Legal Negotiations - Challenge #135 PG

A place for jen's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Legal Negotiations - Challenge #135 PG

Post by jen »

Disclaimer: Don't own Moonlght. No copyright infringment intended. Don't make any money doing this.

“He’s bluffing. Trust me, Brent, he doesn’t have a leg to stand on and he knows it. The law is totally on our side. He’s not entitled to that information, no matter how he whines and blusters. If he brings another subpoena, call me back but he won’t. I am in the middle of something, so I have to hang up. Play hardball. You’re doing fine.”

“Damn, I’m glad you work for me. Was that a hint of fang there?”

“No. Where were we?”

“I have to go to Japan in a couple of weeks to oversee a complete refit of some Kostan Industries offices in Tokyo. We didn’t think it would be necessary initially, but we’ll be finding problems for years.”

“You want someone from Legal to go?”

“Not necessary, but I won’t be here for your birthday. I’m sorry, Babe.”

“I’m a big girl, Josef. Besides, if I know you, you‘re going to make it up to me.”

“Here’s a down payment on that. The jeweler finished your birthday present early, so why wait. How about I take you out on Friday night and we can also celebrate your birthday when I get back?”

“Damn, I can’t. As much as I’d love to, I’m at a critical stage in some acquisition negotiations and have a meeting scheduled for Friday evening. If I screw them up…let‘s just say my employer wouldn’t be happy.”

“We can’t have that so, maybe you’ll have to make it up to me.”
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Marigold
Courtesan

Re: Legal Negotiations - Challenge #135 PG

Post by Marigold »

I'm glad that Josef has been spending time with Simone (This is Simone, right? :laugh: ). She is strong, smart, and independent. I hope that Sarah wakes up, but in the mean time, I don't want Josef to be alone.

Thanks, Jen! :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Marigold

Yes, this is Simone.

Simone is different from the women Josef has known throughout history (well, I'm guessing) more confident, and she stands up for herself.

Then again, any woman who can hold her own in a world where the odds are stacked against her, must be made of sterner stuff than we think.

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Last edited by jen on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

You really have a voice for Simone that I totally love. She is so tough and she's someone who stands up to Josef and he loves it.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Thanks, Francis!

I think Josef is a bit fascinated by Simone for many reasons.

Obviously, she is attractive. She is also tough, smart, and stands up for herself. If she didn't, she would not be working for Kostan industries. He knows how to spoil a woman (and has had lots of practice, I'll warrant) but she knows how to say no even to Josef. She does here, and he respects her all the more for it as she is putting his business interests ahead of their personal ones.

He has probably seen the gradual change in women's roles over the centuries, and enjoys it.

Jenna
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

A hint of fang?! I knew Simone had told Beth she had thought about being turned... :chin:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Alle

In this case, Josef was just alluding to how Simone can be tough in business. I really didn't intend to infer that she had been Turned at this point. I really think Josef appreciates how she can be a tough negotiator and not allow others to push her around. She knows her job and protects the interests of Kostan Industries, or she wouldn't be there.

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment!

Jenna
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

No wonder they are a pair... :laugh:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucy

Josef and Simone are both tough customers, and appreciate each other.

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. Feedback makes my day!

Jenna

SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

Simone, such a hard woman when it comes to the law but she can also have fun. One of my favourite relationships in FF is Josef and Simone :hug:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

SharonC

Sadly, that is where they live now. I would have loved to see that relationship played out onscreen.

Thanks for reading and reviewing

Jenna

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Yes, this is a side of Simone that we didn't see much of -- the tough, savvy lawyer. I really liked this quite adult interaction. Josef relies on her to know her job and takes a 'no' in his stride because business always comes first. I love the fact that he's willing to spoil her too -- jewellery *insert envious sigh*
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:Yes, this is a side of Simone that we didn't see much of -- the tough, savvy lawyer. I really liked this quite adult interaction. Josef relies on her to know her job and takes a 'no' in his stride because business always comes first. I love the fact that he's willing to spoil her too -- jewellery *insert envious sigh*
Luxe

As I see it, Josef has had a lot of time to become a collector of beautiful things, but he also prefers to multitask and have a tough, intelligent employee in a pretty package, if he can find one and he has in
Simone.

Everyone tends to play to their strengths, and I'll bet Simone has learned to trade on her good looks and use them to make a legal opponent view her as more eye candy than tough attorney. It is a tool she uses to get what she wants and Josef enjoys the show of her fluttering the 'Bambi' eyelashes and then closing the trap...ouch!

I would expect there have been a few vampire jokes between them...

Thank you very much for reading and leaving the lovely comment!

Jenna

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

allegrita wrote:A hint of fang?! I knew Simone had told Beth she had thought about being turned... :chin:
LOL -- I thought that too, Alle, but alas....no. Or at least not yet.

I did like Josef and Simone on the show. One of many storylines ripe for exploration left on the Moonlight cutting room floor. This was a nice peek at their business and personal relationship. Thank goodness for you fanfic writers!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Moonlighter

Thanks for checking this out.

Simone must have caught Josef's eye for her legal skills before he came to appreciate...other things.

Return to “jen's Office”