Ella713
Courtesan

And He Served Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
And He Served
Rated PG
By Ella713

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Mick's old service buddy escapes from Vampire holding with one thing on his mind. Kill Mick St. John

Summer was in full swing in Los Angeles which meant tourist, traffic and crime. As much as Mick and Carl loved their fair city, they always hated that it's beauty could attract so much bitterness. In two weeks prior to the beginning of Summer, Mick had helped Carl with a child trafficking ring and a huge Identity theft group who were targeting senior citizens. At times Mick felt that he wasn't doing enough...he was surrounded by three powerful Angels, a slew of kick-ass cleaners, a terrifying fairy and her hand of God husband and it seemed that they were doing very little to make life better.

So when Mick turned on the television and heard the reporter talk about a horrendous murder in South Beach, he wasn't surprised, but after listening a bit more he was on high alert. The murderer had left a message and that message was "that's one". Mick didn't know why that freaked him out. Killers especially serial killers often left messages at a crime scene, almost taunting the police to catch them. But this message seemed to be more than a teasing. This message was personal and for a reason he couldn't explain, Mick knew it was for him.

Terrence looked all around. He had no idea where he was. His eyes were still burning from being surrounded by silver. He had wanted to free the friends he had made but something told him that the Veselie could not be trusted and he wanted Mick all to himself! he didn't care about his son if that were even possible for Vampires to have children which he doubted.......he turned quickly and hid himself from the sound he heard coming from behind him. Two hikers were just making it up to the ridge. Terrence could smell the sweat and perspiration from both of them...and they smelled delicious!!

Katrina was livid when she was told. The cleaners prided themselves on never making mistakes! She looked at her sister laying broken and twisted on the floor. What this vampire had done meant destruction. And that destruction would be in the cruelest way imaginable!
"My Lord. A prisoner has escaped." She said to Brian over the phone.
"Who was on watch?" Brian asked in anger.
"Gala....she has been destroyed" Katrina replied. "It was Terrence Walters My Lord"
"I will alert my father" Brian said hanging up. Mick was still damaged by the war like most of the men who served, but having to destroy a good friend he served with would be devastating.

After his meal Terrence felt powerful once again, but he still had no idea where he was, but from looking around he knew he would have to seek shelter fast, because the sun was bright. From what he could tell, it looked like he was in the tropics somewhere which was pretty clever for a vampire prison. He should have asked the hikers, but he was starving and wasted very little time in devouring them. He made his way through the swamp like conditions, grabbing what creatures he could find and draining them as he walked. He heard voices and quickly ran towards them.
"Hey!!" He yelled out. "Hey you!!!" He said trotting towards them and stopping. It looked like the vampire prison was in Asia somewhere and of course he didn't speak the language. He smiled what he had hoped was a friendly smile.
"English?" He asked hopefully.

Mick and Carl had just broken up a dog fighting gang and after the gang was arrested they started emptying the cages that the dogs were houses.
"How the hell could they do something like this?" Mick said in anger.
"Don't lay all the fault on Jose and his crew. People pay huge bucks to watch dog fighting" Carl said shaking his head.
"Its barbaric!" Mick replied seeing that one dog did not make it, but had 7 pups all around the dead body.
The ASPCA will be here to make sure these guys get a get home" Carl said. One little puppy ran over to Mick and started to nip on the toe of his boot.
"Hey little man" Mick said bending over to scoop him up in his hands. "I think Beth would love you" He said rubbing the dog behind his ear. "They won't miss one will they" He asked
No. Just go. I'll take care of this" Carl said smiling, watching Mick place the puppy in his coat pocket.

Mick was excited to bring the little dog to Beth who he knew would love it no matter where he came from. He walked into his apartment ready to jump all over his wife when he saw the sour faces of Beth, Josef, Katrina, and Alma sitting down in his living room.
"What now?!" He asked throwing his hands up in the air. Katrina stood up and walked towards him.
"Terrence Walters has escaped" She said. Mick slowly began to lower his arms.
"How long do you think we have?" Mick asked getting right down to it.
"If he doesn't get fried in the heat, I would say 5 days. If he possesses the ability to glamour anyone perhaps 2 -3 days" Katrina said. "My Lord has taken off to scan the Continent" She said.
"Look Mick, I want you and Beth to stay at Kostan Towers until this guy is caught. With Darrian and Gideon and Brian close by they can protect you both". Josef said. "And before you say something like "I think I can handle things with this guy" let me tell you, I wasn't just suggesting" Josef said firmly.
"I've placed a very strong protection spell over not just your apartment but the entire building. He will not be able to cross the threshold" Alma said standing up to light some odd twig and blow the smoke all around the apartment.
"Should I ask what the hell that is" Mick asked.
"You could, but what would it matter" Alma answered continuing her spell.
"I've already packed our things and I called Carl to let him know, so he can be on his guard as well" Beth said taking his hand.

Brian appeared suddenly.
"He is no longer in Asia, but he is not in Los Angeles. Mom and Dad, let Josef take you to Kostan Towers. I've already arranged a suite for you both. I'm taking Alma to the Police station and to Carl and Angela's. We need to make sure that everyone who has had contact with this vamp is protected." Brian said.

