Inspiration #1: Midnight at the L.A.Public Library. PG

A place for Cat Moon's G to PG-13 stories
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Inspiration #1: Midnight at the L.A.Public Library. PG

Post by helloeeze »

Interesting background on Mick's quest for human-ness. The banter with Josef was great, the origins of a great friendship.
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

wollstonecraft61 wrote:Very well done, Cat. If the rest of your observations on each episode turn out this well, we have a fantastic series awaiting us as readers.
Thank you. I've now got my idea for the 2nd ep, and I think everyone will like it if I do say so myself. :giggle:
helloeeze wrote:Interesting background on Mick's quest for human-ness. The banter with Josef was great, the origins of a great friendship.
I appreciate it, thanks.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Catmoon wrote:In NSTAV, I was struck by how familiar Mick seemed to be with concepts like pranic energy when he was talking to the professor in his office. He’s obviously well read, considering his eclectic book collection. I started wondering at a possible reason for his particular interest in certain topics…
NocturneInCMoll wrote:Catmoon, this was great. I loved how you explained that funny little thing about Mick knowing so much about ancient blood cults and pranic energy AND gave us some insight into Mick and Josef's early relationship. I think my favourite part was,
Children. Always with the questions. Everything was why, why, why.
:snicker: So Josef, and so true--Mick was a "child" at the time, both as a young vampire, and in comparison to Josef's 350 years.

Great little story--can't wait for the next!
This was a clever answer as to why Mick knew as much as he did about what Ellis was going on and on about. And of course it captured the beginning of a beautiful friendship! That one line was my favorite, too, NocturneinCMoll.

Very well done, Cat. Thanks!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Id read this before and found myself perusing your office again. You are a wonderful writer and I so enjoy your interpretation of the characters.

Very nicely done. It estalishes some core truths that move a bit beyond what we saw onscreen, but very logically so. Mick was exploring his new reality--wanting to know what the parameters were of his abilities and had developed a healthy distrust of Coraline. (Sad, but she earned that one.) Josef is his good old snarky self, very much the iceburg (mostly below the surface, out of sight) but all in all, a positive influence on Mick.

I didn't remember a second part. Gotta check this out!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

jen wrote:Id read this before and found myself perusing your office again. You are a wonderful writer and I so enjoy your interpretation of the characters.

Very nicely done. It estalishes some core truths that move a bit beyond what we saw onscreen, but very logically so. Mick was exploring his new reality--wanting to know what the parameters were of his abilities and had developed a healthy distrust of Coraline. (Sad, but she earned that one.) Josef is his good old snarky self, very much the iceburg (mostly below the surface, out of sight) but all in all, a positive influence on Mick.

I didn't remember a second part. Gotta check this out!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Thanks! I'm always very flattered when readers consider my stories worth spending the time to read again. I really appreciate your comments on my stuff. I liked your description of Josef as an iceburg, so true!
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Very logical, and very human, too.

Mick had taken one giant step out of reality as he had previously believed it to be, and I think it is just reasonable for him to want to find out as much about his new condition as he could. Coraline had, at this point, done in the love and trust he felt for her before. He was tied to her, and stayed with her for some time but the bloom was definitely off the rose by this point.

Mick was a challenge and I think Josef found a challenge somewhat irresistable. I wonder about Josef's relationship with Coraline.

Wouldn't surprise me if there had been something there, maybe back when Lincoln was President.

Anyway, this was delightful!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Cat Moon's Office”