"Where do you send his royalties?" Brian asked.
"We send the money via a wire transfer. It goes so an account in Montenegro" She said.
" Did Nemo come to you with his book?"
"No. My Co-worker Kevin Bennett brought it to me" She replied.

"Let's go pay a visit to Kevin Bennett" Brian said to his brother.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Nemo knew that the Counsel would send some vampires to make sure his book never saw the light of day, but he had no idea they would send Nosferatu! When he spied the two vampires in the crowd the only thing he could think of doing was getting out of there as quick as he could. He sat in his lair and opened up the New York Times to read the book review.

"While reading the second book by new author Nemo, one can't tell if this is truly a non-fiction book. Each chapter is beautifully described and rich in detail that it lacks the cold and clinical read of other non-fiction books. Very much like John Berendt's Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, the people through out this book are so vivid you feel that they must be a works of fiction. Chilling and supernaturally sinister, this book makes your hair stand on end and everyone you come upon will become suspect. And the list of powerful vampires named in the final chapter, will make you cloak your house in garlic"

Nemo smiled as he read the review.

"Mr. Kostan! Mr. Kostan! How do you feel about Nemo's new book and the fact that you're named as a vampire?" A reporter called out to him. Josef stepped up to the reporter's mic.
"Do I really need to answer that question?" Josef said with a smile. "I'm pretty sure this book gave up nothing as proof of these allegations, so why are we even discussing this? And from what I've seen television and in films, if vampires were indeed real, I doubt Mr. Nemo would have been around to write a book" Josef laughed.

Everyone laughed at that statement. Josef always had that affect on people. He could always make them forget whatever was bothering you and make you laugh. You felt safer. But Isabelle knew this was only temporary. Nemo had named not only Josef and Balthazar, but herself, Brian and Julian!

Brian didn't bother knocking on Kevin Bennett's door. He simply vanished and unlocked the door for Gabriel. They looked all around the very neat and tidy house. Brian checked the basement and Gabriel checked the second floor. He opened the bathroom door and was assaulted by the smell of blood. Gabriel understood why the smell of human blood could turn vampires into frenzied killers. The smell was very strong and almost intoxicating, but Gabriel had never tasted fresh blood in his life and had no interest in doing so. He pulled back the shower curtain and saw a man who must be Kevin Bennett, hanging upside down, his neck wide open but his body drained of all blood.

"That I am to assume is Kevin Bennett?" Brian said when he saw the body.

The police seemed to arrive as soon as Gabriel and Brian had discovered the body. So someone tipped them off.

Carl looked all round the house and saw nothing that stuck out as unusual, but in his world lately, everything was unusual. Kevin's body had been taken down by the coroner.
"So what you got Felix?" Carl asked.
"What you got is a guy who looks like his throat was torn apart by wolves. And these wolves just happen to be vampire wolves because he doesn't have a single drop of blood left in his body." Felix said barely looking up from his notes. "Looks like all the talk about vampires is true" he finished. Carl shook his head and started to walk away.

"Hey Mick. It's Carl. We have trouble" He said into the phone.

Mick and Beth were getting ready to take a long romantic weekend to San Francisco when Mick's phone rang.
"Don't answer it" Beth said with a smile.
"I won't" Mick said grabbing his suitcase. His phone continued to ring.
"Don't answer it" Beth said again over her shoulder.
"I'm not!" Mick said walking out the door and closing it behind him. The phone continued to ring and before Beth could say anything Mick quickly glanced at the display. "Babe, it's Carl. This could be important." He said answering his phone. Beth leaned against the elevator knowing by the look on Mick's face, that they weren't going anywhere. So she picked up her bags and headed back into the house.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Night Creatures Among Us was a bonafide hit breaking sales records all over the world and Josef Kostan was stuck right in the very middle of it all. Reporters were asking if he would take a physical or have lab work done to prove that both he and his wife were human, they started to ask specific questions about his past. When was he born and where did he grown up, and what his parents did. And it seemed that even the charm of Josef Kostan wasn't enough to quelch the inquisition. Brian as well came under fire. Paparazzi hounded him constantly, trying to get that one shot that would prove he was one of the undead. Brian usually so even tempered when it came to mortals came close to causing a scene when reporters came to Abigail's class and hounded her. Isabelle was quickly there to get both Brian and his daughter out of the way before he tore every last one of them apart.