Mick sat on the sofa in the luxurious suite Josef had provided and thought about the time when he and Terrance were on the front lines of Normandy and later Oradour-Sur-Glane. In those days service men were called Blood Brothers, each willing to die for one another as well as their country. We were fearless Mick remembered. Trained for one singular purpose. Destroy the enemy. And right now Terrance saw him as the enemy and only Mick's destruction would appease him. Beth knew that Mick was worried beyond belief. A decorated soldier he took everything about service in the military seriously. Most would never know or appreciate what the military had done to ensure that everyone was safe and that left him bewildered. She walked over to him and sat down.
"You want to talk about it?" She asked quietly.
"I just don't get it. Terrance was my best friend. We've been through so much together. You can't serve under those conditions and come out of it hating your brothers. Self-hate? Yeah I get that, and trust me a lot of soldiers came out of the war hating themselves for what they did, but they never hated another soldier"
"I can't imagine what that was like honey. I'm sure it was horrific for you all, but your friend is very angry and not just with you" Beth said. Mick sat up slowly.
"But why is he angry?" Mick said staring into space for a moment. He suddenly turned quickly to Beth.
"I'm going to run out for a moment. I'll be right back" He said kissing her on lips and running for the door.

Terrance looked all around and smiled. Finally he was back in Los Angeles. As much as he hated the city, he glad to be back on American soil. He felt a little guilty over the mess he left behind, but he was famished and being surrounded by silver had weakened him considerably. Now however, it was time to seek his revenge. While imprisoned, he had learned from the Veselie that Mick had a wife as well as two sons, not to mention a slew of friends.....but before he took on his old friend, he would pay a visit to the Detective Davis! Turns out the mortal Officer was a dear friend to Mick St. John.....yes, he would kill him first. he was sure that his friend was already aware of his escape and would be preparing for his attack, but there was little he could do for the Detective..........
Last edited by Ella713 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: And He Served Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

"Hey Dylan! Make sure you get that forensic report to me first thing. If Felix is not giving this all of his time, tell him he's going to hear it from me!" Carl yelled as he was walking out.
"Yes sir Captain. I'll go talk to him right now" Officer Dylan replied.

Carl was dead tired. he and his officers had finally laid down an airtight profile of the man they were looking for in a slew of muggings. Any other time this would have been low on their list, but the last victim had fought back, and now she was dead. It always made Carl angry when women were killed in this way. Times were tight, and not everyone woman in Los Angeles was ready to hand over whatever was in their purse willingly to some jerk! While he never advised women to fight back, some women had done just that and were successful in thwarting the suspect, but this woman........he closed his eyes briefly and shook his head sadly. He heard a noise behind him so he quickly turned around.
"Who's there?" He yelled out into the empty parking garage. He placed his hand on his service weapon and unsnapped the holder. If someone was down here trying to jack cars they were in big time trouble. Suddenly he was grabbed from behind by strong arms. He went for his gun but it was slapped out of his hands with such force it broke his hand. He screamed out in pain and felt the hand cover his mouth.
"He's not going to be able to save you" Carl heard the man whisper in his ear as he felt the fangs sink into his throat.....
Last edited by Ella713 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I just wanted to tell you I am enjoying your story. I feel badly about Carl. Can we expect other chapters?
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlightsonata wrote:I just wanted to tell you I am enjoying your story. I feel badly about Carl. Can we expect other chapters?
Yes you can! More on the way soon!
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Mick got the call a little after 6pm and he froze when the officer told him.
"Honey, what's wrong?" Beth asked seeing the expression on his face. "Mick! Tell me!" She yelled starting to become afraid. Mick didn't want to tell her. He knew how close Beth and Carl have always been.
"Babe, it's C...Carl.....he's been attacked by a vampire. He's being rushed to Mercy General" He said reaching for his keys. "Come on, we have to go" He said grabbing her hand and running to the garage.

Mick and Beth made it to the emergency room at the same time as Josef, Angela and Bridgett and soon after their arrival they were met by Brian, Alma, Zoe, Gabriel, Amy, Ted, Ben Talbot, Isabelle, Katrina, Lisa, Steve, Haley, Collin and a slew of LAPD officers. No one uttered a word, but each anxiously awaited news of the man they so dearly loved.

Josef called the very best surgeons in the world and ordered them to take on Carl's case, even when a nurse tried to assure him that Carl was receiving the best care in California, Josef still insisted on the best that all the money in world could afford. Angela stared at the floor with tears streaming down her cheeks. Mick walked quietly over to her and pulled her out his chair.
"Come on Angela" He said gently walking her away from everyone. "I want you to know that everyone in that waiting room loves Carl. He's family. And we'll do whatever you want us to do" Mick said carefully with his throat tightening at the thought of his good friend hating him forever for turning him against his wishes.
"When I was turned Carl made me promise that he would never be turned into a vampire....but things are different now...I....I don't want to lose him" She wailed and fell into Mick's arms.
"I know" He said holding her tightly. Mick looked up and saw a doctor approaching them.
"Mrs. Davis?" He called out into the room.
"Yes" Angela said slowly walking towards him.
"Can I speak to you in private?" The doctor said looking down at his chart.
"No. All of Carl's family needs to know what's going on" She said firmly wiping her eyes with a tissue.
"Alright. Your husband was attacked savagely. We were able to stop the bleeding but he has lost a tremendous amount of blood....I'm sorry, but he won't make it through the night" The doctor said sadly. Angela felt like everything was spinning and she collapsed as Mick caught her before she fell to the floor.

