Keepsake Book for Sophia

Locked Sophia threads are here.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Keepsake Book for Sophia

Post by allegrita »

Hi everyone, I wanted to share this note from Rueben, who as some of you may know, gathered together wonderful fan keepsake books for all of the main cast members of Moonlight. She finally got Sophia's book delivered to her management in London (see below).

Posted at VLF and reposted here with Rueben's permission.
Hey All,

I know it's been quite awhile since I've posted anything about the keepsake books; but that's because there hasn't been any activity on the project for quite some time nor any contact made to me by the recipients until today that is...

It's a long story, but it was necessary for me to hold onto Sophia's book longer than anticipated because I was directed not to send mail or gifts to her LA management group, as she wasn't receiving that mail. I was told to get it to her London management instead. But when I was getting ready to have it shipped to her, I learned that two members of the SoCal Freshies would be going to London this month to attend a convention and they would be able to hand-deliver the book to her management office.

That took place late last week and then this morning I get a call from Sophia herself thanking me and everyone involved in the book. She LOVES it!!

She was extremely sweet and we had a nice, albeit short, conversation; but she seemed genuinely moved by all the work involved in the book and appreciative to everyone. I was floored by getting the call too.

I'm on cloud nine from the call.

PS: If anyone of you out there would like to pass this onto the other ML groups, Sophia fans, please do so. Thanks!
coco
Cleaner

Re: Keepsake Book for Sophia

Post by coco »

Oh! I'm so pleased she got it and contacted Rueben about it. We talked about the book being delivered at the Con last weekend and there was such excitement about having finally delivered it to her management. :yahoo:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Refresh my memory, what is contained in the keepsake books, exactly?
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

YAY!! Sophia got the book!!! How wonderful of her to call Rueben to say thank you to her and all involved in making the book. I just LOVE her. :teeth:
*Christy*

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

She was really sweet to call Rueben. And I'm sure she was touched by the gift.

I guess there's still been no word regarding her "secret" new job??
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

wpgrace wrote:She was really sweet to call Rueben. And I'm sure she was touched by the gift.

I guess there's still been no word regarding her "secret" new job??
Other than it's 'in production' and her character is TBA - see the description at sophiamyles.org

Interesting that it's currently in production.....now of all times
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
lynnrxgal
Fledgling

Post by lynnrxgal »

Tomorrow (3/18) is her birthday. Happy Day, Sophia-girl! And Thank You, Reuben, for all your hard work with the Memory Books!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

That is wonderful!!!! So much work went into those books I'm glad she got it and so close to her birthday.
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

If Sophia's new gig is currently in production, I guess it's a fair assumption it's not anything Moonlight related. Please don't throw tomatoes.!!! :rolling: Admit it, you wondered for a teeny second there, didn't you all? Or wishful daydreaming maybe?

Sorry OT there. Yes, she's a sweetheart for acknowledging the gift.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Sophia was extremely sweet to call Reuben herself about the book. While I didn't contribute any material, I knew about the books from one of the other boards, and while other members of the cast received them, I don't think Reuben ever heard from anyone else. Edited to add - I just learned from Reuben that for various reasons involving management changes, etc. Alex hasn't yet received his book. Reuben still has it in safekeeping.

As I recall, two years ago we were told by the person (who shall remain nameless) in charge of Moonlightline that Sophia had called her either to thank us for birthday flowers we had sent and/ or Sophia may have also called after the Paley event to say she was sorry about not being able to stay and sign autographs. In terms of the cast members, it seemed that it was Sophia who had made herself most available. Not sure if the reason was being a female or if she was simply extra polite because she was English. Whatever, it seemed at the time she really appreciated the fans of Moonlight. I remember that she said something at Paley (this was when we all thought there would be a second season) that for her Moonlight was like "finding the golden ticket in a Willy Wonka bar." Or something like that. I hope she does well in her next venture.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.

Return to “The Sophia Archives”