Julian met with Josef and Brian each day.
"I think the time has come. This book has left us no choice. Soon mortals will assemble into militias to hunt and kill vampires and those who even resemble what they perceive to be vampires" He began to say. Josef knew that the time would come eventually, but he and Brian had taken great pains to allow for more time. Brian neither cared nor worried. His only concern was for his family and he would punch a whole in the earth to protect them.
"This must be well planned" Brian said finally. "Everyone we care for must be relocated immediately and then they will be told". He finished.

Julian and Josef nodded in agreement.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

It did not take long before survivalist and paramilitary groups emerged all with the slogans reading "Taking America Back" or "Freedom America Coalition" to gather in large numbers. Slowly, the shape of Los Angeles was changing and changing fast. Brian was chosen to address the city as he had zero chance of being ambushed.

Nemo sat in his remote cabin watching it all unfold. He had no idea what the Counsel powers that be would do, but his job was done he said with a smile. Now things will go back to the way they were when vampires were free to hunt whomever they chose. Free to live how they chose without having to assimilate with mortals! He was pretty sure that Josef would make an announcement to the public that he was a vampire and after a brief period of hysteria, mortals would accept that they were no longer in control of things.

"Ladies and Gentleman Welcome to Action News, I'm Leigh Anders. Tonight we have Brian Petzer, CFO of Kostan Industries here to address the rumors of vampirism in Los Angeles due to the book written by the anonymous author Nemo. Good evening Mr. Petzer. Thank you for joining us"

"Thank you for having me" Brian said in a cordial tone.
"So, vampires are real according to Nemo and you in fact are a vampire?" She asked somewhat nervously.
"If you mean in the cutthroat business tycoon way most would agree with that statement, but I will say that vampires do indeed exist." He said.
"So you're saying that you're not a vampire? Okay what about Josef Kostan and his wife?"
"Josef Kostan and Isabelle are no more vampire than I am. Come on! The man was the President of United States for two terms! I don't even know how to address how ridiculous this is." Brian said with a wide smile that for Nosferatu looked very sincere.
"But you did say that vampires are real?" She asked.
"Oh yeah, they are. In fact the man who calls himself Nemo is a vampire." Brian said.

"Mr. Petzer....Are you going on record saying that Nemo IS a vampire?" The reporter asked in shock.
"Come, come. We've all seen the footage. We've had several of the top people from Joint Photographic Experts Group and they have said the exact same thing. This man Nemo moved at the speed of sound. What he did was no magic trick as the press or his publishing company would have you believe. Nemo is a vampire." Brian said in very even tones. The reporter continued to stare at Brian in amazement.
"I...I'm sorry... Mr. Petzer.. I'm having a hard time with all of this."
"I don't think that will matter to Nemo. In fact, I think he could care less"

Nemo watched the news program in shock! They just outed him which gave license to every vampire hunter and Ancient to destroy him. "Damn Kostan!!" Nemo roared.

Josef chuckled all through the news program. Brian handled himself perfectly. He gave just the right amount of humor and seriousness. Now forcing this Nemo out in the open meant a lot of people were going to want a piece of him. Vampires would demand it, and Hunters......well, now that they knew who he was, they would go after him without question.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Zacharia Lahrson was a most feared vampire hunter from Hungary who was only called upon for the most troublesome vamps. When he received word of what was going on in America, he made arrangements right away.

Nemo fled from his cabin as soon as he saw Brian on the news. He would go somewhere they would never think to look for him. He quickly checked his account overseas, there would be enough money to last a very long time. He stared in shock as his wire account read zero dollars! His eyes narrowed. Lydia! She had stopped all his payments! Damn her to hell!!! He thought racing out the door.

Brian walked calmly out of the studio and phoned Isabelle.
"Isabelle, be on guard. Nemo will find out quite soon that he has no money and he will come for Lydia. Also, I sense that a hunter will be visiting us soon." Brian said.
"Would you like to introduce Nemo to the hunter?" Isabelle joked.
"That would be best" Brian said hanging up the phone and leaving to meet with Josef.