As the hospital staff found an empty room to lie Angela down the conversations began.
"We have to make a decision now or Carl is going die!" Josef said staring at everyone. While they all agreed, no one wanted to be the one to take Carl's life away from him, turning a strong ally into an immortal enemy.
"Angela just told me that Carl begged her never to turn him. As much as this hurts I think we should abide by his wishes" Mick said.
"When did he say that?" Beth asked.
"When Angela was just turned" Mick replied.
"Oh come on!" Josef said. "He was a mess when he found out about Angela, that's different than saving his life" He argued.
"This isn't saving his life Josef! It's taking his life!" Mick said.
"I think we should do it" Beth said quietly. Gabriel stood up and kneeled down in front of his mother.
"Mom, are you sure? We know you've known Carl longer than any of us, do you really think he would be okay with this decision?" Gabriel asked.
"I know that Carl would want to live for his family no matter what" Beth said looking at all of them. Mick turned around and shook his head. He had had this argument with Beth once before over Josh and he almost lost her. He wasn't going to have it again over someone else she loved. This would have to be her decision and she alone would bear the wrath.
"I need to speak with Angela" Beth said standing up and walking over to the room where they had placed Angela. She quietly opened the door and closed it behind her.

Josef walked over to Mick.
"Mick, this needs to happen. It should have happened a long time ago." He said placing his hand on Mick's shoulder.
"I know, I know....how are we going to deal with the situation if Carl hates what we've done?"
"Everyone hates it at first, but in time he will see the logic of it. They always do". Josef replied.

Beth walked over to the bed where Angela was and saw that she wasn't asleep anymore, but simply staring at the ceiling.
"Has it been decided?" She asked in a soft voice.
"Yes Angela it has. I'm going to turn my best friend and pray to God that he forgives us both" Beth said taking her hand in hers.
"Save my husband" Angela sobbed. Beth kissed her cheek and walked out. With a nod of her head Brian and Alma went with her to Carl's room.

"Okay....h..how do I do this...I mean" Beth stammered.
"You know that as Carl's sire you will be responsible for his training and teaching?" Brian said to her.
"You will be able to sense when he is in danger and you will be compelled to come to his aid" Alma said.
"Yes. I understand" Beth said.
"Very well. Let's begin" Brian said. Alma did a shadowing spell so they would not be seen by hospital staff and Brian walked her through the steps. When she placed her arm to Carl's mouth she saw his lips began to move as he drank her blood and when Brian said it was enough she pulled her arm away. Beth felt a strange sensation all throughout her body that she couldn't really explain.
"That is both your spirits connecting. Do not be afraid. You two are now friends for eternity" Alma said with a small smile. For she knew what Beth and Brian did not. Emma had told her a long time ago that Carl would be turned. And that Beth would be his sire.

Mick saw the look on Beth's face and knew that she was trying to come to terms with what she had just done.
"Are you okay babe?" Mick said wrapping his arms around her.
"I....don't know. I think I have a better understanding of your decision not to turn Josh. I hope I made the right choice. I don't want to lose Carl" She said. When they saw doctors and nurses rush into Carl's room with the crash cart, she knew she just killed her best friend.
"He'll be okay Beth" Josef said walking over to her.
Last edited by Ella713 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Carl's emergency room doctor approached Angela.
'Your husband died at 9:32 pm, but I won't be signing a death certificate for obvious reasons" he said looking around at all the vampires in the waiting room. "So.......I suppose he's in stable condition if that's what it's called. We've unhooked the IV and pain medication and no staff is allowed to enter the room. From here it's up to all of you to make sure he stays contained until he's able to be moved". He said walking away.
"Thank you" Angela said holding Josef's hand tightly.
"Get some rest" Josef said pointing to the room she had been in earlier. "We'll watch over him" he said leading her to the room.
"Lisa and I are going to pick up Jackson and Sylvia. Angela left the kids with her neighbor Barbara" Steve said.
"That's a good idea Steve. Thanks" Josef said as Steve and Lisa walked away. "Mick, I'm going to need you to get some retail from Guillermo. Carl's going to be a hungry boy when he comes to" Josef said.
"Josef, do you think we should call Gideon and Darrian?" Bridgett asked.
"They already know" Brian said overhearing the conversation. "Alma spoke to them during the night"
"Alright then. We need to be here in case Carl wakes up so we should feed in shifts. Katrina, Isabelle, Mick and Beth go first, Then Bridgett, Brian , Alma and myself will go next" Josef said. By noon the Officers had went back to their jobs and everyone else still waited.

Terrance had found Mick St. John's apartment quite easily. It's amazing what a vampire could find out from humans when their lives were on the line and they always spilled the beans. He laughed when they looked at him in surprise when he drained them anyways. "But I told you the truth!" They always screamed. As if that mattered! He broke the lock on the apartment door and looked all around. His friend certainly lived well. Not overly well like some vampires he had known, but well enough. He spied the massive record collection. All jazz and blues. Mick certainly hadn't changed his taste in music. He spied the wedding photo on a nearby table. And he was married, he thought with a smile. And children, but he didn't want to dwell on how Mick managed that being undead. But a wife. A beautiful young bride......he could do a lot with that. He thought licking his lips.

Mick felt something was wrong the moment he pulled into their garage.
"Look, I need to stop at the morgue and speak with Guillermo first okay?" He said turning the car around and exiting the garage, not wanting to upset Beth any more then she already was. He glanced quickly at her as she lay her head against the window of the car, her eyes far away in thought. Mick knew was she was feeling and it was same thing that went through most vamps mind when they tuned someone. The main thought is what if they think you didn't give them a choice? But in this circumstance it was clear that Carl didn't have a choice and as Josef had told him countless times, you have to stop hating who you are. The choice would be Carl's alone on how he wanted to handle this new life.

