Ambient Noise (G)

A place for Cat Moon's G to PG-13 stories
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Re: Ambient Noise (G)

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

francis wrote:Wow, great. That's exactly what I imagine Beth to think in that situation. You did a great job in giving her a voice.
I noticed the parallels too, with the "We make a good team". But I was never able to lay my finger into the feeling I had when he kissed her arm.
Or when Josh… kissed her bandaged arm, and she’d had to fight not to flinch away. Because in some crazy, impossible way she almost felt like he shouldn’t be touching it. As if it belonged to someone else.
I have the urge to scream and jump up and down and cry "She did it!" You put into words the connection that was lying on my tongue: Mick marked her, and she belonged to him, even when he was denying it. It's a vampire thing. In that point of the show we didn't know much about vampires (a little more than Beth), so I didn't make the connection.

Oh. I just realized that you write a scene in a totally different timeline and I have an epiphany about the end of "Fever". That's what great writing does.
OMG, francis and cat, I had the same epiphany at this scene. I never made the connection either when watching!!! :slaphead:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Thanks everyone! I can't tell you what a thrill it is to have my stuff still being read after all this time. There are no words. Moonlight readers are the greatest bunch of people! :flowers:
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

redwinter101 wrote:Cat, you have such a gift for these explorations of motivation and emotion. Really marvellous. They illuminate in such a wonderful way. This,
Catmoon wrote:Or when Josh… kissed her bandaged arm, and she’d had to fight not to flinch away. Because in some crazy, impossible way she almost felt like he shouldn’t be touching it. As if it belonged to someone else.
is just perfect.

Red
I know it's lame to quote myself, but re-reading this story, it was this section again that jumped out at me. It's such a perfect example of what you do so, so well - put into words what we ALL saw on screen.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Red :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Fabulous

The echos were...

inescapable.

Beautifully done!

Thank you

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Totally plausible that moments like the one here occurred and if they had been acted on, it may have changed fatal outcomes.

Thank you, Catmoon for this glimpse into Josh and Beth's domestic routine.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

The intimacy Beth shared with Mick was so beyond her relationship with Josh. Thanks for exploring the feelings behind the actions.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

You captured Beth's inner voice so well here. I think she finally realized she was staying with Josh because he was "comfortable." But to hear Josh say "you're jealous" on top of the "we make a good team" made her finally realize there was no comparison in who she really wanted to hear those words from. And it wasn't Josh.

Very nicely done! :thumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.

Return to “Cat Moon's Office”