Steve being always the investigator decided to do some digging himself. He knew he was taking a big risk walking into that particular establishment, but desperate times called for desperate measures. The moment he walked in everything stopped. The hair on his arms stood up. He knew they could smell the fear coming from them and it only excited the crowd more. He slowly walked over to the bartender and took a seat.
"Can I ask you a couple of questions?" Steve asked bravely. Before the bartender could respond 5 vampires surrounded him.
"You got a deathwish mortal?" One very large vampire said to him in a growl. Steve sat very still.
"Actually, I don't. I'm just trying to find some information" He replied.
"See, I think you do have a deathwish, because we aren't exactly the free information type of crowd." Another smaller vamps said walking closer to Steve. The bartender turned around and made a quick phone call. He then handed the receiver to the larger vamp.
"Merle, it's for you" the bartender said.
Steve saw the vamp turn pale, his eyes opened wide and his hands started to shake as he handed the phone back. He looked at Steve with a smile.
"Hey man, we were just kidding. We do that sometimes" He said with a weak chuckle.
"Hey, that's okay. I understand" Steve said. The vamps started to turn around each baffled why they weren't tearing that guy apart.
"You're sure we're cool?" Merle asked again. At Steve's nodd the group of vampires left the bar.
"You playing a dangerous game Steve, you know that?" The bartender said.
"Yeah I do. And whatever happens happens" He said with a shaky smile.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Zacharia Lahrson arrived in Los Angeles and proceeded to get to work immediately. In a small amount of time he had destroyed 6 vampires. He felt the charge all over his body. There was a vampire in Los Angeles who was older than the rest. He focused his mind and felt the electric like charge get stronger. Yeah, he thought to himself. This vampire was at least 600 years old and he knew exactly where he was hiding.

"The hunter has arrived" Brian said to Isabelle quietly. She quickly looked up at him.
"Now?!" She asked in surprised.
"Yes. He's going after Nemo. We must follow him!" Brian said urgently grabbing her hand and speeding off.

Steve drove to Beth's apartment to tell her what he had found out, never noticing Schaefer was tailing him. Schaefer had grown tired of Steve's digging around into the lives of vampires thinking that just because he had the grace of Josef Kostan, he was untouchable! Well he wasn't! At this moment Schaefer hated every mortal on Earth. He saw Steve pull into the garage of a very swanky high-rise. Watched his small cocky frame get out of his car like he didn't have a care in the world.

Steve was about to press the elevator button when he was grabbed from behind. As his eyes were closing his last thought was "Someone had to hear me scream"
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Mick stood up quickly. He heard a scream some where close. And it sounded a lot like Steve! Beth looked up at him.
"Honey, what is it?" She asked anxiously.
"I think it's Steve!" he said as he ran out the door with Beth following close behind him. And Mick briefly closed his eyes and listened. He heard ragged breathing and smelled an overwhelming amount of blood! He ran to the garage and found Steve laid out on the ground grasping for air.
"Steve!!" Beth yelled running over to him "Oh my God! Mick do something!!" She said taking off her cardigan and wrapping it around Steve's throat. Mick could hear his heartbeat slowing down. Damn it! He thought. He quickly rolled up his sleeve and bit his arm deeply and held the dripping wound over Steve's mouth.

Brian and Isabelle picked up the hunter's scent quite easily. Nemo had a hideaway in Laurel Canyon and the hunter had almost arrived, but they had to get there before he did. Not wasting any time, Isabelle burst through the door surprising the vampire. And before he could flee, Brian had his arms tightly around him in a vice like grip that he could not escape.

