Unforgettable (PG-13) (First Line Challenge #114)

A place for Francis' G to PG-13 stories
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Unforgettable (PG-13) (First Line Challenge #114)

Post by francis »

Lucy wrote:
allegrita wrote:Oh, this is great. I love your twists, and this one... well, this one has so many unanswered questions. If Mick wasn't turned by Coraline, when was he turned, and by whom...? How old is he?! And yeah--what's going to happen when Coraline finds out Mick's a vampire--'cause I'm pretty sure this Mick wouldn't wait as long as Coraline did, to bite... :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:

Sorry, just went off into happy-vamp-Mick dreamland for a second there... :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:

Well, francis did so well to cause all these questions that she should go on, right, Allegrita? (I'll lead a fan club for the tales' continuance) :cheer:
Is that so? Well, I'll see if I can sacrifice my weekend to do this. :mdrama:
I have some ideas that will probably answer allegrita's questions. And I'm sure he won't wait long, too. I think I'll take Lucy's sig picture as inspiration. :twothumbs:
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

My, my, my, how the tables have turned! (No pun intended...well, maybe just a little). But this does beg the question of who did turn Mick if the roles are reversed now? And how will Coraline react being in Mick's former shoes? Hmmmm...
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

I know you're back from vacation.....and probably so busy......but have your muses unearthed any more of this??? :chin:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I would LOVE to let my muses run rampage with this instead of grading tests, but unfortunately I need to work, and Advent is coming up, and I'll spend the night with my 8th graders on Friday (not that we're in a great relationship or anything, but we agreed on a pyjama party), and we have a conference on Tuesday, and I still have my bronchitis...

No, I'm not bitching. Just explaining rationally why I haven't written a word yet. :rolling:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

francis wrote:I would LOVE to let my muses run rampage with this instead of grading tests, but unfortunately I need to work, and Advent is coming up, and I'll spend the night with my 8th graders on Friday (not that we're in a great relationship or anything, but we agreed on a pyjama party), and we have a conference on Tuesday, and I still have my bronchitis...

No, I'm not bitching. Just explaining rationally why I haven't written a word yet. :rolling:
Bronchitis!!!! NO, not into the Holiday! That is just not fair.
:comfort:
All the other duties are to be expected in your RL setting, Bronchitis is cruel and unusual punishment.
(I get it frequently because of my asthma.....Please get better!)

You know when the words are ready, we'll be happy to read them.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Francis

This is amazing.

The characters we know and love are suddenly redesigned, infused with new depth and the heroes and villains have changed.

The only one who is very much the same, is Josef.

Thank you!

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

In total agreement with all the other comments. Fabulous twist, francis. :clapping:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Oooops, Coraline's mind in Mick's body? Is he going to turn her without asking first..doesn't seem possible...there is still a fine line between those two..Lovely ML twist, francis :flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, coco and maggatha3! That was fun to write. :batseyes:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Just revisiting old challenges. I love this role/reversal.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I hadn't read this one before. Very interesting twist on the ML universe! Glad it was bumped!

:thanks:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Neat idea! :hearts: We are familiar with the characters and setting, but there are a few major changes in this world.

You really did justice to Coraline's character. :notworthy:

Thank you, Francis! :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm so glad this one got bumped up, I loved it the first time around, and all of my questions are still fizzing in my head! :hyper: But even with no sequel, it's wonderfully fun to enjoy this little gem of a twisty story for its beautiful self. :notworthy:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, dear readers! A sequel was never intended, but maybe some time the muse will speak. :rose:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Francis

Read this some time ago, but it is even better in this reread!

This rearrangement of characters and types is intriguing.

Mick is Mick and yet...not. We actually see more of him than we ever saw of Coraline and were left in many ways to sketch out her personality based on what Mick and Josef said about her, and that was very, very shaded by their perspectives.

Josef is still Josef, though and appears to be heading to New York too early!!!! He needs to wait for a few years so he can meet Sarah Whitley at that train station.

Surely Mick would have better sense than to Turn Coraline without talking to her first!?!?!?!?!

Love the idea about that sequel! Maybe it could explain how Josef was convinced to stay in L.A. for a couple of years when Mick fell so hard for a 'human' and Josef had to stay to keep an eye on him. You could have Coraline raving to her best friend Cynthia about this handsome, rich man she met at a party where she sang with the band and about Coraline's love for and talent for untangling mysteries. She may decide to apply her talents to unravelling the mystery that is Mick St. John! :gasp:

Go Francis!!!!!!! :cheer:

Thank you!

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Francis' Office”