His Blood Part 2 - the bathtub in Fever, unusual POV (PG-13)

A place for Francis' G to PG-13 stories
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

His Blood Part 2 - the bathtub in Fever, unusual POV (PG-13)

Post by francis »

This is the scene of Mick in the bathtub in Fever, told from the POV of his blood. If you read part 1 you will be familiar with the internal monologue Mick's blood has from time to time.
No copyright infringement intended.

I’m not one to bitch about life, but today I was feeling entitled to complain. We had been out in the sun all day, hadn’t fed since dawn and I was going down fast. If a doctor got his hands on me he would find that my hemoglobin was deteriorating, there wasn’t enough water in me and I was starting to coagulate. My waste products were accumulating and coloring his eyes a sickly yellow.
I wasn’t concerned about his complexion, but the way his temperature was rising I was only centigrades away from popping my corpuscles.

What I couldn’t understand was that he refused to help me. We were best friends, and he kind of needed me, but the only concession to my state was that he dropped himself into ice cold water. There was a perfectly capable source of nourishment in the next room, smelling really good of estrogen and adrenaline, but he refused to get up and hunt her.

When she bashed in, waving some sweets in his face, I tried to convince him. I pushed the vampire in him, using everything I had inherited from Coraline, to make him grab her, but he balled his fists so I couldn’t extend the talons and recoiled from the mere suggestion to bite her. I wouldn’t have taken too much, I promised, but he didn’t let me. He shouted at her to get out, fearing that I could override his resolve if she didn’t.

Much later, when we were lying still in the melting ice, his brain hallucinating pictures and emotions of feeding fresh, a memory decades old. His eyes only seeing a red haze, he was still trying to ignore the heartbeat and the blood scent coming from next door.

I understood that he punished me for being tainted by Coraline, for making him hungry, but I wished the torture would go away. I punished him by giving him more hunger, more pain. He was strong, but so was I. In the end we both were paralized, not getting anywhere, not dying, not recovering either.

White hot pain was flowing along with me, sloshing in his veins, moving as slowly as the tepid water he was lying in. He had tensed all his muscles when the cold hit, and then when the human came in, but now he couldn’t do that any more. Too weak to fight anymore he let go, sunk into the water, ceased breathing. Normally I didn’t need as much oxygen as human blood, but in my sick state it would have helped. I begged. I raged. It didn’t lead anywhere, he was too sick by now to get out of the tub. He didn’t react, not to the pain, not to the hunger pangs.

And then she came in. The one he was thinking about all the time since a few weeks ago, the one with the enticing scent, the bold one with the adrenaline and the spikes in her heartbeat when she was angry. But he had told me before that she was not food, never, that I couldn’t have her.

I wanted. Never have I wanted something so much, not even when he was a mere fledgling. I would have taken anything by now, but to have her blood dangled in front of me – imagine being starved to death and having a feast laid out before you.

She touched him, moved him up, took his face. She yelled at him. Dumb move to wake a dying vampire. I sang. I sang to her blood, the untainted, holy, sweet blood. It sang back to me, unfazed by the fact that I was planning on taking what I needed, on killing her, because I would need a lot, I would need everything. More than she would be able to give.

They talked, and it was as if he had forgotten that he was a vampire. He talked to her like a drowning man who had been rescued, in wonder that she would come to him, that she would care. She hadn’t rescued him from drowning, not yet.

And then her blood sang of pain, of the pain of loss, of friendship and companionship and connection, of sacrifice and denial. It sang to me that it would let me have it, everything, whatever I needed. Unconditionally and without regrets.

I couldn’t wait any longer. He asked her to take control, to tell him when to stop. As if.

I wouldn’t let go until I was sated, I knew that. And then he finally let go, grabbed her arm, his eyes bled of color, and bit her forcefully, starving in a hunger she would never understand.

The first few mouthful were just enough to dose the white pain, the red haze. Then he started to taste her, and I started to absorb her into myself. It was like she blanketed me in love, like she smoothed me in nurturing goodness. Everything about her blood was right. I didn’t have to scrounge, to rape, to kill. She gave it to me.

Her untainted essence filled me up, flowed into the cold recesses of the limbs I could no longer reach, warmed and thrilled them. And suddenly, I heard her heartbeat flutter, and I knew I would have to let go. I had taken not nearly enough to be strong again, but it was enough to survive until I could have more. And so I told him to let her go.

And he did.

Just like that, he did. It surprised me that I didn’t have to fight him, like I had to fight him to bite in the first place.

We both knew that we couldn’t taint her sacrifice by killing her. She had balmed our rage in kindness, and we wouldn’t take advantage of that. She had made us whole again, sated us beyond what a pint of blood could. She sated our needs on not only one level, but all of them.

That’s when we fell in love.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: His Blood Part 2 - the bathtub in Fever, unusual POV (PG-13)

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

hmmm.... you're building up quite an interesting picture with these fics francis. You really have a wonderful imagination.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Loved this! This was the third entity in the room. Loved the ending! :heart: :heart:
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

francis, this was superb. That last line was so poignant. "That's when we fell in love." I think that's when most of us fell in love with Mick, Mick/Beth, Moonlight, the whole package. Very well done. :clapping:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oooooh! This is amazing! What a cool perspective and what a cool thought process!

It really makes that scene sing even more than it already does... you KNOW next time I see it, I'm gonna be thinking about the blood's v/o! :clapping:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, Luxe, Helloeeze, woll and wpgrace. This just came to me when I was working on something else.
draco
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by draco »

I'm glad you wrote a next chapter to this story. That was very good and gave a new explanation to the battle you can see in his eyes while he is starving and denying his only chance of survival in the show.
Hope yxou will continue with this story. Very intruding. :hug:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Oh, this is wonderful, francis. :clapping:

I really do love your POV's. Such imagination. :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
kpyle
Freelance freshie

Post by kpyle »

This was lovely! It explaines further the struggle going on inside of him! You have a wonderful imagination, and I am so glad that you are sharing it with us! Thank You!! :heart:

Kelly
Thank you Pinkie for my Amazing Banner!
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

This is just so beautiful, francis!!!! :rose: Your creativity and writing always amaze me! Excellent POV!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :cloud9: :biggrin: :happysigh: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :heart: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
Kylara
Fledgling

Post by Kylara »

An unusual POV and the way you play with the words make this story really unique. So beautifully written... :clapping:

Kylara
Banner by Phoenix
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

That WAS unusual, francis. But made perfect sense. I've often though the phrase "Beth's blood spoke to him", so why not his own blood? And boy would they have some intersting converstions! Like this one. At war with each other in the beginning but in total agreement that they wanted and needed Beth.
That’s when we fell in love.
*sigh* *big grin* I agree, I think this was a solidifying moment for Mick (and his blood).
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

How lovely!

The vampire in him loves her, too. How could he not? She loves that part of him, too. Beth is 'all in' and they better get used to it.

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

Brillant! i love it, amazing
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you for your comments!
draco, I like this POV very much, let’s see what the muse cooks up next.
coco, thank you!
kpyle, thank you so much. I like torturing Mick…
Mitzie, thanks. Your smilies say it all.
Kylara, thank you. Sometimes it just flows.
GA, thank you. Yes, this was the moment. It took him very deeply, in his blood.
jen, yes, how could he not? Someone who is willing to sacrifice herself, what’s not absolutely to love about her?
ash, thank you.

Return to “Francis' Office”