Buddha's Little Finger - not likely for Sophia (4/6)

Locked Sophia threads are here.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Buddha's Little Finger - not likely for Sophia (4/6)

Post by Lilly »

Sophia has a new movie currently in production titled "Buddha's Little Finger."

According to IMDBPro, the film is "A surreal look at Russia during the revolutionary 1990s. Based on the novel "The Clay Machine Gun" by Victor Pelevin."

She is slated to play Anna. The film also stars Rupert Friend as Pyotr.

The synopsis given is: The bohemian small time gangster Pyotr Voyd is a mystery to himself. Captured by the KGB in the midst of the 1991 military coup in Russia, he has lost his memory. While the KGB are violently trying to get out of him the whereabouts of a secret weapon, he dreams himself into revolutionary Russia in 1919, where he joins real-life Red Army hero Vasily Chapayev and his sidekick machine gunner Anna. Back in 1991, he starts to slowly remember his metamorphosis from penniless poet into a gangster in present day Moscow and how all this is intrinsically linked to the fact that he is in the hands of the KGB.

Filming locations are currently listed as Germany and Russia.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: New movie for Sophia: Buddha's Little Finger

Post by wpgrace »

Sounds like something verrry different... but she can do it... :thumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Sounds intriguing. :juggle:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Mia
Mortal

Post by Mia »

This movie is not happening - at least not with Sophia. Sophia attached her name to the project early 2007, before Moonlight. She never signed anything. The project fell through as finances couldn't get secured and a bit later Sophia accepted the part of Beth Turner. This is one persistent rumour but sadly there hasn't been any truth to it in a looong time.
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Yup, its true. The rumor is refuted on AbsolutelySophiaMyles.com. Apparently, Sophia is not doing anything at the moment. IMdB and a few other sites need to update their information.

This is what is said over on AbsolutelySophiaMyles.com:

"Various places have reported that Sophia Myles is busy shooting a new movie called ‘Buddha’s Little Finger‘. That is not true. The film never got the greenlight as long as Sophia was attached (which was months before she got the part in ‘Moonlight‘). Should it really be in production now - as the IMDb is reporting - it is without Sophia."
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

According to IMDbPro, the status of the film is "In Production" with this message attached:

IN PRODUCTION
The status was last updated on 12 February 2009.
Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change or could be removed completely.

That's all I've got. Sounds like their last update was incomplete.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

I know what you mean, Lilly. I thought the same thing. But I know that Sophia is on very friendly terms with the lady that runs AbsolutelySophiaMyles.com and that she calls her and does intereviews where she answers fan-submitted questions. I believe they just did an interview this past January. So if this site is saying its not true, I'm willing to believe it. She would have not posted that info unless she had confirmed it with Sophia. And we all know how notorious IMdB is sometimes with the accuracy of its information. Ultimately, I guess, we'll all know soon enough! :snicker:
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Buddha's Little Finger - not likely for Sophia (4/6)

Post by Lilly »

I've updated the title of this thread to reflect current information. I'm going to leave it in place, though, in case anyone else is confused about the rumors/status.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
news
Fledgling

Re: Buddha's Little Finger - not likely for Sophia (4/6)

Post by news »

Thanks so much Lilly for the update. I'll be watching out for whatever projects Sophia decides to pursue. She's one of my favorite thespians.

Return to “The Sophia Archives”