Eight years since Sonata

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Eight years since Sonata

Post by allegrita »

"Because I love you." :heart: :heart: :heart:

And now it's been eight years. And I still love and miss that show, and those characters, soooooo much. :rose: Thanks to Trevor Munson for creating Mick St. John for us. Thanks to the wonderful actors and actresses, the amazing writers and directors, the set and costume designers, the crew, Trevor Morris for his beautiful and moving scoring, the brilliant people who chose popular songs for the episodes and the promos. Thanks to the Powers that Be for the magic that was Moonlight.

And thanks to you, dear friends. Because you are the ones who keep Moonlight alive for me. :ghug:

We only got 16 episodes, but oh, what a lot of beautiful creativity was spawned from that little show. When I think of all the amazing videos, fanfic, digital artwork (and non-digital art as well), photo-illustrated stories made with dolls, fan-created comics and magazines, roleplay, and other creative endeavors that Moonlight inspired, it still impresses me. Eight years after Mick closed that door, it's still going on. The fandom may be smaller, but it's still here, and we're still creating, and watching episodes together, and quizzing each other on lines of dialogue, and finding beautiful pictures to post. We hear a Moonlight song playing at a store, and we stop shopping and listen with a little nostalgic smile on our faces. We compare other shows to Moonlight. We follow the actors and writers to their new projects. We've learned about film noir and about archetypes. We've taught ourselves how to use photo-manipulation applications. We've created stories to fill in missing bits of the story that was shown us, and to give the characters a believable past and a compelling future.

Why? Because we love you too, Mick. :heart:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Re: Eight years since Sonata

Post by Moonlightsonata »

And thank you Alle for keeping this place for Moonlight fans open years after the show ended. Still miss the magic that was Moonlight.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Very few, if any, shows affected me the way Moonlight did. Can't explain it, but it just did, and I'll be forever grateful for all that resulted because of it.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

I :heart: Moonlight. Still. Always.

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Alle -- :hug: :hearts: :heart: :smooch:

Thank you.

I am so grateful for the "light" that this show shined in my life. Moonlight brought so much -- so many opportunities and so many wonderful people into my world. Sometimes, if I think about it too much, it hurts, and it's hard for me to put that into words, as you did so beautifully here. :rose:

And for reasons I still can't fully explain, Mick St. John has touched me -- and stayed with me -- like no other character ever has. Or probably ever will.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Moonlight has changed my life forever. Never have I been so affected by a show nor can I explain it to those who never gave it a try without sounding like a squeezing fan girl just how much I loved and stil do love Moonlight. Image :hearts: Image

I'm so grateful for MLA for giving us a warm and welcome place to express our feelings and love of our little beloved show. Image
Can't believe it's been 8 years sense my heart was broken into a million pieces when that door closed, but we all stuck together to repair it (pun intended) :ghug:

Like I've said I'll never be the same nor do I want to be any different. I still get tingly when I hear any ML music or something ML happens to me like eating a Krispy Kream, looking up at the full Moon or I see a ML Location in a TV commercial or a recognize a cast member in another show. :heart:

It's crazy just the other day I got my feathers ruffed when a new co-worker who never heard of Moonlight said "you mean Moonlighting?" :confusing:
(My inner response):UUUUGGGH NO YOU TWIT! Moonlight was the best vampire series ever! Before Twilight, TB, VD ...Oh good God they sound like diseases :rolling:
Anywhooo what really ruffled my feathers was when I told her it was the "best" vampire series she said :eyeroll: "Ugh ALL those Vampire shows sucked." She said this having NO idea what Moonlight was nor had she even seen it. It took all my strength no to strangle the woman. Image
I don't know why I let it get to me. I guess even 8 years later it still hurts that I'm still having that same augment I had trying to get people to tune into ML in the first place back in the day. It's still a raw spot I guess. :sadface:

BUT HEY! I've got y'all to hang out with play games, post pictures and read fanfic for another 8 years+ :twothumbs: Mick St John will always be the Man of my dreams. Image
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, allegrita, for putting into words what I can't even express.
I still miss Mick. :hearts: :Mickangel:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

I don't miss Moonlight. I don't miss Mick either. Both are right here in my heart and in my life every day. Not a day passes that I don't think or read something Moonlight. And I have you all to thank for that. :heart: And most of all, you , allegrita and mods, for keeping our home so ...homey!

We won't close the door on forever....
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

Rarely a day goes by when I don't think about Mick or ML. I have no idea why. I can't explain it. I've given up on that. :snicker: but I know you guys know what I mean. :winky:

:heart: Moonlight Forever
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

Moonlight has a special place in my heart, as does another Ron Koslow show (Beauty and the Beast).. because both shows had their beasts AND their beauties. And neither were perfect. Both ended far too soon - but the magic of both shows will live on forever. I met people who are now good friends that I would have NEVER met were it not for Moonlight & B&B. So, here's to the great writing that we had - and to the wonderful creative output we still have!

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Moonlight changed my life.

That really says it all, but it's so much more. The friends, the unlocking of a dormant ability to write creatively, the lessons I've learned in everything from computer skills to negotiating the interwebs...these are parts of it. But it also led me into avenues of academic research I never imagined. I'm in a far different place, in so many ways, than I was when Sonata aired.

The end of Moonlight--on broadcast tv--broke my heart. But we've made sure, here in this little corner of the internet, that it hasn't died. Moonlight lives on, and will live on, as long as we have love for Mick, and Josef, and Beth, and Coraline, and Josh, and Trevor...and everyone else associated with that world where a handsome vampire rolls through the night in an old Mercedes convertible, with a beautiful, smart girl by his side, and somewhere in a high-rise office, his best friend wheels and deals, and a full moon shines overhead.
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Mick... le sigh :happysigh: :sigh:

Yeah, see, no matter what, he will always be my ideal when it comes to men... not because he's perfect, but because he's... Mick.

:teeth: :Mickangel: :grumble: :wings: Happy, angsty, furious and heroic, I'd take all of it in a heartbeat. :heart:

Thank you for reminding us every year, Alle. My schedule is insane right now and I'm waaaay behind on my TV viewing. But I do pop in here to keep up, and I wish you could have seen how my smile spread from ear-to-ear when I saw this topic. :biggrin: Once again, you've captured the magic that captivated so many of us.

:hearts: And Lucky, this is just... beautiful:
librarian_7 wrote:... that world where a handsome vampire rolls through the night in an old Mercedes convertible, with a beautiful, smart girl by his side, and somewhere in a high-rise office, his best friend wheels and deals, and a full moon shines overhead.
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

I can not believe that it's been eight years! Moonlight hit me with a wallop I hadn't experienced since watching the original Beauty and the Beast. Moonlight is of course a sibling of that program. Moonlight had a profound effect on me, and triggered my first foray on to fan sites and into fan fiction. I have immense gratitude for Allie and the other mods who keep this place going. There is something very special about it. Thank you :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

It has been so wonderful seeing what everyone has posted. :hearts: Thank you, everyone, for sharing your memories and your feelings! :ghug:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Eight years since the end of Sonata? It hardly seems possible. But then, so much as happened since then. To all of us. In our Real Lives and our families.

And in our Moonlight universe, too. I get nostalgic when an old fic gets bumped to the top and I see the posts made by once active members. It makes what we have now even more special. I'm so glad this place is still here and still welcoming. To share RL and ML and Alex. You all are wonderful. :kiss:

:ghug: :thanks:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.

Return to “Moonlight Celebrations”