FIVE YEARS since Sonata!

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

FIVE YEARS since Sonata!

Post by allegrita »

Popping in to say hi, :wave: and I miss you all... :ghug: But mostly, I'm here because I just can't let this day go by without saying something about it. :hearts:

Five years ago tonight, Sonata aired. I remember sobbing (for rather a long time) :blushing: and drinking wine, and feeling a lot like Beth looked at the end of "Love Lasts Forever." But I didn't have a beautiful, tragic vampire standing in my doorway. I didn't have my vampires anymore at all.
:hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:

But, you know? Five years later, they're still alive, because of all of you. Our wonderful writers, and the readers who encourage them. The people who are following our beloved actors in their new endeavors. Those who play Moonlight-themed games, or participate in episode discussions, or make beautiful art to celebrate the show we still love.

I'm so glad we're still here. So glad Mick and Beth are still sleuthing, Ray and Lilah are learning how to cope together, Guillermo and Logan are still helping Mick keep the community's secrets, Coraline is still figuring out the angles, and Josef is still pulling everyone's puppet strings.

Mostly, I'm glad you are still coming here to enjoy all that this site has to offer. Thank you for that. Without you, there would be no moonlightaholics.com. :ghug: :hearts: :ghug:

Love,

Allegrita :heart:
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: FIVE YEARS since Sonata!

Post by MoonMarg »

Wow - has it really been 5 years... :sadface: its amazing that this 1 little show can still capture our imagination after all this time. Love never dies. :heart:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Awww :hearts:

And thanks to you alle for giving us a place to hang out! :flowers:

ETA: I listen to 3 hours 45 minutes of Moonlight soundtrack songs every Friday at work. I shall keep this thread in mind as I listen today. :heart:
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

MoonMarg wrote: Love never dies. :heart:
:redwine2: To Moonlight, our love lasts forever!

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

It is amazing because I've been in a lot of fandoms and I'm still completely captivated by this show and it's characters. I was watching Beauty and the Beast last night and so much of it reminded me of Moonlight but Vincent and Cat as much as I like them are no Mick and Beth.

I'm so happy to see Moonlight still alive here. :heart:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Moonlight will always be my main love...I'm so glad Mick, Josef, Beth, and the rest are still speaking in our hearts and our heads, and telling us new stories and adventures.

I'm not sure anyone would have believed that five years later, we'd still be here, and still sharing the Moonlight love--but we are.

:champs:

To our glorious vampires, may they be eternal in our hearts!
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

It has been five years weeks wise so thanks for remembering, but unless the 2008 calendar I looked at on Google was incorrect, Sonata actually aired on Friday, May 16, 2008. Still missing it nonetheless and thanks so much for the fandom.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I think I still have Sonata on my DVR although a number of the Moonlight episodes I had recorded (from when it was on the CW I think) were deleted when we were away last summer and ran out of space. I also have 3 DVDs. I am definitely going to have to watch it today although I know it will bring tears to my eyes. But I am so happy for this place where I can say this and others will understand.

Thank you Alle!
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Actually, MLS, Alle posted this on the evening of May 16. The day had passed on the east coast, and I am so thankful she remembered before it was too late. :hug: :hearts:

I don't know where the time went. I mean, I know we just celebrated the 5-year anniversary of Moonlight's debut, but this anniversary kind of snuck up on me. Or maybe it's one I just don't like to think about. :sadface:

"Sonata" was gift, as far as final episodes are concerned. So many shows, even longer running ones, never have as much closure as this final gave us. It was just enough. Just enough to let us know that things were going to be OK. The rest was left up to us. :heart:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yep--Lilly is absolutely right. :yes: I've been so busy with my own RL craziness, I almost let the 16th go by without realizing it was the anniversary! It was still before midnight on the 16th when I posted it, though. So I squeaked in under the wire. :laugh:

I'm very well aware that Sonata aired on May 16th, 2007. In fact, when I was "playing" Beth on Facebook with MyImmortal, we had Mick and Beth get married on the anniversary of Sonata: May 16th, 2009. So happy fourth anniversary (yesterday), Facebook Mick and Beth. :hearts: :friends:

I've been listening to the Moonlight music player at mickstjohn.net today. There's LOTS more music there than before--all 16 episodes, plus promos, PLUS music from the pilot presentation. So if you don't have the Moonlight music with you, you can still enjoy it at www://mickstjohn.net/music

And today's a bonus, because it's Friday--so happy Moonlight-memories Friday, everyone! :ghug: :hearts:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

....5 years and we all look the same.

:laugh:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

On very rare occasions, a TV show becomes more than the sum of all its parts and to me Moonlight totally was. I was intrigued by the take on vampire lore, and absolutely charmed by the characters (who wouldn't be). I saw my first ep less than a year after Sonata aired (not that it mattered in the least) as I still fell in love with it all--just a little late.

In the years since then, we can see possibilities inherent in the story line that weren't so obvious to us at first. Threads that could have been developed in wonderful directions!

And they are still there!!!!!

As are we!

Sigh. Miss Moonlight. Miss Mick...and Beth...and Josef...and everyone else.

But also--miss you, Alle!

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Jen--perfectly said. :hearts:

Alle--whether you squeaked in a day early or were a day late makes no difference---it's been 5 years since the beginning of the magic that continues to this day. Five years is such a significant period of time; think of all the changes that happen in one's life during that period of time.

And then look at how much stays the same: ML love. :heart:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Aww... I miss all of you lots, too! :ghug: I'll try to pop in when I can. And thank all of you for keeping the Moonlight magic alive... and Fleur, I know we're all exactly as gorgeous and young and lithe as ever! :hearts: :ghug: (Everyone's young and gorgeous in cyberspace, right?) :laugh:

What a wonderful bunch of nice people you all are. :groupwave: :celebrate: :mooncat:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I've met so many wonderful people since ML started. Thank you for being still here!
I miss Mick and Beth, there are consolation prizes in the form of fit Commanders but the real thing is no more. Only memories, but they still stand strong! :hearts: :ghug:

Return to “Moonlight Celebrations”