"Well, Nemo. You've certainly done a fair bit of damage" Brian hissed in his ear. Nemo said nothing. "Why did you come here?" Brian asked. Again Nemo remained silent. "The hunter is on his way here you know, and I fear this particular hunter has his eyes set on you" Brian teased. He felt Nemo stiffen slightly. That certainly got his attention. "Yes, I here this hunter has a very particularly cruel way of dealing out his death blows to vampires. So why don't you tell me why you came and perhaps Dragos will save you" Brian said. Nemo tried to turn and look at Brian.
"Y.....you're Dragos?" Nemo said.
"Indeed" Brian replied. Nemo went limp in Brian's arms.
"Sarafina" He said in a whisper. Brian heard Isabelle gasp.
"Isabelle, who is Sarafina?" Brian asked.
"My Lord, she is the evilest of our kind ever to exist. She has not made herself known to anyone in over 350 years. Most thought her destroyed.....this is unbelievable" Isabelle said shaking her head. "We must leave here before the hunter comes and take him someplace" She said pulling out her phone and calling Josef first and then Balthazar.

Josef laid his phone down slowly. If what Isabelle just told him was true, carnage and death would be coming to the world very soon.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Steve had a whopper of a headache. He slowly rubbed his temples. He tried to sit up but felt exhausted. His head felt like it weighed a ton. He looked around. Where the hell was he? Slowly a door opened and he saw the face of someone he knew.
"Hey Beth" He managed to croak out. "Something tells me I screwed up" He mumbled closing his eyes.
"If screwed up you mean getting yourself involved with vampires you don't know, then yeah you screwed up." Beth said walking over to him. "How do you feel?"
"Like someone hit me over the head with a Buick" He said.
"Do you remember anything?" Beth asked.
"I was coming to see you and Mick for some reason and I can't remember what it was, but I think someone jumped me from behind" Steve explained. Beth reached over and held his hand.
"Steve. No one jumped you. You were attacked. By a vampire." Beth said slowly.
"A vampire? You're kidding! If that happened, I would be dead!" Steve said
"You were Steve, or as close to it as I've seen anyone........Mick saved you" Beth said in a quiet voice. Steve looked at Beth for a long while.
"Cool" he said and closed his eyes again and went to sleep.

Brian and Isabelle met with Counsel to inform them of what they found out. Nemo stood in the midst of Counsel. All eyes upon him.
"If it is your will to destroy me, be done with it!" He yelled out to them. Brian was furious. Not just at his words but at the trouble he had help bring. He walked up to Nemo and held his head in a firm grip.
"Trust me Nemo. When you are destroyed, I swear to you, it will not be quickly!" Brian said in his face. Josef grinned at Brian's words.
"Remind me to never piss you off Brian!" He joked.

Sarafina looked out at beach. Everything was vibrant and luscious looking now. Sarafina had lived through some pretty dismal times, but she always surprised by the ingenuity of man. No matter how very stupid they appeared to be they always ended up surprising her in the end.

She had hoped with the release of Nemo's book, vampires would be forced to make their presence known, but so far she had heard no word. Perhaps all that was needed was little scare!

"How's he doing?" Mick asked as he walked in the door.
"I can't tell yet. Honey, I hoped we did the right thing" Beth replied. Mick walked over to her and placed his arms around her.
"I think Steve knew what he was doing babe. He'll be alright" Mick said with a heavy sigh. Being Steve's sire meant Mick was responsible for him.

Sarafina, walked along the beach and laughed at how the men eyed her body up and down. She knew that one would very quickly catch up to her to say hello.
"Hi there" A male voice said to her. Sarafina turned and saw a strapping young man dressed casually as most people in this time do.
"Hello" She replied simply.
"You know walking the beach at night is a dangerous thing to do. There are some pretty scary people out nowadays" He said with a smile.
"Really? How scary?" She asked with a smile.
"Muggers, rapist and even murderers. Let's just say it's not safe." He said feeling like she would be grateful for some company.
"Is that all?" She laughed.
"Isn't that enough? I mean what's worse than that? he asked. Sarafina turned to face him and sunk her fang into his throat. When she had took all she needed she threw his limp body down to the sand.
"I am much worse than that" She said with a terrifying smile her face covered in blood. Someone walking past saw her face and screamed. Sarafina quickly stopped her screams. Then continued walking down the beach killing everyone she saw.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

"It is confirmed. 23 people are dead in what appears to be a violent attack last night. There were no witnesses at the scene and the Police are asking anyone with knowledge of these tragic attacks to contact the LAPD. This Mary Davis at Action News"

