Tenth anniversary of Sonata - May 16, 2018

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Tenth anniversary of Sonata - May 16, 2018

Post by allegrita »

I just realized that I missed the 10th anniversary of Sonata. It was yesterday. Maybe it's the jet lag, maybe I was just too busy doing laundry and unpacking and getting settled in after our trip. But damn, I'm sorry I didn't realize it yesterday. :Mickangel:

I was chatting online with choccyterri when it hit me. I was so mad at myself! But she said something that really resonated with me, and with her permission, I'm quoting it here:
Shall I tell you what honey..? I know that anniversaries are important... but I think that the fact that Moonlight is still part of everyone's lives, whether it's a song making us smile, or a sighting of an actor in something else, It still touches us every day. :heart:

And there are only some of us who knew it, and still remember how amazing it was, and can get excited about it. Like when you, and Dawn and I were talking about it at dinner the other week. It still fires us. :blinksmile:

I think that is just as important to mark. :blinksmile:
Thank you, my friend, for reminding me of that important thing. It's like Mick said to Beth at the end of the episode:
This isn’t about being a vampire, or a human. This is about us. And how we feel about one another, right here, right now.

This community was built as the result of a shared love of a wonderful, magical, inspiring show. But it's become so much more than that. When I was in the UK, I had the opportunity to get get together with several people I'd never have known existed if not for Moonlight. I have friends all over the world, people I truly care about, because of our "little show." How special is that?! :rose:

I am so very grateful to Moonlight--to its creators, and to the amazing actors and writers and crew and designers, all those who made it such a compelling, believable world. I'm grateful that it brought me so many beautiful experiences, so much inspiration, so much music and new knowledge. In a very real way, Moonlight woke me up to the possibilities life has to offer. And it gave me a community of people who understand exactly what I mean when I say these things. 'Cause let's face it, it sounds a little wacky from the outside. :winky:

So even though I'm a day late, I still wish you all a wonderful 10th Sonata-versary. :hearts: I feel very lucky to be one of those people who are still fired by the Moonlight magic.

I want to close with something that darling Lucky said a couple of years ago, because it's gorgeously written, and because it really captures the feelings I still have for the show and for all of you, who still keep Moonlight alive in your hearts. :heart:
librarian_7 wrote:The end of Moonlight--on broadcast tv--broke my heart. But we've made sure, here in this little corner of the internet, that it hasn't died. Moonlight lives on, and will live on, as long as we have love for Mick, and Josef, and Beth, and Coraline, and Josh, and Trevor...and everyone else associated with that world where a handsome vampire rolls through the night in an old Mercedes convertible, with a beautiful, smart girl by his side, and somewhere in a high-rise office, his best friend wheels and deals, and a full moon shines overhead.
:heart: :ghug: :heart: :mooncat:
kath40
Cleaner

Re: Tenth anniversary of Sonata - May 16, 2018

Post by kath40 »

:ghug: Oh how I love this site. I too "forgot" yesterday was the anniversary of :Mickangel: Sonata.

Thank you Alle for posting dear Lucky's words. :rose:

I will chalk up this missed anniversary to good old exhaustion. I pushed myself too far yesterday and paid for it dearly. :sigh:
As soon as I got home I went straight to bed and slept for 3 hrs until my tummy rumbled saying "let's eat" around 5PM. :eat: I didn't lunch that day.
I just felt off all day. Not realizing maybe, just maybe, Moonlight still has an effect on me even if I mentally forgot the anniversary. :hearts: :flowers: Image
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

kath40 wrote:Image
I do too, Kath!
As you say Alle, Moonlight was a source of inspiration and it came at a time in my life when I needed it. I will always be grateful for what we got.

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Beautifully said. It's hard to believe Sonata aired 10 YEARS ago! YEARS! And though the show ended, our Moonlight world carried on. And on. And on. Because we are still here.

Thank you. Every. One. :flowers:

:hearts: :heart: :hearts: :heart: :hearts:
:ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

It is really hard to believe it's been 10 years. I still don't trust that season finales won't be series finales without a firm announcement Moonlight was such a special little show but more importantly the relationships that sparked out of it. Moonlight gave me a burst of creativity I'd never had before. I'll always be grateful
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

Wow - 10 years!! That seems a long time! I still love it as much today as I did 10 years ago. It will always have a special place in my life. And Mick...my gorgeous Mick... I have no words :heart:
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: Ohh, my lovely Alle and Moonlight family. :heart:

Of course I would happily have how I feel shared, because there's nothing that will change how this wonderful show affected my life, and how I live it. Broadening horizons, and changing outlooks. Finding new abilities, and learning how to improve the me I already knew. Moonlight was nothing but a positive happening in my life. And I'll always be grateful for it, and the friends I made because of it.

Lucky's words are just beautiful, and so true also... While our little corner is still here... the Moonlight will always shine.

Lots of love to all. :hearts:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

What you wrote is so beautiful, Alle! And it was wonderful that you also included the lovely words that choccyterri and Lucky wrote. All I can really add to that is .... I agree with everything in your post, though I could never have come up with such a marvelous way to say it.

And it was so nice to think about how the specific date isn't so important, since I've been a little frustrated with myself ... I really wanted to make a tenth anniversary video to be posted last September, but I had major technical issues back then, so I decided to aim for finishing the video by Sonata day instead. Well, I got the video finished in time, but my home internet hasn't worked properly for a week or so now, so I haven't been able to post it yet. But of course the exact date doesn't really matter so much, does it?

It is hard to believe that it has been ten years. Truly, I remember watching Sonata for the first time like it was yesterday!
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

:heart: Shadow darlin' you may not feel you have the "perfect words" to express how you and we all feel about Moonlight. But I know you have the best talent for making VIDEOS that express these feelings perfectly. Your vidios have brought me to tears they are so spot on.

I can't wait for your internet to cooperate so you can share your creation. :rose: I'm patient, I can wait. :kiss:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Me too. :heart:

I've really loved reading everyone's thoughts about the anniversary. Thanks so much for sharing! :ghug:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Alle, thank you for this site which provides a wonderful home for those of us who still miss Moonlight ten years later. Thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.

Return to “Moonlight Celebrations”