Twists of Fate Chapter 20 (PG-13)

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Twists of Fate Chapter 20 (PG-13)

Post by francis »

Thank you so much to my beta Redwinter101. I had difficulties getting the scene with Coraline and Josh right, she helped a lot at that part. As always, none of this belongs to me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link from chapter 19:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3952&p=85742#p85742
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next day we were going back and forth with the bouncer, Alan Smith. Carl was playing good cop and I was playing bad cop. Alan wasn’t cooperating, sitting in the interrogation room sweating and twisting. He was so nervous there had to be something, but it seemed he was more afraid of someone else than of us. He didn’t even want an attorney.

„Listen,“ he told us for the umpteenth time. „I haven’t done anything wrong. I’m just the doorman to the VIP room. I don’t know what’s going on there. I have strict orders to let only invited people in, and other than that I don’t know anything.“

„Who owns the club?“ I asked, supporting myself on the desk in front of him, trying to appear menacing by invading his personal space.

His eyes twitched. „I don’t know her name. I hardly ever met her.“

„So it’s a woman. Age?Build? Occupation? Address?“

He buried his face in his hands. „No idea. She’s blond, quite tall and slim. Around late twenties I guess. Wears lots of make-up and jewellery. I don’t know anything about her personal life.“

We took a break. Carl was unimpressed. „That description doesn’t get us anywhere. Do you think we should change strategy, threaten him with prosecution?“

„Could work. He’s thinking of himself as a victim. Maybe it’s time to show him what his future might look like.“

When we entered the room again Carl started softly. „Mr. Smith, think of all the young people who collapsed because of that drug. Don’t you take at least a bit of responsibility for that? Give us something to work with, to find the source. The club runs in your name, if I recall correctly.“

He paled. „Look, I’m a damn doorman is all, okay? I just create a cool factor.“

I took my cue. „Let’s think how a jury will see it. First, they’ll see three people dead from a drug bought in your club. Three innocents who bought your marketing, the best high ever. You see how this looks? You're a predator. These kids are your victims.“

I could see his resolve crumble. He was such a coward that he would sell his boss to us if it got him out of prison.
„I want a deal. Immunity and I'll give you Lola. She makes the drugs. I can tell you where she is.“
I tried not to smile, but I felt like pumping my fist into the air. „How about this? You wear a wire and say exactly what we tell you to.“
He had already given up and knew the rest was out of his control. We decided to wait for nightfall before we raided the drug factory and sniffed out Lola.
xxxxxxxxxxx
I took the afternoon to prepare for the long night ahead and hurried home to get a shower and a shave. I planned on taking a nap, going through my mail, cleaning up a bit. It felt good to have a little peace and quiet. It was going to be a big night and I needed to be ready.

I had just finished dressing when there was an unexpected knock at the door; when I opened it I was confronted by Morgan. I had no idea what to say, standing there like an idiot with my mouth gaping open.

„Don’t you want to let me in?“ she asked, her voice a subtle mix of sultry and innocent.

I opened the door wider and gestured her to come in. She sashayed to the couch and I finally found my voice. „Do you want something to drink?“

„A glass of wine if you have it,“ she answered. I took my time getting a bottle and opening it. She looked comfortable and more confident than before, as if she knew exactly what she wanted. She looked glamorous today, her hair styled differently, wavy and glossy, her skin luminescent. Her look was completed with scarlet lips and a black dress that clung to every curve.

I offered her the glass and sat down opposite. „Why are you here?“ I asked.

„I heard you broke up with Beth,“ she began, her tone neutral.

„I don’t see how that’s any of your business. Last I heard I was just a nice guy to be with and Beth was better off without me.“

She tried to look shocked but I knew it was a lie; she knew I’d overheard her little chat with Beth.

„Oh. Did you hear us talking? Well, I never said you were my one true love, you know that. I just wanted to offer her a little comfort, and to warn her about the new guy.“

„How is he your business?“

„I’m just concerned for a colleague is all. And I’m concerned about you, Josh. This raid could be dangerous.“

„We’re only there to find a drug supplier. What could be dangerous about that?“

She inched closer, as if to tell me a secret. In a low and serious voice she told me, „Because the owner is a vampire.“

I was stunned by her nerve. How could she come here and jerk me around? I still had no idea what she wanted from me.

I didn’t flinch. I didn’t laugh.

„What do you think?“ she finally asked.