Balthazar switched off the television.
"The time has come to make a decision. To either kill Sarafina or make ourselves known" Balthazar said. Josef certainly had no desire to tell the world of their existence. Surely there had to be another way. Sarafina would continue to kill until she was stopped. And Josef didn't think that Brian could do it on his own. Hell, he didn't think that Brian with Isabelle's help could destroy Sarafina, for her powers were legendary. She could make your eyes bleed, robbing you of sight, she could whisper a command in your ear and you would have to obey. And the only thing she loved doing was hunting. It was Sarafina who had killed all the citizens in Roanoke. Many lost civilizations were brutally savaged by her hand. The Mayans, the Rapa Nui inhabitants of Easter Island and so many more. And now she was in Los Angeles, California. Millions among millions of people.

Beth walked in the guest bedroom where Steve laid, a glass of blood in her hand. Beth sat the glass down and walked over to shut the blinds. Steve's eyes wouldn't be strong enough to handle the sun.

"So I'm really a vampire" She heard his voice say.
"Yes, you are Steve." Beth said sitting down in a chair next to him. "Mick seems to think this is what you wanted all along"
"I guess I did." Steve said slowly "But be careful what you wish for huh?" Steve said with weak grin.
"There's no turning back Steve. What's done is done" Beth said. Steve nodded his head thinking of all the things that he would
miss. He turned to stare at the glass that Beth had set next to the bed.
"So this is it?" He asked continuing to stare at the glass. He thought he would be sick at the mere sight of a glass of blood, but the more he looked at it the more he wanted it. He grabbed the glass and quickly drank the entire amount.
"Would you like a refill?" Beth asked with a smile.
"Yes I would barkeep, and keep them coming" He joked.
Last edited by Ella713 on Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Brian had a plan but it would be risky, but as he saw the situation, there was no other way. Within seconds he was in sub artic temperatures of Barrows, Alaska, knocking on his sister's door.
"Brian! What on Earth are you doing out here? Is everyone okay?" She asked pulling him into the their home.
"Brian! What brings you to Alaska?" Jeff said coming out to give him a hug.
"Everything is not okay, I'm afraid. Something awful has come to Los Angeles." Brian began to say. Helen grabbed Jeff's hand and gripped it tightly. "A vampire. A very very old vampire has come to California to force vampires into the open. We all fear that her rampage through the city will cause dire circumstances for everyone" He explained.
"What would you like us to do?" Jeff said immediately.
"I was thinking of something along the lines of how we caught the first vampire hunter who came to town."
"Well, we're going to need more than a little trick. I have a friend I'd like you to meet." Jeff said picking up his phone and dialing a number. Soon there was a knock at the door.
"Nakona, come in, I want you meet my brother in law" Jeff said. "Brian, this is Nakona." Both men studied each other then tentatively shook hands.
"Jeff you said this was important" Nakona said in a deep baritone voice. Jeff explained the danger that had gripped Los Angeles and asked for his assistance.
"These are city concerns. What have they to do with us or our way of life?" He asked.
"Because this vampire known as Sarafina will come here eventually and when that happens this small town will be like so many others she has ripped through." Brian said.
Last edited by Ella713 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Nakona stared at Brian. There was something odd about this vampire however young he may look. He smelled as if he had come from the beginning. Finally Nakona sighed.
"What is it that you want me to do?" He asked.
"I'm not sure. Do you have any special abilities?" Brian asked. Helen and Jeff both giggled.
"Boy does he ever!" Jeff said.
"Well, I trust my sister and if both her and her husband have complete faith in you, then I do as well" Brian said. "But come, we have much to do"

When Isabelle saw Helen, she immediately hugged her.
"Helen, we are very sorry to drag you away from your home but we need you most desperately" She said.
"Of course Isabelle. Anything. Anything at all" Helen said holding her hand. Isabelle suddenly looked up.
"Explain. Who is this?" Isabelle asked preparing to attack the strange vampire.
"Isabelle calm down. He's with us. This is Nakona." Helen explained.
"Why are you here?" Isabelle inquired.
"Helen and Jeff thought I could help you out" He said.
"Why? Why are you so important to us?" Isabelle asked wanting clarification. Brian walked in and stood next to Nakon.
"Isabelle, he is a Multiplier" Brian said. He watched Isabelle's eyes grow wide at the possibilities and what that could mean.
"Truly? You are?" She asked in surprise. "You are one of the lost tribe?" Nakona nodded his head at her questions.

