Long Story Short (PG-13)

A place for Francis' G to PG-13 stories
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Long Story Short (PG-13)

Post by francis »

This was written for champaigne challenge #126 (Keep it short). It has exactly 500 words. I did plan it a bit shorter, but Josef can be a bit verbose.
No characters were harmed with this story. No copyright infringement intended.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Long story short
Mick was working on some files in his office when there was a knock. He took a sniff. Mustiness and chemical compounds, with a strong side of Josef. Curious, he opened the door.

Josef was standing there, in his best business attire, Armani suit, Italian shoes and a silk tie. But he was dripping with dark brown fluid as if he was rained on by a snowblower after running through a puddle of mud.
He looked at Mick pleadingly from under wet bangs. “Will you let me in already?”

Mick came out of his stupor. He led Josef to the living room and let him sit down in one of his stylish grate chairs. After getting some blood and whisky for them both, he finally asked.
“What the hell happened to you?”

“It’s a long story.”

“Then you better get started.”

“You know the accountant I employed half a year ago? The brunette with the nice backside?”

“Yeah. Did she shove you into the mud?”

“Just wait. 28 days ago I realized she was dating the accountant of my biggest rival.”

“So you threw her out?”

“Will you just wait, please? I heard that they had a big row a week ago and she was ready to split up.”

“How do you always hear the gossip?”

“I pay attention to my secretaries. Especially during lunch hour. Well, I asked her to have a conference with me and we planned a mutually beneficial action: She would pretend to be in love with him some more, and get some important information out of him, so by the time she would really dump him, I would be able to slay the competition and get him out of his job. She agreed.”

“But what does this have to do with you being all wet and dirty?”

“Patience, Mick. Besides, I always play dirty. Anyway, today she asked me to meet her at the Page Museum to exchange information. When I got there, her accountant was there too, as was my rival, a vampire, by the way.” He took a gulp of whiskey laced blood and swigged the fluid around in the tumbler.

“What happened?”

“We had a fight.”

“So?”

“The accountant was a vampire, too. And my accountant was his wife and soon-to-be fledgling.”

“So what?”

Josef looked away and spoke in a small voice. „I fell into the tar pits. That is, they threw me.“

Mick laughed gleefully. “I knew it. So, what do you want from me now?”

Josef turned on his pleading puppy dog eyes. “Can I take a shower and borrow some clothes? I don’t want my freshies to see me like this.”

Mick smiled. “Be my guest. Just don’t expect me to never talk about it again.”

Josef sighed. “I knew you would milk this for what it’s worth. At least Beth didn’t see me.”

A voice from the stairs made him whip around. “What are you two up to now?”

Josef groaned. He would never live this down.

xxxxxxxxx
Last edited by francis on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catravers
Freelance freshie

Re: Long Story Short (PG-13)

Post by catravers »

This is fabulous francis.

Now that Beth knows, she will never let Josef forget it. I love it when Josef gets his own back. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Cat :cheer:
Kylara
Fledgling

Post by Kylara »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Banner by Phoenix
LadyAilith
Fledgling

Post by LadyAilith »

*Snicker* *SNORT*
LadyAilith :rose:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

:coffee: Well Josef can't win all the time! :snicker: And I'd love to see what clothes of Mick's Josef would actually wear!

:giggle:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
Lovely answer to the challenge francis. :flowers: Thank you!
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

:rolling: :rolling: I love it! He will never hear the end of it.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Francis, this is great!!!

Now Josef gets the opportunity to love awkward from an entirely new perspective!

Josef Kostan, climbing out of the tarpits. Wonder if he ran into any familiar corpses. :rolling: :rolling:

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
OnceBitTwiceShy
Freelance freshie

Post by OnceBitTwiceShy »

This was laugh out loud funny! What a terrific job. You know the first place Josef goes when he is in trouble. But now he has both Mick and Beth to tease him!

Wonder how he will follow up with the rival and the accountants;)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Love this!!! :heart:

The banter between Josef and Mick is perfect, with Josef trying to tell the story with the best possible spin. I can see Mick trying (not too hard) to hide a grin. The ending was a fun surprise with Beth being privy to Josef's embarrassment. :mdrama:

You just know neither Mick nor Beth will ever let him live this down :snicker:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ohhhhh, my looooord... :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: I can just see Mick with his forefinger pressing against his upper lip, trying desperately not to laugh... :snicker: And then Beth shows up! :coffee: Poooor Josef. :comfort2:

Imagine the ramifications of this! :gasp: If word gets out that Josef has been thrown into the Tar Pits, he might have to think of a new way to rid himself of people who piss him off! Oh, man... let's see... hmmmmmmmm....

Well, if they're vamps, he can use that incinerator at the hospital. They don't seem to notice when it's used to vaporize inconvenient rogues now and then.... :laugh:

And if they're human, maybe he could buy himself a pig farm... I hear they are very useful for eliminating evidence... :eek2: On second thought, never mind. :puke:

I suppose he could go back to using the Cleaners again... I mean yeah, you do have to pay for the service, but they are really good at getting rid of evidence.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Hilarious!! I've waited a long time to see Josef get his comeuppance. :rolling: :rolling:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

He's lucky they didn't stake him before throwing him in. It would have taken some time for the stake to rot away. :laugh:
Mick is a good friend, he tried not to giggle through the whole conversation. :2eyes:
Beth is another deal. :snicker:
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:cheer: I LOVED this! :rolling: Though I quake at the idea of Josef getting a taste of his own medicine. ( And the revenge he may take afterwards...) What can he do!?
And Beth walking in at the perfect moment...? :notworthy: It's just one of those moments that makes you grin from ear to ear...
:flowers: Thank you! :flowers:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Oh, My!! I love this! :rolling: :rolling:
banner by Cprav

Return to “Francis' Office”