Beth's Disaster (Chp. 1) PG

A place for MickBethKiss' G to PG-13 stories
MickBethKiss
Mortal

Beth's Disaster (Chp. 1) PG

Post by MickBethKiss »

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Title: Beth's Disaster
Rating: PG
Author's Note: Me and somebody I know(who's not on any Moonlight sites)came up with this during a random conversation. I know other ppls probably came up with this on there own, but here's my version. :ysmile: It's rated PG because... I guess you'll find out, I don't really know how to explain.

Chapter One
How Beth got into this position, she had no idea. Just the previous day her head had been free of the dark memories of would-have-been fiancé, happy with Mick, having another dinner with him, but now somehow she’s sitting in the bathroom with the little white stick, sobbing with her head between her legs.

If Josh was still alive, and all her heart was his, she would have been happy. Not now, in the situation she’s in, no. How it’s possible she came to acquire the little, inoffensive white stick, she didn’t think it should be possible, but here Beth is.

Beth dropped the stick on the floor, unable to move. Beth felt weaker than she had been when she was only four years old and the scary lady took her. Beth never would be able to think of her any other way.

Beth should have called Mick a long time ago, before she had gotten herself in this impossible situation, and she would be at Mick’s apartment, or a restaurant, anywhere but this now dreadful place. She never wanted to see this apartment again. She wanted to get away, but Beth was too tired.

In a few minutes, or hours, depending on what he was doing, Mick would call, and then when Beth doesn’t answer, he would be knocking on the door. When she wouldn’t answer the door, he would come in and find her on the bathroom floor, crying, hopefully her sobs would subside by then, otherwise, he probably wouldn’t even knock, just come straight in. Mick cared too much for Beth for his own good. Mick loves her enough for a thousand people.

Beth sat there for a half-an-hour before she got the call she knew she would get. Beth couldn’t get up off the floor to get it, Beth knew that, so she didn’t try. Only eight minutes later (she counted) Mick knocked, because Beth had stopped sobbing. Just a few sniffles. When Beth didn’t answer the door, since Mick could hear her, he burst in. Mick just used his sense of smell and hearing to find Beth, he didn’t need to run throughout the whole apartment.

“Beth!” Mick rushed to her and was sitting by her side in only a few seconds. Mick rubbed Beth’s knee. The friction warmed her freezing body even through her jeans. Mick’s touch soothed her, and Beth rested her head against his shoulder.

“What’s wrong?” Mick asked. But he quickly noticed the little white stick on the ground.

“Oh…” Beth started to sob into his shoulder again.

“Shh, shh, it’s fine. Everything is going to be all right…” Mick tried to sooth her, and started rubbing her shoulder. He finally pulled her into a hug.

“No… It’s not all right…” Beth moaned into Mick’s chest. Beth looked up at Mick’s face. Mick looked down at her, still trying to sympathize.

“I don’t love him anymore. Well, I guess he will always be a part of me, but I’m with you now, so I can’t..!” Beth started to cry again, burying her face back into Mick’s chest. Mick kissed her hair. For a split second he realized how un-Mick-like he was being right now. Mick knew Beth needed it, though. Right there, Mick decided to be more… Un-Mick-like… When needed.

Mick and Beth sat there on the bathroom floor, hugging, for a while.
Last edited by MickBethKiss on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
maggatha3
Ancient

Re: Beth's Disaster (Chp. 1) PG

Post by maggatha3 »

So, Beth is pregnant with Josh's baby?..She does not seem to get it very positively, in fact, she seems to be out of herself , like floating around in the room and regarding the scene from somewhere above.. Wonder if Mick is gonna save the day...the title is a bit alarming though..
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This was always a possibility after Beth's short reunion with Josh. I really hope Mick steps in to take care of her and the baby. He would be a wonderful father and this could give him the family he has always wanted.

After all, family isn't just about DNA

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

Oh gosh, MBK! Sure looks like Beth is none too happy to have discovered "the news". :hankie:

Maybe when Beth gets over the shock, she and Mick can talk about what this means for them. :comfort2:

ITA with Jenna ..
Jen wrote:After all, family isn't just about DNA.
-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

jen wrote:This was always a possibility after Beth's short reunion with Josh. I really hope Mick steps in to take care of her and the baby. He would be a wonderful father and this could give him the family he has always wanted.

After all, family isn't just about DNA

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
I concur-
mick was a standup guy in love with Beth. Knowing his situation this was as close as he could get to having a family.....and it would keep Beth human which is what he wanted all along....
Great presentation of a dicey situation-
MickBethKiss
Mortal

Post by MickBethKiss »

maggatha3, Yep! No, she isn't very happy at all. Yeah, quite a lot. Let's hope he does! I guess it is!! :eek2:
jen, Yeah, deffinetly. He should. Beth needs him desperatly! And, yes of course, Mick would hopefully be happy, finally lifted of the burden he's had to carry too long.
Of course not. :D
Moonlitrose, Nope! She's kinda heartbroken... Yeah! :ysmile: So do I. :)
Lucy, Yes, ITA he was. And thank you! :P
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I like the idea and the way you portray her confusion and dread. Now I want to know how they will handle this situation in your world. I'm patiently waiting for your muse to give you more. :hug:

Return to “MickBethKiss' Office”