Isabelle was dumbfounded by the revelation. She looked to Brian with so many questions.
"My Lord, this is true?"
"Yes Isabelle. And he's going to help us get rid of Sarafina once and for all"

Steve finally felt well enough to get out of bed. He looked in a mirror. He still looked like himself, nothing had been altered or changed. His hearing was crystal clear. He could hear all sorts of noises. Even distinct conversation outside. He walked out of the bedroom and saw Mick working on his computer. Mick quickly stood up.
"Hey Steve, how do you feel?" Mick asked.
"I'm not really sure Mick. I guess I'm fine. I'm hearing all kinds of things." Steve said.
"Yeah, and you'll hear more each day....but Steve, we need to talk about some things. Things you'll have to learn. As your sire......." Mick began to explain.
"Yeah, I know Mick. You're responsible for me. So you have to train me. Right?" Steve said.
"You wanted to be a vampire for a while didn't you?" Mick said with a grin.

Saafina's count was now 36 innocent lives taken and Los Angeles was on high alert. The homeless were ushered into shelters at night fall. Runaways were told to either check in at a shelter or go to the nearest hospital or church. LAPD and the National Guard patrolled the streets and beaches, doing their best to keep the folks of Los Angeles safe. No one but vampires ventured out at night. Shops, restaurants and bars closed early each night, no one wanting to take a chance at being out after dark.

Mick was one of the vampires that volunteered to patrol the beaches. For the first time since he had moved to L.A. there were zero people on the beach. At least everyone was listening to the warning. He saw a figure ahead all alone. His first instinct was to run and escort the person off the beach, but he paused and sniffed the air. Vampire. Mick didn't move or speak, but he waited. The vampire would make herself known. The woman slowly approached Mick and walked around him.

"You are beautiful." Her seductive voice said to him. "Has anyone ever told you that before?" Mick said nothing, but just watched her "You can speak can't you?" She joked.
"Yeah, I just don't know what you expect me to say" Mick replied.
"What are you called?"
"Mick St. John" He said as she walked closer and ran her delicate hands over his chest. "Oh, you are a treasure aren't you?" She sighed as if making up her mind about something. "I suppose I can take a little break from hunting for one night. So tell me Mick St. John, what brings you out tonight? Have you fed?"
"Yeah. I grabbed someone earlier" He joked. Sarafina clapped her hands.
"A vampire after my own heart and with unsurpassed beauty too boot" She said with a smile. "I must go Mick St. John, perhaps we can meet here tomorrow and explore the night together"
"Sounds good." Mick said and the vampire vanished.

"So you met Sarafina?" Isabelle asked.
"Yeah, I think so. Long red hair, about yay high?" Mick explained. Isabelle nodded head.
"Do not meet her at the beach Mick. We need to lure her out."
"She doesn't look like the sort of woman who stand for being stood up" Mick said.
"Exactly." Brian said walking in. "She will seek you out when you do not show up and she will find you" He finished.
"We want her to be directed to the place of our choosing"
"Alright. Just tell me where" Mick said calmly.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Sarafina, smiled to herself. It had been ages since she had had a mate. Coupledom between vampires was deadly business. Always the fight for power or riches. But this Mick St. John was exceptional. Yes, he would do quite nicely.

Beth wasn't pleased with the plan.
"Why is it always my husband? My husband always used as bait!" Beth yelled. No one knew what to say, because she was right. Somehow it always came down to Mick. In the end, it was Josef who spoke up.
"Come on Beth! You married him! Look at the man!" Josef said exasperated.
"Josef is correct Beth. Your husband is very beautiful and much desired" Isabelle said.
"Mom, be glad you can't hear what women and some men are thinking about dad" Gabriel said. "I wish I didn't have to hear it!"
"You married a babe. Get over it." Josef said ending the conversation.