Carl slowly opened his eyes and saw that it was morning. He slowly turned his head and saw Angela sleeping on the bed next to him. He tried to speak but his throat felt so dry and sore. He sat up and saw the glass of tomato juice sitting on the tray in front of him. He really didn't like tomato juice but he quickly grabbed the glass and drank the entire contents down. He felt a little better. He looked at glass for a long time. Then looked all around. He was in a hospital room.
"Ang" He said in a loud whisper. She twisted around and ran to sit on Carl's bed. "What happened?" Carl asked knowing he wasn't going to like what she said. He saw the tear began to fall from Angela's beautiful eyes.
"A vampire attacked you and drained you to the point of death. You were admitted yesterday afternoon" She said.
"Was it Terrance?" He asked stoically.
"Everyone believes it is. All of the LAPD is searching for him as well as Isabelle and Katrina.....I...I thought I was going to lose you" Angela sobbed placing her head in both her hands. Carl stroked her hair.
"That wasn't tomato juice was it?" He said sadly. Angela didn't raise her head, not wanting to see the hurt in his eyes but she shook her head without looking at him. Carl laid his head back on pillow. He still felt like he was dying of thirst and from what he could remember Mick saying, he would need to drink more. "I think I need some more...jui....blood and quick" He said calmly. Angela ran to the waiting room where Josef and others were and signaled them in.

Guillermo looked up from the body he was working on when Mick and Beth came into the room.
"How's Carl?" He asked, hoping the detective was okay. Mick didn't say anything.
"I turned my friend" Beth said finally breaking down for the first time. Mick held her tightly while she sobbed and nodded to to Guillermo to let them have some privacy for a bit. Guillermo quickly covered the body he was working on and left the room. "It's alright honey. I know its a lot of take in" Mick said softly rubbing her back.
"He's going to hate me" She cried.
"No he won't" Mick said.
"You hated Coraline for turning you against your will" She said.
"Babe, this is entirely different. Carl was dying, I wasn't it....Carl will understand in time". Mick replied hoping with all hope that was true.

Josef poked his head into Carl's room.
"You decent?" Josef joked even though the smile never reached his eyes.
"Where's Mick?" Carl asked.
"He took Beth to feed. He'll be back soon. They were both here all night. They refused to leave" Josef said. "And don't worry about Jackson and Sylvia. Steve and Lisa went to pick them up from the babysitter and they're with your mom right now" Josef said.
"Thanks....so was it you or Mick who did this to me?" He asked sadly. Carl's eyes widened in shock.
"It wasn't Terrance was it?" He asked.
Josef shook his head."It was Beth" He said.
"Beth?" He asked in complete surprise, then realizing that Beth was truly his dearest friend he smiled.
"Why are you surprised? After what happened with Josh, she was finally able to save someone she loved and cared deeply for" Josef said. Carl nodded his head. He remembered the nights he and Beth stayed up crying and talking about Josh. His death had hurt them both deeply. "And if you really want to know, this wasn't an easy decision for her or Angela to come to. The doctor said you wouldn't make through the night......but look, now that you're all vamp all the time, you're going to help us end this Terrance guy for good! No jail, no stripping him of being a vamp. Just destruction!" Josef said with a sinister grin. Carl felt his fangs lengthen.
"Definitely" Carl said in anger.
Last edited by Ella713 on Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Mick and Beth made it back to the hospital anxious to know how Carl was doing.
"How is he?" Beth asked Josef as soon as she saw him.
"He wants to talk to you" Josef said laying his hand on her shoulder. Josef saw Mick moving to join his wife but Josef stopped him. "He just wants to see Beth right now" He said. Mick gave his wife a light kiss in support as she walked into the room not sure what she would be facing. She quietly walked in and saw Carl sitting up talking on his phone.
"Listen, I have go now, but I'll call you back" Carl said hanging up the phone. "Hi Beth" He said. Beth walked towards the bed.
"How are you feeling?" She asked, holding her head down not yet wanting to look at him.
"How do I feel? That's your question for me? How do I feel?" Carl said in a tone that Beth didn't understand. It wasn't anger or sadness.....just indifference. "Physically, I feel great....mentally....let's just say I'm trying to cope.....listen Beth, I want you to know that I'm not mad at you. From what the doctors told me, I would have been dead last night and I can't think of what that would have been like for Angela and the kids, so I don't want you to feel guilty or anything. You made the right decision, but I'm going to need some time process everything that's going on right now. So don't mistake that for anger or anything" Carl said trying hard to explain how he felt. Beth sat next to him and held his hand.
"You're my best friend Carl. We've been through so much together and when I got the news....it was ..." She said stopping to wipe her eyes.
"It was like Josh all over again" Carl finished for her. She nodded and continued to cry. Carl embraced her.
"Thank you Beth. Thank you for caring about me and my family" Carl said hugging her tightly.
"Uh...Carl....you're going to have to let me go before you crush me to death" She said.
"Oh! I'm sorry. I forgot.....newbie strength" Carl said with a grin. Beth got up and called Mick in. He could tell by the look in her eyes, that everything was going to be alright. Mick walked over to Carl and hugged him briefly before speaking.
"Anything. You hear me? Anything, anytime. Just call". Mick said.
"Thanks man. That means a lot". Carl replied.
"I brought you some refreshments" Mick said opening up his bag to show Carl the blood. Carl's eyes gleamed, but he stopped himself for a moment as if counting to 10.
"Yeah Mick. Thanks" he said although Mick could tell Carl was on the edge of his self control. Mick took out a bag and gave it to Carl. He quickly drank it down then Mick handed him another one before Carl begged off. "I never thought I would ever say this, but damn that was good!" Carl said laying back on the bed.
"So listen Carl, Beth and I want you to stay with us until you get your hunger under complete control. It's better for the kids this way. They're too young to handle seeing their dad in full on vamp mode". Mick said.
"You need to train me?" Carl asked.
"Yes we do" Beth said with a smile.

