Just One More Day (PG13)

A place for Cat Moon's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Re: Just One More Day (PG13)

Post by jen »

Oh. Wow.

Cat, you have amazing range in the fics you can write. You have such wonderful comedic timing and a wicked sense of humor--then THIS.

I want Mick to come thru this. I truly do--but Josef has his work cut out for him.

Stark. The Mick who cares is not here right now.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

jen wrote:Oh. Wow.

Cat, you have amazing range in the fics you can write. You have such wonderful comedic timing and a wicked sense of humor--then THIS.
Thank you so much for reading my stories and for your comments. That's such a wonderful compliment to get. Of course it helps to have such wonderful characters to work with!
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

I totally agree about preferring the happy endings.

RL is stressful, messy, and it sometimes hurts. I want entertainment to entertain me. This takes me down a road I really didn't want to go, but part of the subtext of Moonlight was dark, largely unspoken and unexplored but hinted at. I think we would have seen flashes of it in a second season. This darkness in the background gave the story dimension and depth that would not have otherwise been there.

Josef has his work ut out for him, but it is the nature of life that new memories will bring new reasons to go on. I hope Mick is able to find them.

If he doesn't, when he gets to the other side, Beth is so going to kick his ass.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I cannot believe I never commented on this story before. I know I did--guess it must've been somewhere else... long ago and far away.

Oh, Cat. Dear Cat, this is a beautiful story, but man... it brings back some hard memories.

You took the grief and shock we all felt, and wove it into a tapestry of love and longing and absolute despair... with just a fine, golden thread of hope woven in. I don't know if Mick will be able to give Josef very many days... but if anybody can hold him here, it's Josef. Their friendship is so strong.

Geez, I need a glass of water and a box of tissues... :hankie:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Thank you for this story Cat. I sometimes stay away from stories involving character deaths, but I was drawn to yours mainly by the title. It reminded me of a song from Le Mis (spelling) which I just saw for the third time a little more than a week ago. My daughters bought tickets for my husbands birthday and although I initially wasn't interested in seeing something for the third time (when there are so many things I haven't seen once) this was a slightly new staging for the 25th Anniversary.

Anyway, this was very sad and dark but I hope Josef is able to pull Mick through it. If we believe there is a Heaven, then Beth will be there, but Mick won't if he kills himself. Now I am thinking of a Robin Williams movie - one of the few where he plays a very dramatic role.

Only a really good story can bring back so many memories. Thank you again.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

It's nice to see this one pop up again. Even after all this time, it can still hurt just thinking of what Mick is planning to do. Just give Josef his one more day...
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Cat

I've read it before, and know what to expect, and I read it yet again.

Now, if there is anything to the ghost stories, maybe Beth will show up and knock some sense into him on this side of 'the tunnel and the light' and she may bring Talbot along with her. I expect he has some issues to communicate, too.

Need somethng happy now...

Thank you!

Jenna

maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Not dark, Catmoon, not dark, but definitely heartbreaking. One thing that was bound to happen one day, since he didn't want to turn her, now so soon in front of his very eyes.. :flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Cat

Came by for another reread when this popped to the top of Active Topics and when reading this time through I had a thought--now, with Mick near suicidal with grief and Josef holding Mick on this side of life against his will (at this point) can you untangle this? Bring Beth back, fix our Moonlight universe?

Wonder if anyone else ever had this idea...

Jenna

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Cat

I just stopped into your office and saw that it has been about a year since I read this, so I took the trip again.

In case no one has said this, there are emotional responses that blindside you when there is an unexpected death of someone close to you. Shock, anger, and a numbness that expects to wake up any minute to discover that it is all a terrible dream. You totally nailed that here. Mick's flicking of the lighter felt so spot on.

Mick here has embraced a darkness that he thinks Beth kept him from, but he is who he chose to be. I just hope Josef can wrangle enough time out of him for reality to begin to penetrate the darkness.

Nicely done!!!!!

Thank you!

Jenna

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Oh, Cat, Oh, Jen. I tried to resist re-reading this one because I remembered how much my heart hurt the first few times I read it, but it's one of those pieces that just calls to you. So I read it again, and the pain from trying to deal with the loss of a loved one is so palpable I still need a tissue after reading it. This one will definitely stand the test of time. And in their world, that's pretty much forever.
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!

Return to “Cat Moon's Office”