Steve while still tired from the transformation, was thirsty and walked downstairs to get a drink. He stopped when he saw the meeting going on. He turned to go back up the stairs.
"Steve!" Josef called out to him. Steve turned back around and slowly walked down the stairs. "How do you feel?" Josef asked.
"I feel okay. Just tired." Steve replied.
"Well have a seat Steve. You might as well sit down, this is your life now" Josef finished. Brian stood up and explained what was to be done.
"Helen, Jeff. We need you two to get to this location right away. Take form and stay that way. Nakona, I want you to confuse her as much as you can and keep it coming."
At Nakona's nod, he Jeff and Helen took off. Beth ran up to Mick.
"It seems like I'm always saying this these days but be careful" she said hugging him tightly.
"I'll be fine babe. Don't worry. Look out for Steve and don't let him leave the apartment" Mick said staring straight at Steve.
"Alright. Let's go end this woman" Isabelle said in a tense voice filled with malice.

Sarafina slowly approached the beach knowing she would see Mick St. John and very much looking forward to it. She smiled brightly as she walked quietly. She looked all around and there was no sign of him! That bastard!! she thought. How dare he not show up as she commanded! Beautiful Mr. St. John may very well be, but he would be destroyed if she did nothing else this night! She closed her eyes for a few minutes. She knew exactly where he was.

Mick sat in a chair in the old Los Angeles brewery, flipping through a magazine. He heard a rustle of wind and knew that Sarafina had arrived.
"You have disappointed me Mr. St. John. I am used to when I say do, it is done. I am old and set in my ways."
Mick stood slowly.
"I'm sorry. I just changed my mind. Didn't think you'd go all crazy hysterical female on me!" Mick said. Sarafina bit back the words she was about to say.
"So, you too are just another man who thinks that women are below him." She said.
"Well, yeah. Nice to bed, hell to wed" Mick said laughing at his own joke. He could sense that Sarafina was about to explode in red hot anger.
"You!......disrespectful little shit!" She screamed. She closed her eyes gathering up all the power she possessed. When she opened her eyes, she was surrounded by Mick St. Johns! Everywhere! Pressing up against her. "Stop this!" She yelled. Nakona kept creating more and more and soon the warehouse space was filled with Sarafina and over 7 thousand Mick St. Johns!! Helen and Jeff quickly appeared and staked Sarafina once in the chest.
"Is that all you have water vamps!!" Sarafina laughed as she pulled the stake out and tossed it aside. "I am imperious to staking! So great is my power! Foolish vampires!" She yelled out to them. Brian came out of nowhere and slapped the silver neck brace around her neck. Sarafina began to scream out as she fell to her knees clawing at the silver brace burning her fingers with each touch.
Sarafina gave Brian a look that begged for an explanation. Brian said nothing, He simply looked at Isabelle. Mick knew that Isabelle would take care of the vamp for good.

"Nakoma, please reconsider. California is a wonderful place and we would love to have you here" Mick explained.
"No Mick. I must be where my ancestors are. That is the way of my people" he replied walking up to Brian and extending his hand. "You are a good man, Brian. A man who would do anything for his family and their way of life."
"Thank you for coming." Brian replied stiffly as he watched Nacona, Jeff and Helen make their way back to Alaska.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian walked into to work and saw that all eyes were on him. As a vampire he had gotten used to the lusting, but this was fear.
He walked quickly to Josef's office and was told by his secretary Bridgett, that Josef was giving a press conference.
"I wasn't told about this" Brian said to her. Bridgett took a large breath.
"He's coming out Mr. Petzer".
"What?! Mr. Kostan would never do a thing like that" Brian said.
Bridgett quickly turned on the television and there was Josef Kostan, Isabelle and Balthazar telling all to Leslie Stahl of CBS 60 Minutes.

"We firmly believe that the time has come to reveal the truth. Yes, vampires do exist. We are real." Josef said to the camera.

The End

Last bumped by Ella713 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:07 pm.

Return to “Ella713's Office”