Four years since "Because I love you."

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Four years since "Because I love you."

Post by cassysj »

Alle this is beautiful. It is so hard to believe that was four years ago. I had just found the first message boards a few days before Comiccon in April. I was worried the community would disappear, I've been thru that before. There have been a lot of changes but I still love Moonlight just as much as I did back then. I have opened up in a personal way like I never have before. I've been a lurker in many communities but never a participant. Five years ago you never would have known I existed on a board like this. All day long I've been thinking that May 16th meant something, trying to figure out birthday, anniversary etc. Now I remember. :heart:
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Thanks Alle...my life has never been the same after Moonlight. You captured that last day so well. I cried for days after the cancellation and endured the rawness of knowing the last episode was the last we would see of our beloved Moonlight. But thanks to devoted fans and a site like this one.....Moonlight lives on through imaginative "what if" stories from the talented writers gathered here.
I myself am not a writer but I'm grateful for the shared talents of those who keep Moonlight alive and thriving for those of us who love it so...and still do. :hearts: :heart:

I can't thank Y'all enough...so I'll simply say THANK YOU...With all my heart! :heart: :hug:
fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

:hearts: :heart: :hearts: :heart: :hearts: :heart:
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:heart: :ghug: :hearts: :ghug: :heart:
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

I can't improve on what everyone else has said....We will always have each other...and the magic of Moonlight.. :rose: :rose: :rose: Thanks Alle...
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

It is not four years for me today, I first watched Moonlight in August 2010. But it has changed my life in hundreds lovely,amazing and totally unexpected ways...and for me it has not been a sad day at all. :hearts: When that door closed, I had no idea it was the end of the road for the series. As most of you know, it aired within three weeks daily here and that night I was''...OMG, now it all begins!'' :heart:

And the next night...nothing! :no: :dizzy: After that , I got to learn about youtube , I found ML videos, where it was mentioned in the comments that there was no Season 2 :gasp: . I also realised there were people who were still fascinated by Moonlight, made videos about it after all that time. I found Alex's other work..And after all that, my journey led me to an amazing video of our very own Shadow, and she showed me the way here :hearts:

Since day one here, I have felt that Moonlight lives on. But moonlightaholics.com, as I soon found out, is a lot more than just Moonlight - and I don't only mean Alex stuff..it is a wonderful home! I don't know your faces, I don't know your names even, but you are such a part of my life that I sometimes hear or think something and then I think..hey, that is something *one of you* would say!! Sharing happy moments and sad ones, enjoying eachothers company and talents, it is just so special! :heart: Did I mention I love it here? I don't even care if that door in Sonata closed and left us out...cause it just didn't!

Thankful for Moonlight! :cloud9:
Thankful for moonlightaholics.com :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh my goodness, I'm all teary! I love everything you said, Maggatha. Moonlight inspired an amazing upwelling of talent. It has led many of us to try new creative endeavors they would never have thought to try on their own. It has reawakened a love of new music in many of us. It has made us avid readers and commenters, and expanded our literary horizons in many ways (both fanfic and otherwise). It has made artists of people who had no idea they could be artists. It has encouraged many of us to try new technologies. It has opened us up to the world, encouraged the shy to speak up, and helped us believe that anything we can dream of is possible.

But above all, Moonlight has brought together a community of people all over the world. And, to me, that's the best legacy of all.
VampFan5
Rogue vampire

Post by VampFan5 »

I can't believe it's been four years and I'm still so in love with ML. This show changed my life for the better. :hearts:

Julia :yahoo:
Travis and the Tar Pit Tails.....a story by VampFan5

Return to “Moonlight Celebrations”