Terrance grew tired of waiting for Mick to return so he decided to go out on the town and have a little fun. Maybe leave Mick a little present at his door of things soon to come. he laughed out loud just thinking about it. This was going to be fun!!

Josef made sure that all mortals were not present as they relocated Carl. Katrina and Isabelle swept the surrounding area to make sure they were safe and unseen.
"I've secured a large suite at Kostan Towers for all of you" Josef said as Harold his driver started to drive off. Josef held up his hand. "I know what all of you are going to say, but Kostan Towers is the safest place for a newbie. Vampire tenants and Dragos and Alma close by. It doesn't get any more secure than that" he replied.
"Josef's right Mick. We'd also have the space for a complete training" Beth said.

And when Josef showed them up to the 3-bedroom suite Carl whistled.
"Damn Josef! This is incredible. How much is it to live here?" He asked laughing.
"For you, it's free rent" Josef said seriously. Carl quickly turned to look at them.
"No seriously?" Carl asked again.
"Carl, when I knew Beth would turn you, I had my maintenance team work on this suite for the sole purpose of reserving it for you and your family. And again, you are charged no rent" Josef said.
"Josef, you know as a Police Captain, I can't accept this....as freaking cool as this is, it would be considered a bribe". Carl said sadly.
"Then resign and work for me?" Josef said. "Hear me out. We've been having a ton of trouble with security. We had one guy who compromised safety for sex, we had a serial rapist/killer living here and a slew of other robberies and I need someone that I can trust and quite frankly, I don't trust anyone outside of the people in this apartment with me right now" Josef said. "You'll get a substantial pay, full benefits, free access to day care and kindergarten for the kids, plus access to vacation homes all over the world free to stay in, free college tuition for the kids at any university they want to attend and a company car....I think we up graded to Lexus this year...and..."
"Josef stop!" Carl said laughing. "I think that is more than enough" Carl replied.
"Look, all I'm trying to say is that, this is a whole new chapter in your life. Things are no longer the same. And if you still feel that policing bug creeping up on you, Mick I'm sure has an active caseload that he will need help on" Josef said with a smirk at Mick.
"Let me think about this okay? And talk to Angela" Carl said sitting on the large leather sofa thinking how amazing that this was being offered to him.

The next 72 hours Carl had learned quite a lot about being a vampire. He met with Julian and Brian and talked about vampire protocol in all matters, as well as vampire hierarchy and Counsel.
He and Beth worked on using their connection to alert each other on what was going on and when all was said in done, Carl was ready see his family again. Angela and the kids met him at the suite that may or may not be their new residence. When Carl opened the door, Jackson ran towards him.
"Daddy!!!" He screamed loudly. "You're all better!!" He said running into Carl's outstretched arms. Carl held his son tightly.
"Yeah, I'm all better" He said turning to look at his daughter who was still standing next to Angela, almost not willing to believe her dad was standing right in front of her, after what grandma had told them of him being attacked my a criminal. Sylvia looked at his face, neck and arms and not seeing any wounds, she ran to her daddy and jumped into his arms.
"I knew you'd be okay. I prayed really hard" She said sounding funny because of a couple of missing teeth.
"Thank you for praying for me sweetheart" He said holding her in his arms and inhaling her special scent that was pure innocence. "I see you're missing some teeth" He said smiling at her. She giggled.
"I was eating a pear and they came out, it was so funny!" She said laughing.

Mick and Beth finally made their way home.
"I don't know about you babe but I'm ready to hit the sack as soon as we hit the apartment" Mick said with sleepy smile.
"Me too" Beth said as Mick started to place the key in the door, he stopped. Someone had been in the apartment. Brian appeared next them and pushed them away from the door. He sped threw the apartment and raced back to them in the hallway.
"A vampire was here. He didn't go up stairs or enter any rooms, he just stayed in this main room here. He touched both pictures of Gabriel and myself and touched you and mom's wedding photo" Brian said.
"He has made a decision to destroy mom" Brian said frowning. "Sorry guys, but you can't stay here" He said grabbing their hands and taking them back to Kostan Towers. Josef turned around.
"I thought you guys were going home?" He asked.
"Their apartment's been compromised" Brian said. "Terrence was there sir"
"Looks like your taking the other suite that's down on the 57th fl." Josef said opening up a drawer and going through a lot of keys. finding the right one, he tossed them to Mick. "Stay as long as you need to" Josef said. Brian took them down to the suite and unlocked the door.
"Holy smokes!" Beth said. She looked all around the extremely large apartment that was very tastefully decorated. Huge Jacob Lawrence paintings of jazz clubs and an vintage inspired Jukebox in the corner. "This looks like it could be your apartment Mick!" She said noticing the color scheme even matched Mick's tastes.
"I think Josef is trying to tell us something" Mick muttered.

Brian went back to Josef's apartment.
"Sir, we need to talk" Brian said
"What is it" Josef replied.
"There are two dead women in mom and dad's apartment. I didn't tell them. I thought it would be better if I didn't" Brian said.
"Take me there" Josef said quickly calling Katrina and Isabelle for a clean up.