„That you really think I’m dumb, or you have a funny sense of humour.“

She smiled. „Of course you wouldn’t believe me. Because there’s no such thing as vampires, right? But I can assure you there are. All over L.A. You just have to know where to look. I’m sure that you know one or two and just don’t realize.“

I stood up and paced. „Let’s say you’re right, there are creatures like that. Let’s just pretend you didn’t just watch too much TV. Then, how can the vampires hide their existence from the press? From the police? If they kill people, someone must notice.“

„I didn’t say they killed people. They can drink blood without killing. Some steal from the Red Cross, others have their own personal donors. Some take runaways, or homeless people. How many murders in the area are never solved? How many missing persons are never found?“

Well that, at least,made sense. The numbers stacked up. „So why are you telling me about them?“

„I want to warn you because Lola, the owner of Club Valis, is powerful. She’s the oldest vampire in L.A. and it’s not smart to cross her. She’s making a fortune with that drug.“

„How do you know?“

„I’ve been aware of the vampire community for a while, and I was at the club to see what it’s all about. I’m risking my life telling you, but I couldn’t bear it if something happened to you during the raid. I trust that you’ll keep this a secret.“

„If the owner really is a vampire, how can I arrest her? Surely people will notice something off about her?“

„You can’t. You have to let her get away. It’s easy, she’s strong and she’s quick. Just make sure she gets an escape without creating too many problems for yourself. If you arrest her, she’ll do whatever she has to and people will get hurt. Worse, the secret will be out. Lola doesn’t really care; she thinks she’s above all that.“

„I need a drink. You want one, too?“

„Yeah, a little Scotch would be fine.“

I poured each of us a tumbler with a bit of ice. I wanted her relaxed and I needed answers.

„Okay. I’ll just pretend you’re right, and I’ll be careful. But if this is just a ruse to keep your friend Lola out of jail…“

„I swear it isn’t. I don’t really know her. I’m concerned about you.“ She stood up and came over, her arms around me, laying her head on my shoulder. Her fragrant perfume enveloped me.

Concern was etched in her face. „I was just trying to be helpful. I’m sorry that I caused the break-up. I didn’t mean to do that. Consequences aren’t really my strong suit. I’m truly sorry. Did I ruin our friendship?“

I sat down. „I’m not sure. How can I trust you? I just don’t know how to deal with the fact that you seem to have insider information that you only share with me when it suits you.“

She played with a tissue in her hands. „I don’t have a lot of people in my life. Having you with me in the park was nice. I liked being with you. I miss you. So I looked for a way to get back into your good graces, but I think I blew it.“

More excuses, or was it the truth this time? „So about vampires. You were being serious, right? What am I supposed to do with that information? Can you give me some proof?“

She smiled. „I think you’re already suspicious about someone who could be a vampire. They never eat. They get sick when subjected to too much sun, but can be out in daylight if they don’t overdo it. They have superhuman abilities, great strength, great senses. They can smell blood from far away and tell you what kind of person it’s from.“

She was describing precisely what I had collected about Mick St. John. Maybe she was telling the truth. Maybe.

Suddenly I felt hot, the light was too bright, and I went to shut the blinds. When I looked back at Morgan she was beaming, opening her arms to me. She smelled delicious, like fresh bread and roses. The air was thick with emotion and there were swirls of light and colors around me.

I shook my head. What was happening? I made it to the couch and when I touched Morgan her skin was so soft, I had to touch her again. She laughed.

I groaned, the need to hold her overwhelming. „Did you slip me a Mickey?“ I asked.

She smiled. „I gave you what Lola sells. Isn’t it a great feeling? There are no side effects, if you don’t overdo the silver. Let yourself go, Josh. Feel what it’s like to be a vampire.“

I couldn’t concentrate on what she was saying; I was mesmerized by the sound of her voice. She took a small vial out of her pocket, glass with an intricate, silvery cap, on a long black lace. I lunged for it, but she pulled away.

I looked at her incredulously. „Did you take it, too?“

She laughed. „I don’t need it, Josh.“

And then she changed. Her eyes bled to white, her face paled, and when she opened her mouth I could see two sharp fangs. This couldn’t be happening.

I scrambled to my feet, but she caught me easily around the waist and pulled me back. She began to stroke my back, my arms, and I couldn’t help but reciprocate. She was exquisite, her skin fragrant and cool to the touch.

„My real name is Coraline. I won’t hurt you, Josh, I promise. I want you in my life, in my world. Don’t you see how great this life can be when you are a vampire? The drug gives you an idea how I feel all the time.“

„But I saw you eat!“

„I was human for a while, but it’s over now. Don’t ask, it’s complicated.“ She began to kiss my jaw, my neck. Her eyes turned back to normal. „Stop thinking, Josh.“

And so I did. We kissed for a long time, sitting on the couch. I couldn’t get enough of the feel of her hair and her skin. Her lips held a lingering taste of Scotch and wine, but underneath was something I had never tasted before. I started to push her dress up to get to the creamy skin of her thighs, my other hand tugging at her zipper.

She moaned and raked her hands under my shirt, scratching my back lightly. I pulled away to help her push it over my head. She sat up for a moment to get out of her dress. Underneath, she wore only lacy panties and perfume.
I feasted my eyes on her petite form. She pulled at my belt and opened it. I stopped her, pulling her up. „This time I want you in my bed.“

She smiled. Still wearing her heels she sashayed towards the bedroom. When she reached the doorway she turned around and looked at me with such a hunger in her eyes, a hunger that matched my own.

I joined her, sitting on the bed to remove my shoes. When I straightened up she straddled me and pushed me down. Her cool body moved against me and I lost track of everything but the sensation. When I couldn’t stand it any more I shifted and pulled her to me, removing the last of our clothes, drawing in her scent. I had to taste her. She moaned, drawing me close, showing me what she needed. It felt good to be wanted, to make her feel good.

