Sonata's 7th anniversary - May 16, 2015

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Sonata's 7th anniversary - May 16, 2015

Post by allegrita »

I'm a few days late for this... please forgive me, my RL has been kind of insane. Thank you, HotMicks, for mentioning the cancellation and jogging my memory! :hug:

So, I know it's a few days late, but I can't let this anniversary go by without saying a little something. Because the end was as powerful for me as the beginning. In a way, maybe the end was the beginning of this warm core of Moonlight fandom. The people who still listen to the songs, who still write stories and make beautiful vids and banners. The people who, seven years after it was all over, still think of Los Angeles as Mick's home. :hearts: :ghug:

Maybe it was because our show was taken from us so unexpectedly that we banded together so tightly. Maybe it was because, in our eagerness to keep it alive, we did a whole lot of good for the world--think of how much blood was donated in honor of the show! :heart: Maybe it was meeting the writers so soon after the cancellation, the wonderful creators who met with us and shared their memories and indulged our curiosity, and bless 'em, appreciated us for being such staunch supporters. Because it was so very obvious that they loved it as much as we did. :rose:

Our fandom was never that big. And it suffered some pretty awful controversies and upheavals. We lost our home again and again, but we somehow managed to find one another and rebuild our community. It's not as big as it once was, and we're not as insanely passionate as we once were. But we're still here. It pulls us together, and it still inspires us. And for that, and for all of you, my dear Moonlightaholics, I am profoundly grateful.

Love you all! :groupwave: :mooncat:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Sonata's 7th anniversary - May 16, 2015

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

You summed it up perfectly. :twothumbs:

Love you back! :ghug: :smooch: :kiss:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:ghug: :ghug: :hearts: :ghug: :ghug:

Sonata has always been a bit of a surreal episode for me. At the time that it aired, I was in denial -- I watched, but I refused to believe that was all there was ever going be. Even now, it's the episode I've re-watched the least. Maybe that's why it seems so very long ago. :Mickangel:
allegrita wrote:Maybe it was because our show was taken from us so unexpectedly that we banded together so tightly.
This is really the heart of the matter right here. ^ Before Sonata, our interactions on these boards were mostly about the show and the characters, about picking apart details and motivations and images. Somewhere along the way, though, those interactions became more about US -- about supporting one another, entertaining one another, embracing one another... No matter where we came from, we all shared this love and this loss, and learned things about ourselves we never imagined we were capable of.

Thanks so much for the lovely reminder, Alle. :heart:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

One of the most important things about Moonlight was the creation of family.

Together, as a fandom, we have loved, we have learned, we have grown. We thought Sonata was an ending, but it was just the beginning of so much.

Long Live Moonlight!
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: Aww, well, for one, I'm so grateful for the lovely home we were able to find with one another after our little show ended. :heart: When the door closed, we never expected it to be quite such a final thing, and for that, I'll always be sad... But I'm so happy that everyone involved went on to wonderful and new things. I still squeal every time I see one of them in something new, or hear a Moonlight song on the radio. I don't think that will ever stop.

It's such a shame that Sonata was the end of our wonderful show. But I think the friendships I've made because of it will last a lifetime. Hugs to my lovely Moonlight family :hearts: xx

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

Doesn't seem like seven years. :sigh: Still loving my Moonlight and Mick St. John.

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I am so thankful that we still have a Moonlight home. Thank you.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
LoveBite
Kostan Industries intern

Post by LoveBite »

Wow, doesn't seem like 7 years have passed already. Miss our dear Moonlight and what could have been.
But, then again, so very happy with the magic we did receive from everybody, especially the excellent the cast & crew.
Moonlight Forever!
:heart:

Carol
~LoveBite
Carol
~LoveBite
kath40
Cleaner

Re: Sonata's 7th anniversary - May 17, 2015

Post by kath40 »

I'm so grateful that we have this fine gathering place here at MLA where our Moonlight Hearts are sill beating. :heart:
I thought my world had come to an end 7 years ago. But we shared our pain and picked each other up and found a way to move forward...together remembering our beloved Moonlight. :ghug: :ghug:

Thank you so much my ML Family for everything you do to make this a loving caring home with open doors for all to come in and continue to bask in the Glow of our Moonlight. :smooch: :rose:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

When I watched Moonlight for the first time, rather later than most of you, I didn't know Sonata was ..the end. I looked around the internet for more and all I found was desperate and sad messages under you-tube videos that the show was over. And then, out of sheer luck, I 'met' Shadow, then found MLA. That is when I realized that Sonata was not the end, but a beginning!

I cannot thank the writers of the show or any of those who contributed. But I can thank you, alle and mods for this lovely refuge! And thank you to all writers who turned Sonata from a sad ending to being a key part of a never ending story...

:rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I always get a little sad around this anniversary, but reading what you all have written makes me really, really happy. :cloud9: Sometimes I get a bit embarrassed to still be so in love with a show that's been off the air for so long... but then I come here and I'm among people who understand, and love it as much as I do. :ghug:

I loved what Lilly said. This board isn't just about the TV show, Moonlight. Yes, this community came into being because of our shared love for the show, but we've grown to be much, more than that. I'm so grateful for this community. We're much more than merely fellow fans--we're friends. :ghug: :heart:
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Moonlight was a ray of sunshine in my life. I will always treasure it. Glad we are all still here seven years later! :heart:

Return to “Moonlight Celebrations”