Josef groaned looking at the two females who had been savagely torn apart.
"How much time would you need for a relocation?" Josef asked Katrina.
"To have all of this moved to Kostan Towers? 5-6 hours" Katrina replied.
"Make it happen and I'll pay your triple" He said. "Brian go get your folks and take them to Si Argentina. Tell them its a surprise and its important" He said.
"Will do sir" Brian said taking off.
"Did Terrance do this?" Isabelle asked. At Josef's nod, she began to speak telepathically with her sister and Josef knew that Terrance Walters minutes were numbered.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Mick was a little tired but the minute they walked into the decadent restaurant and he smelled the flavors of smoked meat mingling with peppers and cumin, he was anxious to eat food. It had been awhile for he and Beth. He had heard that some vampires ate a little mortal food everyday, but he and Beth decided they would only do it for special occasions. Beth looked all around the exclusive restaurant in awe.
"Have you ever been here before?" She asked.
"No, I always wanted to but just couldn't justify spending $200 for a steak, I don't care how delicious it was"
"You're kidding. For a steak? That must be some steak" Beth laughed. They ordered their drinks and watched the flamenco dancers before they ordered their meal. Josef and Brian joined them short after the dancers left the floor.
"Okay Josef why this surprise dinner? Not that I'm going to refuse but what gives?" Mick said with a smile. Josef looked at Brian and nodded for him to take it from there.
"I found two dead women in your apartment. Terrence we know is responsible. Josef and I feel that you should take the suite at Kostan Towers permanently. I know you love your place but living separate makes you more vulnerable. Even Gabriel and Zoe have moved back for this reason. I for one would rest better knowing that you and mom were close by" Brian finished. Mick and Beth looked at each other seeing the reason for his argument and they would not resist.
"Okay. We'll get packing...." Mick began to say. "You already have people there don't you?" Mick asked.
"Isabelle and Katrina are taking this relocation on personally" Josef said.
"We have to end this Josef" Mick said forcefully.
"We will" Josef said. "Now I'm starving so lets have the most decadent meal we can afford?"
"What can't you afford Josef?" Beth asked with a smile.
"True" Josef quipped back.

Katrina, Isabelle and the other Cleaners had Mick and Beth's apartment cleared out quicker than they expected.
"Sister, do you think we should stay and see if Terrence shows up?" Isabelle asked.
"This Terrence is a very intelligent vampire. Vampires who have served their country are always quite cunning. I do not believe he will return here. Remember he is a friend of Mick's. He knows Mick's mind and how it works. He most likely knows that Mick has a family. He will start there" Katrina replied.
"He knows nothing of Dragos and the little one's true self, so if he is indeed trying to come up against them, this will be over with quite quickly, but if he continues spilling blood we will have to find him before mortals decide having vampires around are too much of a danger"

Terrence was in the Library doing research. Mick's wife Beth St. John was a very fascinating woman. A former internet reporter turned news anchor to press secretary for the President of the United States. What an ambitious woman. Beauty as well as brains. That was a rare combination he thought. She was beginning to become more tempting by the second, but he had to take care of the detective's wife and children, then this Beth St. John. And when Mick was all alone, he would finish this once and for all.

Terrence found the detective's residence. The lights were on even at this late hour so he quietly jumped to the roof where he saw an open window and very quietly made his way inside. He found himself in a empty room that smelled alarmingly like spoiled milk which meant he had children A smile began to spread on Terrence's face as he thought of the joy in killing this man's children!
"Ready or not, here I come children" He whispered to himself as he slowly opened the door peaking out carefully. He didn't hear anything. He closed his eyes and sniffed all around. He smelled vampires for sure. So the detective had vampires here visiting him......he ran at full speed through the house and found it completely empty. Nothing was left inside. He checked the garage and again found no trace of the detective or his family! In anger he hurried back to Mick St. John's and found that he too had vanished. How could that be? He sped through the apartment and everything was spotless as if no one had ever lived there....He screamed out in fury then ran off to plan his next move.

By the time Mick and Beth had made it back to Kostan Towers they found that all of their things had been relocated and arranged the same way it had.
"The Cleaners did all this?" Beth asked in surprise looking all around.
"They're very good at what they do" Mick said. "So what do you think? Are you going to be happy living here?" Mick asked placing his arms around her waist.
"I don't care where we are, as long as we're together" She said standing on tip toes to kiss his lips. Mick stopped suddenly and quietly moved to the surveillance monitor at the door and saw it was Carl.
"Hey, am I bothering you? Isabelle said you guys were moving in" He said.
"Yeah, come on in man" Mick said opening the door for him.
"Hey Beth" He said looking around. "Man they do good work!" He said with a chuckle.
"Did you need something Carl?" Beth asked. Carl shook his head.
"Can we talk?" He said nervously.
"Carl of course! have a seat" Beth said as Mick went to pour them all a drink. Mick passed the scotch around and sat next to Beth.
"I need to make a decision. A very hard decision. Josef has offered me a job handling his security team here but I love being a cop....but I know the Mayor and The Commissioner have mixed feeling about vampires......I mean...shit!! I don't know what I'm saying" Carl said taking a long sip of the drink loving the burning feeling at the back of his throat.
"We can't tell you what to do Carl, but I don't think the powers that be will ask you to resign. You do a damn good job for the city. Yeah they might be a little scared of you.. but I just can't see them firing you" Mick said.
"There are lots of ways to help people Carl. Being on the police force is just one of them" Beth said.
"What Josef is offering is unreal! I mean the salary alone he's offering is like Hollywood movie star kind of money! And that apartment!" He said shaking his head.
"That's Josef. That's how he rolls" Mick said with a laugh.
"I just don't know what to do for once. Being a cop is all I know" Carl said finally.
"What did Angela say?" Beth asked.
"She said that perhaps it was time to explore something else....she even joked about Mick and I opening our own Private Investigation firm" He laughed. He looked at Mick and Beth and saw that they weren't laughing at all. "Hey she was joking..." Carl began to say.
"I think Angela has given you the perfect idea" Mick said slowly taking in the possibility of having Carl as a partner. "Carl, I think you should really consider this" Mick said with smile.
"Seriously? Our own firm?" Carl asked, starting to think about it. He would still be helping people and he wouldn't have to worry about all the red tape that came with being a cop, thinking about how many perps had been cut loose over warrants and Miranda.......maybe this could work he thought to himself.
"What do you say Carl? You wanna start Mick St. John and Carl Davis Investigations?" Mick asked with a smile.
"That name stinks for a firm" Beth said frowning.
"We can work on that" Carl said.
"I've got it!" Beth said suddenly. "MAC Investigations" She said with a nod.
"MAC?" Mick asked.
"Mick and Carl" She replied with a smile.
"That works" Mick said with a wide smile.

