Nine years after Sonata, the Moonlight is still shining.

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Nine years after Sonata, the Moonlight is still shining.

Post by allegrita »

Happy Sonata anniversary, dear friends. :hearts:

I've been thinking about a line of Mick's from Sonata: "I spent the past 55 years trying to close the door on forever. But I can’t anymore. I can’t close the door on Beth." I can see him in my mind's eye: eyes closed, head resting against the wall. Suffering, because his inability to share his life with Beth had finally caused her to push him away. And, because he thought it was the best thing for her, he left. But he didn't get far. He went back to the apartment and finally, finally, began to crack open that wall of reserve and fear that was keeping them apart. He said "Because I love you," and they kissed--their first real, true kiss that wasn't a surprise or a battle. And in the middle of that kiss, Mick closed the apartment door, leaving us on the outside. :hankie:

Oh, how painful it was when we found out that door would never open again. :Mickangel: But we had faith that they were going to be okay. Not perfect, because let's face it, those two were about as damaged as a couple can be. :snicker: But somehow, they were going to make it through all the problems, together. (With some help from Josef, Guillermo, Logan, and the rest of the wonderful characters.)

I'll forever be grateful to the writers for giving us that lovely ending. It gave us hope, and it made losing the show a little more tolerable. (Well, that plus a heck of a lot of fanfic and videos and banners and photo-stories and comics and magazines and... you get the drift. :winky: )

It's been nine years. Our little show only lasted 16 episodes, but it still lives on in our hearts. There's something about Moonlight that still inspires us. And even though this place gets a little quieter every year, it makes me happy to see old friends dropping by to read a story or catch up on a discussion of a favorite TV show. The fiery passion of those first few years has passed (probably a good thing, considering how much infighting it perpetuated back then!), but the glow remains. For me, the Moonlight will always shine. And I doubt if I'll ever be able to listen to "Love Remains the Same" without getting a huge lump in my throat. :heart:

I cherish the friends I've made because of our shared love of a magical little show. :ghug: I'm grateful to all of you for the richness you've added to my life. Thank you! :rose:

Love,

Alle
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Re: Nine years after Sonata, the Moonlight is still shining.

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Thank you for providing us with a wonderful Moonlight home. While Sonata aired nine years ago today, I still miss Moonlight even now but I am thankful to have others who share the love for Moonlight even now.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Time does fly. I've loved and left other fandoms before and since but there is something about Moonlight. I miss the days when stories poured out of me like water but there are so many great stories here and the people I've met over the years have been unlike any other fandom I've been involved in. I think I'm due for a rewatch of the series but I so love our little home here.
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

How can it be nine years? :bmoon:
Thank you, Alle, for keeping the light on here for those of us forever in the glow.

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

In my mind, Moonlight ended "a couple of years ago." It's absolutely mind-boggling to me that it's been 9 years. :shrug:

Alle, I'm so grateful for your post. :hug: You've summed up my feelings beautifully and even brought back a couple that I had all but forgotten. It is impossible to explain to anyone else who wasn't "there" how this little show and this wonderful community could possibly be so important after nine years -- when so much else has happened and so many other things have come and gone. I'm sure it would sound almost delusional to anyone who hadn't lived it. That's why I'm so very grateful for what we have here and for all those who refuse to forget. :heart:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:heart: Oh dear Alle....

Your post just speaks everyone's heart so perfectly... :rose:

I still remember the way we all loved the show, how we fought for it, and how we consoled one another when we knew it really wasn't coming back. :hug: And I can also think of the inspiration it gave, and the friendships it forged, and the lifelong family our little Moonlight created. :heart:

And I'm so grateful for that. The Moonlight still shines on here... I'll never close the door.

Love to my Moonlight family... :ghug:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Lilly wrote:In my mind, Moonlight ended "a couple of years ago." It's absolutely mind-boggling to me that it's been 9 years. :shrug:

Alle, I'm so grateful for your post. :hug: You've summed up my feelings beautifully and even brought back a couple that I had all but forgotten. It is impossible to explain to anyone else who wasn't "there" how this little show and this wonderful community could possibly be so important after nine years -- when so much else has happened and so many other things have come and gone. I'm sure it would sound almost delusional to anyone who hadn't lived it. That's why I'm so very grateful for what we have here and for all those who refuse to forget. :heart:
I feel that way as well Lily!! I will never ever forget this wonderful show and I am so glad that Alle has given us all a wonderful home to express our love for Moonlight here!!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

choccyterri wrote: The Moonlight still shines on here... I'll never close the door.
:smooch: :hug: :hearts:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

I'm so grateful for this Moonlight home that, just like the moon, it keeps softly glowing 9 years later and counting. :heart:

I've never fallen for a show like I did for Moonlight that I still reflect upon in my every day life. From Moonlight music at work or out and about that bring a smile to my face or put a lump in my throat. To using Moonlight characters and phrases for my pass words at work that we have to change every 90 days (Shhhh lets let that be our little secret :kiss: ) Things like looking down at Micks ring on my finger every day that has become a part of me that only I and us Moonlight fans know it's true meaning. It's more then just a beautiful ring I get comments on. :heart: Mick is Still my fantasy boyfriend in my dreams and daydreams. What can I say? Mick has set that bar high for the average man, but ask me if I care. :hearts:

As long as you ladies wish to keep this sight up and running I plan on coming here to get my daily Moonlight fix. ImageImage ImageImage
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Has it really been nine years?

Beautifully written, Alle! And I love this:
The fiery passion of those first few years has passed, but the glow remains.
Thank you for this safe haven, where the moon is always shining down upon us.
:flowers: :rose: :flowers: :rose:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

Thanks Alle for keeping the sight alive. I still visit here most days. In honour of the 9th year anniversary I'm rewatching the series - it's a tough job but someone has to do it! :giggle: :giggle:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

MoonMarg wrote:Thanks Alle for keeping the sight alive. I still visit here most days. In honour of the 9th year anniversary I'm rewatching the series - it's a tough job but someone has to do it! :giggle: :giggle:
:highfive: :twothumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm going to rewatch the series, as well. I've watched a few episodes here and there, but not the whole series, in much too long. :thumbs:
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

I watch it while on the treadmill. Each episode is roughly 40 mins so a good workout time. And it makes the time go quickly and the pain just a little bit less - Mick is quite distracting- in a good way! :heart:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

rewatched all 16 episodes this week............ so glad there is still a place where Moonlight shines
:MickCora:

Return to “Moonlight Celebrations”