A Love Betrayed (PG-13)

A place for Kelly's G to PG-13 stories
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

A Love Betrayed (PG-13)

Post by Kelly »

Disclaimer: I own no recognizable characters, sets, dialogue, etc.
Rating: PG-13
Characters: Mick, Coraline
Warning: dark-Mick, violence, adult themes

This is an elaboration on the aftermath of Mick's turning. I always thought that there should have been more to this part, so this is my interpretation.

Furthermore, since writing this fic (which I belive I wrote about 7 months ago), I have become a HUGE MickCora fan, so I currently don't agree with everything I wrote...including the title.

A Love Betrayed

He was running….running through the dark, lonely streets shrouded in night’s shadows which welcomed his presence and embraced his body. How fast or far he ran was of little consequence. This terrible, aching urge was always there, lurking inside him, dominating his thoughts. “Just do it, Mick,” it insisted, “Then this will all go away. The pain, the running…it will all be over.” Mick, however, kept up his quick but staggered pace. He didn’t know where he was going, nor did he care. All he knew was that he had to get away. But is it possible to escape yourself? In his heart, he knew that he wouldn’t be able to fight this hunger forever. It was too strong…too powerful. Eventually, he wouldn’t be able to stop it.

Mick turned into a pitch-black alley and collided into someone— a young man who, by his uncertain actions, Mick could tell was quite intoxicated. The voice in his head was screaming at him to give in to his instincts. He could almost feel the blood flowing in the man’s veins, enticing him to concede. He was fighting a losing battle. “But how will you live with yourself?” came a second voice, weak but still present. It was, however, enough to make him aware of what he was about to do. “NO!!” he yelled and took off running again.

After a while, he found himself in an abandoned lot, shaking with fear of what he had almost done. He was a monster. She had made him such. “You promised me a gift!!” he screamed, not caring who heard, “A gift? This is no gift! It’s a curse! I don’t want forever, if this is what it costs!” Now that he had stopped running, he realized exactly how weak he had become and let himself collapse against one of the cars parked in the lot. He sat there for quite some time, rocking his body softly back and forth.

Suddenly, as if out of nowhere, came an all too familiar voice, “There you are.” Presently, he despised the sound of her voice, yet, at the same time, it was his only source of comfort. He looked up into the eyes of the wife who had betrayed him by turning him into this hideous beast. Coraline dragged along with her a struggling, helpless, whimpering, young woman and pulled her down to Mick’s level.

“Get away from me!” Mick insisted. Temptation was flooding his body, and he couldn’t bare it.

“I know you’re hurting,” Coraline observed, “But I brought you something that will make you feel better.”

“No! Take her away!” Mick demanded.

“You don’t really want me to do that,” Coraline replied, comfortingly stroking his hair.

“Yes,” Mick answered, “I do. Make it stop. Make it stop. Please.”

“I can’t. It’s done, and it’s going to be so wonderful,” Coraline explained, her voice hopeful.

“You’ve gotta kill me. I want to die,” Mick’s tone was pleading.

“No you don’t. You want to live,” she replied and pulled the girl’s bare neck in front of him. He could no longer repress the monster inside of him. It had broken loose, and there was no containing it. The pain, the hunger…it was all too much, so, at last, he allowed his instincts take over. Mick leant down and let his fangs pierce the soft, white skin. Her blood filled his mouth, its taste intoxicating. He drank deeply, his hunger beginning to subside. Momentarily, a sense of disgust and guilt over his actions overwhelmed his being, and he pulled away. He eyed the girl’s body, limp in his arms, nearly lifeless. His newfound instincts overpowered his last remaining human emotions, and it no longer mattered. Only one thing did...
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: A Love Betrayed (PG-13)

Post by wpgrace »

Nice description of what had to be his darkest day... well, his darkest day up to that day... who knows how deep dark he got after that for awhile...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Nice job of re-telling this horrible section of his newly turned life.
Agh---Cora drives me insane!
Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

wpgrace wrote:Nice description of what had to be his darkest day... well, his darkest day up to that day... who knows how deep dark he got after that for awhile...
Thanks, Grace...I always wanted to see more of Mick immediately following his turning.

Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Nice job of re-telling this horrible section of his newly turned life.
Agh---Cora drives me insane!
Thanks, Lisa :hug: Although, I'll try to ignore that second part *points to siggie* :snicker:

bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Good job Kelly, Great job of weaving the script into your story line, and I'm really glad you've come around to Cora. :Mickangel:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Just found this. This short flashback has haunted me since I first saw it. Poor Mick, so struggling between instinct and conscience, tempted by his sire, who is oblivious to what she has done. And you did the scene justice. Well done. :smooch:
Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

bluedahlia3 wrote:Good job Kelly, Great job of weaving the script into your story line, and I'm really glad you've come around to Cora. :Mickangel:
Thank you! :hug: (I'm glad that I did, too)

Kelly
Rogue vampire

Post by Kelly »

francis wrote:Just found this. This short flashback has haunted me since I first saw it. Poor Mick, so struggling between instinct and conscience, tempted by his sire, who is oblivious to what she has done. And you did the scene justice. Well done. :smooch:
Thank you, francis! :hug:

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Mick's pain is visceral in this piece. I find myself hunched over reading this, hurting along with him.
Well done.
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Very well done!! A very haunting vision of Mick in such physical and emotional pain!!!! :Mickangel: :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :sigh: :gasp: :eyes: :seesaw: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :hearts:

mitzie

Return to “Kelly's Office”