The Phone Call - One Shot - PG

A place for Hope91's G to PG-13 stories
Hope91
Freelance freshie

The Phone Call - One Shot - PG

Post by Hope91 »

Have any of you ever wondered what happened when Josef got the phone call from Guillermo in episode 13?

Disclaimer: I don't own anything, Moonlight is owned by Warner Bros and Joel Silver.

The Phone Call

By
Hope

Josef's POV

I had just finished my last meeting for the night and it’s only eight o’clock. Mick usually drops by at this time to have a chat, mostly about his helpless feelings for the blond reporter. But ever since he re-joined the moral universe, he’s visits became less frequent. So I thought I’d pass the time in my home office by playing some mini-gulf. Let’s see if I can break my current record of three hundred hole-in-ones and I’m just one hole away from achieving that goal.

Normally, I don’t play mini-games in my home office, but since the top floor of my down town office complex, where I usually do business, is currently being renovated after it got blown inside out by some homicidal mercenary/loner a few weeks ago.

I bent over slightly to line my good putter with the white gulf ball that sat patiently on the green rolled out mat. “Come on, baby. Daddy needs one more hole to beat his own record.” I murmured. I tightened my grip on the handle as I raised my putter slightly, but when my mew iPhone began buzzing away in my pocket, I lost concentration and applied a little too much swing, sending the gulf ball flying over my desk and knocking over an antique vase.

“Shit.” I hissed.

That vase dated back to the late 17th century, making it as least 340 years old and now it lies broken into small pieces on my good carpet. So, I guess this is why mothers always tell their children to never play ball games in the house.

Without losing my cool, I put my putter to one side and pulled out my phone from my pocket. I looked at the screen and recognised the name on the caller ID, Guillermo Gasol. Strange? Guillermo never really calls, usually he would send me a text whenever a body with suspicious bit marks was brought into the morgue.

Well, whatever it is, he better have a damn good reason to be calling me because he’s gonna be the one replacing my three and half century old vase.

“You better have a good reason for calling me, Guillermo, because I was just in a middle of something and-”

“I’m sorry to bother you, Mr. K, but this is an emergency.” The coroner interrupted. Jee’s, didn’t his sire ever tell him that it’s rude to talk over others, especially to those who are ten times his age such as myself.

“What kind of emergency?”

“It’s Mick. I think he’s about to do something extremely stupid?”

“Something stupid, like what exactly?”

Guillermo was silent for a moment before he replied. “Remember the recent death of Doughnut Diet’s spokes modal, Jill Button? It turns out that she died from massive blood loss and not from having cosmetic surgery. Mick left about five minutes ago, saying that he was going to rescue that human reporter and the new ADA. What are their faces… uh, Beth Turner and Ben Talbot.”

“Yes, but from whom? Be a little bit more specific.”

The coroner signed.

“Jill’s plastic surgeon, Pierce Anders, he’s a vampire and by the looks of the injuries that he inflicted on Mick, a very dangerous one.”

Ok, scratch the payback for the broken vase.

“Oh, that stupid fool…” I was speechless and shocked. Heck, I couldn’t even move a mussel. I can’t believe that Mick would do something like this without thinking of the severe consequences. No, Guillermo must be talking about a different Mick, because the Mick that I know wouldn’t do something as chocked up as this. “Please tell me were talking about a different Mick?”

“I really wish I was, sir, believe me. I tried to stop him, but he wouldn’t listen. He even managed to get Ander’s address out of me.”

“Look, I’ll take it from here and I will call you back soon. And Guillermo, thanks for calling and letting me know, I appreciate that.” I added.

“No problems, sir.” The coroner replied, “I understand that Mick is a close friend of yours.”

You don’t even know half of it. “Bye, Guillermo.”

“Bye, sir.” Then I hung up.

I grabbed my jacket that was slumped over one of the visitor’s seats and marched straight out of the office, and out the double doors to my multi-million dollar mansion without bothering to close them. Why should I even bother to close them, when there is a more important matter to attend too, like saving Mick from certain death? I jumped into my Ferrari and sped off down the deserted freeway.

All I can really hope now is that Mick has not yet left his apartment and if he is there, well, let’s just wait and see what happens.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: The Phone Call - One Shot - PG

Post by francis »

A nice missing scene. I love how Josef is so matter-of-fact over his vase and how he deals with the interruption. He certainly knows his place and the place of everyone else in his universe.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Wow... wait and see what happens indeed... fortunately the LoverNotAFighter knew how to both fight with and show love to Mick, huh?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

Omg, Josef swinging the golf ball into the vase had me :rolling: So funny!

Love this missing scene! :clapping:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

This was great Hope!
Missing scene stories....... I love'em! :hug:
About the vase...... I'm imagining it would look very nice as a mosaic piece.
Surely one of Josef's ladies has a creative bent! :chin:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Nicely done.

This was the call that alerted Josef to Mick's intent to take on Anders as a human, Thank you for giving that little detail life and dimension.

Wonderful!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

Well done, nice missing scene.
Thank you Hope
:rose:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

thanks for the "fill-in"
moonlightfan
Mortal

Post by moonlightfan »

really great scene very well written it´s exactly how i imagine josefs thoughts
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Hope91 wrote:All I can really hope now is that Mick has not yet left his apartment and if he is there, well, let’s just wait and see what happens.
Josef, the all-fixer..well, isn't he in for a great thrill ride now...not only will he have to re-turn his best friend, but also to take over a role as a Fighter-not a Lover.

I do love missing scenes and this was a great one!! :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “Hope91's Office”