Mick and Carl stayed up most of the night hammering out all the details they would need to start their own business. First, Carl would go down to the station and hand in his resignation, say his goodbyes and make sure things downtown were left in capable hands. His replacement would be Detective Paul Hernandez. A decorated Officer with many accolades from the Commissioner. Carl would wish him the best of luck and say a very heartfelt goodbye to the LAPD.
Last edited by Ella713 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Terrence was livid!! he could not find St. John or the Detective and his family. He sent someone into the police station to ask for him and they were told that Detective Davis had resigned and no one knew where he and his family had gone. And suddenly an idea came to him. An idea that would work for sure he thought smiling.

"So who is it you want found?" The gruff looking man said smoking a cigar and taking out a pen to write everything down. Terrence had researched Private Detectives and found one who stood out. Larry Gottlieb. A former officer as most were, he had a tough reputation for not taking any crap from anyone and being good with his fists.
"Two people who ran out on gambling debts to the tune of 100 thousand dollars".
"I hate people who do that. If you ain't got the cash don't play the game" He said. "Was it the ponies?" He asked.
"Nope. Poker, and let's just say my boss wants them found asap" He said.
"Consider it done" He said writing down all the information Terrence had. "My rate is $175 per day and that's a flat fee. I don't waste people's money with mileage and food and such just to beef up the pay. I'll find these losers as soon as possible" He said.
"Good. Here is a number where I can be reached at any time. Give me the address and my boss will take care of it" He said.
"You got it" Larry replied standing up to shake the guy's hand. "48 hours" He said confidently.

Mick and Carl looked all around the plush office space Josef had given them on the ground floor of Kostan Towers.
"This is great!" Carl said hardly believing that this was really happening.
"I really like the security of the place. This is going to work out very well" Mick said nodding his head.
"We'll need to hire a receptionist and a couple of secretaries" Mick said.
"They're called Administrative Assistants now" Carl said with a chuckle. "Nobody says Secretary anymore"
"Whatever. Let's work on an add. They have to sign a confidentiality agreement and undergo a background check" He said.
"And submit to a drug test. Trust me. you have to nowadays" Carl replied. "And make it gender neutral, so we get some male applicants as well"
"Geez, employment has gotten a lot more difficult" Mick said writing everything down.
"You don't know the half of it" Carl joked.

The first thing Larry did was research. He pulled up everything he could find on the guys. Turns out one of them was a cop. That information wasn't shared with him and he didn't understand why. Maybe this guy knew about his background with the police force and thought he wouldn't take the job if he knew, but a dirty cop was a dirty cop and they were the most dangerous guys of them all. Every resource at their disposal to set you up or have crook waste you to save his own ass. In a lot of ways the police could be more criminal than criminals. But looking at this Carl Davis, he looked like an alright guy. Maybe he would just be straight with guy without any punches. Just tell him to pay the money back.
Now the other guy had next to no history. Seems he worked currently as a P.I. He could find no record of him being born, but that didn't matter. This was Los Angeles. People reinvented themselves here all the time. Mick St. John with no history could be really John Smith with a rap sheet as long as his arm. He stared at Mick's photo then snorted. Pretty boys always thought they could get away with whatever they wanted. Now him, he'd punch in the face a couple of times just to get his point across....but all he was to do was hand over an address. Clients sometimes took all the fun out of job!

"So, tell me the truth Angela. You really don't mind Carl giving up the police force"? Beth asked.
"Not really. I mean you always worry, but that comes with the job. But the thing about police work that really bothered me was what it did to Carl. When your job is to deal with the worst that mankind can dish out, it changes you. You're always on high alert. Even at home. I think this will be good for Carl, plus he and Mick make a great team!" She said with a smile.
"That they do" Beth said.

Larry pulled up slowly to the large high-rise. He whistled to himself watching the suits walk out of the building. There was no way in hell a cop could afford to live here, even if he was a Captain. The force paid well, but not this well and certainly not on an officer's pension. Looks like the cop and his friend were indeed dirty, he thought pulling out his mobile phone to let his client know that they had been found. Terrence was ecstatic when he received the call. Now that he had the address, it was time to prepare!