Tracking kisses up her body, reaching her mouth again, I was caught by the flare in her eyes, alternating between dark and silver, as if she wasn’t able to control herself anymore. She stroked my back and pulled me closer. „Take me, Josh. Don’t be afraid, I won’t hurt you.“

I pushed into her, and we began to move in unison. My senses hightened by the drug, it was the most surreal experience I ever had. It was as if the air shifted everytime we moved, as if I could sense everything she felt. Every nerve, every fibre was electrified. She closed her eyes, sniffing along the line of my jaw, drawing a trail down my neck with her tongue. I shivered, a mix of anticipation and fear, wondering if she would bite me. Soon I wasn’t thinking anything, consumed by the powerful feelings her body elicited from mine.

The sensations as I came were incredible, a passion my body had never known. She shuddered and moaned, biting into her hand. Our eyes locked once more, smile meeting smile as I tried to catch my breath.

Afterwards, we lay on the couch, limbs intertwined, and she painted intricate patterns on my chest with her index finger. I inspected her hand, but the bite had healed without a trace. My thoughts were jumbled, too much to think about.

„Is it like that all the time for you? The sound, the light, the scent? It’s overwhelming.“

„I know. You learn to block it out most of the time. The drug gives you a high like nothing else. There are no hallucinations, no intoxication. You just have a higher awareness of everything. You feel invincible, super-human, like nothing can touch you. Wouldn’t you want to feel that way, once in a while or permanently? Didn’t you ever get high in college?“

„I never did drugs. And especially not now I’m on the other side of the law.“

„You’re no fun. Haven’t you ever wondered what it would feel like to be immortal, to have heightened senses, to feel more, to explore the world?“

But a drug wouldn’t make me invincible. It was no alternative to actually living and doing the right thing. What kind of person was Morgan to offer me something like that?

„Morgan, Coraline, you know what you’re doing is illegal. You’re offering an illegal drug…“

She interrupted. „Nothing illegal, it’s not even listed. It’s not toxic, as long as you don’t overdo it. The only downside is the high amount of silver.“

„Why did you want me to take it? I have work to do later. I need a level head. Are you connected to the drug source, to Lola? Are you trying to put me out of commision?“

She looked down, clearly wounded by my accusation, but I wasn’t falling for it. She had an agenda.

Then she began to cry. „I just thought you would appreciate getting the inside scoop on how this drug works. And I wanted you to know what it feels like to be like me, a vampire. If you don’t want it, okay. Here’s the vial, take it, I don’t need it anyway.“

She scrambled to her feet and began to put her clothes on.

I stood up. „I’m sorry, Morgan. This is just all a bit too much for me. I need some time, okay? I mean, an hour ago I didn’t know vampires existed, and now you are one, and there are more – it’s a lot to take in.“

She turned around. „I understand, Josh. But I need to go now.“

She gathered her belongings and left. I looked at my watch. 5:40 pm. It was gonna be a long night.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link to chapter 21:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4307&p=97443#p97443
Last edited by francis on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coco
Cleaner

Re: Twists of Fate Chapter 20 (R)

Post by coco »

Wonderful interaction between Coraline and Josh, francis. :thumbs:

Fabulous continuation to one of my favourite stories. :biggrin:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Wow, Josh took some B.C. And Morgan/Coraline outed the community to the assistant DA!!!!! Wow!!! Will Josh want to be turned? This story is getting better and better. Oh, wait...will Josh confront Beth about what he knows and his suspicions about Mick? And will Beth tell Mick??????
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Wow--what will Josh do now??!! Will he be hunting for Mick??!! I love this story and can't wait to see what happens next... :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :gasp: :eek2: :dizzy: :stir: :slappy: :swords: :seesaw: :island: :scarycat: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :worship: :heart: :rose: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Twists of Fate Chapter 20 (PG-13)

Post by francis »

Thank you, coco, wollstonecraft and mitzie. You will have to wait and see. For now, Josh is very careful about what he knows now, he is a thinker and very patient. What Coraline gets out of this, well, only she knows. :wave:
VampFan5
Rogue vampire

Post by VampFan5 »

This was amazing Francis. How did I miss this update the first time? I loved how Coraline is so subtle and seduces Josh. I can see a similar scenario when she first went after Mick. Now we know how she could spin a web of sex and lust to get him ensnared. At least Josh is a better man and came to his senses afterwards. He has an innate sense of justice and right and wrong that Mick was lacking when Coraline turned him. I think he developed a conscience over time. Well done.

VF5 :hyper2: :thumbs:
Travis and the Tar Pit Tails.....a story by VampFan5
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Can Josh handle this?

I think he can--knowing that vampires exist is one thing. But if Coraline is planning on a repeat of Mick, and she might be, I don't know if Josh has the internal resources to come out of that.

Could be. We are deep into AU land now

Lovely!

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you for reading, jen. I'm glad you like it.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Fabulous reread!

I honestly don't know whether to believe Coraline/Morgan or not. Then again, I may just be having an unbelievably naive moment.

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Twists of Fate”