The Lark (PG-13)

A place for Kelly's G to PG-13 stories
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

The Lark (PG-13)

Post by Kelly »

Disclaimer: If you recognize it, it's not mine.
Note: This is my interpretation of "after the door closed" It's a little rushed, but only because I woke up about an hour ago at 2 in the morning...and I NEEDED to write this. I couldn't get back to sleep until I did. Now it's 3 A.M...and I'm back to sleep. Night...:sleeping:

The Lark

It was the lark, the herald of the morn,
No nightingale. Look, love, what envious streaks
Do lace the severing clouds in yonder east.
Night’s candles are burnt out, and jocund day
Stands tiptoe on the misty mountain tops.
I must be gone and live, or stay and die.
[from Romeo and Juliet]

Since the day that Mick rescued me as a child, I’ve had a void in my heart – a longing for connection with the mysterious man who placed me into my mother’s desperate arms and then disappeared from my life and into the dark night. Tonight that void was filled…filled by the loving touch of his hands on my skin, the sweet taste of his lips on my own, and the sound of his voice as he uttered three words that for so long had lingered, unspoken. For the first time, it didn’t matter that we lived in different worlds, separated by eternity. We were but two halves of a single whole, lost in passion – and in love.

I’m lying here, Mick’s arm draped around me, holding me close, and for the first time in twenty-four years I feel happy, complete, and perfectly safe. A sigh escapes my lips, and even though I cannot see Mick’s face through the darkness, I know that he is smiling. Very tenderly he brushes a lock of blonde hair from my eyes and tucks it behind my ear. His touch makes me shiver, and I hold him tighter, nestling into the crook of his arm and resting my head on his chest. It is such a simple gesture of devotion, yet it shatters my perfect bliss, for I hear neither breath nor heartbeat. I know that vampires have no need for such things, but in my happiness, I had forgotten.

Realization is bitter...it’s like the moment in a dream when you first notice that something is wrong – that everything is just too perfect to be true. Your mind begins to search. It needs to understand. And that’s when it happens: your beautiful dream world begins to break away, piece by piece…and then you wake up.

Mick stirs. I open my eyes but quickly shut them, a futile attempt to hide from reality. Dawn has crept up on us. The room is now bathed in a pale golden light, and the birds have begun their morning songs. Mick kisses my hair softly and then starts to rise, but I grab for his hand – I need him to stay. I want to feel his arms wrapped around me if only for another hour…or even a minute. I’m not ready to let go of the night. Mick smiles in understanding at my act of desperation; however, it is a sad smile. He wants to stay, but reality has again driven a wedge between us. I ache for him, body and soul, yet I allow his hand to slip from my grip, and without a word, Mick dresses, walks to the door, and steps outside – the last piece of night in the glory of day.

Tis torture, and not mercy. Heaven is here
Where Juliet lives, and every cat and dog
And little mouse, every unworthy thing,
Live here in heaven and may look on her,
But Romeo may not.
Last edited by Kelly on Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
mitzie
Courtesan

Re: The Lark (PG-13)

Post by mitzie »

Very powerful and so sad and beautiful!!!! :hankie: I love it!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :Mickangel: :sigh: :eyes: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :groupwave: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :worship: :rose:

mitzie
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

I'd like to say I'm sorry your sleep was interupted... but as this gem is the result I'm sorry but I can't. ;) That kind of uncontrollable inspiration usually produces the best fic and this story is no exception. :clapping:
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Wow, Kelly--this is just perfectly beautiful. So starkly realistic. It's not gonna be a piece of cake. It's not going to work itself out without a whole lot of effort on both their parts... and it's not "happily ever after" for Beth, no matter what. She's in love with a man who is not human.

So the world bangs on the door of their beautiful sanctuary with a heavy fist, and Mick answers. And now what?

I, for one, believe they're up to it. But it's not simple. Never simple, not for Mick and Beth. :Mickangel:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

yes, here is the bittersweet realisation that even perfect relationships can have a grey lining. Understanding this is going to be what helps Beth to mature.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh man, Kelly, you have been on fire lately... This juxtaposition with Romeo and Juliet, the nightingale/lark scene, is just gorgeous!
And your last line...
Kelly wrote:the last piece of night in the glory of day.
... well, that is simply perfect.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

mitzie wrote:Very powerful and so sad and beautiful!!!! :hankie: I love it!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :Mickangel: :sigh: :eyes: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :groupwave: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :worship: :rose:

mitzie
Aww...thank you, Mitzie :hug: :rose:

Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

Catmoon wrote:I'd like to say I'm sorry your sleep was interupted... but as this gem is the result I'm sorry but I can't. ;) That kind of uncontrollable inspiration usually produces the best fic and this story is no exception. :clapping:
hehe...thank you. :rose: :hug:

Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

allegrita wrote:Wow, Kelly--this is just perfectly beautiful. So starkly realistic. It's not gonna be a piece of cake. It's not going to work itself out without a whole lot of effort on both their parts... and it's not "happily ever after" for Beth, no matter what. She's in love with a man who is not human.

So the world bangs on the door of their beautiful sanctuary with a heavy fist, and Mick answers. And now what?

I, for one, believe they're up to it. But it's not simple. Never simple, not for Mick and Beth. :Mickangel:
Aww...thank you so much, Alle. :rose: :hug: And yes, to be honest, I just cannot accept that, post Sonata, everything will just magically be perfect between them. :noway: They're going to have to work at it...much harder than a normal couple.

Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:yes, here is the bittersweet realisation that even perfect relationships can have a grey lining. Understanding this is going to be what helps Beth to mature.
Definitely...and thanks for reading. :hug:

Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

wpgrace wrote:Oh man, Kelly, you have been on fire lately... This juxtaposition with Romeo and Juliet, the nightingale/lark scene, is just gorgeous!
And your last line...
Kelly wrote:the last piece of night in the glory of day.
... well, that is simply perfect.
hehe...I don't know what's wrong with me. It's as if, before I've finished one fic, my mind is already racing with the next one.

And, as always, thank you so much, Grace. Your comments are always amazing. :hug: :rose:

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Kelly!!! this is stunning. :clapping:

The thing I love most about this couple is that I know they are both fighters. Together they make an awesome team and things are most definitely not going to be easy but I have faith in them that they would make it. :thumbs:

(Sorry that's my M/B shipper coming out in me. :snicker: )
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Kelly this is just lovely. Including the Romeo and Juliet theme is brilliant, it gives everything more depth. I love that Beth feels like she can only be with him at night, and experiences the sadness of it. Yet I feel hope reading this, because they both will fight for their relationship and make it.
Thank you for this bittersweet story.
Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

coco wrote:Kelly!!! this is stunning. :clapping:

The thing I love most about this couple is that I know they are both fighters. Together they make an awesome team and things are most definitely not going to be easy but I have faith in them that they would make it. :thumbs:

(Sorry that's my M/B shipper coming out in me. :snicker: )
Aww...thank you, Claire. :hug: :rose:

Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

francis wrote:Kelly this is just lovely. Including the Romeo and Juliet theme is brilliant, it gives everything more depth. I love that Beth feels like she can only be with him at night, and experiences the sadness of it. Yet I feel hope reading this, because they both will fight for their relationship and make it.
Thank you for this bittersweet story.
Thank you so much, francis :hug: :rose: I'm so glad you liked it.

Return to “Kelly's Office”