Cooperation - Challenge # 135 PG

A place for jen's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Cooperation - Challenge # 135 PG

Post by jen »

Dsclaimer: Don't own Moonlight. No copyright infringement intended. Not making any money doing this.

“How did you get our number? We don’t clean up human messes.”

“When I found this, I called Mick: he gave me your telephone number and told me how to get through the screen. I thought most of your cleanups were human messes.”

“Show me what you‘ve found.”

“Over here--two humans, drained of blood with bite marks in their necks, and a staked vampire. The humans were tossed aside, landed hard and have badly skinned knees but there’s no blood or bruising. Had their been anywhere near normal blood volume, there would be. Even if the wounds were post mortem, there should be seepage from them.”

“You said there was also a staked vampire?”

“Beside the trash cans. Once you remove the stake, you may get some answers but Mick told me never to remove a stake from a vampire I didn’t know.”

“Usually wise counsel for a human, but this vampire is dead. The stake contains a silver alloy that melts at low temperature and is absorbed. Of course, you can’t smell it. It was developed specifically for killing us.”

“By who?”

“An organization called the Legion that has been around for centuries. Maybe longer. I was unaware they operated in this hemisphere. A matter of time, I suppose. Please retain our telephone number. If they are now operating here in Los Angeles, you may need it again. You were correct to call us and have done well, Ms. Turner.”

“…vampires...

"...I can still hear her! Stupid human..."
Last edited by jen on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lucy
Ancient

Re: Cooperation - Challenge # 135 PG

Post by Lucy »

it's better to give than receive, especially when it's a silver stake... :clapping:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucy

No kidding!

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :flowers: :hearts:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Eek, the Legion strikes! :eek2: So Mick's on a first name basis with the Cleaners, huh? Why am I not surprised...? :laugh:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Nicely done, Jenna! :flowers:

I'm not surprised that Beth was the one to stumble upon two dead humans, a dead vampire, and a Legion weapon. She seems to attract this kind of thing. :laugh:

I like Mick's advice about the stake. :twothumbs:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Alle

Thank you so much for reading and reviewing this little piece.

I think that Mick has had contact with the Cleaners, even if he rarely uses their services. He, too, deals in messy situations.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Marigold

:snicker: Yeah. I think Mick would have told Beth something like that. If that vampire is really hungry, and odds are after being staked they would be, they would smell something right in front of them that was very appetizing and may not be able to control themselves (or maybe even want to)

Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

Jenna

BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

I love that all these characters have become so real to us (in a good way). I also love the advice Mick gave Beth.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

The Cleaner should be grateful that Beth called them and not the police. Mick's advice was very sound. The legion with deadly weapons - dangerous times for vampires are coming.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

BEM

Totally agree. First we were interested, then fascinated. Next, came the 'must-see-TV' stage. We came to care about what happened to these characters and then our imaginations became engaged and here we are...more than 250,000 posts later.

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! Makes my day.

Jenna

Last edited by jen on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Francis

Totally agree, but vampires on the show sometimes exhibited a rather low opinion of humans as a whole, and the Cleaner here was just doing that. Beth stood up for herself, though. The Cleaner knows that Beth did the right thing.

Originally, those last lines were going to be different. I changed them because I thought it was a little confusing, but after the Cleaner told Beth to keep their telephone number and that she had done well, Beth and the Cleaner walk away from each other and Beth mumbles, '...bet that hurt...' and the Cleaner, with her enhanced hearing hears Beth and mutters 'she has no idea...'

This could go into a LOT of different directions from here...

Jenna

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Hi, jen,
I think the alternative ending works too. Very much so.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

This is great, Jen. l love the mystery at the heart of this little piece, and we just didn't get enough of the Cleaners in the series. Who was Beth talking to at the end?
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Was it Beth talking to somebody at the end? I thought it was two cleaners talking to each other.. :chin:

Great piece, Jenna, so much in so little space. Mick cares for Beth and knows she gets into trouble more than enough, so he was bound to have given her proper advice. But even without his advice , she would never have called the police, would she? Seeing a staked vamp would be enough to remind her to saveguard the tribe's secret..

:clapping: :clapping:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

maggatha3 wrote:Was it Beth talking to somebody at the end? I thought it was two cleaners talking to each other.. :chin:

Great piece, Jenna, so much in so little space. Mick cares for Beth and knows she gets into trouble more than enough, so he was bound to have given her proper advice. But even without his advice , she would never have called the police, would she? Seeing a staked vamp would be enough to remind her to saveguard the tribe's secret..

:clapping: :clapping:
The ending is not clear. I need to fix that.

At the end, Beth and the Cleaner are walking away from each other. You know how sometimes you will have conversations that you don't think went as well as you hoped and you mutter something under your breath as you are leaving? Of course, with her enhanced hearing the Cleaner heard it.

Beth is looking out for the interests of the Tribe, but vampires don't seem to have a very high opinion of humans, almost as a rule.

Thank you so much for reading and commenting. Glad you pointed out the confusion at the end.

Thanks!

Jenna

Return to “jen's Office”