Moonlight's 11th anniversary--September 28, 2018

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Moonlight's 11th anniversary--September 28, 2018

Post by allegrita »

I've always liked the number 11. It was the easiest number to learn to multiply by, way back when I was a kid. And it's a very important roll in the game of craps. It just feels special. (I bet vampires like the number 11, too.) So I'm kind of happy (as well as amazed) that this is the eleventh anniversary of the debut of Moonlight. It seems impossible that so much time has passed since we met those amazing characters, but there you go. We're all eleven years older. (Except the vamps.) :winky:

On this special anniversary, I like to stop and think about all the magical things that had to go just right (and very nearly didn't) for our show to happen. All the creative people who made the perfect atmosphere of noir/high-tech/fashionable/offbeat that made Los Angeles such a believable home for a secret society of vamps who move among us. :heart: So I'd like to thank them, though they've all gone on to other things. Not just the actors, but the writers, musicians, crew, actors, costumers, and other wizards who created the world we still love so much, eleven years later, that we're still hanging out here in this forum. :ghug:

And thank you, dear Moonlightaholics, for sharing the Moonlight love with me. :ghug: It's so nice to have people who don't think I'm a total lunatic for still being obsessed (though in a much less intense way, thank goodness) with a long-gone TV show. I really do appreciate you all, and I am grateful to all of you for continuing to pop in here. :flowers:

Happy eleventh anniversary, Moonlight! :heart: :celebrate: :rose:
kath40
Cleaner

Re: Moonlight's 11th anniversary--September 28, 2018

Post by kath40 »

:ghug: :heart: :ghug:

HAPPY 11th ANNIVERSARY MOONLIGHT!
allegrita wrote: We're all eleven years older. (Except the vamps.) :winky:
Yeah we're 11 years older, but wouldn't our undead, forever young Vamps be eleven years STINKIER? (too each other) :dracula: :snicker: :rolling:

:snicker: I'm in a goofy playful mood tonight. :kiss:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh my gosh, you're right Kath! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Yes, yes, yes to everything you said, Allegrita. And a special :thanks: to YOU for still having this happy Moonlight place for us to hang out in. :flowers: :ghug:

:mooncat: :dracula:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
LoveBite
Kostan Industries intern

Post by LoveBite »

Yay, happy 11th anniversary dear Moonlight!

Such special memories to hold on to. Forever.

:mooncat:
Carol
~LoveBite
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

Darn! I was otherwise occupied on the 28th - Happy 11th Anniversary Moonlight! Thank you for the memories & the wonderful new friends.

:)

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

11 years? Holy smokes! Somehow it doesn't seem that long ago. Happy Anniversary Moonlight! You touched us all in many different ways!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

I'm a little late, but happy eleventh Moonlight anniversary anyway! It's so wonderful that we still have this place to come back to. I've not been able to post much lately, but it's such a treasure just to be able to come by and look at what's here after a long hard day at work. It is sure hard to believe that it has been eleven years. (Seems like it was just a few days ago that I got an email from a friend recommending this new show called "Moonlight" .... ) This last year seems to have gone by particularly quickly! But maybe it just seems that way because I posted my tenth-anniversary video so late. ;) I got too busy a while back to keep going with the Moonlight episode re-watch, but I'm hoping to get back into that soon as well!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Shadow, I have been thinking about that as well! My year totally got away from me, what with breaking my arm and dealing with family issues--and lots of traveling. I would love to get back into rewatching. :yes:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Wow. Eleven years. I can't believe it. Has it really been that long? In that first year I was so obsessed with this show and its fandom that I would get home after work and spend hours at the computer chatting and reading fanfic. I'm so grateful to you, Alle, and the other mods for keeping this special place open. This place really needs a medal from some fandom source for the length of time its been around compared to the duration of the source material.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:Wow. Eleven years. I can't believe it. Has it really been that long? In that first year I was so obsessed with this show and its fandom that I would get home after work and spend hours at the computer chatting and reading fanfic. I'm so grateful to you, Alle, and the other mods for keeping this special place open. This place really needs a medal from some fandom source for the length of time its been around compared to the duration of the source material.
Hear Hear!! :twothumbs:

Return to “Moonlight's Eleventh Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2018”