Remembrances; chapter 4 (PG)

A place for crazy fluffy's G to PG-13 stories
crazy fluffy
Freelance freshie

Remembrances; chapter 4 (PG)

Post by crazy fluffy »

A week later then I wanted, but here it is...chapter 4. Hope you enjoy it. :teeth:
Thanks again to francis for the translation. :hug:

Europe, France, 2009:

Cary ran with purpose through the wide hallways of the mansion, while his nimble fingers were grasping the cell phone in his left hand. In front of the wooden door that led to the dining room he stopped finally and tried to get control over the slight shivering that had come over him in the meantime. He knew exactly how much his master hated to be disturbed while eating. He prayed silently that the caller on the other end of the line had a really good message for his master. Otherwise it was possible that he would leave the room one head shorter.

“Sir is dining and doesn’t want to be disturbed”, the servant standing in front of the door warned him and stepped into his way.
“I know. But it’s really important, I need to go to him”, Cary answered and stroked back his blond hair nervously that fell into his face constantly. The caller had insisted to talk to his master immediately and insisted on the importance of his call, even when Cary had told him that the master was dining at the moment.

“Believe me, once I brought him the news, he won’t think about the crude interruption of his meal. He would take it more badly if you don’t let me talk to him immediately”, the caller had said and Cary truly hoped that he was right. He nodded to the servant to confirm his request.
“As you wish”, the other murmured and let him pass.

Cary lifted his right hand and knocked shortly before opening the door just enough to slip into the hall behind it. His master was busy enjoying his meal, which sat in the form of a beautiful young blonde on his knees and in whose neck he had buried his fangs.
„Sir...“, Cary said softly and stood in a respectful distance.
His master stopped drinking and lifted his head to stare at him furiously.
“What’s the matter?”, he hissed irritated. “Don’t you see I’m busy?”
“Yes, of course, Sir, but…”
“I hope you have a very good excuse to disturb my meal”, he was interrupted again impatiently.
Cary trembling held his left hand with the cell phone to him. “Someone called for you, Sir, and insisted on talking to you at once. He said he has an important message for you concerning a certain Mick St. John and a Beth Turner”, Cary talked swiftly.
“Really?” he asked with interest. The woman on his lap seemed to not interest him any longer. He shoved her away roughly and the slightly dazed woman stumbled towards Cary, who could just catch her before she tumbled to the ground.
His master impatiently beckoned him with his hand. “The phone, come on.”
“Of course, Sir.” Cary let the woman slip to the ground cautiously and then stepped forward swiftly to give him the cell phone.
“You have information for me?” his master asked. Then he didn’t talk for quite a while and just listened. “Good, very good”, he then said and ended the call. He smiled. “Cary, you were lucky, this was really important.”
“I am very pleased, Sir.”
Sir lifted the right eyebrow questioningly. “For you or for me?”
Cary almost swallowed his tongue. “For you of course, Sir”, he answered quickly and then looked at the woman lying in front of him on the ground. “Ahm, your meal, Sir?” he asked insecure.
His master waved him aside. “No time anymore, and she wasn’t very good to begin with.”
“I understand. Sorry, Sir.” Cary bowed and lifted the young woman up.
With a wave his master dismissed him and he quickly walked out of the hall. Outside he closed the door with a relieved gasp and gave the woman to the servant.
“Sir Lance told me that his meal wasn’t very tasty”, he said.
The servant nodded and went to get rid of the woman.
Cary on the other hand had to sit down on the floor for a moment. He had survived. He had disturbed his master’s dinner and still lived. He watched the servant with the young woman in his arms and almost felt pity for her. Contrary to himself she would probably not survive another day.

Los Angeles, 2009:

„Damn“, Josef swore and stood a little dazed. “What in hell was that?”
Mick shrugged and lifted himself up, too. “No idea. But we have to find Beth as soon as possible.”
“Your girlfriend sure can pack a punch”, Josef remarked and stroked over the smarting left side of his face.
“I trained with her so she could defend herself”, Mick answered dryly.
“Ah. Did you tell her that she should only beat the bad boys?”, Josef asked sarcastically.
Mick just looked up to the sky. “She has left the house, I presume. Come on, let’s go outside!”
“And you know where the little birdie has flown?”, Josef asked while the two men were standing in front of the house and Mick tried to find out where Beth had gone.
“Yes, I think she chose the road to the city. We have to find her before she attacks someone. The next house is approximately a mile away. We have to hurry to catch up on her.”
“Or we hope that her blood thirst has gone in the meantime, or I see no chance for the people living in that house”, Josef added.
The two vampires ran until Beth’s scent lead them to a white house at the roadside where they stopped now.
“Do you smell that?”, Mick asked and turned around to Josef, who nodded. He could smell the scent of blood very clearly. The both went to the house, where the scent got stronger. Cautiously Josef opened the door, which was only pursed. It was totally dark in the house. They both entered and looked around. Mick went from the hall to where he suspected the living room to be when he suddenly stumbled over something.
“Oh damn”, Mick cursed.
“Yeah, I agree“, Josef answered. He had stopped and looked at the thing Mick had stumbled upon.
Mick turned around and watched it, too.
“I… oh.” He stopped when he saw what he had stumbled over. It was no thing but a human body lying on his stomach. Josef knealt down and turned the lifeless body around. The neck of the young man was clearly showing two indentions from fangs.
“He’s still breathing, but he lost a lot of blood”, Josef told him.
“Do you think it was Beth?”, Josef could hear the slight panic in his voice.
“Who else should it be?”, Josef nipped every upcoming hope in the bud and straightened himself. “We have to call the Cleaner so they can take care of him”, he added and took out his cell phone. “Go on and look for her.”
Mick nodded and surveyed the room.
„Beth? Beth, are you here?“, he whispered and entered the living room. He didn’t switch on any light, because he was afraid that this would make Beth even more nervous, besides he was seeing enough.
He looked around and saw another man on the couch. He went nearer and saw with relief that he was okay, he just seemed to be unconscious.
Josef had ended his short call and started to search the other part of the living room.
“Mick, down here!”, he called suddenly.
Mick turned around and saw her now, too.
Beth sat huddled in a corner, hugging herself, and shivered. She was drenched in blood from head to toe.
Mick approached her slowly. “Beth, it’s me”, he said and knelt down in front of her, but she didn’t seem to acknowledge him at all.
“Beth!”, he said again, this time louder.
She came out of her stupor and looked at him with wide eyes. “I killed him, didn’t I? I killed this man.”
“No, you haven’t. He’s still alive, you stopped at the right time.”, Mick tried to comfort her. “Both men are alive.”
Beth watched him, confused. „But I didn’t hear a heartbeat anymore and I … I suddenly was so thirsty and couldn’t control it any more… what’s wrong with me?” she asked with a broken voice.
“Nothing, Beth. Everything is fine, believe me.”, Mick answered.
“I didn’t want to hurt anyone…”
“I know, Beth, I know. It’s not your fault, believe me.” He reached out to her and smiled. “Come, I will bring you home.” She took his hand slowly and then allowed him to take her carefully into his arms.
“I am so tired, Mick.”, she whispered.
“Then sleep, Beth, I will take care of you”, he said, while Beth was already almost asleep in his arms. He lifted her up and carried her out of the house, while Josef followed him and threw a last glance back into the living room. The Cleaner would have their work cut out for them tonight.

TBC :wave:
Sorry for all english errors I write!
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Re: Remembrances; chapter 4 (PG)

Post by AggieVamp »

*WHEW* :nails: That was a CLOSE call! Thank goodness Mick & Josef were together to FIND Beth!

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
crazy fluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by crazy fluffy »

AggieVamp wrote:*WHEW* :nails: That was a CLOSE call! Thank goodness Mick & Josef were together to FIND Beth!

Karen
Yes, it was very close! But Beth still could resist to take all the blood and kill the man. :yes:
Thank you for reading and leaving a comment. :hug:
NightAir
Fledgling

Post by NightAir »

Thank goodness Beth was able to stop. Will the cleaners help the humans or 'clean' them? Beth doesn't need their deaths on her conscience.

Lance has a spy in LA and knows about Beth. That's scary!

Can't wait for more. :thumbs:
lorig
Fledgling

Post by lorig »

Oh...poor Beth! Let's hope Mick can get her under control....cause Lance knows now... :witsend:

I loved it!! :rose:
Gorgeous banner by PinkiePie
Tag by Mags and coco
crazy fluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by crazy fluffy »

NightAir and lorig: Thank you for reading and commenting.
And NightAir,the cleaners are going to help the humans, don't worry. :hug:

Return to “crazy fluffy's Office”