Just One More Day (PG13)

A place for Cat Moon's G to PG-13 stories
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Re: Just One More Day (PG13)

Post by Catmoon »

toria1521 wrote:Beautifully sad. :hankie:
That's a nice way of putting it. Thank you.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh, Cat, this is so very lovely. My eternal thanks to Grace for sending me over here to read.

So much in such a short piece - Josef's fear, for Mick but also for himself - how would he survive without Mick? What would his life be like if he were truly alone again?

And Mick. So much regret - for time wasted and words unspoken. That's the cruellest cut - that he never told Beth he loved her. Oh that just breaks my heart.

Beautiful, Cat. Just beautiful.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

I can't believe I've never read this before :blushing:
I too owe a big thank you to Grace for mentioning this story earlier.

That was beautifully done Cat.

As I commented on Red's story earlier today I mentioned that I thought the only loss neither one would survive is if one of them lost the other. They help each other survive and would be lost without each other and you highlighted that fear perfectly here. Josef fears losing Mick and knows that his existence would be so much less if Mick wasn't there.

Mick's sense of loss was so strong here too. His deep regret at living his life in fear with Beth instead of in the moment is so sad. The Mick/Beth lover that I am - this is so heartbreaking. He never told her how he feels about her and that is sad indeed.

Just lovely Cat :)
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

It IS an amazing fic... but I think francis gets the credit for many of Cat's fics being here on this board... francis harassed... er... encouraged... Cat to post many of them... and they are all exquisite. Francis has very good taste...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Coco and Red: Thanks for the lovely comments. I'm glad you liked the story. It was supposed to be about Mick, but ended up being about Josef as well.

Grace: Thank you for recommending the story. Blaming Francis again, are we? :snicker: Of course I would have posted all my stuff here eventually, but she made sure they were here asap. ;)

Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

If anyone could.....Josef could ask for one more day and get it.

Sad, strong, so Mick.

:clapping: :clapping:

L
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Lucy wrote:If anyone could.....Josef could ask for one more day and get it.

Sad, strong, so Mick.

:clapping: :clapping:

L
Thank you for reading and commenting. I'm glad you liked it.

Penina Spinka
Freelance freshie

Post by Penina Spinka »

Dear Cat, you must have written this right after the cancellation a year ago and recently reposted it. I know how you felt, and so do most of us, or we wouldn't be here reading fan fic. I'd like to think we go on to new lives. Someday Mick and Beth will be together again. I hope Josef helped him decided to stay around and wait for her. Josef is his other love. Ridding the world of Mick is too sad. CBS tried, but we didn't let them. He lives on in our stories.
Penina
Read Sam stories by Penina My index: http://www.moonlightaholics.com/viewforum.php?f=560
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Penina Spinka wrote:Dear Cat, you must have written this right after the cancellation a year ago and recently reposted it. I know how you felt, and so do most of us, or we wouldn't be here reading fan fic. I'd like to think we go on to new lives. Someday Mick and Beth will be together again. I hope Josef helped him decided to stay around and wait for her. Josef is his other love. Ridding the world of Mick is too sad. CBS tried, but we didn't let them. He lives on in our stories.
Penina
Yes, you're right, I wrote this story right after cancellation. I needed an outlet for my emotions. If Josef will convince him or not, I don't know. He might have to bite the bullet and admit to Mick how much he needs him. That might do it, if only out of a sense of duty and obligation to his friend. Thank you for reading and commenting.

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Dark, sad and deep. Shows the true power of Mick's love for Beth, and Josef's love for Mick.
Beth's death is the domino effect----Mick wants to stop living, Josef can't imagine his life without Mick. Beautifully rendered and still moving as a re-read (of more than a few times!)
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

Just wonderful :clapping: So sad, but so beautiful :hankie:
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This story is so powerful, I can read it and be grabbed by it like the first time.
“I’m done. It’s over, no reason to continue. I never wanted any of this, and she was the only reason I was able to do it as long as I did.”
That's Mick. But he has another friend who keeps going for him, and whom he can't leave behind. I hope it's enough. This story is a counterpart to greenleaf's Cataclysm, and the Coffee House discussion made me revisit it.
Thank you, catmoon, for this truly dark yet hopeful story.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

I'm here from PNWgal's recommendations on the Coffee House thread, and I sincerely thank her for that.

I'm gobsmacked cat. This is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. This one totally had me by the cojones right from the start, but when MIck says that he's killed Talbot, and so hollowly too, I got a chill down my spine. I think you nailed the reactions of both men. I too think that at heart Josef is terribly lonely. I like how we don't need to know the details of Beth's death, this story isn't about that, it's about Mick's reactions. This was just.... :notworthy:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

A recommendation from the coffee house led me here...This is so hauntingly beautiful. :hankie:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

I had a feeling this story might pop up during discussions, being it's a dark fic. :snicker: I have to be specially motivated to write them, and the cancellation did that. Thanks to all for reading and commenting!

Return to “Cat Moon's Office”