Alma knew Terrence was preparing so she began to make preparations of her own. She went to both Mick and Carl's apartments and moved Beth and Angela to Darrian's apartment.
"Come!" Darrian's voice called out as the door opened on it's own. "Well, this is a treat! Finally I meet the Detective's wife who was once one of the damned" Darrian said clapping her hands. "Sit" She said pointing to the sofa
"How are you Darrian? Adjusting to married life?" Beth joked.
"Married life, non-married life, it is all the same" She said dismissively. Angela stared at the strange woman and wondered who she was to everyone. "How is your husband enjoying his new life?" Darrian asked.
"Uh.....I don't think he's had a lot of time to process it all" Angela said carefully.
"I brought them...." Alma said but Darrian waved her away.
"I know why they are here!" She said sharply. "That horrid man comes for all who Mick loves. I must say whether it be the Boy King and his women or Mick and his goodness and that face, trouble follows those two like nothing I have ever seen in all my years" She laughed, standing up from her settee and walking all around her apartment, touching the doors and windows. Then she walked in front of Beth and Angela quickly using her nails to make a small cut on their foreheads.
"Ouch!!" Beth winced. "Are you going to tell us what that is all about?" She asked with a frown.
"Why must you know all like you are the Father above?" She said chuckling. "Trust as Alma does. She learned from the old woman that too much knowledge is often very dangerous" Darrian said with a smile but saw that Beth was still frowning. "Oh, very well! I am marking you both. The vampire will be unable to harm to. More than that, then mere thought of causing harm to both of you will result in excruciating pain. Are you satisfied?" Darrian said placing her hands on her hips. Beth slowly shook her head and touched the area where she was marked and felt nothing. She looked at her fingertips and saw no blood. "Your radiant skin is unblemished. Drinks!!" Darrian called out and bottles of champagne were produced. "Let's drink to your husband's success. Quite a delightful idea them working together in this new business venture." She said filling all the glasses and swallowing hers in one gulp.
"Where is your husband?" Alma asked noticing that Gideon was not around.
"Now that we are wed, he now has his will to do things that must be done." Darrian replied with what seemed to be a sigh of relief.
"I can't imagine" Alma said shaking her head laughing.
" It is tedious to be adored to the point of obsession" Darrian replied. They all turned when there was a knock on the door. "Beth would you be a dear one and find out who calls on me?" Darrian asked pouring another glass of champagne for them. Beth shrugged and walked towards the door.
"May I help you?" Beth asked looking at the handsome man with questioning eyes. Terrence stared hard at the woman. This was Mick St. John's wife!!
"Come in stranger!" Darrian called as Beth stepped aside allowing the strange man inside.
"May we help you? What is it that you want?" Darrian asked. Terrence looked all around the apartment filled to the brim with antiques of varying time periods. He looked at the beautiful woman sitting on the sofa with the soft caramel skin coloring. Ahhh! This must be the detective's wife! What luck that he would find them here. Oh the things he would do to them he thought as he got deep stabbing pains all over his body. He screamed out loudly and clutched his sides, falling to his knees.

Beth walked over to him and leaned down.
"Why are you coming against Mick? What for? Because he stopped you from killing innocent people and desecrating war memorials? What the hell gave you the right?" She said in anger. "And what of her husband?" She yelled pointing at Angela "He was just doing his job as a police officer!" She continued.
Terrence wanted to jump up and drain this little bitch but the more he thought about it the more pain he was in. He rolled on the Persian rug in agony. Suddenly the door bust open and Mick and Carl were standing in the doorway.
"Terrence what the hell man?" Mick said shaking his head sadly. Terrence said nothing as he kept wishing for the pain to stop so he could jump to his feet and........ he fell back down to the carpet with a thud.
"What the hell did those bitches do to me?!"" He screamed.
"Watch the way you talk about them!" Carl said in anger baring his fangs.

"As much as I find this enjoyable, again I tell you, you must clean your house! And by clean, I mean terminate those who wish to harm you, no jail time. Honestly, I thought I was clear the many times I spoke those words before. Do you really think vampires are to model after mortals? That life is no more for you. You and others in your tribe must do what needs to be done, no matter how much it pains them!" She said sternly. "Letting him exist is to guarantee that you will be in this exact spot again! The same goes for those vile gypsy heathens as well!"
"Mick St. John won't kill me! Not after all we've been through together, all the things we've seen!" Terrence said slowly sitting up. "He had a hard time killing in the war, even when the enemy was right on top of us! Isn't that right Micky? What was it you used to say to the boys?" Terrence asked getting to his knees slowly.
"I said that even when it’s needed killing should be a last option" Mick said remembering exactly the words he had spoken.
“Mick St. John always has to be good guy, you know frankly, I don’t know how you’ve lasted as long as you have being a vampire with those kind of morals….oh, I’m sorry, did I just spill the beans to your wives? That’s right, did you know you’re married to dead men? I bet Mick just couldn’t bring himself to break your little heart” He laughed almost standing up ready to pounce on the two wives. Terrence licked his lips in readiness. Carl sped towards him and grabbed his neck holding it in a very tight grip. Terrence fiercely struggled trying to break free but the detective’s grasp was stronger than he had ever felt before. Carl gave his head a hard turn and when he heard the snap he jumped on top of the body and tore his neck apart, before Mick and Beth both pulled him off.
“That was my last option you prick!!” Carl said kicking the body in disgust.
“Very good detective. You will make an excellent vampire” Darrian said nodding at him. “Be gone” She said with a wave of her hand and Terrence’s body was gone. “You can learn a few things from your friend Mick St. John. Not everyone can be saved, nor do they deserve to be. You need to stop hating who you are and do what must be done.” She finished sipping her drink.
“Josef said the same thing” Mick said. Darrian frowned, hating to hear that Josef had said that very thing.
“As much as much as it pains me to say this, the boy king is correct” She said under her breath.
“My ears are deceiving me! Did I just hear you say Josef was correct? I can’t wait to tell him that!” Alma said laughing.
“YOU will do no such thing!!!!” Darrian roared. But Alma continued to laugh.

“And he’s been gone for over two weeks and no one has heard from him. I know this is a missing persons kind of thing and we should have gone to the police……but I thought going this route would be better” The man said nervously looking at them both.
“And all you found was his mobile phone?” Carl asked, thinking that Logan could find loads of information with just one phone. The man nodded.
“Is there anything you can do? We just want Paul found” He said sadly.
“Trust me. We’ll find your brother. Just leave it to us” Mick said confidently looking at Carl with a smile.

The End

Return to “Ella713's Office”