'Doctor Who': is Sophia Myles the new companion?

Locked Sophia threads are here.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

HOT OFF THE PRESSES!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... anion.html

By Jenna Busch

January 13, 2012 7:52 PM ET
Follow @jennabusch on TwitterTwitter
Sophia-Myles.jpg"Doctor Who" show runner Steven Moffat just tweeted something that set the Whovians all atwitter. He may have just revealed the identity of the newest companion. Fans of "Doctor Who" are still in mourning for the departure of companions Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) and Rory (Arthur Darvill) but a fan favorite might be joining the cast.

Now, we're not sure if this is the way to interpret the tweet from @steven_moffat, but judge for yourself.

Right EVERYBODY who follows me, go and follow @SophiaMyles - spin that fireplace. NOW. I'll explain later. Or not.

Sophia Myles tweeted back: "Watch this (fire)place," and "The plot thickens..."

If you recall, Myles played Mme. Pompadour in "The Girl in the Fireplace," which is widely touted as one of the show's best episodes. (We'd also add "The Doctor's Wife" in there.) While we'd love to see her back, we're not sure the famous character would be a full companion. We'd love to hear your thoughts. Give us a shout and tell us what you think.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/the-girl-in-th ... -30032.htm

The Girl in the Fireplace Returning?
January 13th, 2012

Another day, another Doctor Who rumour from the Daily Star. This time they are reporting that The Girl in the Fireplace herself, Sophia Myles, is being lined up for next companion.

This seems to be based on a solitary tweet from Steven Moffat. Earlier in the week, Moffat encouraged everyone to follow the actress saying: “Right EVERY­BODY who follows me, go and follow @SophiaMyles – spin that fireplace. NOW.”

Adding: “I’ll explain later. Or not.”

It’s hardly conclusive. But then Myles began dropping possible hints of her own responding: “Watch this (fire)place,” she said. “The plot thickens…”

While we don’t think Myles is going to be the companion, could a timey wimey return for Madame De Pompadour be on the cards?
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: 'Doctor Who': is Sophia Myles the new companion?

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

that would be absolutely fascinating to see.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

As for me, I couldn't be more in favor of Sophia playing the newest Companion. She would RAWK that role!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This would probably make me hunt down the episodes.
She tweeted that she's not at liberty to say, but the hints are great already.
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

I love this idea, she was wonderful when she and David acted together, I just love that episode. I know they were together at that time but if you got it flaunt it IMO.

I'm not however a fan of the current doctor Matt Smith but I would watch again if Sophie was in it, got to support our gal
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

That is interesting. :bulb:

I LOVE Matt Smith's Doctor and I'm really going to miss Amy Pond. Their connection with each other is wonderful. :hankie: I could get over that loss with Sophia on Doctor Who. I follow them both but I shall have to keep a closer eye on both Steven and Sophia's tweets because I missed all that hype. :winky:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

As I said on Sophia's tweet thread as some of the tweeting was going on, Sophia would make a great companion.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Haven't seen a Dr. Who episode since David Tennant was the Dr.

We don't always get it here but I did see Sophia in the Girl in the Fireplace and she was amazing.

She would be a wonderful addition to the story, expecially if there is a new actor playing the Dr. now. Would she remember the other one and have trouble associating them?

Great rumor. Hope its true!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Seems to me (and I'm no Dr. Who expert!) that it would be better to bring her in as a new character--who maybe happened to LOOK like the character from that one ep.
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

I think it would be a new character. Her original character, Madame Pompadour died in the original one. I doubt they would want to rewrite all that
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Besides, that franchise (and the Torchwood one) have re-used actors before... so it would be a continuation of the tradition. :winky:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

SharonC wrote:I think it would be a new character. Her original character, Madame Pompadour died in the original one. I doubt they would want to rewrite all that
Because of the time angle in Doctor Who, death seems to be relative. :snicker:

The way it could be done is that while Madame Pompador was waiting for Doctor 10 to come back, Doctor 11 showed up. She went off as his companion for several years and he deposited her back in time on the very next day. No one (including Doctor 10) would be any the wiser if she didn't speak about it.

Return to “The Sophia Archives”